LMG Sponsor Complaints

CPotter
On 10/2/2023 at 1:58 PM, Sitta said:

Well i got another broken GPU from Asus, After telling me that they fixed my 3080, I got it back, and now I'm having screen flickering and artifacting even on YouTube. I cant afford to send it back to Asus right now so does any one have any ideas?

Allow us to apologize for any inconvenience received at this time and we'll be happy to assist as best as possible. We'll reach out to you via private message to gather additional information and look into this matter further.

On 11/10/2023 at 3:09 PM, Asus_NAsupport said:

Allow us to apologize for any inconvenience received at this time and we'll be happy to assist as best as possible. We'll reach out to you via private message to gather additional information and look into this matter further.

Thanks, though please note i will be updating this forum so people know how they will most likely be treated.

I don't have a complaint about a sponsor, per say. However I would like to complain about the sponsor complaint thread, specifically in regards to the increase of sponsor affiliate accounts that are responding here. If a company affiliate is needing to address a complaint on these forums there is clearly an issue with their internal support processes. While I'm glad that the member is getting their issue addressed (or looked at a second time, at minimum) this should not be considered resolution from LTT's standpoint. A strong look need to be taken into the company's business / support processes.

Similarly to users complaining publicly on Twitter, one should not need to complain here for an issue to be looked at. This forum should not be a legitimate intake method to request support or escalate issues with 3rd party companies nor should it be a tool for these companies to "save face". This forum should be for LTT viewers to speak directly to LTT and let them know a company they work closely with and stand behind has an issue.

LTT has indicated that they treat their relationships with their sponsors and viewers seriously and they stand behind the products and services they advertise on their channels. I believe that is their indent. I don't believe it's helpful to water down this thread with unnamed company representatives attempting to vaguely save face in front of the LTT audience. It is my belief that if this thread is to continue down this path two different results will emerge:

1. Large issues with problematic companies will be obfuscated in a sea of "I'm DMing you to address this." posts. Individual issues may be addressed but systemic problems will remain, go unnoticed, or worse, get buried and ignored.
  2. This thread becomes a legitimate avenue to get support directly from companies. Individuals with unsubstantiated and/or unreasonable complaints will escalate issues here using the weight behind LTT in an attempt to push the results in the way they desire. The thread becomes watered down. 

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

On 8/12/2023 at 5:15 PM, bdjs111 said:

ASUS has a specific model of laptop (UM431d) that has a horrible flaw with the charger. It uses a non-standard barrel charger that is extremely prone to breaking because of how thin it is. I broke my first one (ASUS direct model), and after that I ordered another, and despite being treated very carefully broke again. In total, I have purchased 3 ASUS direct chargers and 3 offbrand chargers, that have all broke within 1-2 months. ASUS has been quite unhelpful in rectifying this issue, and I've been ghosted on various platforms by their support. I don't think sending a new charger will fix an issue like this one, when it clearly will just break again.

We are sorry to see that you are having issues with your charger. This is not the quality expected from Asus and we'll be happy to assist as best as possible. We'll reach out to you via private message to gather additional information and look into this matter further.

9 hours ago, Skipple said:

I don't have a complaint about a sponsor, per say. However I would like to complain about the sponsor complaint thread, specifically in regards to the increase of sponsor affiliate accounts that are responding here. If a company affiliate is needing to address a complaint on these forums there is clearly an issue with their internal support processes. While I'm glad that the member is getting their issue addressed (or looked at a second time, at minimum) this should not be considered resolution from LTT's standpoint. A strong look need to be taken into the company's business / support processes.

Similarly to users complaining publicly on Twitter, one should not need to complain here for an issue to be looked at. This forum should not be a legitimate intake method to request support or escalate issues with 3rd party companies nor should it be a tool for these companies to "save face". This forum should be for LTT viewers to speak directly to LTT and let them know a company they work closely with and stand behind has an issue.

LTT has indicated that they treat their relationships with their sponsors and viewers seriously and they stand behind the products and services they advertise on their channels. I believe that is their indent. I don't believe it's helpful to water down this thread with unnamed company representatives attempting to vaguely save face in front of the LTT audience. It is my belief that if this thread is to continue down this path two different results will emerge:

1. Large issues with problematic companies will be obfuscated in a sea of "I'm DMing you to address this." posts. Individual issues may be addressed but systemic problems will remain, go unnoticed, or worse, get buried and ignored.
  2. This thread becomes a legitimate avenue to get support directly from companies. Individuals with unsubstantiated and/or unreasonable complaints will escalate issues here using the weight behind LTT in an attempt to push the results in the way they desire. The thread becomes watered down. 

On the other hand using this thread to locate internal support problems in a large company like Asus (the worst offender) is a pretty good compromise. 100% on its own I don't think it's enough action to justify keeping sponsors on but if they can show actual process changes that occur from finding problems in this thread that's imo a really good outcome for everyone.

Whether or not using this thread as support escalation is a good thing really depends on the actual details of what happens. If Asus for example can detail exactly what changes they've made so that these support issues don't happen again to LMG imo that's a pretty good outcome. But if they just cherry pick the squeaky wheels then yeah that's not on.

This isn't some sacred thread, it's really not a big deal if there's a bunch of support escalations so long as they don't repeat the same mistakes over and over again. In theory over time the number of posts here will reduce as internal processes improve solving the issue anyway. Or Asus keep being awful and LMG should just drop them but atm I think the situation is actually in a pretty positive state. Let's wait and see a little longer before bringing out the pitchforks again.

2 hours ago, jubjub said:

Asus (the worst offender)

Is Asus the worst offender? Or are they simply the largest company? 

they can show actual process changes that occur from finding problems in this thread that's imo a really good outcome for everyone.

If Asus for example can detail exactly what changes they've made so that these support issues don't happen again to LMG imo that's a pretty good outcome.

If the affiliate accounts where using their platform to report back noting what they were doing differently internally in order to resolve an issue, I would completely agree with you. That's not what's happening. Singular issues are being brought behind the curtain to get resolved

Or Asus keep being awful and LMG should just drop them but atm I think the situation is actually in a pretty positive state.

I'm not sure why you are fixated on Asus, they aren't the only offenders here. 

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

On 11/13/2023 at 8:40 AM, Skipple said:

I don't have a complaint about a sponsor, per say. However I would like to complain about the sponsor complaint thread, specifically in regards to the increase of sponsor affiliate accounts that are responding here.

Hey, Skipple. I encourage you to read the portion about the increase in Industry Affiliate replies in last Friday's Sponsor Concerns Update. We agree that it's not a perfect solution to issues happening with a certain sponsor.

Hi, I wanted to make a complaint about Ugreen, I'm sure lots of their other products are good, but when it comes to there braied usb c to right angle usb c cables I've found that they always break after around 6 months consistently. I'm on my third and my brother is on his second. I only keep buying it because it's the lightest braided usb c cable out there that also DOES NOT have a terrible right angle connector that sticks out too far. I want this cable to be good but it's just gonna be e-waste in half a year every time. Would love to see some change on ugreens end or even you guys test it sometime?

On 11/14/2023 at 5:52 PM, Skipple said:

Is Asus the worst offender? Or are they simply the largest company? 

I'm not sure why you are fixated on Asus, they aren't the only offenders here. 

Significant amounts of this thread is just Asus. They're by far the sponsor with the most complaints it's not even close. Other sponsors can have a decent few complaints but it's normally isolated to a small number of issues over a smaller period of time. People are having issues with Asus going back many years across the whole world it's not just one product or location.

They're the biggest problem and the best choice for an example of what sponsors shouldn't be doing.

9 hours ago, jubjub said:

Significant amounts of this thread is just Asus. They're by far the sponsor with the most complaints it's not even close. Other sponsors can have a decent few complaints but it's normally isolated to a small number of issues over a smaller period of time. People are having issues with Asus going back many years across the whole world it's not just one product or location.

They're the biggest problem and the bemost significantce for an example of what sponsors shouldn't be doing.

Agreed, and the fact that took them this long to have a  rep try and reach out to people is just unacceptable. Although I can't see it happening. I would love to see a full and public pause on any collabs or  sponsorships till they actually can get a handle on all of this stuff and have the people who have been affected say that the issues have been resolved in an appropriate manner.

So asus is still trying to offer me a broken GPU that they said ys brand new. They are also offering me a lower end model to... No asus I got a strix card because I wanted that level of performance. It If I wanted a lower end card I would have gotten it. This time they at least sent a photo of the GPU... Tell me if you believe them when they say that it's brand new. You can clearly see that the product is far from new. 

90YV0FA7 a.jpg

90YV0FA7 b.jpg

90YV0FA7 c.jpg

1 hour ago, Sitta said:

So asus is still trying to offer me a broken GPU that they said ys brand new. They are also offering me a lower end model to... No asus I got a strix card because I wanted that level of performance. It If I wanted a lower end card I would have gotten it. This time they at least sent a photo of the GPU... Tell me if you believe them when they say that it's brand new. You can clearly see that the product is far from new. 

90YV0FA7 a.jpg

90YV0FA7 b.jpg

90YV0FA7 c.jpg

Just to play Devil's Advocate, a box being beat to shit doesn't necessarily mean the product inside isn't still new. I've seen quite a few large retail boxes over all my years look better, the same, and far worse than that box all with new stuff in them. There's no discussion I wish to have on this, just pointing out that you don't know for certain.

Best thing to do is point out your concerns and see what their response is.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section

18 hours ago, SlayerOfHellWyrm said:

Just to play Devil's Advocate, a box being beat to shit doesn't necessarily mean the product inside isn't still new. I've seen quite a few large retail boxes over all my years look better, the same, and far worse than that box all with new stuff in them. There's no discussion I wish to have on this, just pointing out that you don't know for certain.

Best thing to do is point out your concerns and see what their response is.

It is bit odd to see box in that kind of condition, if its only been handled by Asus own warehouse. It looks like it has gone through couple of package handling processes. But then again, point of the packaging it to protect the product, and to prevent shoplifting.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Pc building Simulator 2 game.

The developers are so money hungry they do not care to fix game bugs, people have reported tons of bugs that they just do not fix and if you bring it up with them they will just outright ban you.

7 hours ago, GB13579 said:

if you bring it up with them they will just outright ban you.

From what platform are they banning? Examples? 

ask me about my homelab

10 hours ago, GB13579 said:

Pc building Simulator 2 game.

The developers are so money hungry they do not care to fix game bugs, people have reported tons of bugs that they just do not fix and if you bring it up with them they will just outright ban you.

Gaming company not fixing bugs? What A Surprise!

The latter part, if true, is the problem. Though if you are talking about Reddit, then its more likely to be moderators that aren't working for the company at all. Same applies to LTT subreddit where moderation is even less connected to LMG than forums and Discord.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 11/20/2023 at 4:25 AM, Skipple said:

From what platform are they banning? Examples? 

Their official discord server

This guy made an excellent video about them 

Is there something that can be done with SecretLab? Their processes for customer service are very slow with no number to call and talk to someone. You have to send repeated emails with 0 communication between customer service staff. For context, I had put in an order for a chair, monitor mount, lumbar pillow, and rgb strip.

I filed return for the chair (my wife wanted to get me a chair for xmas) , since it was pre-order I got it refunded which took about a week. I filed for return on the other items because the monitor mount would not work how I wanted with my 27in and 34in monitor, the rgb strip was returned because it was dull and boring and since I didn't have a chair I didn't need the lumbar pillow. It's been about a month into this and still waiting for refund of all the items and just the 1 time per day email is killing me. Anyone have any better success with these processes?

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800X RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance PRO RGB SL 3600mhz GPU: RTX 3060TI SSD: WD Black 1TB NVME SDD: WD Black 500GB NVME

I purchased a corsair scimitar rgb elite mouse back in April, for the first few months the mouse performed fine but would intermittently not connect to icue causing the dpi and sensitivity to be totally different that what they were supposed to be, with the only fix being to un plug and plug it back in to get it to connect. Within the last month or two the mouse wheel has also gotten hard to spin and makes a soft grinding noise. I reached out to corsair support back on the 4th and the first response back on the 6th, after about 4 days of back and forth emails they only options they gave me were to send the mouse back to be looked at and be without a mouse for multiple weeks or pay for a new mouse and get a refund once they get the old one. It is a little hard to stomach front another 70 some odd dollars for a mouse that hasn't lasted 6 months or be without a mouse for weeks. 

1 hour ago, NahBruh said:

send the mouse back to be looked at and be without a mouse for multiple weeks or pay for a new mouse and get a refund once they get the old one.

This seems completely reasonable to me.

ask me about my homelab

3 hours ago, NahBruh said:

I purchased a corsair scimitar rgb elite mouse back in April, for the first few months the mouse performed fine but would intermittently not connect to icue causing the dpi and sensitivity to be totally different that what they were supposed to be, with the only fix being to un plug and plug it back in to get it to connect. Within the last month or two the mouse wheel has also gotten hard to spin and makes a soft grinding noise. I reached out to corsair support back on the 4th and the first response back on the 6th, after about 4 days of back and forth emails they only options they gave me were to send the mouse back to be looked at and be without a mouse for multiple weeks or pay for a new mouse and get a refund once they get the old one. It is a little hard to stomach front another 70 some odd dollars for a mouse that hasn't lasted 6 months or be without a mouse for weeks. 

This is a typical RMA setup from any company. I am sure you could get a cheap office mouse for like 10$ and then send your mouse away, at best it's gone for 2 weeks but I bet it would be back within 1 week.  

8 hours ago, NahBruh said:

1. Please add some punctuation, this is hard to read as non-native speaker
  2. That's completely normal procedure. Some companies have tad better with just sending replacements. But since we are talking about higher end stuff, nothing unused
  3. They don't expect anything from you. How you decide to spend your money is still your choice. If $70 for mouse is too much, pick something for $7.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I don't know if Casetify ever worked with LMG however after this video from JerryRigEverything I think that no one should work with these intellectual property thief's. 

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

15 hours ago, Sousuke said:

I don't know if Casetify ever worked with LMG however after this video from JerryRigEverything I think that no one should work with these intellectual property thief's.

came to post the same, there was likely some older videos as with many other youtubers that this brand might have been shown? (dont fully know)

sucks to see that they steal the work they did and increase the price like that. while none of them own the inside of the other brand's phone, I guess they gone far enough to claim its for other reason and the effort they went through.