LMG Sponsor Complaints

CPotter
1 hour ago, QwertyChouskie said:

The Discord, however, is; and the Discord is the topic of discussion here.

If the Discord is official, then Secret Labs needs to stop trying to silence criticism.  If it is not official, Secret Labs needs to clarify such and stop promoting it (e.g. in the official linktree) as if it were official.

Either way, Secret Labs is doing something very, VERY wrong here.

Yup, they also banned me from their facebook page after I simply posted a picture of my chair with no comment lol. 

While I'm commenting I gotta say I'm pretty disappointed that LTT continues to 'silently' advertise for Secret Lab on the WAN show, despite the very public dropping of them as a sponsor for the foreseeable future due to their conduct. It would be akin to LTT using ANKER branded products every video without specifically mentioning it. 

image.thumb.png.868b41f4869f37c3728b2dfbcd7014c4.png

24 minutes ago, Haredeenee said:

While I'm commenting I gotta say I'm pretty disappointed that LTT continues to 'silently' advertise for Secret Lab on the WAN show, despite the very public dropping of them as a sponsor for the foreseeable future due to their conduct. It would be akin to LTT using ANKER branded products every video without specifically mentioning it. 

image.thumb.png.868b41f4869f37c3728b2dfbcd7014c4.png

Just because a company makes a fault and LMG doesn’t let that company sponsor LMG anymore doesn’t mean that they have to stop using their products. 

Linus hates most Apple products, but he dailies the AirPods Pro’s.

By reading this, you're entering a contract that says you have to visit my profile.

12 hours ago, GoStormPlays said:

Just because a company makes a fault and LMG doesn’t let that company sponsor LMG anymore doesn’t mean that they have to stop using their products. 

Linus hates most Apple products, but he dailies the AirPods Pro’s.

I’m pretty sure he’s said he still uses the Anker products he bought before dropping them too.

Throwing out perfectly working products doesn’t punish the company that made them.

17 minutes ago, Sunoo said:

I’m pretty sure he’s said he still uses the Anker products he bought before dropping them too.

Why was Anker dropped anyway? That was a little before my time on the forum, I’m afraid.

By reading this, you're entering a contract that says you have to visit my profile.

4 minutes ago, GoStormPlays said:

Why was Anker dropped anyway? That was a little before my time on the forum, I’m afraid.

Here's a good write up.

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

6 hours ago, Sunoo said:

Throwing out perfectly working products doesn’t punish the company that made them.

Sure, but like my post said. If they publicly advertised that they continued to use them in their videos.

Like, slap some tape over the secret lab logo or something, it just makes it feel as if they only dropped them due to the public outcry, not because they didn't agree with their terrible business practices. 

Laifen does not sell replacement heads for their toothbrushes, when contacted about this they said that they will be available for sale "soon" when asked for a price they ghosted me. Selling a product with proprietary consumables that are not available, have no clear timeline for availability, and not disclosing price of said necessary consumable is not okay.

Edit: They got back to me:

Sorry that we also don't have the price info.

35 minutes ago, Nardella said:

Laifen does not sell replacement heads for their toothbrushes, when contacted about this they said that they will be available for sale "soon" when asked for a price they ghosted me. Selling a product with proprietary consumables that are not available, have no clear timeline for availability, and not disclosing price of said necessary consumable is not okay.

Weird.  I see them on their website but they're currently out of stock.

36 minutes ago, Erioch said:

Weird.  I see them on their website but they're currently out of stock.

Got a link? I can't find it. Edit: I found it through google, it's not on the Canadian site though. On the US site is it simultaneously in stock and sold out.

image.png.2a8e388b323230f2c9430301d6f5759d.png

I asked about shipping cost on a second shipment as at least two would be required to get a brush and heads while still getting the introductory discount. They stated that all shipments are free, that combined with the pricing available on the US site and the refund policy means that this issue has been resolved to a moderate degree of acceptability. Ideally it would be possible to purchase refills at launch knowing the exact price, but as it is now I'm okay with things.

13 hours ago, Nardella said:

On the US site is it simultaneously in stock and sold out.

perhaps it's a different type of stock

3388rw.webp.cb933c3c8be9871fcf5a76103c40abba.webp

14 hours ago, Nardella said:

Laifen does not sell replacement heads for their toothbrushes, when contacted about this they said that they will be available for sale "soon" when asked for a price they ghosted me.

I'd try contacting them again and showing them the US listing.

Copilot seems to purposefully obscure any pricing information. Without going through their signup process, I had to get pricing info from a third party, as it was not available on their website that I could find. 

31 minutes ago, mle12189 said:

Copilot seems to purposefully obscure any pricing information. Without going through their signup process, I had to get pricing info from a third party, as it was not available on their website that I could find. 

This is true. Only place on their website where I can find something sort of pricing is at store and with gift cards. Where base is $99 and based on 3-month card, that is for 1 month.

With this sponsor, it seems like LMG has taken a nap when choosing sponsors. The T&C of this company is full of pointless copy-paste stuff and then some bit worrying terms. Like about price changes. They do have "we will give you notice", but they haven't given minimum timeframe (which should be 30-days to give time to cancel). Also, the fact that they ask for very personal information BEFORE registering account adding to the prices not being shown. They could be collecting data, and being US company, once your data is there, you don't have control over it.

If this would be EU company, most of the stuff above would be illegal. 

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Yes i wanted to report this too, they ask personal data before creating an account and then they want your personal identifialbale data before you ANYWHERE getting the information about how much the service is costing. Thats is a bit no-go in Germany and on mutible stages illegal by law.

There is no information on their website what so ever, about pricing anywhere even in the FAQ, the google result about "how much does mycopilot.com cost" shows in the instant-answers 99$/month which isnt technically wrong but it is acutally wrong, the post directs to their FAQ site, which means the price was in there when google indexed it a time ago, but now its gone, why? All that is not transparent to the customer to remove critical data.

When you now ask in Chat (if that even works, i bugged 5 times out on me in 3 different browsers) then you get the info its 297$/every 3 monts, which is a lot in onetime payment and you need to know that to balance your accounts. All that data is intransparent and NOWHERE to be found on their website.

Because i was then in chat already and admittedly somewhat frustrated after like searching for infos fpr 20minutes in talked to a chat person about this and have screenshots about this. If Mods or LTT persons want thoose im happy to transfer them over privately but i wont openly post them here and get someone in trouble.

Judging on German-Living laws and values, have to ask, are they actively hiding stuff from you, while they need you to be open/honest and transparent about the most personal stuff and medical data? Why is the first impression i get from them beeing shady and intransparent?

TL;DR:
I was REALLY hyped to get into this and try this out, now i very mad, not sure if i ever can trust this company with my health-data and feel even horrible to write this post complaining about this 😢

2 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

With this sponsor, it seems like LMG has taken a nap when choosing sponsors.

I like how every week they claim the internally vet every sponsor they're considering but I guess "vet" just means "how much will we get paid".

3 minutes ago, Erioch said:

"how much will we get paid".

we'll tell you

right after this message from our sponsor!

1 hour ago, jammsen said:

Because i was then in chat already and admittedly somewhat frustrated after like searching for infos fpr 20minutes in talked to a chat person about this and have screenshots about this. If Mods or LTT persons want thoose im happy to transfer them over privately but i wont openly post them here and get someone in trouble.

Moderation isn't working for LMG. And this is LMG business. We only deal with things happening on forums.

1 hour ago, jammsen said:

Judging on German-Living laws and values, have to ask, are they actively hiding stuff from you, while they need you to be open/honest and transparent about the most personal stuff and medical data? Why is the first impression i get from them beeing shady and intransparent?

Its US-based company that operates under US/Pensylvania laws. While you as EU/German citizen can buy their products, you aren't as well protected with laws since they don't have actual business in your country. In US, consumer protection isn't as big as its in EU or other "western" regions. They do it because they can, there's no active laws telling no and no government run office to investigate, prosecute or fine them. Why LMG doesn't check this kinds of basic things, thats beyond my understanding. They did "secret shop" sponsors some time ago. But basic things like checking how website looks when you are not spoon-fed talking points should be part of first vet of any sponsor.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Pretty irritated with CoPilot as well. Went through the sign up process to see the price (annoying, but whatever), stopped after getting paired with a trainer because I couldn't afford the roughly $110 a month. Little too much for me, no big deal, kind of what I expected

I have since gotten several text messages after the fact trying to push me into a membership with them, including them trying to entice me with a discount. Just blocked the number and am gonna block the email too for when those start coming as well.

Hard pass man.

I know that in the sponsor spot it was implied that Adam was using CoPilot. I also know that Adam said he was using Coach Nate as his trainer, but Nate is the first trainer listed on the page out of HUNDREDS of trainers. I think the chances of Adam by chance just using the first trainer on the "coaches" section of the site out of the hundreds on there are pretty slim. It seems much more likely that Adam actually using CoPilot is a lie.

Idk it's just a haunch. 

On 3/17/2024 at 8:21 PM, mle12189 said:

1.) Click the chatbot icon on their website.

2.) Ask for the price

[Auto-Reply] Hi! It looks like you had a question about CoPilot pricing.

CoPilot is $99 USD/month (billed as $297 USD every 3 months) for unlimited 1-on-1 coaching after a 14-day FREE trial. 

That price includes your own dedicated coach, a personalized workout program created and updated by your coach according to your needs, unlimited messaging and video calls with your coach, and access to the CoPilot app to do the guided workouts.

Please leave your name and email, and a representative will respond as soon as possible.

Also the first bing search result:

image.png.790a1dd7435f324049585774b0905d84.png

People never go out of business.

21 minutes ago, FlyingPotato_is_taken said:

image.png.790a1dd7435f324049585774b0905d84.png

Sir

did

you

just

say

bing

b-I-n-g?

22 minutes ago, FlyingPotato_is_taken said:
On 3/17/2024 at 3:21 PM, mle12189 said:

1.) Click the chatbot icon on their website

I mean yeah you can do that, but why would you want people to talk to a chatbot to learn your pricing? Why not just put it on the site?

On 3/18/2024 at 10:57 PM, FlyingPotato_is_taken said:

1.) Click the chatbot icon on their website.

2.) Ask for the price

This shouldn't be necessary. It's shitty anti-consumer business practice to hide your pricing behind signups. 

Also did you go to that page that's being returned in Bing? The pricing info isn't listed there at all. I'm assuming that Bing is using a cached version, meaning that they previously published the cost on the FAQ, but intentionally decided to remove it. 

This isn't an oversight. It's purposefully done to harvest your data before you have an opportunity to make a decision if the piece is palatable. It's gross.

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

6 hours ago, Waldo226 said:

Pretty irritated with CoPilot as well. Went through the sign up process to see the price (annoying, but whatever), stopped after getting paired with a trainer because I couldn't afford the roughly $110 a month. Little too much for me, no big deal, kind of what I expected

I have since gotten several text messages after the fact trying to push me into a membership with them, including them trying to entice me with a discount. Just blocked the number and am gonna block the email too for when those start coming as well.

Hard pass man.

The price is competitive. If you compare it to f2f service and expectation of weekly sessions. Here prices start at €250/mo. It's expensive if you aren't into sports or hard on wanting to get shape or lose weight.

The second part is another problem. You giving permission to marketing emails/calls should be clearly marked choice. Not having that, another illegal thing in EU. Though, as you went through, was there option in profile settings for it? If this happens BEFORE completing process, it means that they do collect data while you are clicking through. So with emails and txts, if they continue after you have explicitly asked to stop, that's biggest problem. With smaller ones being aggressively marketing before you tell you don't want to have such contact.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv