whats a expensive tech thing I could get?

seniorsir

I'm in the range of $1500-$2000, I already have the valve index, a 3090ti, 32gb ram, a 1440p 144hz monitor, the index controllers, corsair k100rgb keyboard and the nightsword mouse. I'm thinking about getting the pimax8kx or reality series or the varjo areo. I just can't come up wih any other ideas of what I can get. 

I'm thinking about getting the evangelion or classified motherboard. 

Why do you feel the need to spend the money? why not save it?

I can maybe understand if they're gift cards though. I spent an Amazon gift card on some things I absolutely did not need, including upgrade parts for my 3D printers. That's a fairly expensive item that has proven to me that it can be very useful, you might consider getting one if you're looking for ways to spend money. $300-$400 can get you something pretty nice like a CR-10 V3. It's also, much like a PC, an endless money pit if you let it become one. Always an upgrade to do or a part to add.

https://www.amazon.com/CR-10-V3-Motherboard-Installed-300x300x400mm/dp/B07XYVD2C1/

A grumpy school IT guy with too many computers.

Primary:
Intel Core i9-10900K
48GB DDR4-3600 (2x16+2x8)

RTX 3060 12GB

a lot of SATA SSDs, too many some might say

Secondary:

Intel Core i7-4790K
16GB DDR3-1600
GTX 750 Ti

HTPC:
Intel Xeon e5-1620 v2
48GB ECC DDR3-1600
GT 730 1GB GDDR5

Laptop (ThinkPad W540)
Intel Core i7-4900MQ
32GB DDR3L-1600 (4x8)

Quadro K2100M

2880x1620 IPS Display
a glass trackpad stolen from an X1 Carbon G3

I have more... these are the ones that get used fairly often though.

41 minutes ago, seniorsir said:

I'm in the range of $1500-$2000, I already have the valve index, a 3090ti, 32gb ram, a 1440p 144hz monitor, the index controllers, corsair k100rgb keyboard and the nightsword mouse. I'm thinking about getting the pimax8kx or reality series or the varjo areo. I just can't come up wih any other ideas of what I can get. 

Ps5, dj controller, good speaker system, 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

You already have a lot of nice hardware. I would suggest you simply enjoy it and learn about it instead of just buying more stuff because you can and you're bored. Save the money for when something comes out that you really want/need.  

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

23 hours ago, CyberneticTitan said:

How about:

- Some good audio gear (headphone/DAC/speakers, etc)

- The new OLED 240Hz 1440p monitor next year

- Furniture. Standing desk? Better tabletop?

oh shit, that monitor sounds fire. when will it come out next year. 

23 hours ago, Stormseeker9 said:

Ps5, dj controller, good speaker system, 

ps5 is terrible, I will never own a console again. consoles are to restricted, the ps5 still has no games. 

On 12/31/2022 at 11:41 PM, aDoomGuy said:

Blow it all on Steam games. 😃

I got a lot of them on the cd keys sale 

Audio hardware. $2000 can do a lot for a pc audio setup, of a proper dac/amp and either extremely nice headphones or a good surround sound system.

There’s a large variety of choices depending on what you want to do and how much of that budget you want to commit to it. Wether that’s high end headphones and a small desktop dac/amp, if your onboard audio is fine and you just need an amp + headphones, if you want to go the iem route, or if you’re going for any variety of 2.1/5.1/7.1 speaker setups and exactly how far you want to get into that. Ranging from basically plug and play powered speakers to needing a proper home audio dac and amp, and better speakers.

A hooker for the weekend

A fishing trip for the weekend

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

Mutual funds. 

Stop buying expensive things you don't need just because it gives you a short term boost of dopamine. 

You've already bought a bunch of really expensive things to the point where you now have to ask others for suggestions on what to buy because you can't think of anything else, and you are still not satisfied. How absurd is that?

Buying more things won't make a difference. It won't fill that void you are trying to fill. 

Too bad common sense is both free and ironically, not common. 

Find some investment for the long term that will make you relax later in life. Such as advised above this post by Lawlz. 

When you get to be older you will both appreciate and be thankful to be able to do what you want, not what you have to.

18 hours ago, seniorsir said:

ps5 is terrible, I will never own a console again. consoles are to restricted, the ps5 still has no games. 

Okay. Then don’t ask opinions or advice. 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

Just get a good 4k laser projector and top tier screen and you will forget about everything else. 

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |

Get an iPhone made with real gold 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

On 12/31/2022 at 4:38 PM, SleepDeprivationTheITGuy said:

Why do you feel the need to spend the money? why not save it?

Because some people are not peasants and have serious f*** you money. You know how much is 1 billion dollars? Well, you can go ahead and withdraw 10 millions of it from the bank, dose it with gasoline, light it on fire, and at the end of the day, still have 99% of it or 0.99 billion dollars left

In short, these people spending 10 million is like you spending $1 on a budget of $100, it is pocket change. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

15 minutes ago, wasab said:

Because some people are not peasants and have serious f*** you money. You know how much is 1 billion dollars? Well, you can go ahead and withdraw 10 millions of it from the bank, dose it with gasoline, light it on fire, and at the end of the day, still have 99% of it or 0.99 billion dollars left

In short, these people spending 10 million is like you spending $1 on a budget of $100, it is pocket change. 

You say that like it's something to be admired

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

1 hour ago, SimplyChunk said:

You say that like it's something to be admired

Not admired but at the same time not something to look down on. How would you feel if people from third world countries berate you for spending equivalent of their entire days wage on things like Mcdonald burgers or starbucks coffee? 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

On 12/31/2022 at 4:34 PM, seniorsir said:

I'm thinking about getting the evangelion or classified motherboard. 

Get the Gundam edition power supply from Asus

Ryzen 5800X3D(Because who doesn't like a phat stack of cache?) GPU - 7700Xt

X470 Strix f gaming, 32GB Corsair vengeance, WD Blue 500GB NVME-WD Blue2TB HDD, 700watts EVGA Br

~Extra L3 cache is exciting, every time you load up a new game or program you never know what your going to get, will it perform like a 5700x or are we beating the 14900k today? 😅~

11 hours ago, wasab said:

Oh, so you know OP personally and have verified that he has 1 billion dollars? Good to know. Maybe OP should have included that in his post, because the reasonable thing to assume is that someone on this forum has an average or below average amount of disposable income.

Buy a musical instrument, or use it to get into a sport. Or better yet invest it.

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>