Is it just me or does every LTT video include sexual innuendos?

turb01
1 hour ago, YungG00B said:

"oh my god guys, LMG seems to be a sexually oppressive, offensive, and demeaning environment, poor madison was an unwitting victim of vulgar and offensive jokes"

(her claims, if truthful are valid, but please don't use her as a purity princess when she very clearly is not)

Screenshot 2023-08-16 203419.png

Screenshot 2023-08-16 203523.png

Screenshot 2023-08-16 203616.png

Screenshot 2023-08-16 203850.png

Screenshot 2023-08-16 204020.png

Screenshot 2023-08-16 204054.png

Screenshot 2023-08-16 204152.png

Holy Christ, dude. I'm assuming you're an adult with a job, and, if so, I should not have to tell you this, but comparing how someone runs their personal social media with how they're treated by an employer isn't just apples to oranges, it's not even fruits to vegetables; it's food to antimatter.

One is a person engaging with people on their own terms, and the other is a person being pressured to engage with someone else via a power imbalance.

1 hour ago, whatsEJstandfor said:

Holy Christ, dude. I'm assuming you're an adult with a job, and, if so, I should not have to tell you this, but comparing how someone runs their personal social media with how they're treated by an employer isn't just apples to oranges, it's not even fruits to vegetables; it's food to antimatter.

One is a person engaging with people on their own terms, and the other is a person being pressured to engage with someone else via a power imbalance.

She sure was engaging with people on her own terms when she told her married boss on camera to "stick it in the box" and giggled like a schoolgirl, and he had to tell her to stop. I'm sure Yvonne really appreciated that "joke" of hers.

1 hour ago, whatsEJstandfor said:

It's genuinely crazy how people think just because a woman is acting in a certain way does not mean they are okay with being sexually harassed. Like are we talking to children?

18 hours ago, Dominatus said:

LTT does not have a target audience of children, I would venture to say that more than 90% of their audience is over 20.

There is no way that’s true 

In 2023 ppl actually complain about basic 69 and 420 jokes from 2015 or even earlier on the internet, even tho everyone knows it is just a meme to use them now? (Or at least i thought everyone knows) 

16 minutes ago, JesusAleks said:

It's genuinely crazy how people think just because a woman is acting in a certain way does not mean they are okay with being sexually harassed. Like are we talking to children?

probably actually, yes we are

18 hours ago, emosun said:

don't think any of them are intended for kids to watch so who cares

Even Disney/Dreamworks movies are chock full of sexual innuendos.

Given the increase in sexual innuendos and inappropriate sexual comments in his video, i can tell sexual harassment is well condoned in the company.

21 hours ago, turb01 said:

I can't be the only one seeing it.

You're not. The gamelinked videos and the others like them are full of "That's what she said!" jokes, which is generally a sexist and degrading joke towards the imaginary woman. It's never actually been appropriate and these days it's not just inappropriate but widely criticized and warned-against by competent PR and HR teams.

Yes.  You know what the problem with LTT is.  This old Fox TV show predicted the issue.  Anyone else remember the TV show "Ally Mc Beal"? I mean REALLY remember it because you were in your late teens to early 20's when it was on.  You are an older Milennial / Xennial/ young Gen X er.  

The place where my father was employed, where people worked side-by-side for seventeen years without really getting to know each other, that's the place where there's something wrong. Here where people are in each other's lives, Richard Fish can be proud of that. I'm proud of that. And yes, there's some finger sucking on occasion, and a knee pit, seems everybody's kissed everybody else at one time or another, but, we're kids. The partners are in their 30's, the associates are in their 20's. Even if we're not still kids," he turns and sees that the lawyers are now their young selves (sight gag where kids are dressed like the main cast), "I guess we all like to pretend we are. And today, you know, suddenly it's become very difficult to cling to that illusion because a very grown-up thing is going on." A marriage is falling apart. Two people that we adore, their marriage is ending, and it hurts. Georgia is angry at Billy and she's angry at the firm.  --Ally Mc Beal http://allymcbeal.tktv.net/Episodes3/11.html Over the Rainbow Air date: February 7, 2000

I can tell from half a continent away how it must feel to be where LTT is.  Everyone has that moment sometime between 20 and 35 where they realize they are grown, for real.  That they need to act grown.  That grown people aren't just teenagers with money.  That it's not just having this and that and having done this and that.  That it is in your head.  It is a maturing experience.   They will be better for it.  

A bit of sexual innuendo in the script of a video can be OK.  Just like a sex scene in a movie.  You know they don't really do it.    Once the director says CUT it's over, clothes are on. 

28 minutes ago, jnmaster said:

Who cares? If you’re offended, watch something else 💀

it doesn’t “offend” me to watch but if it’s creating a hostile work environment then that’s not cool

2 minutes ago, peacefulpolarbear said:

it doesn’t “offend” me to watch but if it’s creating a hostile work environment then that’s not cool

Exactly, the types of comments that are said that are cut out of vides and the comments said off camera given what goes through the editing and test released.

If your releasing many videos regularly with this content then it is just the tip of the iceberg.

It creates a culture were the people at the top (the people in videos) make these comments all the time time and it is normal for them to do so, so when a regular staff member feels harassed (as you easily could be from these comments) what are they to do clearly this is standard culture there now. 

6 hours ago, Sousuke said:

Now, I work in professional settings in which I've heard way way worse sexual innuendos and crude jokes and as long as everyone takes it at its face value which that it is a bit of fun and banter, there are no issues. Plus the industry I work in is 89% women which puts me in a small minority. 

I do understand that there maybe a culture internally which needs to be resolved and quickly otherwise they will loose my support entirely with reforms to the way that they handle HR issues (By hiring or dedicating someone to that role instead of slapping it on Colton's plate with the other 8 duties he has).

8% (12 women / 150 employees) of a workplace being women versus 89% changes a majority to a minority, and considering. I don't have a problem with their videos having crude jokes, because I find them funny, but I could understand how those same  jokes off-camera. You can even double that to 16% and it would still be discomforting. I can't speak personally since I'm male.

Well alot of it would bow over the heads of kids. Just like how Disney moves has sexual innuendos lol

24 minutes ago, alextriforce549 said:

8% (12 women / 150 employees) of a workplace being women versus 89% changes a majority to a minority, and considering. I don't have a problem with their videos having crude jokes, because I find them funny, but I could understand how those same  jokes off-camera. You can even double that to 16% and it would still be discomforting. I can't speak personally since I'm male.

Which needs to be reported internally to HR if someone is uncomfortable but I must say that I do think that people do get overly offended these days however even with that, no one deserves to feel in anyway that they can't rase their concerns to management, if they do, management has failed. 

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

8 hours ago, YungG00B said:

"oh my god guys, LMG seems to be a sexually oppressive, offensive, and demeaning environment, poor madison was an unwitting victim of vulgar and offensive jokes"

(her claims, if truthful are valid, but please don't use her as a purity princess when she very clearly is not)

Screenshot 2023-08-16 203419.png

Screenshot 2023-08-16 203523.png

Screenshot 2023-08-16 203616.png

Screenshot 2023-08-16 203850.png

Screenshot 2023-08-16 204020.png

Screenshot 2023-08-16 204054.png

Screenshot 2023-08-16 204152.png

Where did I mention her? Please tell me.

Nice strawman argument tho.

Yes they do, it is very old Millennial humor, I would really love if they moved on from thinking 69 and 420 is funny, it's similar humor to Elon Musk and I think they should stop if they really want to stay relevant.

4 hours ago, peacefulpolarbear said:

Don’t think you know what a hostile work environment is bud.

1. videos not aimed at kids

2. its all vague innuendo that will likely go over kids heads if they do click on the video

3. linus isn't the parent of every child who is on youtube. theres a LOT worse sexual language on videos that are aimed at a much younger age group

seems like you're just trying to dogpile as much as you can. weird to see how many people are delighted to see ltt in drama. all the unsub posts cheering how much money floatplane might lose from that when nothing at all has been proven on the madison stuff and the gamers nexus drama really shouldnt be such a big deal that you want to see the entire company financially ruined. yeah they arent perfect but i mean how long have they had the labs stuff up and theyve said a bunch of times its not even done so i dunno wtf people expect.

This has been a weird couple of days.  A lot of activitist newbie accounts picking fights and indirect posts. 

LMG staff are a bit immature, this isn't fake, majority of them are your typical internet dwelling tech nerd who use to frequent reddit/fourchan etc.... 

The problem with these activists posts, they are either disingenious, their brand of humour is almost unchanged in 10 years, you cant be noticing it now.  Or they are overreaching, trying to link toilet humour to a culture of sexual harrassment, like wtf.   Do you have any idea how hard it would be to cover up a culture of sexual harassment in a company of 100+ staff?   It is a media company, female staff will leave and explode the internet. 

Intel 12400F | 2x8 3000Mhz Corsair LPX | ASRock H570M-ITX  | Noctua DH-N14 | Corsair MP50 480GB | Meshilicious | Corsair SF600Fedora

Thanks let me know if I said something useful. Cheers!

2 hours ago, Sponch said:

Yes they do, it is very old Millennial humor, I would really love if they moved on from thinking 69 and 420 is funny, it's similar humor to Elon Musk and I think they should stop if they really want to stay relevant.

Maybe you can tell us what their humour should be. 

They are milennials btw...

Intel 12400F | 2x8 3000Mhz Corsair LPX | ASRock H570M-ITX  | Noctua DH-N14 | Corsair MP50 480GB | Meshilicious | Corsair SF600Fedora

10 minutes ago, TheFlyingSquirrel said:

This has been a weird couple of days.  A lot of activitist newbie accounts picking fights and indirect posts. 

LMG staff are a bit immature, this isn't fake, majority of them are your typical internet dwelling tech nerd who use to frequent reddit/fourchan etc.... 

The problem with these activists posts, they are either disingenious, their brand of humour is almost unchanged in 10 years, you cant be noticing it now.  Or they are overreaching, trying to link toilet humour to a culture of sexual harrassment, like wtf.   Do you have any idea how hard it would be to cover up a culture of sexual harassment in a company of 100+ staff?   It is a media company, female staff will leave and explode the internet. 

been lurking on here since 2014, any time there's ltt stuff that gets outside the bubble you get new accounts. you cant be noticing it now.

3 minutes ago, itchie said:

been lurking on here since 2014, any time there's ltt stuff that gets outside the bubble you get new accounts. you cant be noticing it now.

Who said i was noticing it now.  It was just preamble.