*UPDATE*The devil is back....with nemo fins,enter the first custom 295x2

Some guy is going to buy 2 of them to put them in crossfire...............and bring about the end of this world.

Isn't one 8 pin pci-e power connector able to output 150W? So the potential max TDP could be 600W, plus 75W from the pci-e lane it self. 675W?

Please tell me if i am wrong. No tell me that i AM wrong.

Only 3 of the 8 pin PCI-E connectors are mandatory, the 4th is only for benching. Each 8 pin PCI-E connector can provide more than 150w power easily so don't go by those numbers for actual power consumption or TDP.

Two of these cards will still be just fine, they will consume less than my 2 KPEs lol.

The power of 2 Hawaii chips for the price for 4! Call now and get a 19,95 $ discount with a special deluxe limited edition, one time only, exclusive, custom made PowerColor branded sticker! 

My PC: CPU: Intel Core i3 3220, MB: ASUS P8P67 LE, GPU: Palit Jetstream GTX 670, RAM: 4GB 1333mhz DDR3, Storage: 750GB Hitachi, PSU: CoolerMaster G650M 80+ Bronze, Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus, Case: Multirama, Display: Acer x229w 22" 1680x1050, Keyboard: Logitech K120, Mouse: Steelseries Kinzu v2, Sound: Logitech 2.1 system

Only 3 of the 8 pin PCI-E connectors are mandatory, the 4th is only for benching. Each 8 pin PCI-E connector can provide more than 150w power easily so don't go by those numbers for actual power consumption or TDP.

Two of these cards will still be just fine, they will consume less than my 2 KPEs lol.

I wish i knew what the 6 pin and 8 pin were able to output, or at leas what GPU manufacturers would dare pull from one. I just did a 5 min look up to get an idea of the 8 pins output.

Even then the TDP could max out at 525W, or even higher if the hardware will actually try to pull more from the pins like it could.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

The power of 2 Hawaii chips for the price for 4! Call now and get a 19,95 $ discount with a special deluxe limited edition, one time only, exclusive, custom made PowerColor branded sticker! 

dont jump to conclusions, nothing has been said about the price, there is a chance that its cheaper then the reference due to the lack of an AIO water cooler.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I wish i knew what the 6 pin and 8 pin were able to output, or at leas what GPU manufacturers would dare pull from one. I just did a 5 min look up to get an idea of the 8 pins output.

Even then the TDP could max out at 525W, or even higher if the hardware will actually try to pull more from the pins like it could.

It's not the GPU manufacturers who decide how much a PCI-E connector can consume, it's just the ATX standard that says that. A single 8 pin PCI-E connector can provide 450-500w by itself if needed but of course that isn't recommended always.

Honestly for this card, I would recommend at least a 1000w PSU to do it justice. Of course this depends on what else is in the rig.

Will be interesting to see how an air cooled card fairs against the stock.

Which is weird to say thinking about it, the rest of the R series of cards its been best to avoid stock coolers if you wanted it quiet and cool, with the 295 its already both those things.

Obligatory, holy crap 4 8pins!?1

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

It's not the GPU manufacturers who decide how much a PCI-E connector can consume, it's just the ATX standard that says that. A single 8 pin PCI-E connector can provide 450-500w by itself if needed but of course that isn't recommended always.

Honestly for this card, I would recommend at least a 1000w PSU to do it justice. Of course this depends on what else is in the rig.

I already know that the maximum output is massive, i was just wondering how much would be drawn in practice. Bad choice of words on my part.

As far as i know a manufacturer may well try to pull 450W from an 8 pin, but i am assuming that they will stay within the 150W range. They would't make a 2KW card right....RIGHT?

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

A lot of single GPU cards have 8+8 PCI-E connectors, so why are double of each so shocking for everyone? If anything, Powercolor and AMD deserve recognition for not gimping on dual GPU cards as the norm has been recently.

I already know that the maximum output is massive, i was just wondering how much would be drawn in practice. Bad choice of words on my part.

As far as i know a manufacturer may well try to pull 450W from an 8 pin, but i am assuming that they will stay within the 150W range. They would't make a 2KW card right....RIGHT?

Ya they stick close. The 295x2 is the only exception I can think of in recent times that goes beyond the ATX theoretical specs with just dual 8 pin PCI-E connectors.

JUST PUT ALL THE 8 PIN CONNECTORS IT!

So basically it’s a time machine with nemo fins. 

My goodness, what a beast.

Good on amd for letting board partners just go insane with their solutions. I love how it seems like when ever amd comes up with a new card, it’s with a sprinkle of reckless abandon and with a tad of yolo-ism.

Nvidia: “make sure it’s quite, and it can’t run to hot...and don’t forget it can’t be too big. Oh yeah and no one likes a card that runs on blue whale”

Amd: “put a hat on it if you need to, just make it go fast”

Will it run hotter without the AIO on the 295x2? You would think that it would be hard to beat the liquid cooled one. But why 4x 8 pins? I know the two 8 pins on the reference were really stressed but 3 would probably be enough for a lot of head room for even overclocking? Or am I wrong?

Will it run hotter without the AIO on the 295x2? You would think that it would be hard to beat the liquid cooled one. But why 4x 8 pins? I know the two 8 pins on the reference were really stressed but 3 would probably be enough for a lot of head room for even overclocking? Or am I wrong?

there needed to be an opinion without a AIO, it might be worse but there needs to be a version because so many people dont want that AIO coming from their gpu.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

It looks like those fans are oriented to suck air out of the GPU, rather than the usual blow air into it.

My reaction when I saw the 4 8-pins:

'Holy ************* christ'

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Holy crap. 4 8 pin connectors? going by PCI spec, 4x150w=600w + the 75w taken through the PCI slot, so 675w needed to run this beast. I can see why motherboard manufacturers are puting auxeliry power input for multiple card. you'll need to use them just for one of these monsters. 

Here come the jokes,

Throw away the central heating and radiators. On a cold morning, "kids, gather around the R9 295x2 to keep warm" They say the polar ice caps are diapering, and I know why, this monster of a card.

Enough, all joking aside, I think the cooler will be able to handle the heat, as it is a triple-slot 3x100mm fan cooler. But it will be intresting to find out. Now, if only Nvidia would allow board partners to go nuts with their designs for top tier cards. 

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

God, it's so annoying reading all those "Gosh, it's going to burn down your house" and "Better open up an extra Power Plant for that card" posts, you guys rode those jokes into the ground so hard, let em go, they want to rest.

I´m optimistic that this Cooling Solution will be able to cool that card, Water Cooling is not the be all and end all, there are still Tower Cpu Coolers that can compete against AIO's.

Why is everyone so surprise this GPU have four 8-pins... This is a dual GPU card of top end... It's like a R9 290X two 8-pins

Not sure why they wouldn't do a full waterblock instead of an air cooler, that's the only custom cooler I really care about, but DAMN them 8 pins. That's both impressive and terrifying. 

Instead of heatpipes, use vapor chambers.

Instead of aluminium, use all pure copper (or that diamond copper that Noctua might be making, unless that was a joke).

Triple slot, good fans.

Easy.

there needs to be more cards that come with 4 8pin connectors, why you say, because why not. That being said, i think they should have made the thing even wider and longer to allow for even larger fan(120mm anyone). Not only would the thing be a monster but it would be even cooler.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

Looks like it would snap the slot.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

omg. code name the sun.

(sneezes) "Sorry I'm allergic to bullshit"

God, it's so annoying reading all those "Gosh, it's going to burn down your house" and "Better open up an extra Power Plant for that card" posts

Graters gonna grate...

Though to be fair, people around here tend to be repetitive no matter what the subject is. Like a hive mind singularity.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Looks like it would snap the slot.

its not an asus card dont worry.The pci-e bracket can handle a LOT more weight

Listen if you care.