gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

7 minutes ago, Oceanfire87 said:

AMD,NVIDIA,INTEL OR SILICON MOTION

welcome to the forums! fyi. these topics are generally not allowed on the forum, I probably shouldn't have replied to the earlier comment.
it's a good idea to read the "community standards" 

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

Hi. I realized I can't join LTT's Discord server. The invite is valid. But when I joined and return to app, LTT's server doesn't exist.

2 hours ago, Tiffany Lynch said:

Hi. I realized I can't join LTT's Discord server. The invite is valid. But when I joined and return to app, LTT's server doesn't exist.

Server is currently closed to new members so when you join it's instantly kicking you.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 hour ago, hirusha.adikari said:

how can i create a guest account?

Guest can't answer, but deleted accounts comments will become guest comments

If you browse without logging in, that's a guest account

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Does anyone know why every gpu disappeared from the market ? I'm not only talking about 3000' and 6000' series but also rx 580/570, 2000' series RTX, 5700 series etc

I understand that mining is pretty popular at the moment but jeez. 

Fun fact: I always had a local store ad, while searching for rx 5700 cards on google, showing rx 57.. for 500 euros. So I always tought that it was possible to find gpus at "decent" prices . Well, Today I discovered that the ad is for a rx 570 4 gb  priced at 500 euroes, while the only rx 5700 I could find is at 800 euros.

back in june 2020 when most of the lockdowns have lifted, selling used computers were crazy due to work from home and online schooling. I was once a internet cafe owner and most of them were gone now, except for a few ddr3 rams left here.

so why not look for a 4-slotted ram motherboard? and just use it as my own or something? and boy only now I'm amazed at how the ddr3 era suck balls so hard it's not funny.

all I'm looking for is a 4-core and under 65W. and of course a motherboard that can fit in 4 rams or more. i5 is apparently a hungry beast (4c4t) and is hot (85W-ish tdp). amd's APUs (a8 and a10) I can somewhat forgive since their apu is miles better compared to intel hd graphics.

rant over. ddr3 sucks and intel sucks harder. amd to a lesser extent because of their APUs.

oh god I didn't saw that one.

to mods: please close this thread and just put this in the off topic chitchat.

Why do you need four RAM slots so bad?

5 hours ago, kidlat017 said:

and boy only now I'm amazed at how the ddr3 era suck balls so hard it's not funny.

This is such bs, especially as the "DDR3 era" was (roughly) between 2007 and 2014. It's stupid to group all those CPUs into one generalized argument. I'd also love to know what you're comparing this fairly old hardware to that makes it "suck balls."

5 hours ago, kidlat017 said:

ddr3 sucks and intel sucks harder.

lol

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

10 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Why do you need four RAM slots so bad?

This is such bs, especially as the "DDR3 era" was (roughly) between 2007 and 2014. It's stupid to group all those CPUs into one generalized argument. I'd also love to know what you're comparing this fairly old hardware to that makes it "suck balls."

lol

because I have them stocked here and doing nothing. mostly 4gb. so 4x4gb ddr3 1600mhz doesn't sound too bad for a build. and just a 4c4t processor and call it my personal build. and there's the issue: an i5 4c4t is not only in the 80 range tdp, it's pretty expensive for a used processor in the used market. a8 and a10 is laughing so hard at it.

Wait so this is basically a thread to move the shitposters out of the normal topics.
I like.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

Alright, I've discovered where to put my questions:

Spoiler

Does anyone like haircuts?
Is hating wet clothes a me thing?
Do mods and admins have a naughty and nice list?
What happens if one of the admins misbehaves?
What's your opinion on making jokes at your own expense?
What happens if I report a mod's post?
Should I replace my tiny beeper speaker with a bigger PC speaker in my case?
How does mining work?
If you could choose to become a mod or no longer be a mod, would you make the switch?
What is your least favorite version of Windows, excluding Me and Vista?
What are my chances of getting my High Sierra NVIDIA drivers to run on Big Sur?
Should I buy an LGA115x Intel stock cooler?
What made you decide to get into tech?
What are the benefits of VPNs, why are they advertised, and which ones do you recommend?
Why does Windows ask "how should I open this .dmg file" instead of saying "This is a Mac file. You need a Mac to open it"?
Is Linux Mint 17.3 Cinnamon better or worse the Linux Mint 20 Cinnamon, disregarding their release and end-of-support dates?
What SSD should I get to install Big Sur on?
Do you think I could modify the High Sierra NVIDIA drivers to work on Big Sur natively, if they don't work unmodified?
What are my chances of finding a 2.5" SSD in a laptop?
Where could I find good quality, long, FireWire 800 cables?
If I followed every single thread, how many notifications would I have if I left the forum alone for 1 hour?
If I get the High Sierra NVIDIA drivers to run on Big Sur, can I have a free necropost?
Should I finish my Grant story?
What would be the best CPU to get for my Minecraft server? It has an AM3 chipset and is currently running a Phenom II X4 955.
What makes you decide to lock the MoTF thread?
Should I get the logic board for my iMac G5 or an SSD?
As a continuation of the previous question, what should I put an SSD in first - my Minecraft server, my Mac Mini, or my Ryzen system to install Big Sur on?
Should I install Windows 2000 or Windows 98 SE?
Should I post pictures of The Claw?
What made the FX-9590 a fire hazard?
Does people tagging you instead of quoting you annoy you?
Should I change back to ragnarok0273 after 180 days, or keep FakeKGB?

This was several weeks of late-night and boring-lecture questions.

elephants

On 10/30/2020 at 11:19 PM, FakeKGB said:

What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard anyone (other than yourself) say?

Remember the rules on Page 1.

“ I won’t get sunburnt if I am driving my convertible since it is moving.” Famous last words.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

Just now, Prodigy_Smit said:

“ I won’t get sunburnt if I am driving my convertible since it is moving.” Famous last words.

Wow, it's been a long time since I asked that.

Anyway, here's mine:
"I absolutely love poo."

Context: DGR_Dave referencing GrandPooBear.

elephants

9 hours ago, FakeKGB said:

What would be the best CPU to get for my Minecraft server?

basically what has the best single core performance ( Minecraft server uses only one core )

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

Just now, Drama Lama said:

basically what has the best single core performance ( Minecraft server uses only one core )

*that fits in an AM3 socket?
Also, a few of these are better suited for MoTF - I just moved them here because they mostly apply here.

elephants

2 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

*that fits in an AM3 socket?
Also, a few of these are better suited for MoTF - I just moved them here because they mostly apply here.

probably phenom II X6 1100t (horrific naming)

or any Phenom IIX4. those are pretty bad tho.

QUOTE ME  FOR ANSWER.

Main PC:

Spoiler

|Ryzen 7 3700x, OC to 4.2ghz @1.3V, 67C, or 4.4ghz @1.456V, 87C || Asus strix 5700 XT, +50 core, +50 memory, +50 power (not a great overclocker) || Asus Strix b550-A || G.skill trident Z Neo rgb 32gb 3600mhz cl16-19-19-19-39, oc to 3733mhz with the same timings || Cooler Master ml360 RGB AIO || Phanteks P500A Digital || Thermaltake ToughPower grand RGB750w 80+gold || Samsung 850 250gb and Adata SX 6000 Lite 500gb || Toshiba 5400rpm 1tb || Asus Rog Theta 7.1 || Asus Rog claymore || Asus Gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz || 

Test Rig.

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 3400G || Gigabyte b450 S2H || Hyper X fury 2x4gb 2666mhz cl 16 ||Stock cooler || Antec NX100 || Silverstone essential 400w || Transgend SSD 220s 480gb ||

Just Sold

Spoiler

| i3 9100F || Msi Gaming X gtx 1050 TI || MSI Z390 A-Pro || Kingston 1x16gb 2400mhz cl17 || Stock cooler || Kolink Horizon RGB || Corsair CV 550w || Pny CS900 120gb ||

Tier lists for building a PC.

Motherboard tier list. Tier A for overclocking 5950x. Tier B for overclocking 5900x, Tier C for overclocking 5800X. Tier D for overclocking 5600X. Tier F for 4/6 core Cpus at stock. Tier E avoid.

(Also case airflow matter or if you are using Downcraft air cooler)

Spoiler

Gpu tier list. Rtx 3000 and RX 6000 not included since not so many reviews. Tier S for Water cooling. Tier A and B for overcloking. Tier C stock and Tier D avoid.

( You can overclock Tier C just fine, but it can get very loud, that is why it is not recommended for overclocking, same with tier D)

Spoiler

Psu tier List. Tier A for Rtx 3000, Vega and RX 6000. Tier B For anything else. Tier C cheap/IGPU. Tier D and E avoid.

(RTX 3000/ RX 6000 Might run just fine with higher wattage tier B unit, Rtx 3070 runs fine with tier B units)

Spoiler

Cpu cooler tier list. Tier 1&2 for power hungry Cpus with Overclock. Tier 3&4 for overclocking Ryzen 3,5,7 or lower power Intel Cpus. Tier 5 for overclocking low end Cpus or 4/6 core Ryzen. Tier 6&7 for stock. Tier 8&9 Ryzen stock cooler performance. Do not waste your money!

Spoiler

Storage tier List. Tier A for Moving files/  OS. Tier B for OS/Games. Tier C for games. Tier D budget Pcs. Tier E if on sale not the worst but not good.

(With a grain of salt, I use tier C for OS myself)

Spoiler

Case Tier List. Work In Progress. Most Phanteks airflow series cases already done!

Ask me anything :)

• 2 weeks later...

Working more on floppy video project.

I got it to 20x12 resolution with mono audio and 8 kbps.. whatever it's called.

Looks like crap and sounds like it too.

On a side note, how do you extract a video/audio combo playing thing from VLC?

And why the heck does Microsoft charge you $1 for HEVC audio/video codecs?

elephants

As mediocre as always.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

6 minutes ago, mffranks34 said:

how is the form today

Merged to chit-chat. This is forum, not chat room. We require actual content from all threads posted. Please use existing threads for stuff like this.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv