BOINC Pentathlon 2023

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

So here are the winners of the LTTStore discount vouchers, these need to be entered during checkout: 

@Hyuumaru @QuantumSnow @texus @etv24 @OhBoy @blab blob @Lightwreather JfromN @Your_Stalker @UnauthorisedNoodle @miker07

The winners of the Stream giftcards are:

@Storm_007 @chaozbandit @Bruntosaurus

The Winner of the drawing from @Ithanul is:

@Cory74

To claim your prize you need to DM me here on the forum before 00:00 BST, May 30th, 2023, with a screengrab of your BOINCStats statistics showing you have points in the correct projects 

1 hour ago, leadeater said:

All my Yoyo is paused but I've got a lot of tasks with very long run times that will complete for a lot of points when I resume them, I'm fully Numbers right now but I think I'll have plenty to report come 100% bonus day.

Also I could stop all my reporting of Numbers to hide my output rate, maybe that would be better than being open about it....?

@Ithanul @GOTSpectrum What do you think we should be doing at this point?  Right now I'm on numbers with older stuff that can't yoyo, and bunkering yoyo on my more modern system CPU (AMD 5700G), with Einstein bunkering ATI GPU units at aprox 1 every 1.5 hours on my Radeon R9 mobile). Make the call oh fearless captains!

2 minutes ago, justpoet said:

@Ithanul @GOTSpectrum What do you think we should be doing at this point?  Right now I'm on numbers with older stuff that can't yoyo, and bunkering yoyo on my more modern system CPU (AMD 5700G), with Einstein bunkering ATI GPU units at aprox 1 every 1.5 hours on my Radeon R9 mobile). Make the call oh fearless captains!

I think untill we see a couple updates of einstein it's hard to decide, although shifting CPU power away from yoyo to the sprint seems like a good shout rn. with GPUs on einstein

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

21 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Damn vacation, I've missed another one 😛

No you haven't it's still going 😉

3 hours ago, leadeater said:

How long have you been running Numbers for?

12-24 hrs. View Attached.

3 hours ago, AamirA said:

I have the same problem. Then I found 'Do you consent to exporting your data to BOINC statistics aggregation Web sites?' in the settings. Still has not shown up in my boincstats yet, maybe takes a while.Screenshot_20230513_152608.png.7e13af65c8a2c57d517d9ff807478af2.png

I made this change and haven't seen it update yet. Ill keep you posted.

numberf.png

My PC Specs: (expand to view)

Main Gaming Machine

CPU:  Intel Core i7-14700K
CPU Cooler: Deepcool LT720
Motherboard: MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws S5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000

Storage 1: Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB

Storage 2: Crucial P3 Plus 4 TB
Video Card: EVGA XC3 ULTRA GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Power Supply: Corsair RM850 850W
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow
Case Fan 120mm: Noctua F12 PWM 54.97 CFM 120 mm (x1)
Case Fan 140mm: Noctua A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140 mm (x2)
Monitor Main: MSI G274QPF-QD 27.0" 2560 x 1440 170 Hz
Monitor Vertical: Asus VA27EHE 27.0" 1920x1080 75 Hz

22 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Damn vacation, I've missed another one 😛

Get stuck in, we need everything we can get 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

17 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

I think untill we see a couple updates of einstein it's hard to decide, although shifting CPU power away from yoyo to the sprint seems like a good shout rn. with GPUs on einstein

Just woke up here down under and catching up on the strategies in the thread. I've diverted CPU from yoyo to Numbers now but before I switch GPU over to Einstein, is the current thinking, I should be selecting only Meerkat or keeping everything checked?

2 minutes ago, W.D. Stevens said:

Just woke up here down under and catching up on the strategies in the thread. I've diverted CPU from yoyo to Numbers now but before I switch GPU over to Einstein, is the current thinking, I should be selecting only Meerkat or keeping everything checked?

Personally Im just running whatever, but meerkat seems to be the way to go 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

I usually run the Gamma-ray pulsar binary search #1 on GPUs (FGRPB1G), how does time and points compare to Meerkat?

Weird, I've got only Meerkat selected, saved and updated in BOINC Manager but it's giving me a bunch of Multi-Directional Gravitational Wave jobs. Should I just let them run or try aborting them again to get others?

15 minutes ago, Ginger Penguin said:

10 minutes ago, miker07 said:

I usually run the Gamma-ray pulsar binary search #1 on GPUs (FGRPB1G), how does time and points compare to Meerkat?

What @miker07 said. I checked all the top contributors and computers etc and the common theme is the only run that one, nothing else. So for points that is the way to go. They are both Quorum 2 so two people need to do it which means if everyone isn't really doing Meerkat then getting a partner confirmation to get points is more difficult.

34 minutes ago, miker07 said:

These are what I was given, and they go reasonably on my ancient mobile GPU, so I'm going to just let it keep doing that, rather than trying to force something that others don't seem to be getting handed out very well.

21 minutes ago, justpoet said:

These are what I was given, and they go reasonably on my ancient mobile GPU, so I'm going to just let it keep doing that, rather than trying to force something that others don't seem to be getting handed out very well.

Actually I just got that fixed! I was editing the preferences for Home rather than Generic.

Top 30 Bomba Bomb GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

Let's just say I have a few WUs ready

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

51 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Top 30 Bomba Bomb GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

Let's just say I have a few WUs ready

Update.... didn't join the team... womp womp 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Well we have A LOT of catching up to do on Einstein lol

Top 3 might be out of touch, who knows. 4th seems achievable though.

BUT Numbers is doing really well so have to focus on that 🙂

Everyone, get your GPUs on Einstein already jeez 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

10 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Update.... didn't join the team... womp womp 

I felt that. 

We have time and margin, let's gooooooooo!

How do I tell NF to only use CPU and Einstein to only use GPU? It was easy for PrimeGrid. Maybe I am missing something?

nvm: first time helping out with this all. Forget it was in project preferences and not computer preferences.

6 minutes ago, D. Price said:

How do I tell NF to only use CPU and Einstein to only use GPU? It was easy for PrimeGrid. Maybe I am missing something?

Log into NF and go to https://numberfields.asu.edu/NumberFields/prefs.php?subset=project

Released some numbers and some einstein.  All seems to have gone well in doing so.

1 minute ago, justpoet said:

Released some numbers and some einstein.  All seems to have gone well in doing so.

Least you remembered to join the team... unlike someone I know 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

2 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Least you remembered to join the team... unlike someone I know 

I won't add the project to a computer until I have the account and team set up.  Makes it easier not to do that. 😉

Finally decided to figure out how to set this up. It's pretty amazing to be helping Einstein@Home to "search for weak astrophysical signals from spinning neutron stars." I might not have the fastest system, but I'm sure anything helps. As of right now, we're in 11th, we've got a long way to go to get to 1st.

9 minutes ago, kgeetings said:

Finally decided to figure out how to set this up. It's pretty amazing to be helping Einstein@Home to "search for weak astrophysical signals from spinning neutron stars." I might not have the fastest system, but I'm sure anything helps. As of right now, we're in 11th, we've got a long way to go to get to 1st.

Make sure you find our team to join so it counts, and welcome to the team! 🙂