Is it just me or does every LTT video include sexual innuendos?

turb01
58 minutes ago, IamSkystone said:

Who gives a flying fuck? Seriously....It's witch-hunt shit like this that is killing society. 

It's really convenient to pose this question when someone obviously made legitimate claims-  Its things like this [in general] that take away from real problems regarding  X or Y. It's only when something happens that people pop up out of the woodwork and add their two-cent non-issue issue with someone, or something, adding fuel to a fire that someone else lit to illuminate something more important , and dare I say, relevant? 

I've noticed a lot of sexual innuendo  soley for the fact that I understand what the innuendo itself is- I highly fucking doubt an 8 year old would pick up on it. 

That's the thing about innuendo based humor, it's generally only understood by those that have experienced said things (or been exposed to it via other mediums) 

This isn't fucking blues Clues.  It's not Bareny.  Insert whatever childrens show that's relevant -   

You seem pressed. Go touch grass. 

It's so funny to see someone say, "it doesn't matter" when there are allegations of toxic work environments.

It's cringe. Every time I hear one It's either I groan or whoever I'm with groans, or we groan together.

10 hours ago, turb01 said:

I can't be the only one seeing it.

So... what?

Here's the thing, and I say this as someone who has always been somewhat of a prude. Let people have their fun.

A very common, and unfortunate problem that comes up all the time, especially in social media is people wanting to police other people's behavior, that they have no stake in. Do I care that right-wingers tend to come off as racist and sexist? Yes. Is it in my power to change them? No. Likewise left-wingers tend to come off as holier-than-thou, my-way-or-you-are-literately-satan. Again should I care? No. But living on the west coast, you will never, EVER, not run into someone like this. It is not your place to tell people they are wrong for doing something if you are not in a position to make them change. 

Tone and language policing never works, and it usually results in people being purposely more obnoxious toward you because you are ruining their fun. Linus is a grown adult, and so is everyone at LMG. Maybe some of these things they say should be rightfully edited out of the video because it gives the impression that the environment is actively hostile (where are all the women creators at LMG? hmm?????) This is where the WAN show comes in. There are a lot more off-the-cuff things Linus (and Luke also, but mostly Linus) have said that sometimes makes it feel like LMG is a bro-club, where you can say whatever you want.

Remember the "hard R" video? Where Linus nearly torpeodo'd the entire company over a misunderstanding of what "hard R" is? This might be something a bunch of bros will say to each other privately in a joking matter. BUT WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT IN FRONT OF THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE? Many who might not have that context?

So my view is, let people have their fun, but you as the viewer and/or the customer/subscriber have the means to evoke change in the content creator.  Don't buy the merch, don't sub, don't like and subscribe if the content creator is producing content that is actively hostile towards YOU. Not someone else. YOU. Only YOU.

If someone at LMG is punching down on someone else on youtube, that's bad. That's also bad for attracting and keeping sponsors.

This is something you tend to see when you look at "who sponsors the crazypants streamers/podcasters?" Cause you should know you are a toxic creator if the only sponsorships you can get are gacha/loot-box mobile games, gambling sites, questionable health products (aka snake oil), and counterfeit products. People selling garbage, don't care about who they sponsor, because to them the content creator is already in on the grift and doesn't have any ethical concern about selling obvious garbage.

There are other content creators out there that would happily take a sponsorship away from LMG if the sponsor doesn't like the language used by Linus or others on the team.

11 hours ago, turb01 said:

I can't be the only one seeing it.

find a hobby, get a life outside of the internet and stop wasting people's time with your nonesense. not every thought that comes to mind is worth talking about or sharing. Nitpicking because finding LTT faults is not as cool as you think.

3 hours ago, Overheal said:

Because they're in for a world of trouble when it comes to workplace sexual harassment. They have a culture of it, and it's going to burn them like it's burned Blizzard and so many other companies far bigger than LTT. 

https://en.rattibha.com/thread/1691693740254228741?fbclid=IwAR1fQCohM1W9sxHRWqKs46eo7kIZ11Jxayy-Jo2iHWt9oOfdmce-lehmDWo

I think the "who cares" people are probably in their teens and have never had a real job.  Sexual inuendo in an office environment is not acceptable.  Period.  Full stop.  End of story.

Have I shot the shit with guys at work?  Of course.  But it was with people I knew well and only when it was just us around.  Usually at lunch.  We all had the absolute baseline level of intelligence to know that shit can't happen in the office at large.

I just posted this in another thread, but I'm honestly surprised all of sexual immaturity / bro culture hadn't landed LMG in any hot water yet.  Maybe that's about to change...

26 minutes ago, mixo said:

find a hobby, get a life outside of the internet and stop wasting people's time with your nonesense. not every thought that comes to mind is worth talking about or sharing. Nitpicking because finding LTT faults is not as cool as you think.

That's such a childish take. Even more, now that we know about the allegation of a toxic work environment. 

I've also noted a lot of those stupid childish frat boy innuendos. I don't think it is appropriate and even worse to see grown-up men behave like that. It has nothing to do with being a prude or not. It makes me wonder how bad is the work environment in a place where they think it's cool to have a 69 joke in your monetized apology video. 

They are not prevalent, but it is stupid not to edit them out. 

Edited by Ferazam
Grammar

28 minutes ago, mixo said:

Stop being an LTT simp and I will get a life. Deal?

37 minutes ago, turb01 said:

Stop being an LTT simp and I will get a life. Deal?

Lotta simping going on around here. But that's to be expected in the walled garden of LTT.

What these regulars don't understand is that LTT and LMG, in general, depend on many people like us to continue to watch their content. It's the thousands of not regulars who don't even always watch while logged into YouTube who keep this machine going. They act like they have some sort of Moral Highground because they frequent the chats and hang around the forum. But they don't. In this case, it's not business as usual, serious issues will need to be dealt with, and the fact that people like us are here to voice our distaste over what's happening is just too much for them.

None of what you regulars say touches me one bit because I'm not actually part of your LTT simp group. I'm highly disturbed by not only what's been going on behind the scenes at LMG but also the large group of defenders who came out of the woodwork to pretend that it's all just fine, nothing really to see here.

Ffs, there is nothing explicit that i ever came across. This is an entertainment-channel with comedic references of all variety. Grow a vagina, that thing can take a pounding (quote Betty White)

If you don't like the jokes or language they use, don't watch it. Plenty of other options to spend time. If it was illegal, I'm sure the YT algorithm would have caught them. 

And you have to provide specific examples that offend you. Not just a general statement. What to some is an innocent joke, is something else to the Pope. What exactly said who to whom and in what context? 

AMD 9 7900 + Thermalright Peerless Assassin SE

Gigabyte B650m DS3H

2x16GB GSkill 60000 CL30

Samsung 980 Pro 2TB

Fractal Torrent Compact

Seasonic Focus Plus 550W Platinum

W11 Pro

14 hours ago, PcBeExpensive said:

Whats your definition of kids? I know an 11 year old who watches LTT. When I was 12 I started watching LTT.

I was definitely around the same age when I started watching LTT.
The innuendos didn't really start becoming commonplace until I was an adult tho.

I don't really find this a complaint, it's more just "hey do you guys notice it".
The whole point imo is it'll likely go over literal children's heads to some extent so it's a safe-ish joke.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

1 minute ago, Lurking said:

If you don't like the jokes or language they use, don't watch it. Plenty of other options to spend time. If it was illegal, I'm sure the YT algorithm would have caught them. 

And you have to provide specific examples that offend you. Not just a general statement. What to some is an innocent joke, is something else to the Pope. What exactly said who to whom and in what context? 

Another long-time regular making stupid demands. I remember one specific instance that involved Dennis and a blurred dildo. Or maybe it was not really a dildo, but it looked like one blurred. I don't know.

And here's the thing. I only have to drop the reference, and it's not my obligation to prove it. It's public. All of this is public. People who have seen it know. Just because you haven't doesn't mean a damned thing to me. I'm not keeping track of groan-worthy moments; they just make me less likely to watch. In fact, until recently the only LMG content I've watched was the WAN show.

6 hours ago, turb01 said:

You seem pressed. Go touch grass. 

you seem out for drama, go touch paper shredder

3 minutes ago, YungG00B said:

"oh my god guys, LMG seems to be a sexually oppressive, offensive, and demeaning environment, poor madison was an unwitting victim of vulgar and offensive jokes"

One is being 'funny' on the internet, maybe with some self deprecating humor. The other is being made fun of in a degrading way at your workplace. Do you really not understand the difference?

Now, I work in professional settings in which I've heard way way worse sexual innuendos and crude jokes and as long as everyone takes it at its face value which that it is a bit of fun and banter, there are no issues. Plus the industry I work in is 89% women which puts me in a small minority. 

No malicious meaning is behind anything I've ever heard on a non WAN Show LTT video (I don't usually watch the WAN Show due to the time difference as I live in the UK). 

If you do have issues with this then there are plenty of other tech YouTubers who don't include this sort of stuff in their videos.

I do understand that there maybe a culture internally which needs to be resolved and quickly otherwise they will loose my support entirely with reforms to the way that they handle HR issues (By hiring or dedicating someone to that role instead of slapping it on Colton's plate with the other 8 duties he has).

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

It's cringey yeah, but I just shrug and move on.

First post from the UK so be gentle.

The issue is that if they are happy with all the sexual innuendo on camera just what is it like off camera and because some find it all a giggle it doesn't mean everyone in the workplace does. This obviously links to the Madison comments and posting things she's posted about herself or on her own does not mean she can be fair game for all and sundry at LMG. 

I've been bullied within a supposedly professional workplace, a charity workplace for that matter, you're singled out and targeted, you're made to think you're the only person with an issue when in fact you can sometimes even be in the majority. Divide and conquer is popular especially amongst managers, make out you're the weakest link, undermine and pressure in to either changing to suit the managers terms or walk away - far too few people speak out.

I've no idea whether what she says is true but I suspect at least some of it is, the patterns are there, i've seen the behavior, it's just banter etc and its something the new CEO needs to look in to and crack down on - they need a proper HR that will deal with everyone from the top down in a fair way and I suspect they don't have that.

I enjoy Linus' videos, i don't ever use them to help me with a purchase and I enjoy the wan show too and for now I'll continue watching but more bullying allegations and talk of a toxic environment will only make me lose any respect I have for Linus and LTT 👍