I'm Stepping Down..

James

The whole point of owning a company is to reach a point where you don't have to run it anymore ... BUT can make big decisions. So basically Linus is the Rupert Murdoch of LMG now.   So Linus and Yvonne own it, they're the bosses, but  won't be bossing anyone around full time anymore. 

So good for you Linus you're living the dream. 

Edited by Uttamattamakin
Corrected typos

Some people thrive under the pressure that you've been under, man. The goal should be to find those people, not torture yourself trying to do it all yourself. Not everyone is cut out for the type of leadership role that comes with a large company and those that try deserve all the respect in the world when they decide it isn't for them. Your own happiness is paramount to everything.

All this sounds well and good, though I won't lie, I've seen enough mediocre video essays over the years about YouTuber downfalls that this feels like the part where things go tits up.

I'm sure it'll be fine though. Probably not a super controversial take to say Linus has had a tendancy to run his mouth a bit too much and a bit impulsively at times, so I think someone to reign him in is probably good. That brief mention of the backpack warranty debacle feels like Linus probably agrees.

1 minute ago, Kelmarit said:

Who is this Jack Linus mentioned in the video?

Could be wrong but it seemed like more of a in-joke with some guy he knew at NCIX.

Yeah nah this ain’t going to last. I have seen this behavior from others couple of times, you either retire or you still run your company

FYI Linus, you should have taken the $100M offer.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

overall seems like a good move!

wow 100000000$ offer lol

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

It's been wild to see how far everything has come with LTT. I've wondered how Linus has managed to do quite literally everything for the company, and frankly it's been impressive. I hope that this change eases some of the stress, and I can't wait to see what the future brings!

9 minutes ago, Uttamattamakin said:

The whole point of owning a company is to reach a point where you don't have to run it anymore ... BUT can make big decisions. So basically Linus is the Rupert Murdoch of LMG now.   Sp Linus and Yvonne own it, their the bosses, but  won't be bossing anyone around full time anymore. 

So good for you Linus you're living the dream. 

This is the right move. He's still super boss with Yvonne but didn't have to worry about business and company details. Now he can focus on making videos, expanding the company and dropping things. 

Congratulations Linus! You more than deserve this. Turning down a $100m offer and turning the keys over to someone else is nothing short of astounding and shows your love for what you have built. I'm glad you are still going to be around and get to do what you love doing. 

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

Super proud of Linus, Yvonne and the Whole team. Massive Boss Move turning down $100M, Time for TerrenTechTips. Also could see a huge increase of video creativity or quality with Linus being more dedicated to content

Congratulations on your demotion Linus.

And I mean that, seriously.  Sound like a very good move for everyone. 

(Now, about that checksum video...)

I can’t believe it. I thought it was a clickbait title at first but it’s real. I believed Linus would run this company until his heart stopped. Also, $100M? I never believed LTT was this valuable. Great job Linus, and Terren will do a great job as CEO.

how are you doing today

I see it as he and Yvonne are owners will still point the company in the direction they want when it comes to missions, and expansion whether it be on Youtube or physical, while the new CEO does the dirty work. The CEO and then the board of directors which is just Linus and Yvonne.

So how does this management structure work?

Linus and Yvonne are directors of the company, but also lower down the structure than the new CEO?

So can the new CEO fire Linus?

Can the new CEO make financial decisions about the company without the say-so of Linus and Yvonne despite it being 'their' money he's spending?

Laptop:

Spoiler

HP OMEN 15 - Intel Core i7 9750H, 16GB DDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD, Nvidia RTX 2060, 15.6" 1080p 144Hz IPS display

PC:

Spoiler

Vacancy - Looking for applicants, please send CV

Mac:

Spoiler

2009 Mac Pro 8 Core - 2 x Xeon E5520, 16GB DDR3 1333 ECC, 120GB SATA SSD, AMD Radeon 7850. Soon to be upgraded to 2 x 6 Core Xeons

Phones:

Spoiler

LG G6 - Platinum (The best colour of any phone, period)

LG G7 - Moroccan Blue

That's kinda interesting, looking forward to the future of LMG.

I was shocked at the title. I thought it was a troll attempt (again)

It turned out to be true. You have done a great job over the years Linus. You have guided some of my big decisions with tech based on your content.

Seeing as you and Yvonne are still technically the owners of LTT, with Terren back as the CEO, I foresee better content and a better life for everyone involved. 

And thank goodness you turned down that megaoffer buyout. 

5 minutes ago, yolosnail said:

Linus and Yvonne are directors of the company, but also lower down the structure than the new CEO?

So can the new CEO fire Linus?

Yes. Ownership votes on large scale decisions, such as CEO hiring / firing, etc. 

Can the new CEO make financial decisions about the company without the say-so of Linus and Yvonne

Yes, but will more than likely do it in collaboration. Yvonne is CFO, and the CEO will always consult with CFO regarding large scale monetary decisions. CEOs typically needs to report to the board and defend their decision making. 

despite it being 'their' money he's spending?

It's not their money. It's the company's money. If I own stock in Intel and they decide to open a new fab, they aren't spending my money. I simply own a percentage of Intel's theoretical street value. 

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

I'm excited to maybe see more Linus on cam.

Main Rig:

Ryzen 5800x, ASUS Crosshair Hero VII Wi-Fi, 32gb of Corsair Vengence Pro SL 3600 CL18, MSI Ventus 2 OC RTX 3060 12gb, Corsair H115i Pro AIO cooler, Soundblaster AE-7, Beyerdynamic DT 990 Edition 600Ohm headphones, Creative Giga Speakers, 1tb ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD, 1tb Intel 665P NVME SSD, 500gb Samsung 850 EVO SATA SSD, 8tb WB Black SATA HDD, LG SATA Blue Ray Drive, Corsair CX850M PSU, Coolermaster Stryker case, ROG ARGB strips, China ARGB fans, China ARGB SSD heat sink. 🤣

HTPC:

Erying 11800 ES CPU/Mobo combo, 32GB of Corsair LPX 3200 CL16, Gigabyte 4060 8gb LP, Thermalright AXP90 full copper cooler, WD Black SN770 500gb NVME SSD, WD Black SN770 1tb NVME SSD, Crucial MX500 2tb SATA SSD, WD Blue 2tb SATA HDD, Pioneer Blu-Ray burner, Intel AX200 WiFi/Bluetooth, Seasonic 300w TFX PSU, Silverstone ML11 case. STILL NO RGB! 😭

Retro Gamer PC:

VIA C3 1000Mhz, VIA Epia PD-10000 LVDS, 1gb of Kingston DDR, PNY Geforce FX5500 128mb PCI, WD 80GB HDD, Random CD-ROM, Random 250w mini psu, Mini ITX case 🤣

i thought this was a late april fools joke, but i mean its obvious that you got hacked and this is just a really complex deepfake

thank you for not taking the 100m and (probably)sending the company in a spiral downwards

2 cores and 6 gigabytes of ram is all you need for gaming. Its not like having more than 10 FPS actually matters..

Linus best of luck. I was surprised this wasn’t sooner actually; but now with Labs I’m like seriously how do you have for all this?!

As long as WAN doesn’t change and you can keep leaking LTTStore we’ll all get a long just fine 🙂