Valve increases suggested prices for Steam Games non USD currencies | Commits to update non USD price suggestions annually

AlTech
On 10/26/2022 at 4:43 PM, igormp said:

However, it's not like the purchase power has increase by much since then, so my bet is that we're going to see less sales here in Brazil after this adjustment.

Almost no one followed the suggested prices anyway. The suggested price for new AAA games was a bit below R$150 but they were already going for R$300, I have seen old titles that were ported to PC for 40 USD going for R$200+. Only some indie games and some publishers followed the suggested prices or at least kept prices somewhat close to it.

It's amazing how pricing went from many following the suggested price or at least keeping somewhat close to it, going for 90~180 reais in 2015, to them doubling the suggested prices in 2018/2019, the dollar price was almost the same during that period too. The best part is that Brazilian prices are usually almost the same as the Euro or Dollar prices while our neighbors usually get anywhere between 20~60% lower prices.

Some publishers seems to hate specific countries though, I've seen publishers that make most of their games more expensive in countries like Argentina or Mexico than in the US and Europe while some other countries that usually have similar prices, get much lower pricing.

On 10/25/2022 at 6:29 AM, CTR640 said:

I don't care how shady they are but I'm not paying full prices to corrporate-greed. They treat us like trash anyway so why fill their bankaccounts more.

All fun and games until you realize you accidently funded organized crime... whoops.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Activision laughed, they don't follow that pricing anyways and neither do they do regional pricing.

They're basically asking the equivalent of 300-450$ from someone in Argentina to buy the new MW2

Topic has been cleaned, that was a lot of posts. Please be mindful of the original topic and what this forum is for discussing and what it's not for discussing.

Goodbye Argentinian Peso, it was nice using you

Asus ROG G531GT : i7-9750H - GTX 1650M +700mem - MSI RX6600 Armor 8G M.2 eGPU - Samsung 16+8GB PC4-2666 - Samsung 860 EVO 500G 2.5" - 1920x1080@145Hz (172Hz) IPS panel

Family PC : i5-4570 (-125mV) - cheap dual-pipe cooler - Gigabyte Z87M-HD3 Rev1.1 - Kingston HyperX Fury 4x4GB PC3-1600 - Corsair VX450W - an old Thermaltake ATX case

Test bench 1 G3260 - i5-4690K - 6-pipe cooler - Asus Z97-AR - Panram Blue Lightsaber 2x4GB PC3-2800 - Micron CT500P1SSD8 NVMe - Intel SSD320 40G SSD

iMac 21.5" (late 2011) : i5-2400S, HD 6750M 512MB - Samsung 4x4GB PC3-1333 - WT200 512G SSD (High Sierra) - 1920x1080@60 LCD

Test bench 2: G3260 - H81M-C - Kingston 2x4GB PC3-1600 - Winten WT200 512G

Acer Z5610 "Theatre" C2 Quad Q9550 - G45 Express - 2x2GB PC3-1333 (Samsung) - 1920x1080@60Hz Touch LCD - great internal speakers

9 hours ago, thekingofmonks said:

Goodbye Argentinian Peso, it was nice using you

Try Turkish Lira. Even after this hike prices should be at least 50-60% down from US/EU.

Also, hm, cleaning. There goes the work for researching the basis for my inflation comment.

On 10/27/2022 at 4:32 PM, strajk- said:

Activision laughed, they don't follow that pricing anyways and neither do they do regional pricing.

They're basically asking the equivalent of 300-450$ from someone in Argentina to buy the new MW2

Yeah but.. who cares? Valve is not based in Argentina. They are based in a rich country. Do you seriously think they care if they get a couple of cents from someone in Argentina?

They are losing more money from rich countries using this loophole than from poor people paying them pennies for games. The only reason they even deal in poor countries is not for profit but rather why not. 

2 hours ago, Gamer Schnitzel said:

Yeah but.. who cares? Valve is not based in Argentina. They are based in a rich country. Do you seriously think they care if they get a couple of cents from someone in Argentina?

They are losing more money from rich countries using this loophole than from poor people paying them pennies for games. The only reason they even deal in poor countries is not for profit but rather why not. 

Then activision won’t sell games in Argentina because paying that much is insane.  I suspect the vast majority of steam users play only free games so it won’t matter.  As for the others,   Some time ago I figured out that a person should only have one game per account, but many accounts, so the games would remain resaleable.  If activision is doing that it’s a simple matter to look for some non Argentinian that has figured that out too, and simply buy the account from him/her.  Problem solved. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

4 hours ago, Gamer Schnitzel said:

[ Citation needed ]