Xbox One Kinect-less SKU Announced! ($399) [Update: No sub needed for apps]

Rafy

This just came out!

Today, we’re excited to share more ways your feedback is impacting the products we build.

First, beginning on June 9th, in all markets where Xbox One is sold, we will offer Xbox One starting at $399*. This is a new console option that does not include Kinect. For $399, our new Xbox One offering will continue to deliver access to the best blockbuster games like “Titanfall,” “Call of Duty: Ghosts,” “Forza Motorsport 5,” “Dead Rising 3,” and the upcoming “Watch Dogs,” “Destiny” and "Sunset Overdrive." You will also be able to access popular entertainment apps, such as Twitch, YouTube, and Netflix, as well as watch live TV and use OneGuide. Finally, you will continue to be able to use many of the unique features of Xbox One including the ability to get game invites while you watch TV, switch between games and entertainment apps, enjoy Twitch broadcasts, and upload your favorite gaming moments.

No Xbox Live Gold sub needed for apps anymore:

Next, we’re bringing more value to Xbox Live Gold members and offering all Xbox 360 and Xbox One owners access to entertainment apps whether or not you have an Xbox Live Gold membership. In early June, here is what you can expect from the new generation of Xbox Live:

• Free games with Games with Gold**. Since Games with Gold launched on Xbox 360 a year ago, over 12 million people have enjoyed great free games, resulting in nearly 200 million hours of free fun playing Games with Gold titles. We’ve been learning from your feedback and have focused on making improvements each month to the selection of titles. To celebrate the one-year anniversary of Games with Gold for Xbox 360 and as a thank you for helping shape this program, members will receive an additional free Xbox 360 game in June. The Games with Gold titles for Xbox 360 in June are “Dark Souls,” “Charlie Murder” and a bonus game of “Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition.” We’re pleased to bring Games with Gold to Xbox Live Gold members on Xbox One in June. Members will have subscription-based access to free games ranging from top hits to breaking indie stars. The program will launch on Xbox One with “Max: The Curse of Brotherhood” and “Halo: Spartan Assault.” A single Gold membership will get you access to the free games for both Xbox One and Xbox 360.
  • Exclusive Discounts. Deals with Gold will also launch for Xbox One in June, delivering discounts for great games each month, with significant savings for Xbox Live Gold members. The first titles offered in June will include “Forza Motorsport 5,” “Ryse: Son of Rome,” and a few other surprises. In the coming months, we will offer significant savings of up to 50 – 75 percent off certain titles. This program will continue to be available for Xbox Live Gold members on Xbox 360. And new on Xbox One, we will launch a virtual VIP room exclusive to Xbox Live Gold members where we will feature free games, monthly deals, and other great benefits.
  • Popular entertainment apps will be available for all Xbox 360 and Xbox One owners. Xbox 360 has been a leader in delivering entertainment experiences for years, with over 170 global entertainment apps and experiences available today. We’re constantly adding new partners and experiences to the growing catalog on Xbox One. Coming in June, anyone with an Xbox will be able to access popular entertainment experiences – whether or not you have an Xbox Live Gold membership. This includes great gaming apps like Machinima, Twitch and Upload, popular video services like Netflix, Univision Deportes, GoPro, Red Bull TV and HBO GO, sports experiences like the NFL app for Xbox One, MLB.TV, NBA Game Time, NHL Game Center and more.*** Microsoft experiences including Internet Explorer, Skype, OneDrive and OneGuide will also be available to all Xbox customers.**** You can find a full list of apps and features that will be available below.

Source: http://news.xbox.com/2014/05/xbox-delivering-more-choices

Thank GabeN

k

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

MS is playing catch-up now IMO. I am now curious to see Sony's next move.

"We’ve also heard from people they just like to play games with a controller in their hands"

Wait, you mean all those people who supported you with Xbox and Xbox 360, like before the Kinect came out? You now know they exist?

Good job for listening to the fans outcry, but I mean this was said from about 1 minute after the announcement.

I get why they didn't do it (if everyone has Kinect, devs have more reason to use it), but its far too late now.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

this definitely smacks of desperation 

They should have done this in the first place, perhaps they could have maintained competitive with the PS4

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Who says i dont want to play games with controller in my hand?!!! seriously? WTF!!! the only thing i use kinect for is qr codes and i actually love that.

It makes me wonder, if they did all these things now what are they showing at E3? Knowing MS, they are going back to the old franchises that worked and present nothing new.

Lol...

What happened to them never selling the XB1 without Kinect?

Never trust anything a company says. They backpedal on their word far too often. I'll wait for games that I care about and one will be in my room for sure.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

this definitely smacks of desperation 

They should have done this in the first place, perhaps they could have maintained competitive with the PS4

They let success of the 360 blind them

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

They let success of the 360 blind them

I agree, they were just like "OMG we have so many fans, you guys will buy anything we make right"

and everyone just went..."erm, no? thanks for the under poweredmedia centre and annoyingly massive camera, and £100 more than the PS4"

They soon realised that while the 360 sold very well, people would not blindly follow them whatever their decisions would be.

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

This pretty much seals the deal for me and I'm definitely selling my X1.  I was reconsidering selling it but I am now.  The kinect was a major reason why I bought the X1.

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

How about an Xbox one HD-less sku... oh wait that one already exists!

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

I agree, they were just like "OMG we have so many fans, you guys will buy anything we make right"

and everyone just went..."erm, no? thanks for the under poweredmedia centre and annoyingly massive camera, and £100 more than the PS4"

They soon realised that while the 360 sold very well, people would not blindly follow them whatever their decisions would be.

I was so happy to see that. This is one of those few times that gamers being vocal (or whiny whatever you want to call it) proved to be in the best interest of everyone and the console part of the gaming industry.

This pretty much seals the deal for me and I'm definitely selling my X1.  I was reconsidering selling it but I am now.  The kinect was a major reason why I bought the X1.

Wise decision. Developers didn't use Kinect v1 and they've shown very little interest in v2. 

Well Ill never buy an xbox one, since microsoft in they awesomeness have seen fit that it only get release here is September of this year, probably at a much higher price that the ps4 because of reason. Anyone that spells the doom for them, ps4 in my country will be far more popular people just wont bother.

They should just sell the entire xbox division right now and just avoid it completely.

I have never seen such a massive fiasco in terms of PR and such a slow response to the consumers...

Better driver support and more games for linux please! i want to get away from microsoft products...

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

that, now may make it an acceptable machine for halo, if only halo would work on PC...

to be honest, i didn't get any games for my 360 other than halo

it would just look so much better on PC

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

Too little, too late (this should be Microsoft's new slogan).

It's great that they finally released an Xbox without the Kinect... You know... Like they should have done from the beginning.

It kind of bothers me that a big part of the video is them kissing the Kinect's ass, talking about how much better the Xbone is with it.

You don't launch a new product and then talk about how much better their more expensive offering is...

Wait, you like the Kinect? Why would you sell your Xbone with a Kinect just because they are launching an Xbone without it?

Your Kinect won't stop working just because you don't have to use it anymore.

that, now may make it an acceptable machine for halo, if only halo would work on PC...

to be honest, i didn't get any games for my 360 other than halo

it would just look so much better on PC

They found Halo 1-3 in the steam registry a while ago, but I don't think they'll bring the new one over to PC, not at launch at least