I'm Stepping Down..

James
32 minutes ago, Uttamattamakin said:

So basically Linus is the Rupert Murdoch of LMG now.

That entails Linus having control of money as well. News Corp is a huge company that still beckons monetarily to that upside down slime.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

Sounds everything SHOULD be fine going forward, just less hassle for linus while still basically maintaining control of things.

just a plot to make the roast get more views. 

For what it's worth this actually makes a lot of sense though, all things considered. 

3900x | 32GB RAM | RTX 2080

1.5TB Optane P4800X | 2TB Micron 1100 SSD | 16TB NAS w/ 10Gbe
QN90A | Polk R200, ELAC OW4.2, PB12-NSD, SB1000, HD800

19 minutes ago, yolosnail said:

So how does this management structure work?

Linus and Yvonne are directors of the company, but also lower down the structure than the new CEO?

So can the new CEO fire Linus?

Can the new CEO make financial decisions about the company without the say-so of Linus and Yvonne despite it being 'their' money he's spending?

Based on the "Chief Vision Officer" title, I suspect that Linus' job will probably consist of steering the overall tone and direction of the company, whereas Terren will be responsible for the business of running the company.

Linus has talked in the past about how one of his biggest strengths is his tendency to get bored with things and steer the content they create toward something new and interesting. I get the feeling that this move is, in part, an excuse for him to focus more of his energy and efforts on those kinds of activities. 

All that is to say that my guess is that their relationship is intended to be more collaborative, rather than a direct reporting structure. 

terren tech tips and all the short circuit videos are just corsair products

you dont need an aio for anything but i9 cpus or heavy oc jobs just get an nh-d15 or peerless assassin

MARK THE SOLUTION AS SOLUTION

i am 14 so i may be wrong sometimes

@Bob__ is a w

just don't let Terren cancel the badminton project 

If my brief impression of Terren from the Roast is accurate, I’d say he’s an excellent fit. Definitely a brilliant mind. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

More authority and less responsibility - living the dream man!! 

I think this is a great move for lmg. It's great that Linus is able to focus more on what he loves without the weight of a big company on his back. We're gonna get a lot more great content soon.

52 minutes ago, Levent said:

FYI Linus, you should have taken the $100M offer.

He said 9 figures, so $100M minimum (likely much much more than that)

54 minutes ago, Levent said:

Yeah nah this ain’t going to last. I have seen this behavior from others couple of times, you either retire or you still run your company

Just my opinion but I think if he'd taken that offer we'd say goodbye to the factual reporting LTT has given us over the years forever...

Trigkey S5 Mini PC with Ryzen 7 5800H, 32GB RAM @ 3200Mhz, and Crucial P3 NVME SSD. Peripherals: Monitor - LG 24MP56 Keyboard - Razer Ornata V3 Mouse - SteelSeries Aerox 3(2022)

36 minutes ago, yolosnail said:

Linus and Yvonne are directors of the company, but also lower down the structure than the new CEO?

Can the new CEO make financial decisions about the company without the say-so of Linus and Yvonne despite it being 'their' money he's spending?

Linus and Yvonne own the company, Terren is the CEO.

Yvonne will probably stay in her current role, and Terren will boss Linus around.

Terren won't be able to fire the owners of the company (Linus and Yvonne),

Though, Linus and Yvonne can fire him.

I know it's confusing,

I am thinking to myself: "Is that gonna work out?!"

I personally would get confused about the new role and often forget that i am not in the old position anymore.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

4 minutes ago, WeiSheiLindon said:

Just my opinion but I think if he'd taken that offer we'd say goodbye to the factual reporting LTT has given us over the years forever...

Well luckily there are companies/YouTubers out there who do a better job than LTT when it comes to “factual reporting”

LTTs videos have been riddled with issues for so long that I wouldn’t even recommend them for that purpose. Sure there fun videos here and there but I wouldn’t rely on their numbers at all.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

48 minutes ago, yolosnail said:

Creative directors are generally along side the CEO.

Its also terren Linus former NCIX boss so I bet they can work very well together

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

So basically, somebody else is going to handle the nuts and bolts of keeping the place running, and Linus will be like a one-man board of directors steering the ship? That makes total sense!

I'm sure we'll get a deeper dive into this on this week's WAN Show.

10 minutes ago, Levent said:

Well luckily there are companies/YouTubers out there who do a better job than LTT when it comes to “factual reporting”

LTTs videos have been riddled with issues for so long that I wouldn’t even recommend them for that purpose. Sure there fun videos here and there but I wouldn’t rely on their numbers at all.

Hopefully that attention to detail is something they'll have the bandwidth to improve going forward.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

51 minutes ago, yolosnail said:

Linus and Yvonne continue to own the company, or at least a massive majority of it, I'm not clear on the exacts.

So this CEO has no means to remove the owner.  This is authority being delegated to the new CEO.  But quite literally Linus could get bored, fire the CEO, then everyone else, have the buildings gutted, sign a franchise contract with RBI, and turn LMG's buildings into Canada's largest Tim Hortons store, if he so wished.  No one can stop him from such an action or any other action, if he so chose.

This isn't like Steve Jobs and Apple, where the company went public and Jobs didn't own a controlling amount of shares, so the board fired him from his own company when they decided that he wasn't performing to expectations.  Linus can absolutely run LMG into the ground and no one can stop him if it's what he wants to do.

To be clear, I'm not commenting on what Linus WILL do.  I'm just saying that he will continue to have the power to do just about anything he wishes with the company if that's what he wishes.

Desktop: Ryzen 9 3950X, Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio, Creative Sound Blaster AE-7

Gaming PC #2: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Asus TUF Gaming B550M-Plus, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1080

Gaming PC #3: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-G, 16B DDR3, XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB

WFH PC: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-F, 16GB DDR3, Gigabyte Radeon RX 6400 4GB

UnRAID #1: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asus TUF Gaming B450M-Plus, 64GB DDR4, Radeon HD 5450

UnRAID #2: Intel E5-2603v2, Asus P9X79 LE, 24GB DDR3, Radeon HD 5450

MiniPC: BeeLink SER6 6600H w/ Ryzen 5 6600H, 16GB DDR5 
Windows XP Retro PC: Intel i3 3250, Asus P8B75-M LX, 8GB DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 6850, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy

Windows 9X Retro PC: Intel E5800, ASRock 775i65G r2.0, 1GB DDR1, AGP Sapphire Radeon X800 Pro, Creative Sound Blaster Live!

Steam Deck w/ 2TB SSD Upgrade

Look forward to getting to know Terren. Hope he likes to have some fun and not make the joke stuff on the channel go away.

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

1 hour ago, BenB03 said:

I see it as he and Yvonne are owners will still point the company in the direction they want when it comes to missions, and expansion whether it be on Youtube or physical, while the new CEO does the dirty work. The CEO and then the board of directors which is just Linus and Yvonne.

There are a few other C suite positions there's Luke who is the CTO, and Nick Light who is the COO. Though I don't know if they would count as board of director equivalents.

Im proud of you Linus, I have had my beefs with you but since you do recognize what your strengths and weaknesses are and share them with community is awesome. With all that, what you your wife have created here is just awesome. Since now you can trully concentrate on where your strengths lie I can only see a lot more good things coming from what you and Yvonne created here!!

I think this change is best for both Linus and LTT as a company. Linus' on camera personality is way too strong to be spending a majority of his time behind a desk. As LTT has expanded into many different business units (Floatplane, Creator Warehouse, Labs) Linus is definitely stretched thin because they are all his 'babies' and its tough to detach yourself both procedurally and emotionally when you've been involved from the ground up.

I think bringing in someone external was a great idea for the reason I mentioned above, they are detached and can run it like a business. Now, Linus in his new role can can point his finger to the new CEO and say "I want to see more X from labs, I want to see more Y from the shop" and its up to the CEO to see to it.

I'm looking forward to seeing Linus thrive by being on camera more too.

2 hours ago, Levent said:

Yeah nah this ain’t going to last. I have seen this behavior from others couple of times, you either retire or you still run your company

I'm sure he made the right decision for him & his business in the long run.