Gamers Nexus alleges LMG has insufficient ethics and integrity

osgalaxy
Message added by TVwazhere,

Please remember that the Community Standards apply to all threads including this one:

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner
  • "Don't be a dick" —Wil Wheaton
  • "Be excellent to each other" —Bill and Ted
  • Remember your audience; both present and future

Just now, RandomDude843 said:

Road to 37k subs in floatplane

i just unsubbed from all lmg channels in YT, not that it mattered in the grand scheme of things but it felt right. I’ll wait for their official response tho

Yeah, I've done the same. They've lost 10% of their subs on FP since yesterday...while that's a significant measure of customer dissatisfaction, it's not going to hurt them financially (FP's not exactly a massive profit centre).

if you haven't watched wanshow linus was very clearly bothered about the quality problems the first time in awhile he came pretty close to breaking down on stream 

he is NOT AT ALL happy with LMGs recent peformance and the issues stem from LMG growing into 'a real company' 

2 minutes ago, Mrpizzaeater145 said:

Are you ok? you sound like oxygen just became available and u are the first co2 transitioning being that noticed you could speak. What is the outcome of what you are saying? Is this what ifs or a zoomer imagine? Gimme facts and not just u making shit up.

Have you not watched the first GN video about the topic? It's rather long, but has all the facts.

1 minute ago, Legitsu said:

if you haven't watched wanshow linus was very clearly bothered about the quality problems the first time in awhile he came pretty close to breaking down on stream 

he is NOT AT ALL happy with LMGs recent peformance and the issues stem from LMG growing into 'a real company' 

While true, he is also part of the reason why. exponential growth of the company, plus the quantity of content that "must" be posted each week, not allowing for breathing time.

6 minutes ago, smilingjackkk said:

Locking the Madison thread? Scummy move honestly. I wonder if they ever heard of the 'streisand effect' lol

gosh, they even make a post that they locked the topic temporarily to clean out the trolling, than they reopen it, but sure... craft your own reality...

1 minute ago, Mrpizzaeater145 said:

we have realist, losers, cheeseballs, dickbags and genius. most of u are cheese and dick. Post a tech tip.

If you add, upgrade or remove a part from the PCIe bus, turn off the power supply and hold the power button in for 5 seconds to discharge the capacitors before you do anything.

28 minutes ago, aaradorn said:

The Jeremy Kyle show and Jerry Springer bring the worst examples of humanity on stage to mock them publicly. 

So you agree with me. 

Gamers Nexus made a 44 minute and 12 minute video on how linus was incompetent, misleading, unethical, irresponsible, unhinged and weird to an audience of miliions of people. 

GN's pointed out factual errors and the mishandling of the billet situation

Jeremy Kyle and Jerry Springer do the same with their guests, point out wrong doing and mishandling of situations. 

Please don't compare the two, it makes you look extremely silly.

You can't argue in a constructive manner and resort to mockery. 

13 minutes ago, joaopt said:

2 messages and that's the crap you post. Seriously dude. Did someone paid you to write such nonsense

great points, ill thinkk about that alot. dumb

Would appear we got the "attract negative attention on Twitter, get DDoS'd" bot action.  They do this for death threats as well. It's always weird to watch it happen in real time.

13 minutes ago, TheFlyingSquirrel said:

Your comment is based on flawed logic, because in both cases the pizza guy and the LMG business team have a long track record of performance.

Even if I were to take your assertion as true instead of being rather blind to the reality of their track records, it's still the case that past results are never a guarantee of future performance in any human endeavor.

Oversight is a thing. It's essential. You don't assume that because someone has historically been a good performer that you can blindly trust they will always do so going forward. A manager who isn't diligent about ensuring his initial assumptions were accurate is a lazy manager and the ultimate source of any problems that arise from such a lack of oversight. People under you can make mistakes and that's okay, but if you're not paying attention to catch the mistakes, your org is fundamentally flawed by your laziness.

And yes, before you ask or insinuate otherwise, I have managed people. I've managed people doing mission-critical work, and it was always a heavy weight on my mind that if they didn't perform, my own manager would be catching hell for not making sure *I* was diligent with overseeing their work. Management is NOT a fire-and-forget occupation.

5 hours ago, Taylor Ford said:

If that's the case, you should let Steve and his team know and offer them advice/leave them comments etc. 

Folks have let them know, and they forge on ahead anyway. They only accept critique if it fits their point of view.

Just now, David_Campbell said:

no she would not, she would have got shit yes ofc its the internet but the governement is not the internet, if a crime was commited, i go to the police, not twitter

Most deaf and stupid take today so far. 🏆

Just now, Texbobcat said:

(The last time someone recieved shit from the ltt community and lnus didn't try to stop it they killed themselves)

lie

If LMG wants to make Labs an actual thing, i.e. a trusted source for test data, Linus needs to realise the reputation cost of retesting is a whole lot more than $500 of an employee's time. So LMG needs to get out of the tech entertainment mind set, and start to get into a real data driven mindset, where data matters, not just the monetary value of extracting the data. If they can't get that into their heads, then Labs is going to be a failed venture before it even gets started

Just now, dustypaws said:

Most deaf and stupid take today so far. 🏆

good point, ill have a hard think about that. ive lived it, have you?

16 minutes ago, mikaelus said:

Well, if that person is an egomaniacal Youtuber who thinks he can trample others without consequences... then it kinda is.

Good luck, that attitude is going to serve you really well.

Generally, not cool to enjoy someone else's misery.

1 hour ago, Aiken Drum said:

Steve put up a video some time in the last year, iirc, where he specifically told both viewers and LTT that, because LMG had become an actual, sizable member of the industry, rather than just a critic thereof, he would no longer be treating LMG any differently from how he treated other large companies like Corsair, Asus, Newegg, etc. He specifically said that LMG would not be receiving any special treatment just because they knew each other or had previously been on friendly terms.

Linus had no reason to feel blindsided by Steve's recent response. He'd been put on notice, very publicly, of the change in their relationship status.

Well referenced. I think it’s totally right that LMG should be treated like a corporate, too

While we’re quoting what people have previously said, I think it’s important to highlight two things that Linus himself said on WAN on last week (August 11, 2023).

“At our scale, we can’t really afford to make mistakes anymore.”

(47:00)

So don’t be surprised when they get pointed out. The community expects better. The community deserves better. Even the team at LMG deserves better.

In that staff interview people literally said they weren’t proud of their work. That’s not fair. That’s not fulfilling. Where’s the motivation in that?

“you know that the community is not gonna let us off the hook if we try and do anything other than what is right. And so they shouldn’t.”

(47:40)

You’re damn right.

Once the BL situation is resolved, per their demands for compensation, LMG should absolutely address all of this either on WAN or in a separate video, or at least somewhere like the forum or subreddit.

Own it all. Apologise. Stand up to the plate and fess up in the same way the community has grown to expect over the years. Lay out what you’re going to do and move on. Do better. Like before 🙂

I still have a lot of admiration for the work that LMG does and what it contributes to the tech space.

I know I am not alone when I say I hope they are able to learn from this and move forward in the best way that suits everybody. You just know all of this will have been creating waves within the business, affecting people’s morale and mental health.

I sincerely hope everybody on the team at LMG are able to move forward in a positive way and that all of this blows over nicely.

2 minutes ago, Texbobcat said:

a reddit post, im conviced now!!! really also lets blame linus for everyones problems now, sort your own lives out and stop blamming others cause your angry or sad

Just now, David_Campbell said:

a reddit post, im conviced now!!! really also lets blame linus for everyones problems now, sort your own lives out and stop blamming others cause your angry or sad

If you googled for even a minute you would find articles about the guy and if you looked in his comment section you would see the ltt shills bashing and destroying his videos.

5 minutes ago, ScoggsUK said:

Good luck, that attitude is going to serve you really well.

Generally, not cool to enjoy someone else's misery.

And why wouldn't it? There are 8 billion people on this planet and many of them are not worth sympathy. Why would I care? 

3 minutes ago, H0NEYL00PS said:

Own it all. Apologize. Stand up to the plate and fess up in the same way the community has grown to expect over the years. Lay out what you’re going to do and move on. And invite constructive criticism. Do better. Like before 🙂

His name is on the company so he is going to take any criticism of it personally.