I’m actually getting MAD now. – RTX 4060 Review

James

As Nvidia fills out its 40 series product stack, we’ve noticed one clear trend. DLSS and Frame-Gen are IN, and decent value, is out. This was apparent on the RTX 4060 Ti, and the RTX 4070. But does the song remain the same on the $299 RTX 4060? And will it be able to compete with AMD’s budget offerings of the RX 7600 and RX 6700XT? Will Intel Arc GPUs show up finally? Got to watch our latest LTT Labs-backed GPU review.

...is there something wrong with a 300$ pricetag for a GPU?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Man i had enough of this shit generation

who-let-him-cook-v0-gvug0u0bnkea1.jpg.55bf95e687986b24c9bba865050a5fdd.jpg

The fact that you can get these cards:

1. 6600 or 6650XT for 70$ less for only 5% deficit
  2. 3060 12GB for 30$ less for the same performance and 4GB more VRAM (which IS utilized against all fucking odds looking at how it beats 3060Ti)
  3. 2 used 5700XT for the same price for the same performance for TWO COMPUTERS (or one with 5 indie titles or 2 AAA games under your steam library)
  4. RX 6700 XT for 10$ more for the same leap as going to 4060Ti for 100$ more
  5. Used 3070 for far bigger jump in tesselation compared to the older cards in the benchmarks
  6. RX 7600 for 40$ less for marginal deficit and also AV1 hardware support

and the fact that ALL of these cards (for the exception of the 3070) can run on 550-650W bracket that nvidia is targeting? Fuck you Nvidia, this is abysmal excuse of a launch.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

14 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

This 300$ pricetag is yes.

A 660 was 229 launch in 2012. Adjusted its 303. So fair enough right?

That is if this 4060 was still actually a 4060.

Nvidia diluted their product stack with the introduction of the 90 series and the rtx series.

Historically die sizes for the last what 18 years indicated where a card would be in the series but starting eith the 2000 series we didnt get a full fat top series die that was limited to a quadro and pushed down the performance stack 1 tier.

The 3000 series shoved a 50 series die in the 60 card and it showed as suddenly the performance improvmenr was little over last gen who wasnt a performance improvement already in a true sense.

Basically what I mean here is this is a 4050 if you followed what nvidia did for 15 years. Priced as a 4060. Which should have been what the 4070 was and so on.

18 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Yes. The context is that it's too much for what the card is capable of vs what else is available on the market for that price. 

God, this card is such dogshit.

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D GPU- RTX 4070 SUPER FE MOBO-ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi RAM-32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000cl30 STORAGE-2x1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 PCIE4 NVME PSU-Corsair RM1000x Shift COOLING-EK-AIO 360mm with 3x Lian Li P28 + 4 Lian Li TL120 (Intake) CASE-Phanteks NV5 MONITORS-ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 1440p 170hz+Gigabyte G24F 1080p 180hz PERIPHERALS-Lamzu Maya+ 4k Dongle+LGG Saturn Pro Mousepad+Nk65 Watermelon (Tangerine Switches)+Autonomous ErgoChair+ AUDIO-RODE NTH-100+Schiit Magni Heresy+Motu M2 Interface

But it's 14 times more powerful! /S

*When using DLSS3 and you don't run out of VRAM

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Okay, so after watching this one, I thought to look for the AMD challenge part 2... Wait, is there an AMD challenge part 2? Did Linus/Jake/Luke follow up? I'm definitely on board with the 4000 series boycott, and I need a new GPU.

59 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Yes. The context is that it's too much for what the card is capable of vs what else is available on the market for that price. 

I assume you are talking about AMD's offering, as Intel doesn't have anything to compare (or do they?)

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 hour ago, Radium_Angel said:

I assume you are talking about AMD's offering, as Intel doesn't have anything to compare (or do they?)

Probably depends. For those of us on older systems (Resizeable BAR), or playing primarily older games, Intel is, unfortunately, probably not even a consideration. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

7 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Actually the Arc A750 performs on par with the RTX 4060 in some games while being a LOT cheaper. And the AMD RX 6700 XT beats it by a large margin and is even capable beating RTX 4060ti while being only $10-$20 more expensive than RTX 4060.

If this was a $229 card, this would have been a no-brainer.

For $300, it should have been 25% faster than what it is and have at least 12 GB of VRAM.

I'd imagine that the prices will adjust themselves, and/or we'll eventually end up with a "Super" variant of this card that has the performance that it should have launched with.

At this point Nvidia is just pathetic,

Amd is almost as bad,

Intel's Arc drivers are somewhat getting there

And all that is being kind

what a fun time for enthusiasts 🥳

I genuinely believe we could do better ourselves

1 hour ago, Eigenvektor said:

But it's 14 times more powerful! /S

*When using DLSS3 and you don't run out of VRAM

on runescape launch edition

Dont forget to mark as solution if your question is answered

Note: My advice is amateur help/beginner troubleshooting, someone else can probably troubleshoot way better than me.

- I do have some experience, and I can use google pretty well. - Feel free to quote me I may respond soon.

Join team Red, my apprentice

STOP SIDING WITH NVIDIA

Setup:
Ryzen 7 5800X3DSapphire Nitro+ 7900XTX 24GB / ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming / Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler / EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 / Lian Li Dynamic Evo White Case / 2x16 GB Kingston FURY RAM / 2x 1TB Lexar 710 / iiYama 1440p 165HZ Montitor, iiYama 1080p 75Hz Monitor / Shure MV7 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo / GK61 Keyboard / Cooler Master MM712 (daily driver) Logitech G502-X (MMO mouse) / Soundcore Life Q20 w/ Arctis 3 w/ WF-1000XM3

CPU OC: -30 all cores @AutoGhz

GPU OC: 3Ghz Core 2750Mhz Memory w/ 25%W increase (460W)

3 hours ago, James said:

As Nvidia fills out its 40 series product stack, we’ve noticed one clear trend. DLSS and Frame-Gen are IN, and decent value, is out. This was apparent on the RTX 4060 Ti, and the RTX 4070. But does the song remain the same on the $299 RTX 4060? And will it be able to compete with AMD’s budget offerings of the RX 7600 and RX 6700XT? Will Intel Arc GPUs show up finally? Got to watch our latest LTT Labs-backed GPU review.

RTX 4060ti PCIe interface is wrong on this chart, which is shown later properly in the video. Only a PCIe 4.0 8x interface on the card.

image.thumb.png.11691544c63a044ea42f822ccc537a8a.png

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

1 hour ago, Blqckqut said:

on runescape launch edition

And compared to the GTX 660 😜

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

The video was super engaging. Utilizing different hosts and passing the baton symbolically displayed how the review process is truly a team effort. This isn't one person's conclusion about the product, but a team's consensus. 

Outstanding review.

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

I think I'm approaching Apathy.. and I'm stuck on Team Green for my "work." I really can't continue Ray Tracing with iRay using a 1060 and a 5800X.. 

So planning to go second hand 3080..

I just use integrated graphics anymore. No need to use a graphics card unless absolutely necessay these days. Rent is double. Utilities have gone up. Cars are double. Food is more expensive. Wages are the same. And Portal 2 works fine with integrated graphics on a Pentium processor.

1 hour ago, Issac Zachary said:

I just use integrated graphics anymore. No need to use a graphics card unless absolutely necessay these days. Rent is double. Utilities have gone up. Cars are double. Food is more expensive. Wages are the same. And Portal 2 works fine with integrated graphics on a Pentium processor.

Nothing wrong with buying used. My RTX 3060 12GB looks like a better deal at $250 used, than the 4060. If you’re really hard up for cash, you can probably snag an RX 580 for a Benjamin and some change. I’ve seen sales on the RX 6600 XT routinely approach the $200 mark as well. 

Though certainly, there’s plenty of gaming to be had on modern integrated graphics as well. Persona 5 runs pretty nicely at 1080P on Intel Iris XE. If you’re into jRPGs, that’s easily going to be a triple-digit hour game. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

39 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Nothing wrong with buying used. My RTX 3060 12GB looks like a better deal at $250 used, than the 4060. If you’re really hard up for cash, you can probably snag an RX 580 for a Benjamin and some change. I’ve seen sales on the RX 6600 XT routinely approach the $200 mark as well. 

Though certainly, there’s plenty of gaming to be had on modern integrated graphics as well. Persona 5 runs pretty nicely at 1080P on Intel Iris XE. If you’re into jRPGs, that’s easily going to be a triple-digit hour game. 

Everyone's circumstances are different. Things have been so tight I haven't even bought any games in the past year or so, and none that are graphics intensive. I think Portal 2 is the most graphics intensive game I own right now, and I bought that at the beginning of the pandemic. So far, what I have runs fine on a Pentium Gold 4415Y processor with integrated graphics. My monitor is also 1080p/60Hz, so to benefit from a graphics card I'd probably have to get something with either a higher resolution, or a higher frame rate, or both.

Wow, I loved this review. They've been listening to feedback and it shows, the reviews are getting better every with every one of them. You guys have gotten so good.

I do have some feedback: Only thing I would change about the format is adding a more direct visual comparison between different resolutions / features. Maybe comparing the different resolutions/ testing options in a single graph but I have no idea how to do so in 2D. 

This card just makes the 6700XT at its 320 USD price point a no-brainer. 
image.thumb.png.671d903e8c030b6bd6acd813a21e06be.png