Is it just me or does every LTT video include sexual innuendos?

turb01
2 minutes ago, emosun said:

don't think any of them are intended for kids to watch so who cares

Cool but your answer has nothing to do with my question. 

8 minutes ago, emosun said:

don't think any of them are intended for kids to watch so who cares

Whats your definition of kids? I know an 11 year old who watches LTT. When I was 12 I started watching LTT.

My First PC
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Cooler: Asus TUF Gaming LC240
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-f gaming
RAM: 4x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RS (3200 MHz, CL16)
Storage: 1tb Samsung 980 Pro
Graphics Card: Asus Dual RTX 2060 OC
Case: Deepcool Matrexx 50
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x
Headset: Razer Blackshark V2
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Pro Mini (Speed Silver switches)
Mouse: Razer Viper Mini
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

Just now, PcBeExpensive said:

Whats your definition of kids? I know an 11 year old who watches LTT. When I was 12 I started watching LTT.

definition would be an account locked to youtubekids vs just regular youtube

I understand that everyone is concerned about the GN controversy but I consider it unnecessary to complain about this.

1) LTT does not have a target audience of children, I would venture to say that more than 90% of their audience is over 20.
2) Most of the videos in which they make these jokes are in the Xtreme Tech upgrades where the content is much more relaxed and funny
3) And if I'm wrong please tell me in the last 6 videos where these jokes are.

18 minutes ago, emosun said:

definition would be an account locked to youtubekids vs just regular youtube

Who uses youtube kids after 8?

My First PC
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

Yeah, eventually he'll joke around with a new employee who isn't used to his types of interactions and may catch some heat, specially in the age we live in where work place harassment is highlighted as a major concern.

Just because it's a joke in a video doesn't make it ok.

On the other hand, it's what makes Linus ... Linus?  We enjoy his personality, but maybe it's just getting cringe to us as we all age? I don't know.

I have noticed it too and do not really like it that much.

It really tends to be in the TechLinked and GameLinked channels that is the most noteable.

Makes the videos cringy to watch in many ways.

LTTs being aiming at the teen segment for ages now, it works, they have way more time then working adults. You might not like it anymore but it might be worth asking yourselves if you have just grown out of the types of jokes they make. 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

54 minutes ago, emosun said:

who cares? jeez like talking to a wall

who fucking cares, let eight year olds get exposed to sexual language.

My First PC

1 hour ago, Tumwum said:

Yeah, eventually he'll joke around with a new employee who isn't used to his types of interactions and may catch some heat, specially in the age we live in where work place harassment is highlighted as a major concern.

Just because it's a joke in a video doesn't make it ok.

On the other hand, it's what makes Linus ... Linus?  We enjoy his personality, but maybe it's just getting cringe to us as we all age? I don't know.

most of that stuff is probably scripted. he aint gonna catch no heat for that. its like in a movie, a character slaps another character because its part of the script, and the actor playing the character that gets slapped presses charges for assault on the other actor.

1 hour ago, PcBeExpensive said:

who fucking cares, let eight year olds get exposed to sexual language.

Everyone who lets them watch cartoons. FFS this is such a non issue..  and only an issue for puriteans... Especially since innuendos go over childrens heads...

40 minutes ago, Katojana said:

Everyone who lets them watch cartoons. FFS this is such a non issue..  and only an issue for puriteans... Especially since innuendos go over childrens heads...

how is this a non issue? So are you saying 8 year olds should be exposed to sexual language?  

My First PC

1 minute ago, PcBeExpensive said:

how is this a non issue? So are you saying 8 year olds should be exposed to sexual language?  

What for you is "sexual language"?
Lets define that term first.

Is it talking about sex directly like "Hey I want to fuck you in the ass"

Or is it already "Hey how about some netflix and chill" or "lets go home for some coffee"?

The later two are sexual innuendos. Do you want to tell me, that this would be unnaceptable?

Please, tell me what you define as sexual language.

1 hour ago, Katojana said:

What for you is "sexual language"?
Lets define that term first.

Is it talking about sex directly like "Hey I want to fuck you in the ass"

Or is it already "Hey how about some netflix and chill" or "lets go home for some coffee"?

The later two are sexual innuendos. Do you want to tell me, that this would be unnaceptable?

Please, tell me what you define as sexual language.

It's kinda in between, not talking about sex directly, closer to innuendos but like a bit more direct. What is sexual language for you?

My First PC

Because they're in for a world of trouble when it comes to workplace sexual harassment. They have a culture of it, and it's going to burn them like it's burned Blizzard and so many other companies far bigger than LTT. 

https://en.rattibha.com/thread/1691693740254228741?fbclid=IwAR1fQCohM1W9sxHRWqKs46eo7kIZ11Jxayy-Jo2iHWt9oOfdmce-lehmDWo

4 hours ago, PcBeExpensive said:

This is an all around witch hunt topic/thread.

Have you ever watched something you saw as a kid, as an adult, and saw it in a completely different light? Eg watch seinfeld for example  as a kid- it's funny , but there's a large proportion that you can't understand until you get old, as a lot of things are.

This is a literal non issue. 

In the sense of it being "okay" to put those kinds of jokes in - sure. As folk have said, their content isn't aimed at kids and plenty of other content creators say far worse.

In the sense of it being extremely tragic and cringe, yeah I'm with you there. Once in a while they're amusing, usually when they're somewhat organic. But more often than not they just come across like they're trying way too hard to be funny imo.

Who gives a flying fuck? Seriously....It's witch-hunt shit like this that is killing society. 

It's really convenient to pose this question when someone obviously made legitimate claims-  Its things like this [in general] that take away from real problems regarding  X or Y. It's only when something happens that people pop up out of the woodwork and add their two-cent non-issue issue with someone, or something, adding fuel to a fire that someone else lit to illuminate something more important , and dare I say, relevant? 

I've noticed a lot of sexual innuendo  soley for the fact that I understand what the innuendo itself is- I highly fucking doubt an 8 year old would pick up on it. 

That's the thing about innuendo based humor, it's generally only understood by those that have experienced said things (or been exposed to it via other mediums) 

This isn't fucking blues Clues.  It's not Bareny.  Insert whatever childrens show that's relevant -   

8 hours ago, turb01 said:

I can't be the only one seeing it.

i mean i do get what you're talking about. but they are not as common as u say they are. moreover, the target audience isnt kids. so its up to the parents of those kids to monitor what their child is watching and whether that is appropriate for them to watch. nowhere in the channel description does it say its "kid friendly".

lol....yup. The general vibe is always....ooohhhh, we are professionals but we are also young adults and we will make all the boob, fart and butt jokes we can because they are always funny...lol. And yeah, they are.

Every time Linus says "Let's go boys" I cringe into oblivion.  Hopefully the Madison situation tears this place apart, and best of luck to the displaced employees when it goes under.