Jays 2 cents unsubscribed

Wtf is his last video. Undervolting with xtu with a single pass of r23 for stability.
let that sink in a single pass.

R23 isn’t a cpu stres test, it’s a heat simulator 

if anyone follows that video they will be blue screening left right and centre 

telling people to monitor voltage off of vid and not vcore wtf

rant over pls don’t follow his guide 

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

Just now, WereCat said:

R23 is not even a heat test.

Depends on the CPU, for the 7800X3D it's the hottest workload you can find because of how the boost algorithm is tuned. For 13th gen it is pretty hot, though definitely not the hottest you can get. 

R23 is definitely not a stability test judging by how even if i can complete r15 still gonna bsod on an unstable oc

Though kinda need reccomendations for cpu steess tests other than p95 cause that just heats the cpu up like no tomorrow even on smallest ffts

6 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Depends on the CPU, for the 7800X3D it's the hottest workload you can find because of how the boost algorithm is tuned. For 13th gen it is pretty hot, though definitely not the hottest you can get. 

I don't have experience with 7800X3D but Linpack Extreme makes my 5800X3D run significantly hotter at higher fan RPM vs R23. 

Edit:

Or is it because I lack AVX512? 

3 minutes ago, WereCat said:

I don't have experience with 7800X3D but Linpack Extreme makes my 5800X3D run significantly hotter at higher fan RPM vs R23. 

Yeah, the 5800X3D is much different than the 7800X3D for optimization. For whatever reason with my experience with that chip, Linpack will max out at 65C on an AK620, while R23 will be up at 85C for stock settings and stock fan curves. 

3 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Or is it because I lack AVX512? 

R23 doesn't use AVX 512, so that shouldn't matter. 

I only watch his build videos. Way too bias with everything, especially after he tried to give fps gaming advice being so bad at them.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

jay has no ideas about computers, he's a car guy after all.

im also convinced people don't watch these videos for accuracy,  but for entertainment (could be wrong about *that* part though lmao)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

37 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

I only watch his build videos. Way too bias with everything, especially after he tried to give fps gaming advice being so bad at them.

hes good with mechanical stuff, don't get me wrong but his knowledge is severely lacking and info is often outright false / based on unproven internet myths.

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

2 hours ago, WereCat said:

R23 is not even a heat test.

well my 5800x3D says otherwise  😓 

ps: i also ran occt and p95, no big diff *after* pbo2 -30, but i wouldn't want to run these things without undervolt...

which im also btw not using because there's zero issues under normal usage (ie gaming,  editing,  etc) chip is pretty tame after all.  

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

28 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

well my 5800x3D says otherwise  😓 

ps: i also ran occt and p95, no big diff *after* pbo2 -30, but i wouldn't want to run these things without undervolt...

which im also btw not using because there's zero issues under normal usage (ie gaming,  editing,  etc) chip is pretty tame after all.  

Linpack Extreme 8GB will get me to 92°C while CPU all-core is barely able to reach 4.325GHz with -30 CO. 

R23 all cores are pinned at 4.45GHz for entire run while only briefly spiking to 80°C and most of the time staying at around 75°C.

https://hwbot.org/submission/5169029_werecat_cinebench___r23_multi_core_with_benchmate_ryzen_7_5800x3d_15455_cb/

Jeebus.

On a 10GB load I see about 4250-4350MHz @ 80c on my X3D.

R23 only gets my X3D to 65c lol.

AMD R9 5900X | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, T30,TL-C12 Pro
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1496 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

3 hours ago, Ebony Falcon said:

Undervolting with xtu with a single pass of r23 for stability.

That is peak J2C moment. His presentation on a goddamn scripted video is so poor.

And yeah, fell off the bandwagon too. Mainly following for case mods only (still looking for someone who does consistent guides on computer part modding thats not just another showcase channel ala geforce garage) so i dont have the obligation nor need to subscribe. I only sub to those i consistently want or have to follow.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

hes getting old and i dont think he makes a scrip just says what he thinks on the spot. there things people have been saying to try and he refused to until one day and it surprised him... like the ram. mixing ram gave him a better score... the video is un titled so people cant find it... problem with youtubers...

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

2 hours ago, SorryBella said:

That is peak J2C moment. His presentation on a goddamn scripted video is so poor.

And yeah, fell off the bandwagon too. Mainly following for case mods only (still looking for someone who does consistent guides on computer part modding thats not just another showcase channel ala geforce garage) so i dont have the obligation nor need to subscribe. I only sub to those i consistently want or have to follow.

he made a video using beer or some shit as coolant... which is a funny idea, why not, but the video was actually so bad it made everything so cringe (i think thats where i secretly stopped watching him too lol) BEER! 😝

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

People had asked for a look at XTU so he did one.
At no point was my take-away from that video to run only one stress test.

I unsubbed when he was acting like a child with Asus. I did not find his videos particularly educational, but it was ok entertainment.

Those are the risks when you want to be out in public.

AMD R9 5900X | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, T30,TL-C12 Pro
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1496 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

3 hours ago, Fluph said:

People had asked for a look at XTU so he did one.
At no point was my take-away from that video to run only one stress test.

I mean he went from crashing in 1 run to adding 5mv passing one run to playing games and saying how great it was so that just speaks for its self 

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

Between everything listed above and the scripted cut scenes and laughter from Phil, I find it pretty hard to watch videos that come from J2C anymore. Der8auer I watch more of than Jay's as I find his videos to be very interesting and presented scientifically (at times). 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34"