Is it just me or does every LTT video include sexual innuendos?

turb01
6 minutes ago, TheFlyingSquirrel said:

Who said i was noticing it now.Β  It was just preamble.

so then its not a weird couple of days? lol.

i figured the preamble would have something to do with what you were getting at but i guess not? lol

carry on with obvious observations. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

crazy few days. people posting online. woah!!! 🀣🀣🀣

2 minutes ago, itchie said:

so then its not a weird couple of days? lol.

i figured the preamble would have something to do with what you were getting at but i guess not? lol

carry on with obvious observations. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

crazy few days. people posting online. woah!!! 🀣🀣🀣

My sense of humour is dry. πŸ˜…Β  A bit like toast, glad you enjoy it.

Intel 12400F | 2x8 3000Mhz Corsair LPX | ASRock H570M-ITXΒ  | Noctua DH-N14 | Corsair MP50 480GB | Meshilicious | Corsair SF600 |Β  Fedora

Β 

Thanks let me know if I said something useful. Cheers!

I mean... practically every Disney/Dreamworks/<insert production that does anything remotely related to entertainment> film/serie/song/book/etc. include sexual innuendos. It's kinda commonplace for the entertainment industry, and the vast majority will just go over kids their heads if that's the concern.

Β 

But if you for some reason believe that "this proves that there is a toxic work environment" as if innuendos and a toxic environment are unseperately related, then why are you still watching and thus providing support since the moment you noticed it? Do I think these jokes are funny? No. Do I think these jokes are cringy? Absolutely. Would I rather see this kind of humor disappear? Yeah sure. But that's just part of the humor on these channels.

Β 

Can one be related to the other? Sure. Must one be related to the other? No, let's not be silly.

I feel like a lot of the jokes don't land for me which is fine but for certain groups I can imagine things being more egregious.

Β 

For example, as a woman the Ridge Wallet ads are probably quite offputting: "The bulge in your pants shouldn't be from your wallet"... yeesh. I can't think of other specific examples but there's probably a lot.

Β 

Overall though, as a viewer nothing has made me up and leave, obviously. But... if I had to live through that stuff for hours at work every day, I would get out of that work quickly!

Every tech youtube channel does this. Do I think it's funny? no. But gen z prob does. Has nothing to do with anything tbh. It's a silly throw away line.Β 

wait untill you see what has been right infront of your eyes since you were a wee little kid watching your early morning cartoons. thats the joke, its supposed to be picked up by adults, but fly over the heads of children.

02f.jpg.d5da01a2a1119b083f0a2ca39f99aed5.jpg

On 8/16/2023 at 9:30 AM, link293 said:

Every time Linus says "Let's go boys" I cringe into oblivion.Β  Hopefully the Madison situation tears this place apart, and best of luck to the displaced employees when it goes under.

There are plenty of monotone tech channels to satisfy those who prefer a statistical approach that match all of the requirements expected by zoomers who have 2 or 3 posts here, only knew of LTT starting yesterday, and are bothered by the friendly jovial candor of the "out of touch and innapropriate" millennial, gen x, and boomer crowds.

It seems like this culture can’t have anymore fun. Someone finds everything offensive or it hurt someone’s feelings. To be honest I am tired of a bunch of softies trying to cancel or complain about Β everything. If something bothers you don’t watch it or partake in it. Enough saidΒ 

It's pretty rare they have a joke so bad it's cringy, but almost every time they do it's Riley, and he delivers it so well AND cringes/calls out who wrote it, that it actually adds to the video overall. So sorry if not every single joke lands for you. Maybe you need to shrink your bubble so you don't see things that offend you?

On 8/15/2023 at 11:57 PM, turb01 said:

I can't be the only one seeing it.

Sophomoric humor seems to be part of the brand. Even when they tried to shoot a serious video stating that they would take a week away from posting content they had to joke about segways to the sponsor and such. Innuendo is part of the frat boy tech bro culture apparently.Β 

On 8/15/2023 at 10:57 PM, turb01 said:

I can't be the only one seeing it.

bit of a difference of making those jokes while on camera when its probably scripted and everyone is acting vs making those jokes in a corporate setting once the cameras are turned off and you are back being professional

Does it trigger some people yes but I don't care because I find censorship to be really bad when most of your audience is teens and adults and they watch it everyday.

On 8/16/2023 at 5:16 AM, emosun said:

definition would be an account locked to youtubekids vs just regular youtube

Is that why swear words are censored during the WAN show?

What I find a bit.... Dov Charney-esque is how employees who aren't specifically employed to be models model clothes for the LTT store. Want to see Butt's butt? Sure, my fellow men of culture:Β 

https://www.lttstore.com/cdn/shop/products/UnderwearWomen2000px-7.jpg

Β 

On 8/16/2023 at 7:13 PM, peacefulpolarbear said:

it doesn’t β€œoffend” me to watch but if it’s creating a hostile work environment then that’s not cool

It doesn't even have to create a hostile work environment at LMG.

Β 

It's just a terrible way to be a role model for younger viewers, who will consistently pick up behaviors they see from the people they watch online. If LMG is spouting "that's what she said" jokes, they're going to encourage the next generation to spout them also.

Β 

Some things only change because one generation realizes it's wrong and encourages the next never to pick up the habit in the first place. This ranges from on-topic stuff like sexism or racism to other disconnected stuff like smoking, where one generation basically made it difficult to do and started calling it gross and uncool, and most of the next never picked up the habit and tend to consider those who do to be gross and uncool at a visceral level. Meanwhile older generations have changed very little and their choices and impact on society only end as they get older and die out.

On 8/16/2023 at 11:17 PM, itchie said:

1. videos not aimed at kids

2. its all vague innuendo that will likely go over kids heads if they do click on the video

3. linus isn't the parent of every child who is on youtube. theres a LOT worse sexual language on videos that are aimed at a much younger age group

1. GameLinked is, by the very nature of the subject matter, aimed at all audiences who can play games, and this is where a lot of the innuendo comes from.

2. It's naΓ―ve for anyone to think any kid over the age of 7 or so doesn't understand what innuendo means in an age where too many of them are given too much access to the internet. Even if a kid's own parents do it right, their friends will fill them in on all the lingo and jokes at school, in the playground, in the back yard, on the phone, etc.

3. Movie producers aren't the parent of every potential viewer, but they still have to self-censor to fit their target demographic or risk being rated above it. At some point we'll probably see a communal industry watchdog like the MPAA spring up and start setting up official ratings schemes for streaming services to utilize across the board at a much finer resolution than the current "for kids" vs. "not for kids". LMG would quickly drop the "that's what she said" jokes if it meant being shown to all audiences.

On 8/16/2023 at 11:38 PM, TheFlyingSquirrel said:

This has been a weird couple of days.Β  A lot of activitist newbie accounts picking fights and indirect posts.Β 

One might just as easily say that a lot of apologist veteran accounts are picking fights and using ad hominem attacks.

Β 

Both are generalizations and are, in reality, nothing more than attempts to gatekeep the discussion.

Β 

On 8/17/2023 at 12:27 AM, ItsASpider said:

I mean... practically every Disney/Dreamworks/<insert production that does anything remotely related to entertainment> film/serie/song/book/etc. include sexual innuendos.

They generally utilize double-entendres, rather than innuendo. This is because a double-entendre has a straightforward meaning, which a child will accept at face value, while their parent quietly chuckles at the alternate meaning.

Β 

For instance, a character might be a maintenance worker who is reputed for doing a good job of cleaning out pipes. At some point someone might say they had come over and cleaned their pipes and it had been a great experience and they would definitely have them over again, all deadpan. A kid would just see this as a job well done, while an adult would get the alternate meaning and smirk.

Β 

An innuendo is a different thing, where you use vague language but make it very clear you mean something very specific that the listener is supposed to figure out. You could actually use the same example above, except when the person mentioned how well their pipes had been cleaned, they would add "If you know what I mean, wink-wink, nudge nudge" and the other person would laugh, leading the kid to ask, "why was that funny?" This is how "that's what she said" jokes are delivered.

Β 

I guess you could say the difference is that innuendo is lampshaded (i.e. clearly pointed out), and the LMG humor pretty much always is.

49 minutes ago, Aiken Drum said:

They generally utilize double-entendres, rather than innuendo. This is because a double-entendre has a straightforward meaning, which a child will accept at face value, while their parent quietly chuckles at the alternate meaning.

Β 

For instance, a character might be a maintenance worker who is reputed for doing a good job of cleaning out pipes. At some point someone might say they had come over and cleaned their pipes and it had been a great experience and they would definitely have them over again, all deadpan. A kid would just see this as a job well done, while an adult would get the alternate meaning and smirk.

Β 

An innuendo is a different thing, where you use vague language but make it very clear you mean something very specific that the listener is supposed to figure out. You could actually use the same example above, except when the person mentioned how well their pipes had been cleaned, they would add "If you know what I mean, wink-wink, nudge nudge" and the other person would laugh, leading the kid to ask, "why was that funny?" This is how "that's what she said" jokes are delivered.

Β 

I guess you could say the difference is that innuendo is lampshaded (i.e. clearly pointed out), and the LMG humor pretty much always is.

The real issue here is when those sexual innuendos are directed at a specific person. General "that's what she said" jokes not directed at a specific person are not great, but they are not terrible. What Madison is saying is terrible. Let's focus on that (and also the rampant transphobia in the tech community as a whole).

I think this is a Duh... That's the brand of humor. Idk what you are looking for.