Off Topic Chit Chat

Really sucks that COVID shut my library down, it has a CNC machine, music studio, and 3D printer (and even a PCB mill, I think) and I really loved those services. I guess I'm OK with it if it's in the name of flattening the curve tho.

Quote or mention me or I won't be notified of your reply!

Main Rig: R7 3700x New!, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB, ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming New!, Corsair RGB 2x16GB 3200MHz New!, 512GB Crucial P5, 120GB Samsung SSD, 1TB Segate SSHD, 2TB Barracuda HDD

MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Max, 32GB RAM)

Links: My beautiful sketchy case | My website

On 7/21/2020 at 8:56 AM, ImAlsoRan said:

Really sucks that COVID shut my library down, it has a CNC machine, music studio, and 3D printer (and even a PCB mill, I think) and I really loved those services. I guess I'm OK with it if it's in the name of flattening the curve tho.

WTF, when I was a wee lad I was impressed that my local Library had a computer suite with Pentium 3s!

REMILIA Mk.IIIE CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X, Cooler: Arctic Freezer II 240 (Noctua NT-H2), RAM: 4x 8Gb sticks of Patriot Viper Steel Series 3600 CL17, Mobo: AsRock X570 Taichi, GPU: Inno3D RTX 3080 iChill x4 10G, Storage: 1TB Intel 670p NVME SSD boot drive, a few 1TB and 512gb SATA/NVME SSDs for game storage, 6 hard drives 1-4 TB, PSU: Corsair RM750 MY2019, Case: Cooler Master Mastercase 5 MC500 (with add-ons, Noctua NF-A14 and Arctic P14 fans), PCIE Cards: Cheap Chinese Marvell 88SE9215 4 port SATA card, Sonnet Allegro USB3.2 Card Monitors: ViewSonic Elite XG270QC (165hz, 1ms MPRT, 1440p, VA, Freesync PP, pneumatic stand), Hp Z27n (IPS, 60hz, 1440p, 8Ms), iiyama G2530HSU-B (75Hz, Freesync, one in landscape, one in Portrait, all on pneumatic monitor stands).

Mic: iSK UPM-1 USB XLR interface with Neewer NW700, Audio: Sabaj A3 160W DAC/AMP + Wharfdale Diamond 220 + Mission MS6 Sub, ifi Zen DAC v2 + ifi Zen CAN, Littledot Mk.II (w/ Soviet Power tubes and British Mulard M8100s/Soviet Voshkod 6JP-EV/ American General Electric JAN 5654W dependent on mood), Sendy Aiva (Primary), Beyer Dynamic DT990 250ohm Black Special Edition, Audeze EL-8 Open Back, Sennheiser HD598SE (modified to be a headset, snapped headband held together with gorilla tape), Mouse: SteelSeries Rival 600, Keyboard: Glorious GMMK ISO with Mengmoda MMD Tactile (main) and Kailh Box Navy (Function keys), Tribosys 3203 brush lubed, Taihao Green forest caps.

KOAKUMA Mk.IB (24/7 Folding Slave PC made of spare parts): CPU: Core i7 4770, Cooler: Some small antex cooler with 80mm fan, RAM: 2x 4Gb Sticks of 2400Mhz DDR3, Mobo: Asus H81i-Plus, GPU: R9 390 Nitro+ (barely fits in case), Storage: 256gb Korean no-name SATA SSD, PSU: Corsair CX550 (Gray label), Case: Antec ISK600 ITX case. [Given away to friend]

How often does someone just show up to the office? Like "can I take  a tour?"

On 7/28/2020 at 8:36 PM, Xaven said:

Hello

Hi

On 7/28/2020 at 6:47 PM, Alan R said:

How often does someone just show up to the office? Like "can I take  a tour?"

Probably a lot lol 😂

Please tag me @RTX 3090 so I can see your reply

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

does lmg/ltt hire iterns or take people for a summer job im in 8th grade but when im in high school i would want to fly there from maryland and work there but i would have to make enough to pay for room and board

7 minutes ago, will berman said:

does lmg/ltt hire iterns or take people for a summer job im in 8th grade but when im in high school i would want to fly there from maryland and work there but i would have to make enough to pay for room and board

Hey there. I think that's something you'd have to ask LMG for an official, up-to-date answer. To start, you could try looking at the Linus Media Group site. There's a section for Jobs as well, and if you have a specific question for 'em, try the Contact Us page.

Unofficially:

On 3/24/2020 at 12:04 PM, Eschew said:

Linus has explicitly stated in a stream that he isn't interested in interns/temps.

Timestamp1:36:57.

Linus: Unpaid internships are illegal in Canada, and if you wanna be paid, then you might as well apply as an employee. That's the way I see it.

Yvonne: Well, I think the difference is that interns don't have to work there permanently.

Linus: Well, yeah, if I want you, I want you permanently. What do I want with someone who's really good, then goes away? So, from an employer's perspective, I'm not -- I just don't really get it.

Then again, this stream is dated Nov 29, 2018. Not sure whether his views have changed or not.

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

49 minutes ago, Eschew said:

Hey there. I think that's something you'd have to ask LMG for an official, up-to-date answer. To start, you could try looking at the Linus Media Group site. There's a section for Jobs as well, and if you have a specific question for 'em, try the Contact Us page.

Unofficially:

ok thank you so much

How did Tarantino direct the German Scenes in his Movies without speaking the Language? How does he make sure its correct?

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

30 minutes ago, Praesi said:

How did Tarantino direct the German Scenes in his Movies without speaking the Language? How does he make sure its correct?

He probably hired a translator @Praesi 

2 minutes ago, Skygrounded said:

He probably hired a translator @Praesi 

Yes, of course. But the way People talk is very important to the meaning and mood. In German it makes the difference because its a extremly detailed language.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

1 minute ago, Praesi said:

Yes, of course. But the way People talk is very important to the meaning and mood. In German it makes the difference because its a extremly detailed language.

That is true, I don't know a lot about the language, I tried to learn it a couple years ago for fun but I never got very far

Also sorry for the at I'm new here and i've never used a forum before

Original Cut of Luke´s Training.

Where's the law that gives you compensation for working seven straight days? ;_;

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

Why has Ryan Vickers not yet posted a photo of himself with a pancake on his head?

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

celebrating ocolus's new facebookising

Facebook + Zuck + Ocolus 

=

fuckolus

On 8/25/2020 at 2:16 PM, Benji said:

Why would I turned on by music that I don't consider erotic? How about you?

If I'm really thirsty and the singer has a beautiful voice then maybe... 

An Irish Computer builder needed some Rams for a computer he is building, so he went out to a paddy field to purchase 8 Rams from a shepperd.

On 1/21/2016 at 8:52 AM, Windspeed36 said:

hello, just wondering if this is legal. They are not using his name, but they a re taking advantages of his image. Just wanted to report that

image.thumb.png.a59a2cae1a82408c369c40a61cb6df91.png