Gamers Nexus alleges LMG has insufficient ethics and integrity

osgalaxy
Message added by TVwazhere,

Please remember that the Community Standards apply to all threads including this one:

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner
  • "Don't be a dick" —Wil Wheaton
  • "Be excellent to each other" —Bill and Ted
  • Remember your audience; both present and future

2 minutes ago, perryckd said:

minimal issues

If LTT/LMG want to be taken seriously as reviewers, inaccurate data and poor standards are not "minimal issues." 

Just now, xg32 said:

and why does that even matter? no1's perfect, great actors are often assholes, as long as the products good. Calling someone a manchild, out of touch  often misses the point of the original discussion. As far as millionaires go, hes good. 

It's not missing the point of anything, the reason that so many people are saying that is because his response was that of a literal manchild who can't be assed to stop himself from tripping over his ego for 2 seconds to provide a more thoughtful response. It has nothing to do with being "perfect" and it has everything to do with the bar being set incredibly low for the reach his platform has.

Also why the hell are you carrying water for millionaries? like lmao the dude doesn't care about you personally. You have no idea if he's truly "good" or not.

15 minutes ago, m9x3mos said:

How did he screw up the Asus thing?

Also with the mod mats, he sent everyone corrected images on cards to reference so they had the correct data and a pin and let everyone know right away when he found the problem.

There was nothing wrong with the mat materially so it wasn't needed to be trashed.

If he took them back, that is what would have needed to happen for a printing error since it can't be done.

So GN is allowed to send out a card for a physical good that is supposed to function as factual reference and not recall and fix the problem but LTT can’t put asterisks in comments when they find a mistake?

It's crazy seeing people posting defending LMG like it's a sports team they are die hard fans of. Gamers Nexus posted valid criticism, you just have to hope LMG accepts the criticisms constructively. 

These valid criticisms were never addressed.

I'd give Linus the benefit of the doubt himself but we saw how he reacted when criticism goes his ways plenty of times. LMG in the other hand might be different. 

2 minutes ago, Quirkz said:

GN aren't painting LTT as 'scum'. They've been very critical (and seem to be taking it a bit personally), but they have not used words to that effect or implied that.

'scum' is just a figure of speech, a choice of word. you can replace it with many any unfavorable term. this is negativity that Steve wants the internet to cancel LMG, to want to tip the scales to his channel further.

just look at his video description, openly implying Linus as a rotten apple...

2 minutes ago, Drazil100 said:

That's not how I am reading it. My interpretation is that Linus realized that his responses were DEFINITELY making things worse and that a proper well thought out response was needed. My guess is he is taking his time and meeting with the people in his company to try to figure out what the right path forward is. I also suspect that this won't make it on wan show but that they will make a dedicated video discussing what they plan to do going forward. 

If they don't do this I will be severely disappointed but I suspect the reason they have yet to post a video today is because they are holding all main channel videos until they properly address this (which is the right course of action to take)

One hopes the new CEO is fast-tracking the transition to days and hrs instead of business quarters in light of all this. @Drazil100

1 minute ago, perryckd said:

'scum' is just a figure of speech, a choice of word. you can replace it with many any unfavorable term. this is negativity that Steve wants the internet to cancel LMG, to want to tip the scales to his channel further.

just look at his video description, openly implying Linus as a rotten apple...

I flat-out disagree.  If Steve wanted that he wouldn't have said bupkiss about when LMG got their channel hijacked.

6 minutes ago, Forbidden Wafer said:

From 41257 -> 38469 = -6.7%. Sad to see.

Is there any historical churn data for Floatplane?

I have watched your shows for a number of years. I work in the technology field.

I enjoy the entertainment factor but some things are just presented seriously wrong and shortcuts are taken.

I recognize some of these things because we deploy these solutions for large enterprise clients. I understand you dont always have time to bring in product experts but its unrealistic to expect your writers or staff to be knowledgeable in everything.

For example home nas using true nas... no mention of ECC memory, on board video or IPMI, etc.

Nothing to describe how to size memory for caching.

Nothing about hot swap bays

I just think its fun entertainment but at same time be nice if you did create a channel where videos are released less frequent and you provide helpful advice to actually allow your viewers to deploy solutions you talk about.

3 minutes ago, ChumleyTGT said:

One hopes the new CEO is fast-tracking the transition to days and hrs instead of business quarters in light of all this. @Drazil100

That's what I hope they have spent the day doing. They can't just come out and apologize, no one will trust them. They need to not only apologize but include a path forward, and that requires figuring out what all the problems are so that they can discus what they plan to do to fix them.

The levels of Simping on this thread is pitiful. If the situation were reversed and it was LMG calling out GN for unethical practices I'd be over there saying "WTF Steve".

As it is, it's Linus under his own half finished bus.

Edited by Mattumanu
Forgot "out" after "calling".

2 minutes ago, JustWinz said:

It's crazy seeing people posting defending LMG like it's a sports team they are die hard fans of. Gamers Nexus posted valid criticism, you just have to hope LMG accepts the criticisms constructively. 

These valid criticisms were never addressed.

I'd give Linus the benefit of the doubt himself but we saw how he reacted when criticism goes his ways plenty of times. LMG in the other hand might be different. 

because steve continue to be a bad actor. all the points raised in his sensationalised video can be addressed to LMG, as collaboraters friends first. and all the points are minor oversight 

again LMG has been around for long time. if Linus is a bad actor that Steve is painting him to be, you will have countless parties cancelling him. 

47 minutes ago, Chairman Boofy said:

It's not missing the point of anything, the reason that so many people are saying that is because his response was that of a literal manchild who can't be assed to stop himself from tripping over his ego for 2 seconds to provide a more thoughtful response. It has nothing to do with being "perfect" and it has everything to do with the bar being set incredibly low for the reach his platform has.

Also why the hell are you carrying water for millionaries? like lmao the dude doesn't care about you personally. You have no idea if he's truly "good" or not.

The original problems of the post were: labs calling out GN, billet labs, and testing inaccuracies, see how this current discussion as nothing to do with that (the same can be said about people solely focusing on Steve's intentions), i just don't agree with the personal attacks. And in the context of LTT, he's "good" as a content creator.

Anyway, this isnt getting anywhere, let's just agree to disagree.

5950x 1.33v 5.05 4.5 88C 195w ll R20 12k ll drp4 ll x570 dark hero ll gskill 4x8gb 3666 14-14-14-32-320-24-2T (zen trfc)  1.45v 45C 1.15v soc ll 6950xt gaming x trio 325w 60C ll samsung 970 500gb nvme os ll sandisk 4tb ssd ll 6x nf12/14 ippc fans ll tt gt10 case ll evga g2 1300w ll w10 pro ll 34GN850B ll AW3423DW

9900k 1.36v 5.1avx 4.9ring 85C 195w (daily) 1.02v 4.3ghz 80w 50C R20 temps score=5500 ll D15 ll Z390 taichi ult 1.60 bios ll gskill 4x8gb 14-14-14-30-280-20 ddr3666bdie 1.45v 45C 1.22sa/1.18 io  ll EVGA 30 non90 tie ftw3 1920//10000 0.85v 300w 71C ll  6x nf14 ippc 2000rpm ll 500gb nvme 970 evo ll l sandisk 4tb sata ssd +4tb exssd backup ll 2x 500gb samsung 970 evo raid 0 llCorsair graphite 780T ll EVGA P2 1200w ll w10p ll NEC PA241w ll pa32ucg-k

prebuilt 5800 stock ll 2x8gb ddr4 cl17 3466 ll oem 3080 0.85v 1890//10000 290w 74C ll 27gl850b ll pa272w ll w11

Everybody:

Linus: "Let's buy some stocks and steal some mono blocks"

Errrrrbody: "Oi bruff"

1 minute ago, bandainamcofan said:

To you. Still doesn't mean he committed some ethical violation. 

I never said he did. But he did make a "hit piece" in my opinion. Yes it has facts, but it also has a lot of speculation and editorializing that could have been corrected by a simple reaching out for comment.

1 minute ago, Forbidden Wafer said:

From 41257 -> 38469 = -6.7%. Sad to see.

He keeps saying (almost every week on wan show) that it's a good thing the community holds him accountable. He is building is brand around this. Regardless of the outcome, it's a good thing that he has to face this reality at least once. Not hypothetically on an excel spreadsheet, but for real.  Now we will see if they actually can adapt or not. 

Just now, perryckd said:

LMG, as collaboraters friends first

He's explicitly said when it concerns consumers, as this does, he will treat LMG as he would anyone else. He's not obligated to reach for comment and he himself argues to do so for Linus to "soften the blow" would be against his standards to his audience. 

2 minutes ago, perryckd said:

because steve continue to be a bad actor. all the points raised in his sensationalised video can be addressed to LMG, as collaboraters friends first. and all the points are minor oversight 

again LMG has been around for long time. if Linus is a bad actor that Steve is painting him to be, you will have countless parties cancelling him. 

how is steve a bad actor. extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Just now, PressleyPress said:

I never said he did. But he did make a "hit piece" in my opinion. Yes it has facts, but it also has a lot of speculation and editorializing that could have been corrected by a simple reaching out for comment.

What could have been corrected by reaching out?