Austin Evans Names the HTC One the Best Smartphone

Dylan522p

He goes through various points such as build quality, audio, screen, camera, battery life, etc, and comes to the conclusion that the M8 is the best smartphone. While it lacks in the camera compared to the 5s and s5, it is still a pretty good camera and it just nails every other area as the best.

HEY GUYS, THIS IS AUSTIN...

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Oppo Find 7 FTW. 

As far as specs go it is as much as you could possibly ask for in a phone in todays market. QHD screen, 50mp photos (with software trickery) among many other things.

The second that phone comes out, he has to change his mind. 

//ccap

I hate him.

Seriously? You hate one of the coolest guys making tech videos on the internet? No follow up or explanation either...

I saw it in my subbox and was about to watch it... Thanks for the spoiler bruh!

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

No surprises with this one. It is hands down the cream of the crop. I really wish they could grab 8 ultra pixels, the images are a bit of a disappointment and it's difficult to market a 4MP camera. 

Yet at those prices, the Moto X seems like a good enough compromise....until the Oneplus One comes out of course.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Seriously? You hate one of the coolest guys making tech videos on the internet? No follow up or explanation either...

Probably, because his videos are bland and uninformative. They are always late and gloss over anything of real substance. It feels like Linus has REAL knowledge regarding current tech, whereas he is just regurgitating a superbly dumbed--down version for the masses, that doesn't help anyone learn anything. It's the real difference between Lunistechtips and literally thousands of other tech channels that simply read a formulated headline and call it "informative."

Probably, because his videos are bland and uninformative. They are always late and gloss over anything of real substance. It feels like Linus has REAL knowledge regarding current tech, whereas he is just regurgitating a superbly dumbed--down version for the masses, that doesn't help anyone learn anything. It's the real difference between Lunistechtips and literally thousands of other tech channels that simply read a formulated headline and call it "informative."

He comes across like that because he insists on his vocal antics (heeey guuuuys!) and old fashion newscaster voice (you always emphasiiiiizeee every so often like thiiiiiis) but his information is solid.

And in that regard I would agree with your analysis of Linus videos for the past ones and the WAN show, however, if you look at the latest videos (yes I'm bringing up the damn speaker videos!) as well as the fact that he created a more "for the masses" channel with tech quickie, he isn't that far off in his attempts to capture wider audiences. Us tech guys have like 10 or more tech channels subscribed so inevitably some will be late (i.e. I'm guilty of this bitching myself with the 295x in the case of Linus) but for guys to try to make a decent living or even just a self sustainable channel (as in enough money to keep making videos and buying review parts and samples if there isn't enough reviewer samples) they will inevitably either start looking for a wider audience by pushing their "tech" angle into more/other popular subjects (cell phones, console gaming, 3D printing and blogging, more introductory type Q&A and builts, etc) as well as a lot of clowning around and quirks to differentiate from each other.

So tl;dr version: Yes Austin has mannerisms and isn't as "in depth" as most with lots more fluff but most tech youtubers (hell most youtubers) are guilty of compromising like this to get more views and money rolling in (and yes this even includes Linus)

-------

Current Rig

-------

In the end i think its down to the user and what features they need to use themselves more then anything else.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Whoever likes this douche must be very fresh into the computer hardware world and probably have very little knowledge about it. He has absolutely ZERO knowledge whatsover about computers and just rambles on and on like he is describing them but doesn't tell you anything NEW about them. It's like companies send him stuff so he can advertise them rather than review them.

Meh except I don't like android

Sticking to my iPhone 5s (and probably the next iPhone)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

What if I told you there is no single best smartphone? If I were buying a phone today I would definitely choose the One M8.

He's trying to come to objective conclusion using pretty much nothing but subjective comparisons. This is why I can't stand Youtube phone reviewers most of the time. That and he's just regurgitating marketing terms and buzzwords. When he said "chamfered edges" I wanted to vomit. 

Trying to say there is a best phone is like trying to say there is a best laptop, or best pair of headphones. The options are all varied with their own pros and cons.

Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2666 Asus X99-Deluxe | EVGA GTX 980 SC | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB - Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | Seasonic Platinum Series 760 | NZXT H440 White | Shimian 27" 2560x1440 | Ducky 9087 TKL | Logitech G9x | Audio-Technica ATH-M50 | Schiit Audio Modi DAC & Magni Amp

www.ethangriswold.com

Kinda turned into a Hate Austin thread,not sure why he produces decent vidoes i find useful and entertainging

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

Whoever likes this douche must be very fresh into the computer hardware world and probably have very little knowledge about it. He has absolutely ZERO knowledge whatsover about computers and just rambles on and on like he is describing them but doesn't tell you anything NEW about them. It's like companies send him stuff so he can advertise them rather than review them.

It becomes very difficult very fast to find anything new to say.

I've never once watched one of his videos, but this is true for anyone.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Whomever resorts to pointless name calling has absolutely zero respect from me: The same points can be made (hint: they were already made before your stupid +1) without such attitude.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Cool story. Now what does that have to do with anything? 

What was the point in saying that?

You're right, people expressing their opinions on the internet is bad!

Here is a list of common fallacies. Which ones have you used today?

You're right, people expressing their opinions on the internet is bad!

I didn't say it was bad. I'm saying it's taking up space in this thread