just

say

bing

b-I-n-g?

evacuate immediately

Apprentice Software Developer

11 hours ago, FlyingPotato_is_taken said:

Also the first bing search result:

Imagine going to a store that has no posted prices and the workers tell you to bing the price of the stuff.  

How much is this carrot?  Bing it.

How much is this chair?  Bing it.

F*ck that.

2 hours ago, Erioch said:

Imagine going to a store that has no posted prices and the workers tell you to bing the price of the stuff.  

F*ck that.

And when you do eventually find the price and decide you don't want it, they chase you around the store with a carrot telling you that you can have it for a discount!

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.3b07dc7e18b179ce182a73511e45eb1a(Small).jpg.862132466ee7272fdac7c312cc2f3df2.jpg

Primary Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 5 5600 CPU, Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI mITX motherboard, PNY XLR8 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 500GB SSD (boot), Corsair Force 3 480GB SSD (games), XFX RX 5700 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 202 HTPC Case, Corsair SF 450 W 80+ Gold SFX PSU, Windows 11 Pro, Dell S2719DGF 27.0" 2560x1440 155 Hz Monitor, Corsair K68 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard (MX Brown), Logitech G900 CHAOS SPECTRUM Wireless Mouse, Logitech G533 Headset

HTPC/Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 7 3700X CPU, ASRock B450M Pro4 mATX Motherboard, ADATA XPG GAMMIX D20 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 1TB SSD (boot), 2x Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" HDD (data), Seagate BarraCuda 4 TB 3.5" HDD (DVR), PowerColor RX VEGA 56 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 804 mATX Case, Cooler Master MasterWatt 550 W 80+ Bronze Semi-modular ATX PSU, Silverstone SST-SOB02 Blu-Ray Writer, Windows 11 Pro, Logitech K400 Plus Keyboard, Corsair K63 Lapboard Combo (MX Red w/Blue LED), Logitech G603 Wireless Mouse, Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger Headset, HAUPPAUGE WinTV-quadHD TV Tuner, Samsung 65RU9000 TV

4 hours ago, Erioch said:

F*ck that.

This was how some Apple stores and fancy design stores tried to operate here. No price tags, only way to google or ask from clerk. Just that... its illegal. The fancy design store tried it again after getting warning, ended up paying some fees for trying to be smarta**.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

30 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

This was how some Apple stores and fancy design stores tried to operate here. No price tags, only way to google or ask from clerk. Just that... its illegal. The fancy design store tried it again after getting warning, ended up paying some fees for trying to be smarta**.

but sir my iphone 15 pro max deluxe 5g fold is priceless

By reading this, you're entering a contract that says you have to visit my profile.

On the Ugreen sponsor that was in the "tech under $100" video - I literally returned one of the exact unit advertised to Amazon (3 port 65W GAN wall charger) just the other day, because it turned out that it actually couldn't deliver 65W as advertised. When my Surface Pro 9 was plugged into it, with no other devices plugged in, it topped out at 20W. Replaced it with a SlimQ wall charger and that did deliver the rated spec to the same device over the same cables.

Additionally, whenever a new device was plugged into it or unplugged from it, it disconnected and re-connected all charging devices, which isn't really harmful but was very annoying. And the SlimQ doesn't do that either.

It was rather disappointing since Ugreen was being touted as as good as Anker, not least by LTT, but no Anker product I've had has behaved like that before or been below spec in that way.

19 minutes ago, LumpyCrumpet said:

On the Ugreen sponsor that was in the "tech under $100" video - I literally returned one of the exact unit advertised to Amazon (3 port 65W GAN wall charger) just the other day, because it turned out that it actually couldn't deliver 65W as advertised. When my Surface Pro 9 was plugged into it, with no other devices plugged in, it topped out at 20W. Replaced it with a SlimQ wall charger and that did deliver the rated spec to the same device over the same cables.

Additionally, whenever a new device was plugged into it or unplugged from it, it disconnected and re-connected all charging devices, which isn't really harmful but was very annoying. And the SlimQ doesn't do that either.

It was rather disappointing since Ugreen was being touted as as good as Anker, not least by LTT, but no Anker product I've had has behaved like that before or been below spec in that way.

I have the same 65w ugreen GAN charger, and it gives ~60w (~20v at ~3.0a, as tested with a USB-C passthough volt/amp tester) to my Asus Zephyrus G14 laptop just fine.

How did you measure the power provided?

5 hours ago, LumpyCrumpet said:

I can believe it. I bought a new USB-C to USB-C cable off Ugreen following LTT's glowing recommendation - only for it to last a couple of weeks.

It was £13 so I'm not going to kick up a huge fuss over it, but I'm still very disappointed. It looks like I'm regrettably going to have to go back to Anker products.

Only Ugreen product I don't like:

Ethernet cables if there is strain on the cable the clear plastic locking top slips ontop of the black rubber preventing removal.

image.thumb.png.61f4bcca74120d2f683de02bb3e2905c.png

Ethernet locking taps are difficult so it kind of is just the normal it sucks. Regardless there are companies that figured out how to build them properly.

Overall their product make a high quality impression  and work (e.g. USB CF-card reader) and at least with the NAS project there software team is also on the right path.

image.png

People never go out of business.

17 hours ago, ImNiightt said:

I can believe it. I bought a new USB-C to USB-C cable off Ugreen following LTT's glowing recommendation - only for it to last a couple of weeks.

It was £13 so I'm not going to kick up a huge fuss over it, but I'm still very disappointed. It looks like I'm regrettably going to have to go back to Anker products.

Honestly, no regrets here - everything I've had from Anker has been rock solid. I get Linus has a moral stance around the Eufy cam stuff but not buying really good chargers and cables because of it feels a bit baby-out-with-bathwater.

2 hours ago, LumpyCrumpet said:

Honestly, no regrets here - everything I've had from Anker has been rock solid. I get Linus has a moral stance around the Eufy cam stuff but not buying really good chargers and cables because of it feels a bit baby-out-with-bathwater.

I sort of agree but sort of don't.

Anker has absolutely been rock solid in terms of product quality, and similarily to you, I've never really had an issue with anything they've made.

I'd prefer not to be supporting them for outright lying to consumers and then following it up with a copout of an "apology", but my background is in cybersecurity so perhaps it's more personal for me, but to do that successfully then Ugreen needs to be matching, if not beating Anker in terms of product quality and unfortunately right now I don't see them being able to do this.

I signed up for CoPilot (workout one, there are too many "copilot" apps/ai/etc) and had 2 trainers quit within a week. Anybody else having issues with it like that? Is the company having troubles or did I get unlucky?

1 hour ago, mmammel said:

I signed up for CoPilot (workout one, there are too many "copilot" apps/ai/etc) and had 2 trainers quit within a week. Anybody else having issues with it like that? Is the company having troubles or did I get unlucky?

Hey! Thanks for your comment here.

DM me, and I can assist 🙂

@mynameGeoff Hey Geoff, did you read site 55? Because there are a lot of unanswered questions ... feels like nobody cares ...

5 hours ago, jammsen said:

@mynameGeoff Hey Geoff, did you read site 55? Because there are a lot of unanswered questions ... feels like nobody cares ...

All of those have been replied to, see:

https://linustechtips.com/topic/1562779-weekly-sponsor-concerns-update-mar-15-2024 for SecretLab and Laifen

https://linustechtips.com/topic/1563865-weekly-sponsor-concerns-update-mar-22-2024 for Copilot

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

TBF they didn't acknowledge me asking why they still promote SecretLab on the WAN show, and they said they just don't care how sponsors run their social media lol

On 1/27/2024 at 3:17 PM, Cobertt said:

Concerns regarding Epomaker’s sponsorship. 

hello! I’m a long time watcher, back in the NCIX days. I’ve been in the Mechanical Keyboard hobby since 2008 and currently moderate /r/mechanicalkeyboards. In the past I’ve been in direct contact with Plouffe via X formerly twitter, however I felt it pertinent to address this here. Epomaker was a recent sponsor on the scorpion chair. We felt that it was necessary to inform your team that Epomaker has a long standing ban on Reddit for quite a few anti consumer practices. I have a lot of respect for LTT and feel that it’s necessary to raise these concerns as Epomaker does not fit the mold for a quality sponsor. I’ve included links to previous Reddit posts regarding Epomaker that I feel is important. If you have any other questions, please feel to reach out here or through Reddit/Discord. My account is Cobertt on all platforms. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/s/jzsX83iCsq

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/s/AGHQvHk3Ea

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/s/5Qs6euKi2h

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/s/Wl6tXw9mLk

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/s/zH7yFYMsax

Did this ever get addressed? They just touted their new partnership with Epomaker custom keycaps on last night's WAN Show...

Edit: Luke said "We worked with EPOS to make these custom key caps"...is that Epomaker or am I mistaken? I can't find any company called "epos" but when I heard that I immediately remembered this issue

Edited by jtaylor991
Elaborate

33 minutes ago, jtaylor991 said:

Did this ever get addressed? They just touted their new partnership with Epomaker custom keycaps on last night's WAN Show...

Edit: Luke said "We worked with EPOS to make these custom key caps"...is that Epomaker or am I mistaken? I can't find any company called "epos" but when I heard that I immediately remembered this issue

Apos. https://apos.audio/products/linus-tech-tips-keycaps

I would really appreciate it if next time you specified whether a sponsor deal is only available in certain regions. I couldn't figure out why I wasn't able to get the Green Man Gaming deal while so many people said it worked fine. So I spent time troubleshooting and eventually contacted support, who eventually told me it was not available in my region. 

Do you guys have problems with ugreen product and their customer support?

Because tbh I just feel like I was scammed by them.

I bought 25000 mah powerbank from ugreen canada website on January 30. On February 2 I receive my order and the powerbank was DOA. It would not charge at all and stay at 0%. I Contacted them by using their "live chat" on their website. They were slow to respond, It took multiple days to response to every single message, but after sending fews video they send me a replacement.

On February 14 I just got the replacement one. Work great. Nothing to say about that, but it didn't last long. 

A week and a haft later, the USB A port et USB C2 port stopped working and the powerbank is now continuously turning on which causes the power bank to discharge itself even if I don't use it. (Roughly 40% per day).

I contacted the customer support on their website again and after some videos send to proof the problem they told me they send a replacement one and give me the tracking number. When I entered the tracking number on 17track app on my phone, it won't add up because I just got that tracking a week before for something else. I asked them if they were sure that was the correct tracking number since I got it for something else a week before and they told me yes.

Two weeks later, I still receive nothing, so I contacted them again and told them that I still waiting for the replacement to show up and that I don't think this is the correct tracking number. 

Their answer was that they won't send me a replacement and will not refund me since I already got a replacement and they do not warranty the replacement.

And now they just ghost me.

So now, less than 2 months since original purchase, I just got 2 defective powerbank for the price of one.. that's sucks...

Which is expensive by the way..

I'm unsure where to stick this, but it appears Tello is taking the end-roll ads from videos and repubbing them as YT ADs: 

(notice the "link in description!" text box which doesn't make sense in the context of an AD as it wouldn't be available)

Proof of it being used as an AD:image.thumb.jpeg.510ea949019850cb2b8c3d380c63f101.jpeg

49 minutes ago, pigalex23 said:

I'm unsure where to stick this, but it appears Tello is taking the end-roll ads from videos and repubbing them as YT ADs: 

(notice the "link in description!" text box which doesn't make sense in the context of an AD as it wouldn't be available)

Proof of it being used as an AD:image.thumb.jpeg.510ea949019850cb2b8c3d380c63f101.jpeg

Realistically, this one was probably approved by LMG. Note how the title of the video doesn't indicate a "review" like most other instances of this do indicate.

gosh it is hard to take a person seriously with this font-

By reading this, you're entering a contract that says you have to visit my profile.

7 hours ago, pigalex23 said:

This was addressed before:

With ads using LTT video spots, there's always high possibility that company has paid LMG for external use of the spot and/or even commissioned LMG to produce the video. Like Cisco showcase some time ago. If you go back couple of years, there are actual ads made by LMG for hardware manufacturers.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

A sponsor that I feel is not suited for LMG is AG1.
Linus is very careful not to call shoes "waterproof", but he just reads all the claims AG1 provides?
If you eat "normal/healthy", you don't need AG1 at all. Little to none of their claims are actually scientifically proven, or stated in a misleading way.

Here is a german podcast going through studies, trying to verify their claims: