LMG Sponsor Complaints

CPotter
14 hours ago, Sousuke said:

I don't know if Casetify ever worked with LMG however after this video from JerryRigEverything I think that no one should work with these intellectual property thief's. 

With how tight LTT is with Dbrand I can't see them ever working with anyone but Dbrand. That is unless some super illegal stuff was to happen with them. Its probably likely that LTT new about it long before now and was just not allowed to say anything about it. 

@LMGcommunity just a heads up that when I went to sign up to NordPass with yours guys link I was hit with a countdown. So it seems that it's still up. 

Screenshot_20231124-1007372.thumb.png.cf0f4882d2dff16b3c655018245e1700.png

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

On 5/3/2022 at 9:31 AM, CPotter said:

Hey everybody!

Let us know if you have any issues with sponsors we're currently running across any of LMG's channels. The business team is active here and will chime in and respond as necessary. Please keep discussion related to sponsor complaints and on topic in this thread. We'll do our best to field any complaints, and address them as necessary, but also make sure reach out to the companies in question as well first, if you're having any problems.

Thanks for watching our content, and for the support and feedback, we really do appreciate it. 🙂 

I have to lodge a complaint about Savage Jerky. 

When checking out, they're now pushing Route shipping insurance. Yes, I know it's a small thing, but they're offloading risk onto the customer and profiting off of it and I hate that. 

At least in the US as far as I understand it's the merchant's responsibility to make sure you get your package - offloading that cost to you is ridiculous. If they cant afford to pay for package insurance they should raise their prices. 

Delidded, custom IHS i7-8700k @ 5.2ghz

Founders Edition GTX970

On 11/17/2023 at 12:42 PM, geomac said:

Just wanted to come back here and give an update to the dbrand Ghost case situation.

Dbrand gets a huge W.

Screenshot2023-11-17at1_41_45PM.thumb.png.fa9b77429487b91b7279e1c236a87e08.png

I guess. Their initial responses were pretty lackluster. First of all, only posting to reddit for a month was ridiculous. Second, their first two responses were entirely cope about how 'every other case does the exact same thing' even though every other case doesn't do the exact same thing. 

They also made excuses about how long shipping was taking, stating that the sold 'a ridiculous amount' of cases. Frankly it's nobody's problem but Dbrand's. If they failed to predict how much hype their marketing would generate that's their fault, not the customers'. 

I'm happy they're going to replace cases for free, but I don't understand how they didn't find this during testing. Their whole 'preorder the case and wait a month before you can use it with your new phone' approach is also annoying.

Delidded, custom IHS i7-8700k @ 5.2ghz

Founders Edition GTX970

regarding ridge wallet 

Linus talking about Rfid is misleading since most do not understand much bout the concept. It's a scare tactic, something he has criticized Apple for doing with the unveiling of emergency sos via satellite. Walletopia explains this really well, his whole channel is about wallets and discusses how RFID scams are inefficient. 

In the

video UGreen is the sponsor. At 29:18 the image shown for the dock is

Screenshot2023-11-27at00_08_23.thumb.png.70a4e3bd27ed14002e6079ef74f850a4.png

and we are told it is $10. The link provided is "Ugreen Revodok 5-in-1 hub: https://bit.ly/3uAzDbO (Price: $10.99)" which I have tried on two seperate browsers and it leads me to Screenshot2023-11-27at00_10_07.thumb.png.2258a81b9a84b710e725b34f7f0a3a53.png

this is a completely different dock.

The hub shown is most likely this one https://ca.ugreen.com/collections/hubs-1/products/ultra-slim-5-in-1-usb-c-hub?variant=44061497950496 which is much more then $10. All of them are branded as Revodok but the images in the video should reflect the one that is linked especially when running through multiple slides on the video for the dock with Ethernet. Most likely a simple error but I think sponsor spots should definitely be correct/linking to the correct product.

I did this quick writeup yesterday, and considering that youve done spot for both Incogni and DeleteMe, id like to know LMG current stance on it.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

On 11/7/2023 at 9:15 PM, Disturbedm said:

Just thought I'd add to this, I too have had the armrests rip along the side, in the same place on TWO chairs (both with two different people using them, 49kg and 83kg). Thats four armrests go the exact same way. Saw posts on here and got in touch and have got the "wear & tear" treatment. They are also charging for delivery.

The truth of the matter is after spending £800+ on two chairs, I couldn't really care less about £5.80, but the principle of it, especially when there are a rediculous amount of posts on this matter with countless images and followups from other users (for which I linked them TEN different websites/threads) for them to be as insulting as to claim its wear & tear (I know it isn't, I know how I've treated my chair) is just laughable and I think says a lot more about Secret Labs and their customer service. 

There's no doubt the chairs are decent, but their customer service is not. LTT should really hold them to a higher standard.

Hi @Disturbedm, I'm a community manager with Secretlab and the LTT team recently reached out and shared about your case with us. I've dropped you a DM to look into your case, hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you.

On 11/9/2023 at 11:42 PM, Haredeenee said:

Well, it seems like their coverage is more about the chair's frame than anything you actually come into contact with. And if you happen to raise any issues, they might just accuse you of mishandling the chair. After navigating through all their hurdles, they somehow manage to stretch out the process for months, leaving your emails hanging in limbo. It's almost like they deduct the cost of refunds or replacement parts from the customer service reps' paychecks, considering how reluctant they are to provide those.

Hi @Haredeenee, I'm a community manager with Secretlab. The LTT team had recently reached out and shared your case with us and I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I dropped you a DM for more information, hope to hear back from you soon.

9 hours ago, Secretlab_Maisie said:

Hi @Haredeenee, I'm a community manager with Secretlab. The LTT team had recently reached out and shared your case with us and I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I dropped you a DM for more information, hope to hear back from you soon.

I answered the dm, but I'm gunna be real. Every single time SL has reached out to me or I talked to them on a different platform, I would always reach the same stonewall and it was a waste of my time, here's hoping that doesn't happen again. 

On 11/23/2023 at 2:36 AM, NahBruh said:

I purchased a corsair scimitar rgb elite mouse back in April, for the first few months the mouse performed fine but would intermittently not connect to icue causing the dpi and sensitivity to be totally different that what they were supposed to be, with the only fix being to un plug and plug it back in to get it to connect. Within the last month or two the mouse wheel has also gotten hard to spin and makes a soft grinding noise. I reached out to corsair support back on the 4th and the first response back on the 6th, after about 4 days of back and forth emails they only options they gave me were to send the mouse back to be looked at and be without a mouse for multiple weeks or pay for a new mouse and get a refund once they get the old one. It is a little hard to stomach front another 70 some odd dollars for a mouse that hasn't lasted 6 months or be without a mouse for weeks. 

Two lessons to be learnt here.

1) Corsair make god-awful mice. I had a Corsair Glaive which developed an issue with the scroll wheel. They sent me a replacement for free but again after a few months the scroll wheel broke again and I started having issues with the left click. I switched to a Razer Viper Ultimate and I've never looked back. It's better in every single way.

2) iCue is a buggy mess. Always has been, probably always will be.

On 11/23/2023 at 9:33 AM, Sousuke said:

I don't know if Casetify ever worked with LMG however after this video from JerryRigEverything I think that no one should work with these intellectual property thief's. 

Considering on Wan show, Linus said he knew about the story (waiting for Dbrand and Jerry to drop the bomb), I think it's safe to say they aren't lol

On 11/27/2023 at 3:49 PM, Haredeenee said:

I answered the dm, but I'm gunna be real. Every single time SL has reached out to me or I talked to them on a different platform, I would always reach the same stonewall and it was a waste of my time, here's hoping that doesn't happen again. 

Well, unfortunately it seems like it did again (I wasn't expecting much either). Same standard/safe reply. Can't blame the person though.

17 hours ago, Draevalis said:

Well, unfortunately it seems like it did again (I wasn't expecting much either). Same standard/safe reply. Can't blame the person though.

Yup. They just said the exact same thing they said in emails months ago. 

What an absolute waste of my time. 

They just keep saying " we dont make your model of chair anymore"

I genuinely can't make heads or tails of why they reached out if they were just going to give me the same excuses. Surely they read my posts and looked into it before contacting me. I am truly baffled and quite honestly, embarrassed for not only them but LTT as well. 

3 hours ago, noob0saur said:

Hey guys,

Just wanted you to know that the iFixit coupon on the latest TechLinked video doesn't work 😕

image.png.d0279416fd71d80a34a64d7203e5c3a5.png

It looks like its having same bug as with LTTStore Black Friday sales. If you enter your details and go to where you select shipping, then standard is shown free.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

41 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

It looks like its having same bug as with LTTStore Black Friday sales. If you enter your details and go to where you select shipping, then standard is shown free.

Not the same bug apparently 😕

image.png.d450595200c95f5f911bb707090a65bd.png

30 minutes ago, noob0saur said:

Not the same bug apparently 😕

image.png.d450595200c95f5f911bb707090a65bd.png

Ok, it did show for me. Applied the code, got error and next page standard DHL shopping to Finland was free.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Ok, it did show for me. Applied the code, got error and next page standard DHL shopping to Finland was free.

Weird, thanks for you help though 😉

The code for GL.iNet in the latest Techquickie doesn't work. Keeps saying the code is invalid.

Based on the comments in the video a few people are having the same problem.

I have been essentially ghosted by dbrand. They initially got back to me very quickly but since then just no reply? Been over 10 days.

dbrandghosting.thumb.png.51b1271f8e972a32e10963cc7eebe8c5.png

I'm having issues with 2 recent codes not working and/or discounts being wrong.

Firstly, the ifixit code in the video "This Is Actually Insane" on Techlinked, the FREESHIP code does not work. Typing it returns with "Enter a valid discount code." They also advertised up to 75% off and I could not find anything over 25% off. I checked within an hour of the video posting, as well as each day since then. I'm guessing the 75% was just a script error, because that's a steep discount, but the shipping brings a $69 purchase to like $85. Yes, I've signed in and tried the "enter the address information, then standard shipping shows up for free" but that doesn't work for me no matter what I try.

Secondly, on the Techquickie video "Wireless Charging That Doesn’t Suck - Qi 2" there's a sponsor spot for GL.iNet for a discount on the Beryl AX using code 20AXT1800 for 69% off. It shows as 34% off and the discount code returns "Enter a valid discount code or gift card" as well. I've been trying both of these codes and checking the videos for updated links and/or codes twice per day since the videos dropped. I also left comments explaining these things on each video, and have been checking for replies. 

Nothing yet.

Edit: Thirdly, You ran a promo recently for GreenManGaming to get a year free of their XP subscription thing, and I got it, but they still haven't sent me a code. It's been several days and my account just says "awaiting code" and that they'll email when it's "ready."

On the WAN show a week or two ago, LTT had a special for green man gaming where you could get a year subscription for free however I still haven't gotten my code. Has anyone else gotten their code or does it also say "awaiting key" for you guys?image.thumb.png.89b93884031547078c38e2fb2d800b90.png

8 minutes ago, RagePoweredGamer said:

I'm having issues with 2 recent codes not working and/or discounts being wrong.

Firstly, the ifixit code in the video "This Is Actually Insane" on Techlinked, the FREESHIP code does not work.

This one should be fixed. We're looking into the other ones.