BOINC Pentathlon 2023

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

So here are the winners of the LTTStore discount vouchers, these need to be entered during checkout: 

@Hyuumaru @QuantumSnow @texus @etv24 @OhBoy @blab blob @Lightwreather JfromN @Your_Stalker @UnauthorisedNoodle @miker07

The winners of the Stream giftcards are:

@Storm_007 @chaozbandit @Bruntosaurus

The Winner of the drawing from @Ithanul is:

@Cory74

To claim your prize you need to DM me here on the forum before 00:00 BST, May 30th, 2023, with a screengrab of your BOINCStats statistics showing you have points in the correct projects 

Anyone know how to disable certain applications using config files. I've tried with the below but it's not working, I don't want to do it through the web portal because I have other instances of boinc running that are using the app I want to disable here.

<app_config>
	<app_version>
		<app_name>GetDecics</app_name>
		<plan_class>cuda30</plan_class>
	</app_version>
	<app_version>
		<plan_class>default</plan_class>
		<max_concurrent>0</max_concurrent>
		<avg_ncpus>0</avg_ncpus>
	</app_version>
</app_config>

We just got overtaken in NumberFields. Do we need to shift some GPU power back temporarily, or do we have some juicy bunkers?

8 minutes ago, Chachunka said:

We just got overtaken in NumberFields. Do we need to shift some GPU power back temporarily, or do we have some juicy bunkers?

I think we should shift some resources away from yoyo to Numbers, we can take the hit there, not really in Einstein rn

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Okay, I'm shifting my 5800X towards NumbersField.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

2 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

I think we should shift some resources away from yoyo to Numbers, we can take the hit there, not really in Einstein rn

I'm assuming most people still on yoyo are passive participants that aren't actively following this thread. Not sure how much more we can expect to shift over given we've been talking about NF CPU efforts for the last couple days.

40 minutes ago, Idiot_icLoser55 said:

Anyone know how to disable certain applications using config files. I've tried with the below but it's not working, I don't want to do it through the web portal because I have other instances of boinc running that are using the app I want to disable here.

<app_config>
	<app_version>
		<plan_class>cuda30</plan_class>
	</app_version>
	<app_version>
		<plan_class>default</plan_class>
		<max_concurrent>0</max_concurrent>
		<avg_ncpus>0</avg_ncpus>
	</app_version>
</app_config>

The web preferences has multiple "locations" you can set the hosts to.

Set a new location for a location name like "work" and set it to not run CPU work. Then go to your host page that lists your computers, click on the details of that host and add it to the "work" location. Go to the host, click on the project and click update. The host will be assigned to the work location and follow those preferences.

BOINC Team Member of TeAm AanandTech

BOINCGames.com - BOINC Competition all year long.

11 minutes ago, SkillzTA said:

The web preferences has multiple "locations" you can set the hosts to.

Set a new location for a location name like "work" and set it to not run CPU work. Then go to your host page that lists your computers, click on the details of that host and add it to the "work" location. Go to the host, click on the project and click update. The host will be assigned to the work location and follow those preferences.

Thanks, But should have probably mentioned, both instances are running on the same host. I had them separated out for bunkering purposes earlier. One with GPU tasks and one with CPU tasks. Though it would probably make more sense to merge them back together now.

Thanks though.

5 minutes ago, Idiot_icLoser55 said:

Thanks, But should have probably mentioned, both instances are running on the same host. I had them separated out for bunkering purposes earlier. One with GPU tasks and one with CPU tasks. Though it would probably make more sense to merge them back together now.

Thanks though.

Each instance is shown as a new hosts on most project web sites, including Einstein@home and NumberFields@home. 

So make sure you select the correct one to change the location on.

Alternatively, if one instance is running CPU only work and it does NOT want GPU work then set that instance to Activity > Suspend GPU for the instance that is running GPU only. Then GPU work on that instance will never run.

Just now, etv24 said:

Just got back over a long weekend. Turning everything to NF. Suppose that's where we could use a little bump.

Looking at Planet 3DNow! on Einstein, they could easily pull miles ahead on Numbers if they wanted.

PC 1  : AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | NVIDIA TITAN V | Kingston DDR4 FURY Beast RGB 2x32GB

PC 2  : AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 XTX Red Devil Edition 24GB | Kingston DDR4 FURY Beast RGB 2x16GB 

Laptop AsusG14 | AMD Ryzen 7 4800HS | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 with Max-Q | DDR4 16GB

1 hour ago, GOTSpectrum said:

We should at least take back 2nd in Numbers so moving GPUs for a few hours I don't think will hurt too much.

11 minutes ago, Dutch_Jammie said:

Looking at Planet 3DNow! on Einstein, they could easily pull miles ahead on Numbers if they wanted.

Yes but it could cost them in other events to do so, but also I don't know why they are pushing so hard in Yoyo still. Either way even if we have to accept 3rd lets at least annoy them as much as possible to get their 2nd lol

I'm pretty sure they are just matching our output and just spiking a little extra to pass every so often.

Just now, leadeater said:

We should at least take back 2nd in Numbers so moving GPUs for a few hours I don't think will hurt too much.

Personally i think we should go all out on Numbers and secure 2nd place, then we have 3 days for Einstein and yoyo??? 

PC 1  : AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | NVIDIA TITAN V | Kingston DDR4 FURY Beast RGB 2x32GB

PC 2  : AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 XTX Red Devil Edition 24GB | Kingston DDR4 FURY Beast RGB 2x16GB 

Laptop AsusG14 | AMD Ryzen 7 4800HS | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 with Max-Q | DDR4 16GB

2 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Yes but it could cost them in other events to do so, but also I don't know why they are pushing so hard in Yoyo still. Either way even if we have to accept 3rd lets at least annoy them as much as possible to get their 2nd lol

I'm pretty sure they are just matching our output and just spiking a little extra to pass every so often.

Yeh, Just worried for Numbers is all.

Oh also FYI I have to back off a decent amount of my resources in an hour or 2 hours time, that will seriously effect hour Numbers output since I'm doing 3.8m-4m per day of our 9m-10m team total. I'd estimate I'll be dropping down by about 20%-30%, possibly a little more.

1 minute ago, leadeater said:

Oh also FYI I have to back off a decent amount of my resources in an hour or 2 hours time, that will seriously effect hour Numbers output since I'm doing 3.8m-4m per day of our 9m-10m team total. I'd estimate I'll be dropping down by about 20%-30%, possibly a little more.

That's insane output. GJ

Do we still have a 100% bonus day on yoyo to come yet? 

giphy.gif

haha joke 😃

P.S. You can stop work on Yoyo, we promise we won't pass you, honest 😅

Not sure if you've noticed, but we mostly have long ago. 😉

Just now, SkillzTA said:

Not sure if you've noticed, but we mostly have long ago. 😉

Well I mean your "stopping" is still higher than ours haha

Well I mean your "stopping" is still higher than ours haha

The only people still on The Obstacle Run are those who don't wish to bounce around projects for the Pentathlon. They just want a "set and forget" project so they've just been working yoyo for the time being.

I took a gamble early, early on that NFS was going to be a project and used a ton of resources bunkering it in anticipation that it'll be selected. I was wrong, so I had to scramble dump those bunkers and get Numberfields@home loaded. 

I was so sure NFS was gonna be in this year. SO sure. 😂