LMG Sponsor Complaints

CPotter
"

Asus_NAsupport  7 

· Industry Affiliate

Replied: 1 hour ago

•  

We've looked into all possible options but unfortunately there isn't something else we can offer ."

So at what point does LMG find this unacceptable?   I tried during the warranty to get help and  they tried to push it off on BestBuy who wanted to charge me, and now they claim out of warranty and just oh well cant help ya.....

25 minutes ago, Rumble said:
"

Asus_NAsupport  7 

· Industry Affiliate

•  
  •  

We've looked into all possible options but unfortunately there isn't something else we can offer ."

So at what point does LMG find this unacceptable?   I tried during the warranty to get help and  they tried to push it off on BestBuy who wanted to charge me, and now they claim out of warranty and just oh well cant help ya.....

@CPotter anything you guys can do?

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

2 hours ago, RockSolid1106 said:

@CPotter anything you guys can do?

@LinusTech maybe is the better person cause the business team seem to scared to address this issue (i finally made a forum account to post here follow the sponsor thread any other buisness they would not stand for this 100% when they finally get someone in here to fix it and the person does nothing just a fake pr stunt.

5 hours ago, Micn said:

@LinusTech maybe is the better person cause the business team seem to scared to address this issue (i finally made a forum account to post here follow the sponsor thread any other buisness they would not stand for this 100% when they finally get someone in here to fix it and the person does nothing just a fake pr stunt.

Linus is not the CEO anymore. Considering Asus is major sponsor, this would be CEO level thing.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

6 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Linus is not the CEO anymore. Considering Asus is major sponsor, this would be CEO level thing.

Does Terren have a forum account?

By reading this, you're entering a contract that says you have to visit my profile.

1 hour ago, GoStormPlays said:

Does Terren have a forum account?

I'm not sure. But just pointing out how this would go. Colton is head of the business department and reports directly to CEO. CEO would report to shareholders, but the reason he was hired was that Linus wouldn't be the one making these exact decisions.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

19 hours ago, Rumble said:
"

Asus_NAsupport  7 

· Industry Affiliate

•  

I'd just like to point out that LTT posted their Weekly Sponsor Concerns update saying they had a lengthy meeting with Asus on December 15th. It looks from this "1 hour ago" reply that they replied to you on 12/28. Doesn't seem like that meeting had any effect.

Also, if even legitimate issues that are raised to the Executive Support team at Asus aren't solved, then it's clear that they have no interest in solving them. C'mon, LTT. Does somebody have to make a YouTube video for action to be taken?

1 hour ago, Francisco Pinsaro said:

I'd just like to point out that LTT posted their Weekly Sponsor Concerns update saying they had a lengthy meeting with Asus on December 15th. It looks from this "1 hour ago" reply that they replied to you on 12/28. Doesn't seem like that meeting had any effect.

Also, if even legitimate issues that are raised to the Executive Support team at Asus aren't solved, then it's clear that they have no interest in solving them. C'mon, LTT. Does somebody have to make a YouTube video for action to be taken?

You seriously expect Asus, a multi-national company, to meet once with someone and then draw up an action plan from that meeting that disseminates to and trains all employees on the new operating process in under two weeks?

Seriously?? Two weeks to implement company wide changes is your timeline....

I'm not defending Asus here in the slightest but the level of bullcrap on how fast people think changes can be made and how vast those changes can be in such a short amount of time is mind numbing.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

The problem is this sposely brought in a expert rep to solve all the problem here as far i know not one issue as has been solved they keep parroting previous rep. Asus rep is so bad when anyone post about them the reply are straight for in aus go to fair trading and lodge a conplaint with the ACCC cause there warrinity not worth the paper it written on and the rep they brought here has shown that.

3 hours ago, Lurick said:

You seriously expect Asus, a multi-national company, to meet once with someone and then draw up an action plan from that meeting that disseminates to and trains all employees on the new operating process in under two weeks?

I've worked for large corporations for most of my career. It doesn't take months to empower a single rep, or group of reps, to fix customer issues.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect reps being assigned to a forum specifically because of a company that promotes them's concerns about their customer service to actually be able to help, especially in cases where it's clear that the company is in the wrong and support through normal means has failed. And when they don't or can't, it becomes clear that this is a PR move intentionally designed to deceive people.

I don't really expect Asus to change, but I am disappointed in LTT.

13 hours ago, Lurick said:

Seriously?? Two weeks to implement company wide changes is your timeline....

I'm not defending Asus here in the slightest but the level of bullcrap on how fast people think changes can be made and how vast those changes can be in such a short amount of time is mind numbing.

This isn't some random support person. This is a support person specifically dedicated to this forum thread. If they can't get it right what hope does the rest of Asus support have?

3 hours ago, jubjub said:

This isn't some random support person. This is a support person specifically dedicated to this forum thread. If they can't get it right what hope does the rest of Asus support have?

Sorry, I thought you were talking about something with general Asus support, not the single rep on the forum.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 hour ago, Lurick said:

Sorry, I thought you were talking about something with general Asus support, not the single rep on the forum.

I think your point still stands regardless.

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

Sadly Asus have been not great with their support for the last decade and a bit. This whole thing should not have been a surprise for anyone but at the same time it is hard to find brands that do better these days in the same space so they have no need to change. When the products work they seem pretty great but yeah when they don't you are kinda screwed if you aren't living in the EU or have close connections with them. But I am sure many that work at LTT know this as well since you need to bury your head in the sand to have missed this for so long.

To add to the whole Asus discussion:
I've had my fair share of problems with Asus support. Repairs that took months, having to send the same unit in multiple times because they didn't fix the problem, but the worst was when I sent in a TUF notebook for repair because the display cable was broken. After 3 weeks they sent back an empty box. The box was still sealed so I doubt anyone took the unit out of the box. There wasn't even any paperwork in the box, nothing.
It took forever to resolve the issue because I didn't record myself opening the box so I had no proof that they sent back a whole bunch of nothing.
Mistakes can and will happen, that's not the problem, the problem is that Asus seems particularly bad at fixing them.

On 12/15/2023 at 4:59 AM, Rumble said:

After months of dealing with ASUS redirecting me to Best Buy and Best Buy trying to charge me to fix a laptop under warranty I came here and complained in this forum post.       A month or so later ASUS reached out on the forums to me.

I spent time going back and forth giving them all the information they asked for.   About the Laptop, about my interactions with ASUS and with Best Buy.

And at the time I expressed my frustration with the fact that once ASUS was going to allow me to use their support directly they tried to tell me it was now out of warranty and i would have to pay for the repair (as if they delayed until they could say its out of warranty).

Low and behold after I submitted the form they asked me to for starting the support case I got this reply on the forums here.

https://linustechtips.com/messenger/315477/?do=findComment&comment=970819

"

Asus_NAsupport  7 

· Industry Affiliate

Replied: 13 hours ago

•  

Thank you for your patience. Just to confirm, have you tried a shorter cable that is less than 2 meters to see if it can be detected? The last resort option would be sending the product in for repairs to check for software or hardware relate issues. However, the product has been Out of Warranty since 05/10/2023 and there would be a repair cost."

How did this change anything?   They are doing exactly the same thing again.   Telling me its now out of warranty (to be clear when I first called ASUS it was still well within its warranty) and now i would have to pay to have it repaired.

I was so ready to come back to this forum post to say "Hey, ASUS reached out and finally agreed to do the right thing." and say maybe LMG should keep them as a sponsor.    NO WAY!   This convinces me more than ever that the company is not concerned about customers anymore.  LMG should drop them.

At ASUS the user experience is paramount and integral to the DNA of our brand, we strive for quality, user satisfaction, and convenience in the support we offer.  Internally, we regularly review the processes that our customers will engage with. We had a chance to review your case with our team and sent you a message to what we believe can help resolve your issues with your device. Please feel to reply so we begin the next step to resolve your case. 

2 hours ago, Asus_NAsupport said:

At ASUS the user experience is paramount and integral to the DNA of our brand, we strive for quality, user satisfaction, and convenience in the support we offer.  Internally, we regularly review the processes that our customers will engage with.

You guys really think this PR bullshit convinces anyone?

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

VPN Server Guide

19 minutes ago, RockSolid1106 said:

You guys really think this PR bullshit convinces anyone?

Bro the dude is just here doing his job. 

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

50 minutes ago, Skipple said:

Bro the dude is just here doing his job. 

I'm sorry, I misunderstood the agent's message. I thought they meant they had reviewed the case and deemed what they had done was the best they could have, so to me it seemed like a pointless post. That was really dumb of me to read it that way.

We had a chance to review your case with our team and sent you a message to what we believe can help resolve your issues with your device. Please feel to reply so we begin the next step to resolve your case.

I hope Rumble gets the help they need this time.

^

VPN Server Guide

Seconding on the Asus thread. I was delivered a very faulty laptop in 2020 and have been trying to get it rectified forever. Im starting break ground by messaging and connecting with other ASUS reps who have been extremely helpful, but the main phone lines are entirely unprepared to deal with more complex problems, and have no where to send you for more advanced support. 

It sucks because ASUS genuinely has some good products and passionate people working there, but the general customer service experience really needs some work, especially when defective items are involved.

17 minutes ago, Francisco Pinsaro said:

There was a post yesterday on Reddit from somebody who sent their laptop in to Asus for service, only to have it returned unfixed with burn marks on the CPU.

Hey that was me. Can confirm, the laptop is messed up and general support has been a real pain to deal with.

EDIT: For extra context it had a super stripped and tightened screw that even 2 different technicians couldn't get it out. The current theory is that it was cross threaded or friction bonded when it was manufactured. Unfortunately it is holding the cooler to the cpu, so I can't really just ignore the stump of a bolt left in the standoff. Also the laptop came with a faulty fan and liquid metal application that were ignored when it was sent in for a thermal repair.

Edited by Popmandoop
Added context.

11 hours ago, Popmandoop said:

Hey that was me. Can confirm, the laptop is messed up and general support has been a real pain to deal with.

EDIT: For extra context it had a super stripped and tightened screw that even 2 different technicians couldn't get it out. The current theory is that it was cross threaded or friction bonded when it was manufactured. Unfortunately it is holding the cooler to the cpu, so I can't really just ignore the stump of a bolt left in the standoff. Also the laptop came with a faulty fan and liquid metal application that were ignored when it was sent in for a thermal repair.

If general support is unhelpful you can message us or you can escalate your case following the link https://www.asus.com/us/support/article/787/. ASUS reviews all multi-RMA cases for opportunities to improve our repair operations to deliver the best possible user experience. In an event inconvenience occurs with repair, we will try our best to provide a satisfactory solution to those who may have been inconvenienced.