Gamers Nexus alleges LMG has insufficient ethics and integrity

osgalaxy
Message added by TVwazhere,

Please remember that the Community Standards apply to all threads including this one:

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner
  • "Don't be a dick" —Wil Wheaton
  • "Be excellent to each other" —Bill and Ted
  • Remember your audience; both present and future

1 minute ago, JoshuaScholar said:

You see ME in a bad light because I am perfectly aware when Linus, over and over, juggles fragile parts worth thousands and usually gets close to dropping them and sometimes DOES drop them?

Good people are blind?

I think there are innocent people in LTT. People that never were on or in a Video or even responsible for a video. I would imagine they exist. But regardless LTT is done. For me personally, it is the end of an age. It is sad to see. I still can't believe it was GN that ultimately killed LTT. Just from a friendship perspective that is sad to see. I am just scared people are going to start hurting themselves and or worse because of YouTube. No one should die or lose their livelihood over a video and I fear the worst.

But who knows maybe GN can be the next LTT who knows maybe smaller creators are given an opportunity to shine.

1 minute ago, RotoCoreOne said:

lol ok conflicts of interest just don’t exist

Not as Steve defines them. On that basis nobody in the industry could do any reviews because they all got paid by someone in the business. So only people with a webcam in a basement are trustworthy by these standards. 

In fact, it's all comical because nobody is unbiased as people have their own opinions on everything. It doesn't take anybody to be paid to prefer certain brands over others.

This is such a shitshow, and Linus tried to shift the blame to others. 

I hope they can reevaluate their process, rethink their public statement and properly address this in a video and on the WAN show, not talking about it on the WANshow feels like it's being shoved under the rug and the response just dropped on their own forum instead of you know.. anywhere else where non-die-hard-LTT fans see it.

GN's new video clearly shows and states that LTT never resolved it with Billet labs and only after GN's video tried to reach a settlement, which Billet did not reply to. So no agreement has been reached.

1 hour ago, TheSilverSpade said:

Worried how?

I think the proper question is "why"?

1 minute ago, 3m3m said:

I think there are innocent people in LTT. People that never were on or in a Video or even responsible for a video. I would imagine they exist. But regardless LTT is done. For me personally, it is the end of an age. It is sad to see. I still can't believe it was GN that ultimately killed LTT. Just from a friendship perspective that is sad to see. I am just scared people are going to start hurting themselves and or worse because of YouTube. No one should die or lose their livelihood over a video and I fear the worst.

But who knows maybe GN can be the next LTT who knows maybe smaller creators are given an opportunity to shine.

If this hurts LMG it will be their incompetence going forward.  It doesn't have to hurt them at all!

2 minutes ago, mikaelus said:

Not as Steve defines them. On that basis nobody in the industry could do any reviews because they all got paid by someone in the business. So only people with a webcam in a basement are trustworthy by these standards. 

In fact, it's all comical because nobody is unbiased as people have their own opinions on everything. It doesn't take anybody to be paid to prefer certain brands over others.

Because nobody is unbiased it no longer matters. Got it

3 hours ago, Saeumii said:

his conclusion would've been the same regardless... idk how many times i've said it, but i'll say it as many times as i need to. linus' conclusion was derived from the fact that there are many more affordable alternatives that are just as effective. no average joe is going to buy an $800 water block for his pc when a $100-200 one will work just as well

The product is obviously not meant for the average Joe but for a niche customer who is willing to pay $800 for a water block. There are people like that out there. There are people who pay over a thousand bucks for a case, so there is clearly a market for very specialized and expensive PC hardware.

But LTT screwing up the review may potentially drive these potential niche customers away as they may come to the conclusion that the block is not only expensive, but it also doesn't work well. That may or may not be the case, but the 1.5M people who watched it may never know!

11 minutes ago, Im_a_Rhinoceros said:

Ive already answered this. It is 1.5 million a month. Pretty easy to check: 1-2mm views per video times X number of videos per month times average CPM

thx - I missed the 'monthly' bit. 

Just now, JoshuaScholar said:

If this hurts LMG it will be their incompetence going forward.  It doesn't have to hurt them at all!

I have seen YouTube channels die for a lot less. But one thing is for sure. Linus better gets on a camera and fast. Him, not responding is doing a lot more damage to his company than anything else.

But yea Linus is Noah Katz 2.0 at this point.

Just now, 3m3m said:

I have seen YouTube channels die for a lot less. But one thing is for sure. Linus better gets on a camera and fast. Him, not responding is doing a lot more damage to his company than anything else.

But yea Linus is Noah Katz 2.0 at this point.

Let's just hope Linus doesn't have a ProJared arc.

This IQ pissing contest is bullshit. Maybe 50 people on this site are smart af, the rest are hurting for a comment likes or for linus to come down. I scoured the internet because I thought it was soo bad and when I finally found out i was like ffs. Everyone is acting like they neve messed up. I bet 70% hit the shitter and text cause they junkies to the instant gratification.

5 minutes ago, RotoCoreOne said:

Because nobody is unbiased it no longer matters. Got it

No, it doesn't matter. It's not a valid argument at all. You and Steve should stick to actual evidence. No need to add personal BS to it. Steve undermined his own credibility when he went off the rails about it.

3 minutes ago, Valivali said:

At this point linus should just quit and sell off the company.

I'm curious if and when the new CEO will step in. Or if he has enough already and will step down. He realistically can't fire upper management because they own the place... 😂

Just now, JoshuaScholar said:

Time for some training and time to get Linus to shut up if he's the one blowing this in public.

I'm sure even Linus knows to shut the fuck up and let the PR/lawyers do the talking on this one. If not, it's gonna get nasty

Nobody probably cares about yet another comment on this but because of just how ridiculous this discussion is I felt like I had to try and make at least a small contribution.

While the core of many of Steve's arguments has validity, I cannot shake the sense of him being overly harsh and personal. He's making himself out to be an objective, documenting hero who is taking tremendous risk when many of his arguments and most of his language is anything but adhering to the professional ethical standard he likes to set out. "Incompetent, immature"  just to name to examples which are not at all conducive to affecting the change he claims he seeks.

To then go ahead and intensify that personal language in a follow-up video whilst cherry-picking sentences from Linus' response in this thread makes me want to take opposition to Steve's stance even more. In the here response Linus talks about efforts to improve processes, how that's a challenge and how it's equally an ambitious goal. I hat to use the term hypocrisy but Steve going after Linus' conflicts of interest because of sponsorships are the same for everyone and anyone in tech youtube. Without sponsorships by tech companies the space wouldn't exist and we'd all be worse off.

Yes, the points raised are concerning and need to be adressed but what else is there to do? Awareness has been raised, the message has been received that the errors don't go unnoticed but to go after LMG the way the undertone of both videos does, isn't helping anyone. 

pubchart?oid=87306457&format=image

LTT is still losing floatplane subs, although the rate has slowed down a bit, but it's becoming ever so slightly faster again due to the Madison drama

Just now, Cheerscake said:

Nobody probably cares about yet another comment on this but because of just how ridiculous this discussion is I felt like I had to try and make at least a small contribution.

While the core of many of Steve's arguments has validity, I cannot shake the sense of him being overly harsh and personal. He's making himself out to be an objective, documenting hero who is taking tremendous risk when many of his arguments and most of his language is anything but adhering to the professional ethical standard he likes to set out. "Incompetent, immature"  just to name to examples which are not at all conducive to affecting the change he claims he seeks.

To then go ahead and intensify that personal language in a follow-up video whilst cherry-picking sentences from Linus' response in this thread makes me want to take opposition to Steve's stance even more. In the here response Linus talks about efforts to improve processes, how that's a challenge and how it's equally an ambitious goal.

Yes, the points raised are concerning and need to be adressed but what else is there to do? Awareness has been raised, the message has been received that the errors don't go unnoticed but to go after LMG the way the undertone of both videos does, isn't helping anyone. 

Steve obviously gets a big ole chub imagining himself to be some sort of crusader of truth. Same thing with the Asus thing before. He really just as self-interested as Linus or anyone else 

7 minutes ago, Mrpizzaeater145 said:

This IQ pissing contest is bullshit. Maybe 50 people on this site are smart af, the rest are hurting for a comment likes or for linus to come down. I scoured the internet because I thought it was soo bad and when I finally found out i was like ffs. Everyone is acting like they neve messed up. I bet 70% hit the shitter and text cause they junkies to the instant gratification.

I think you need to write less and read more.

5 minutes ago, mikaelus said:

No, it doesn't matter. It's not a valid argument at all. You and Steve should stick to actual evidence. No need to add personal BS to it. Steve undermined his own credibility when he went off the rails about it.

I thing you need to look up what ethics are

230 pages in 24 hours... Mods you still alive and well?

Case: Lian Li O11-dynamic mini | CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: AMD Radeon RX6800 | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B550 E-Gaming | Memory: 32Gb 3600Mhz G. SKILL Trident Z | PSU: Corsair SF750 Platinum | Cooling: Lian Li Galahad AIO 240 | Case fans: Lian Li Unifans

Just now, RichardBirch said:

What an absolutely disgusting take. If you can’t see what’s wrong with this comment, there is no hope for you. I sincerely hope you’re just a troll. Reported.

took less than 4 minutes for it to be taken down, not bad. it was a disgusting comment