my room is hotter than hell

so to make a long story short when i game my room gets hotter than hell I know its from my pc is there anything i can do to cool it down? dont say aftermarket cooling because i am running aftermarket cooling more fans more heatsinks only helps disapate the heat quicker ie cooler parts but the room stays the same temp also dont say turn up the ac its on 60f any ideas???????????

Project black out: cpu: athlon x4 750k @4.7ghz, Mobo: asrock fm2+ a55 vg3+, ram: 1x 8gb hyperx 1866mhz, video card: 1x saphire radeon r9 270x, Storage: 1tb hdd ssd in the future,  cooling: 2 noctua 120mm fans 1 on rad one front intake.

room fan

| 3570k @ 4.5 | swiftech h220 ordered after patent issues | EVGA 660ti SC 3gb | 8gb gskill ripjaws | Asus p8z77-v lx | Corsair Ax 750 | Asus Xonar DS | Corsair C70 white | CM quickfire rapid mx browns | G500 | 

room fan

I may have had a bit to drink im facepalming so hard sorry guys ill take it down XDD

Project black out: cpu: athlon x4 750k @4.7ghz, Mobo: asrock fm2+ a55 vg3+, ram: 1x 8gb hyperx 1866mhz, video card: 1x saphire radeon r9 270x, Storage: 1tb hdd ssd in the future,  cooling: 2 noctua 120mm fans 1 on rad one front intake.

watercool your house, alternatively, paint the walls with thermal paste

- "some salty pretzel bun fanboy" ~ @helping, 2014
- "Oh shit, watch out guys, we got a hopscotch bassass here..." ~ @vinyldash303

- "Yes the 8990 is more fater than the 4820K and as you can see this specific Video card comes with 6GB" ~ Alienware 2014

watercool your house, alternatively, paint the walls with thermal paste

...then whack a giant CPU cooler on the walls. :P

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

When in doubt, put it on ice :D

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

I doubt that your room is hotter than hell. I have been there many times and I can safely say that it is damn near close to the temperature of the surface of Venus: a chilly 900 degrees Fahrenheit. 

On a more serious note: Open a window and put a fan up against it and use it to blow air out of your room. Air in your house which is probably cooler will rush to fill its place. Yay negative airflow pressure!

and here i am freezing to death in so called 'hot' straya.....

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

Have you PC vent the heat out of your room. simple.

outside-air-cooled-pc-e1294681843791.jpg

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

Take a bucket and fill it with ice, then point a fan at it. It's what I do sometimes.

Your profile pic fits perfectly with this thread.  :)

Not bad, not bad.

Open a window?

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

Welcome to Hell.

hellfrozeover.jpg

Hell, Michigan that is.

Like the others said, you might want to get a room fan, buy a portable A/C, or maybe open a window. You could just go liquid cooling or not wear clothes while gaming... Never mind what I just said there...

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

so to make a long story short when i game my room gets hotter than hell I know its from my pc is there anything i can do to cool it down? dont say aftermarket cooling because i am running aftermarket cooling more fans more heatsinks only helps disapate the heat quicker ie cooler parts but the room stays the same temp also dont say turn up the ac its on 60f any ideas???????????

If you have the money then put a custom loop in your pc. Using water to cool your CPU and GPU will keep things pretty damn cool, plus water blocks on GPUs look sexy as hell.

Take bottle of water and put it in the freezer. Wait a while until it gets really cold then take it out. Take ventilation fan. Put that cold bottle of water in front of it and start that fan. Air blowing from fan will get cooled by cold water and that will also cool your room.

I have seen online a setup were their water cooling loop was routed under their house so a lot of the heat from their computer was moved out of the room and under the house as i recall. Other then doing that there really is little that you can do to reduce heat output from computer parts.

open the window.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

reminds me of this post>> ;)

c781e388ae31164fc004dcfbe2b4f4dbb1046d7b

Nyhow, i'd reccomend you do the old wet towel in a chair trick, usually cools the room adequately or somewhat(atlest a bit better), since you'r problem is room temperature related not PC heat Related, either you exhaust the water cooler radiator outside through some vent or you

its the same law governing the matter subject if you leave your refrigirator open its gonna cool your room. Wrong!

somethings gotta give ! maybe a new powerful AC maybe? because thats the only thing logical if the side tricks dont work for you! the heat source in the room have to be vented far awy as possible, or check with your current AC manufacturer for defects on adequate cooling.

Details separate people.

Crack a window or install air conditioning are you only two real options. 

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

I have seen online a setup were their water cooling loop was routed under their house so a lot of the heat from their computer was moved out of the room and under the house as i recall. Other then doing that there really is little that you can do to reduce heat output from computer parts.

I want to do something similar one day with a 3000L water tank or five outside. I used to live on a farm for a bit so it is possible. 

As for your room - window is the only thing that will be effective. 

lol aftermarket cooling. The best watercooling system in the world would just efficiently move heat from your PC into your room. Open a window or get an aircon or something.

Or if you really want you could make a massive loop with the (weather protected) radiators outside.

well, when i had my duel sapphire radeon HD 6950s my room got close to 100F, and with my plans for the summer to get a second r9 290, it will only get worse, so my idea is to make a water cooling loop, but send the water to a radiator somewhere outside of the room im gaming in, in this case, my Ethernet cable goes threw a hole in my wall, that hole heads directly downstairs to the basement, so ill setup my radiator down there, and never have a hot room again  B)

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

How do you know how hot hell is?

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

outside-air-cooled-pc-e1294681843791.jpg

ok 1 that is simply genious 2 i am SO DOING THAT!

I'd just open a window, if its already open, your room is too small.

Has been getting colder here in South Australia, last night it was 10*c in the house, played some BF4 for a while then my brother came into my room and didn't leave because it was 24*c in here :)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz