LMG Sponsor Complaints

CPotter
Posted (edited)

I have a concern regarding Vessi, though not directly related to the brand itself.

Vessi isn't currently exporting to Europe. However, when I search for Vessi shoes in Germany or the Netherlands using Google, I come across websites like https://www.vessiinederland.com/ that seem to be copying the original Vessi website.

These sites are offering unreasonable discounts on everything, and although I haven't ordered from them myself, I've found complaints about these sites online.

Perhaps it could be highlighted on the WAN Show, especially when Vessi is sponsoring the show, that such websites exist, and European fans are unable to order Vessi shoes as things stand.

EDIT: I forgot a clear mention that I am sure that these sites are SCAM and not associated with Vessi

Edited by vincentv

4 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

This was addressed before:

With ads using LTT video spots, there's always high possibility that company has paid LMG for external use of the spot and/or even commissioned LMG to produce the video. Like Cisco showcase some time ago. If you go back couple of years, there are actual ads made by LMG for hardware manufacturers.

Ah, I dug through the sponsor discussions trying to see if there was anything on Tello and didn't see anything. Thanks for this though!

Maybe there could be a megathread called "sponsors approved to run ADs using our likeness"?

11 hours ago, GoStormPlays said:

Realistically, this one was probably approved by LMG. Note how the title of the video doesn't indicate a "review" like most other instances of this do indicate.

gosh it is hard to take a person seriously with this font-

This is a serious website, GoStorm. You should be taking this discussion seriously. The seriousity of this forum should be taken seriously whether it be in Comic Sans or Time New Roman.

1 minute ago, vincentv said:

I have a concern regarding Vessi, though not directly related to the brand itself.

Vessi isn't currently exporting to Europe. However, when I search for Vessi shoes in Germany or the Netherlands using Google, I come across websites like https://www.vessiinederland.com/ that seem to be copying the original Vessi website.

These sites are offering unreasonable discounts on everything, and although I haven't ordered from them myself, I've found complaints about these sites online.

Perhaps it could be highlighted on the WAN Show, especially when Vessi is sponsoring the show, that such websites exist, and European fans are unable to order Vessi shoes as things stand.

These are scam websites. They have no affiliation to Vessi. Only purchase from vessi.com

If they do not ship to your country reach out to the customer support on the official site https://vessi.com/pages/contact and ask if there are any authorised sellers. As far as I know they only sell within North America. They also have a list of authorised retailers (NA only): https://vessi.com/pages/retailers

If Vessi does not sell in Europe then any website claiming to be Vessi selling in those regions is a scam.

I have seen several complaints regarding scam websites impersonating Vessi. For whatever reason the Vessi brand seems like a popular target for scammers. Likely because they're a brand that is heavily promoted on social media and by influencers and likely also because they aren't available in all regions creating demand for the product in regions they do not ship to that the scammers can market to.
Here's an older post on the forum from somebody who was scammed by one of these websites. Instead of receiving shoes they received a cheap hat. It's not the only case of scammers impersonating Vessi I've seen though.
https://linustechtips.com/topic/1428939-lmg-sponsor-complaints/?do=findComment&comment=15996291

There's only so much LMG (and Vessi) can do to stop scammers impersonating the brand, but like you suggested I think it would be worthwhile calling it out and mentioning to only buy from the official store.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

On 3/20/2024 at 12:55 PM, LumpyCrumpet said:

On the Ugreen sponsor that was in the "tech under $100" video - I literally returned one of the exact unit advertised to Amazon (3 port 65W GAN wall charger) just the other day, because it turned out that it actually couldn't deliver 65W as advertised. When my Surface Pro 9 was plugged into it, with no other devices plugged in, it topped out at 20W. Replaced it with a SlimQ wall charger and that did deliver the rated spec to the same device over the same cables.

Additionally, whenever a new device was plugged into it or unplugged from it, it disconnected and re-connected all charging devices, which isn't really harmful but was very annoying. And the SlimQ doesn't do that either.

It was rather disappointing since Ugreen was being touted as as good as Anker, not least by LTT, but no Anker product I've had has behaved like that before or been below spec in that way.

You may have just gotten a faulty one, I have one and it's great. I use it for an hp laptop and charges at the same rate as the 65watt wall charger it came with. I even bought one of their 100watt usb c battery banks and both have been great.

1 hour ago, pigalex23 said:

This is a serious website, GoStorm. You should be taking this discussion seriously. The seriousity of this forum should be taken seriously whether it be in Comic Sans or Time New Roman.

You’re right, I seriously should be more serious.

1 hour ago, Spotty said:

These are scam websites. They have no affiliation to Vessi. Only purchase from vessi.com

I find it kinda odd that someone would impersonate Vessi. I mean, if you’re trying to impersonate a company, there’s a lot bigger fish to fry. 

By reading this, you're entering a contract that says you have to visit my profile.

Maybe not a major thing yet, but currently in the warranty process with SecretLabs after my chairs Soft Rollerblade Castors started spitting out ball bearings everywhere.

On their website they clearly state a maximum load of 100kgs and that they only support the small and regular sizes of the Secretlab TITAN Evo Series chair.

If I had seen this when I ordered, I would not have bought these chairs castors. I looked up using the internet archives way back machine and saw that:

1. The large chair was specifically excluded starting on a snapshot from the 22nd October 2023,
  2. The weight limit was later reduced in an update with earliest snapshot 7th of March 2024.

There were plenty of snapshots between my pre order date (November 2022) and when the item was delivered (Feb 2023) where SecretLab site just shows they support all chairs and up to 130Kg loads.

I have tried giving them this information outside of a warranty process because I wanted to see if they had any public messaging on this, but they keep telling me they cant do anything about finding why this change was, when it happened, and why they arent telling existing customers.

Still yet to see how the warranty process goes but this freaked me out initially as I thought I had missed information and voided my warranty on my expensive chair.

Happy to provide more proof if necessary 🙂 , (including screenshots of the web archive I got, I know it can be a bit finicky)

Thanks,

Fjjfjfj

Edit: Wouldnt have bough the castors, had the chairs a little earlier.
Additionally, going through the warranty process for the chair as the tips of the castor wheels are physically stuck inside of the chair, so I can get any other wheel in. Have tried getting them out but they do seem stuck and while I should be under warranty, I dont want to do any more damage to the chair.

Let me know how that goes @Fjjfjfj, my experience with secretlab has been nothing short of garbage, so much so that it was one of the main causes of LTT completely dropping them as a sponsor due to their actions. The CS is positively useless, my leading theory is that their customer support agents are given a lashing for every dollar that is spent honouring their warranty.

On 4/1/2024 at 10:20 PM, Fjjfjfj said:

If I had seen this when I ordered, I would not have bought these chairs castors. I looked up using the internet archives way back machine and saw that:

1. The large chair was specifically excluded starting on a snapshot from the 22nd October 2023,
  2. The weight limit was later reduced in an update with earliest snapshot 7th of March 2024.

I was curious enough to internet archive it, here are the two sites: 

December 2022:

image.png.be72c01e9681eb52263525dfe13e8896.png

Live site: 

image.png.61b56721eab3a8d98018c35a103e2cf9.png

Honestly, selling casters that don't support close to 25% of Americans is unacceptable on it's own. Right now on Amazon you can purchase casters that support literally 3x the weight for less money.

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

1 hour ago, Skipple said:

Honestly, selling casters that don't support close to 25% of Americans is unacceptable on it's own. Right now on Amazon you can purchase casters that support literally 3x the weight for less money.

SecretLab LOVES wiggling out of their obligations, and I imagine this is a loophole they will use. Oh you were slightly over the weight we listed? No warranty for you! 

They will also accuse you of misusing or abusing them lol 

2 hours ago, Skipple said:

Its not American company which might explain why having bigger customers might come as shock to them. Amazon is American company so they should know what kind of customer base is using their warehouse. And if chairs use regular mounting for casters, its very easy to replace them. And get better ones.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Posted (edited)

Hey team,

Update on Secret labs.

They have agreed to send me out a new wheel base, at least this will get me chair working again for the meantime.

I will continue to prod them for answers on why they have mislead consumers. I live in Australia and they have mislead me on the claims of their product which goes against consumer protections we have here.

Also before all of this, I had ordered a desk from them but have since cancelled the order citing bad customer service. Will be finding the right place in this forum for better suggestions.

Thanks everyone!

Fjjfjfj

Edited by Fjjfjfj
I cant spell Haha

15 hours ago, Fjjfjfj said:

Hey team,

Update on Secret labs.

They have agreed to send me out a new wheel base, at least this will get me chair working again for the meantime.

I will continue to prod them for answers on why they have mislead consumers. I live in Australia and they have mislead me on the claims of their product which goes against consumer protections we have here.

Also before all of this, I had ordered a desk from them but have since cancelled the order citing bad customer service. Will be finding the right place in this forum for better suggestions.

Thanks everyone!

Fjjfjfj

When you say wheel base, you mean a whole new bottom section yeah?  From what I can tell from the casters, they're the cheap kind that permanently click into the feet of the chair and you cant remove. 

On 4/5/2024 at 2:13 AM, Haredeenee said:

When you say wheel base, you mean a whole new bottom section yeah?  From what I can tell from the casters, they're the cheap kind that permanently click into the feet of the chair and you cant remove. 

Yea quite possibly, although the original castors came out just fine (used them for much less though).

Also they had played off how easy it was to get the wheel base off with this video, which says you need a pipe wrench and an Allan key that proceed to not get used in the video, then the guy gives the chair with a soft whack (holding the wrong side of the mallet...) and the base pops off... I can tell you, that thing does not pop off like that. My wife was concerned with how hard I was hitting the chair 😅. Thankfully now they are sending hydraulics and the seat tilt mechanism too.

And they have finally agreed to give me a refund for the castors! (I can only assume because I have been hassling them so much). However they still dont really see why Im annoyed.

Have raised a complaint with the New South Wales Fair Trading complaint and waiting to hear back from them. Still want them to notify all customers and inform them of the limit change and offer refunds (although if anything happens, its likely to be scoped to Australia... but we will see)

At least, for now, there is progress 🙂

I get they're edgy, but this is just yikes... bit far? - Noticed lots of people tagging Linus / LTT on Twitter over it so, just placing this here. 

6 minutes ago, Kalamordis said:

I get they're edgy, but this is just blatant racism. 

Yeah I'm honestly surprised they partner with the d-bag all the time. they sell overpriced stickers. the one time I had to use their CS they told me to try to fix their product that was damaged in shipping myself lol. Like bro, it would've been covered by the shipping service you used. 

edit

Looks like they are doubling, and tripling down

image.png.ab0c989c3822454d70b4d0b1a01b9f14.png

image.png.2a9a5c30b129d3c7a5b11beddf279a5b.png

5 minutes ago, Kalamordis said:

I get they're edgy, but this is just blatant racism. 

Basically, admitting to making fun of a foreign name.. There is a line between rude and funny and it has been drawn

4 hours ago, Zenull said:

Basically, admitting to making fun of a foreign name.. There is a line between rude and funny and it has been drawn

It's not even funny.  Money is money.

If dbrand wants to be edgy then whatever but making fun of an Indian last name in this way just seems so utterly stupid. While it's probably not racially motivated by any means it does come across and look as incredibly racist. And the fact that they know it looks racist and choose to still double triple down does make it actually kinda racist. At the very least they don't care if people see them as racist.

Honestly if dbrand don't care that their brand is seen as racist that should be a giant red flag. Is this the response to allegations of racism that LMG expects of its brand partners? I know if LMG don't take action in response to this I'll be letting LMG sponsors know what LMG stands for when it comes to these topics. I imagine brands won't be happy being advertised alongside a company that has no problem associating their brand with racism.

of all the companies i wanted to have controversy, why did it have to be dbrandddd

By reading this, you're entering a contract that says you have to visit my profile.

I found something else that also shows dbrand in a horrible light.

This is the response to themselves that they're referencing:

If you don't get an apology when going through non twitter support channels then it's no longer an edgy gimmick it's just called being complete assholes.

14 minutes ago, jubjub said:

I found something else that also shows dbrand in a horrible light.

This is the response to themselves that they're referencing:

If you don't get an apology when going through non twitter support channels then it's no longer an edgy gimmick it's just called being complete assholes.

dbrand's edginess is being edgy

Epomaker is refusing to respond to my request for a Refund!

I ordered the RT100 after seeing it on the LTT scorpion chair video on Jan 29th. I have asked for updates about my order 3 times and typically received a response within 24 hours. After waiting 2 and 1/2 months I saw that I could have it in 2 days if I ordered on Amazon. After 3 days of asking for a refund I have still received no reply. Reviews on their own website seem to share the same problem of not getting any refund. I appreciate that LTT isn't doing any more sponsor spots with them until the resolve issues, but I just lost $125 because I relied on them vetting their sponsors ahead of time.

Has anyone else had success in getting a refund?