LMG Sponsor Complaints

CPotter
17 hours ago, Crash The Noise said:

First of, Thank You for taking the time to read this / take our feedback into consideration.

I say this both as someone who quite enjoyed this past week's WAN Show, and as someone who has both bought, and been very satisfied by my Thorum meteorite ring after using your referral code.

DINOSUAR BONES DO NOT EXIST.

What Thorum and many similar retailers claim to make such rings out of are fragments of FOSSILS OF Dinosaur Bones. Linus made this distinction exactly once, and has since neglected to clarify it ever again. The "Vessi claims 100% waterproof." (as nothing truly is) phrasing/stance you all seem to try to take is something that I very much appreciate. To me a fossil vs an actual f*cking dinosaur bone is an even bigger distinction because "Waterproof" is a far more common term in marketing now days. Regardless if you are going to take a stance on one I'd appreciate you clarifying this as well. And I doubt I'm the only one. Otherwise, as far as I'm concerned my cat is the fiercest predator I've ever encountered and my table is technically edible.

*I have no idea why the above paragraph is formatted this way. Your forums seem to do weird things when you change font size and then attempt to change your formatting back. Apologies for that regardless, quite possibly user error here.

Also, this is completely unrelated, but Next WAN show I'd appreciate if the crew could actually answered this poor parking lot attendant's question that he paid actual money to ask. Linus started to, and then IMMEDIATELY got side-tracked by Luke and what he and Dan brought up because it was more interesting to him at the time.' I know there are plenty of messages that go completely unread, so this is really no different than that. I really think that it was Dan, as the producer, who dropped the ball here in keeping both L&L on-track to answering the question. Imo Linus should smash more things into the table to punish him for this. But for real tho it would be chill if you guys could loop-back and give him an answer. Or maybe the subsequent printer segment qualifies. 404

Again, Thanks for taking sponsor / feedback at all. It's a hell of a lot more than most do. And is part of the "try to actually not suck" attitude that I think a lot of us are here for. ❤️

- Crash

As a repair technician, "waterproof" marketing claims do result in dead devices (and lost data).  Meanwhile, "bone" vs "fossil" is pretty harmless, though I would certainly prefer "fossil" be used in sponsor spots.

2 hours ago, QwertyChouskie said:

Meanwhile, "bone" vs "fossil" is pretty harmless, though I would certainly prefer "fossil" be used in sponsor spots.

They are completely different materials.  One is bone and the other is rock.  

Would you be okay buying the new iPhone that advertises it's made with titanium and turned out there was really no titanium in it?

1 hour ago, Erioch said:

They are completely different materials.  One is bone and the other is rock.  

As geologist, I must correct you. "Fossil" is generic term that covers multiple forms of material, including biological mass, gas, liquid and solid/crystalized. "Fossil fuel" for example refers to (fossil) oil, natural gas, coal and uranium. Of which only uranium doesn't have purely biological origins. 

The advertising here sounds silly to begin with. Anyone with braincell will know its not actually...

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

7 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

As geologist, I must correct you. "Fossil" is generic term that covers multiple forms of material, including biological mass, gas, liquid and solid/crystalized. "Fossil fuel" for example refers to (fossil) oil, natural gas, coal and uranium. Of which only uranium doesn't have purely biological origins. 

The context of their advertising is talking specifically about fossils of dinosaur bones.  Therefore I stand by my statement that one is bone and the other is rock.

7 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Anyone with braincell will know its not actually...

Not everyone is a geologist like yourself.  People will believe that if their advertising says it's dinosaur bone, then it's actually bone material.  Their advertising is 100% misleading and LMG perpetuates it.

4 hours ago, Erioch said:

The context of their advertising is talking specifically about fossils of dinosaur bones.  Therefore I stand by my statement that one is bone and the other is rock.

Your context makes it even more confusing, so no.

4 hours ago, Erioch said:

Not everyone is a geologist like yourself.  People will believe that if their advertising says it's dinosaur bone, then it's actually bone material.  Their advertising is 100% misleading and LMG perpetuates it.

Also, silly advertising tactics have been used through ages. Yes, some with no braincells will fall in. The ones who actually think what they see/read, don't.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

43 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Your context makes it even more confusing, so no.

I don't see how but still, if they are claiming (and they are) that they use dinosaur bone, it is false advertising.

5 minutes ago, Erioch said:

I don't see how but still, if they are claiming (and they are) that they use dinosaur bone, it is false advertising.

I didn't counter that. Just that your definition of fossil is false and confusing here. Bones are fossils, rocks aren't fossils. Or most of them aren't, only those which are have biological origin.

Also dinosaur bones do exist, they just aren't used for silly "fashion" pieces... Just like those parts of Berlin wall people buy when they visit Berlin. So many of them sold you could build the wall around whole Germany. Or all those Christ nuckle bones all over the churches in Europe.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

17 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

rocks aren't fossils.

Huh.  National Geographic is wrong then.

Fossils are the preserved remains, or traces of remains, of ancient organisms. Fossils are not the remains of the organism itself! They are rocks.

https://education.nationalgeographic.org/resource/fossil/

4 minutes ago, Erioch said:

Huh.  National Geographic is wrong then.

Fossils are the preserved remains, or traces of remains, of ancient organisms. Fossils are not the remains of the organism itself! They are rocks.

https://education.nationalgeographic.org/resource/fossil/

I guess there are different definitions then, my bad.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

I guess there are different definitions then, my bad.

I mean, your statement is technically true that not all rocks are fossils.  I read that wrong.

I've never used this particular platform for discussions, so I'm writing this on a brand-new account. Anyways, here we go. I'm sharing a cautionary tale regarding my experience with Asus's warranty policy and the "Asus TUF OC RTX 4090." The key takeaway? Use a GPU anti-sag bracket.

Everybody's heard of GPU sagging, some of you are familiar with the ramifications of GPU sagging, and I presume that everybody here has heard of GPU manufacturers' responses to GPU sagging.

In addition, everybody knows how profoundly ludicrous Asus's warranty policy is, and how unfair it can be for their customers when they invoke it.

For context, I purchased an "Asus TUF OC RTX 4090" with the hopes of using it for years to come. It worked flawlessly; I was ecstatic and thankful to be privileged to own such a coveted piece of hardware.

I never used a GPU anti-sag bracket, because I never received one with my unit, nor was it explicitly required nor warned that I had to use this external bracket to mitigate the chances of GPU sagging, which turned out to be a mistake in the long-run.

To elaborate, my GPU suddenly started giving me issues where sometimes it'd refuse to output a display, colors were inverted or mismatched, and eventually, it stopped working completely. When I decided to remove my GPU, I noticed a crack where the PCIe connector latch would latch onto.

[09/05/2023] So, I contacted Asus and expressed my concerns and problems with this unit. I thought I could invoke my three years of warranty and I anticipated that this RMA would be a swift and painless process, which turned out to be wrong.

[09/25/2023] After a few back-and-forth emails with Asus's customer support, I shipped my unit to their repair facility. A few days after checking my RMA case, I found out that my unit had been classified as "CID" (customer-induced damage), and that I'd receive a quote for repairs in a few days.

Level-2 Asus customer support couldn't assist me in this regard, so I further escalated my case by contacting Asus's CEO department and elaborating on my issue. I told them this:

"It's unreasonable to charge me for damages I didn't cause. This GPU model is known for sagging due to its weight, evidenced by your inclusion of GPU support brackets. Renowned platforms like JayTwoCentz and Gamers Nexus highlight the issue, condemning your unfair warranty policy. It's wrong to label GPU sagging, a design flaw, as "customer-induced damage." These costly GPUs are prone to damage over time from this flaw. Therefore, this RMA shouldn't be considered customer-induced, as the GPU's self-destruction results from its inherent design issue."

[10/13/2023] Furthermore, I didn't receive a quote for repair until I had to personally request them multiple times to send the quote, and I received it about two weeks after my unit was classified as CID.

When I did receive the CID quote charges, Asus had the audacity to charge me CAD$3533.69 to repair this unit; that's almost $1000 more than a brand new, retail unit.

After some back-and-forth with Asus's CEO department, they requested me to dispute the charges, to which I promptly complied, if it could expedite or potentially resolve this issue.

A side note on their dispute process: while they give you a text box to present your case, you're limited to a mere 100 characters. This constraint hardly allows for any meaningful communication.

[10/23/2023] Anyways, after disputing the charges, and some more back-and-forth with Asus CEO department, they concluded that my warranty wouldn't be reinstated primarily due to the physical damages evidenced on the unit, therefore, I'm responsible for the physical damages and subsequently responsible to pay to have this unit repaired. If only I could speak with them directly instead of this "broken telephone" game.

TL:DR, Any physical damage, even damages that aren't caused by the customer, is automatically the customer's fault, and they'll have to forfeit their warranty coverage because of that. My GPU destroyed itself, and I lost quite a lot of money. Use a GPU anti-sag bracket, folks. You certainly wouldn't want to deal with what I'm currently dealing with.

Asus failed me, and it seems like my chances of getting my unit replaced under my warranty coverage are practically zero.

9 hours ago, Anonymousindividual1 said:

I've never used this particular platform for discussions, so I'm writing this on a brand-new account. Anyways, here we go. I'm sharing a cautionary tale regarding my experience with Asus's warranty policy and the "Asus TUF OC RTX 4090." The key takeaway? Use a GPU anti-sag bracket.

Everybody's heard of GPU sagging, some of you are familiar with the ramifications of GPU sagging, and I presume that everybody here has heard of GPU manufacturers' responses to GPU sagging.

In addition, everybody knows how profoundly ludicrous Asus's warranty policy is, and how unfair it can be for their customers when they invoke it.

For context, I purchased an "Asus TUF OC RTX 4090" with the hopes of using it for years to come. It worked flawlessly; I was ecstatic and thankful to be privileged to own such a coveted piece of hardware.

I never used a GPU anti-sag bracket, because I never received one with my unit, nor was it explicitly required nor warned that I had to use this external bracket to mitigate the chances of GPU sagging, which turned out to be a mistake in the long-run.

To elaborate, my GPU suddenly started giving me issues where sometimes it'd refuse to output a display, colors were inverted or mismatched, and eventually, it stopped working completely. When I decided to remove my GPU, I noticed a crack where the PCIe connector latch would latch onto.

[09/05/2023] So, I contacted Asus and expressed my concerns and problems with this unit. I thought I could invoke my three years of warranty and I anticipated that this RMA would be a swift and painless process, which turned out to be wrong.

[09/25/2023] After a few back-and-forth emails with Asus's customer support, I shipped my unit to their repair facility. A few days after checking my RMA case, I found out that my unit had been classified as "CID" (customer-induced damage), and that I'd receive a quote for repairs in a few days.

Level-2 Asus customer support couldn't assist me in this regard, so I further escalated my case by contacting Asus's CEO department and elaborating on my issue. I told them this:

"It's unreasonable to charge me for damages I didn't cause. This GPU model is known for sagging due to its weight, evidenced by your inclusion of GPU support brackets. Renowned platforms like JayTwoCentz and Gamers Nexus highlight the issue, condemning your unfair warranty policy. It's wrong to label GPU sagging, a design flaw, as "customer-induced damage." These costly GPUs are prone to damage over time from this flaw. Therefore, this RMA shouldn't be considered customer-induced, as the GPU's self-destruction results from its inherent design issue."

[10/13/2023] Furthermore, I didn't receive a quote for repair until I had to personally request them multiple times to send the quote, and I received it about two weeks after my unit was classified as CID.

When I did receive the CID quote charges, Asus had the audacity to charge me CAD$3533.69 to repair this unit; that's almost $1000 more than a brand new, retail unit.

After some back-and-forth with Asus's CEO department, they requested me to dispute the charges, to which I promptly complied, if it could expedite or potentially resolve this issue.

A side note on their dispute process: while they give you a text box to present your case, you're limited to a mere 100 characters. This constraint hardly allows for any meaningful communication.

[10/23/2023] Anyways, after disputing the charges, and some more back-and-forth with Asus CEO department, they concluded that my warranty wouldn't be reinstated primarily due to the physical damages evidenced on the unit, therefore, I'm responsible for the physical damages and subsequently responsible to pay to have this unit repaired. If only I could speak with them directly instead of this "broken telephone" game.

TL:DR, Any physical damage, even damages that aren't caused by the customer, is automatically the customer's fault, and they'll have to forfeit their warranty coverage because of that. My GPU destroyed itself, and I lost quite a lot of money. Use a GPU anti-sag bracket, folks. You certainly wouldn't want to deal with what I'm currently dealing with.

Asus failed me, and it seems like my chances of getting my unit replaced under my warranty coverage are practically zero.

@LinusTech This is yet one more of countless of these major Asus warranty issues I've read in this thread alone.  This one in particular is an especially clear demonstration of how the issue is from the top of the company down, not just some fluke situations with poorly trained phone reps or such.  (The ultimate judgment call to wrongly void the customer's warranty was made/relayed be the CEO's office team.)  Selling a card with a design defect (in this particular case, a card so heavy it breaks under its own weight), then denying the warranty claim when it inevitably breaks, is not only highly unethical, but also almost certainly highy illegal.

If you want more, just scroll up; you'll so many reports against Asus just in this thread alone that I lost count long ago, not to mention all the complaints on other sites and forums.

Quite frankly Asus has had more than enough time, and warnings, to change their policies.  LMG needs to pause all Asus sponsorships until Asus actually starts to take real action to change their policies.  I'm not saying that LMG can never work with Asus ever again; on the contrary, if Asus actually changes their ways, that should be rewarded, and sponsorships can/should continue then.  But until/unless things do actually change, each Asus sponsorship is just resulting in more members of the LMG audience getting screwed out of thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours (due to the constant runarounds).

The whole point of TMB was that a written warranty is no good if a company doesn't actually respect it.  Asus keeps proving again and again and again that they don't.  Now LMG needs to take appropriate action.

19 hours ago, QwertyChouskie said:

@LinusTech This is yet one more of countless of these major Asus warranty issues I've read in this thread alone.  This one in particular is an especially clear demonstration of how the issue is from the top of the company down, not just some fluke situations with poorly trained phone reps or such.  (The ultimate judgment call to wrongly void the customer's warranty was made/relayed be the CEO's office team.)  Selling a card with a design defect (in this particular case, a card so heavy it breaks under its own weight), then denying the warranty claim when it inevitably breaks, is not only highly unethical, but also almost certainly highy illegal.

If you want more, just scroll up; you'll so many reports against Asus just in this thread alone that I lost count long ago, not to mention all the complaints on other sites and forums.

Quite frankly Asus has had more than enough time, and warnings, to change their policies.  LMG needs to pause all Asus sponsorships until Asus actually starts to take real action to change their policies.  I'm not saying that LMG can never work with Asus ever again; on the contrary, if Asus actually changes their ways, that should be rewarded, and sponsorships can/should continue then.  But until/unless things do actually change, each Asus sponsorship is just resulting in more members of the LMG audience getting screwed out of thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours (due to the constant runarounds).

The whole point of TMB was that a written warranty is no good if a company doesn't actually respect it.  Asus keeps proving again and again and again that they don't.  Now LMG needs to take appropriate action.

100% agreed. LTT paused their SecretLab ads because of a repeated issue with their chair arms, but Asus was kept even after months of serious complaints about their customer service without even a rep on this forum. I guess that's what sponsoring an Expo gets you.

52 minutes ago, Francisco Pinsaro said:

100% agreed. LTT paused their SecretLab ads because of a repeated issue with their chair arms, but Asus was kept even after months of serious complaints about their customer service without even a rep on this forum. I guess that's what $5,000 tech upgrades and sponsoring an Expo gets you.

Oh you reminded me, since I got stabbed by the chair, I had to go to the doctors and get a tetanus shot. Thanks secretlab

Hello Im watching todays stream (2023-10-27) and I saw that you are sponsored by GMG (Green Man Gaming) I just wanted to ask if you have vetted them ? They have been accused of selling unauthorized CD keys multiple times in the past and just wanted to know what is going on now with them thanks ! 

Hi Team

We've been running Unifi from Ubiquiti for a while now, and have unfortunately had nothing but problems.

It seems that their Aggregation, and Aggregation Pro switches, are just, not fit for purpose, and we have had both of these products freeze up at different times.

We also find frequently that our devices will reset to a 'CloudKey IP' of 0.0.0.0 (obviously not correct) on an almost daily basis, but on random switches.

Ubiquiti support has been quite poor so far, just telling us to hire a networking professional (I am a networking professional, as well as both of my bosses). 

It is poor form to see firmware hit the market that hasn't been tested, and we frequently find ourselves in a battle of Ubiquiti telling us to upgrade, and the upgrade then breaking everything else.

Is there any ability for LTT to put pressure on Ubiquiti to improve their customer support and/or get us actual help with our issues? Network drop outs daily are affecting our business, and stopping us from investing in their products any further.

I feel your sponsor FlexiSpot mislead LTT and by extension the audience in its recent coupon code “LTT30” in the video Turning Garbage into Gaming…”.

Linus said to use the code “LTT30” to get 30% off your order with no minimum purchase.

there are two incorrect statements in what Linus said.

the code gets you $30 off not 30%.  The second incorrect statement was there is no minimum.  Trying to use the code on a lower cost item is rejected.

Well its been a few weeks since i last posted about my Asus issues with my 3080 Strix. This nightmare has been going on since august but my first post was not till September.

So keep in mind i first sent my GPU in for repairs like 8 months ago, i was told that i was being sent a brand new GPU and that's why i was getting an LHR card over my non LHR. This seemed logical since the non LHR cards were only made for a short period of time. The GPU in question had a fan fan that stopped working. this RMA period was like a week long between GPU being mailed and me having the "new GPU" They did make me pay 120$ for shipping which i though was a little extrema to say the least.

About 6 months after i got what i though was a new GPU it also started to have issues. This GPU was having screen looking issues where my screens would go black and i would have to hard reset my computer before i could use it again. It was at this point when i was calling the RMA department that i found out that my card was not new but instead a "fixed" broken GPU. This RMA period took about a month from when from when i sent the GPU in to when i got another broken GPU that was "Fixed" I was also forced to pay another 90$ for shipping, overnight one day shipping. they intern sent it via the slowest option with tracking. so shipping alone took a week and a half to get to me. This time around i did ask for a brand new GPU since i did not trust there ability to actually fix something since well i had already received a broken item that i was told was both brand new and fixed. However they said that they never sent out brand new cards nor did they have them at there repair center at all.

The day that i picked up this "Fixed" GPU and put it into my computer it immediately started to have issues. albeit different issues to start with. This time around i was getting a tone of artifact when gaming, or just watching YouTube, screen flickering. Checker box patterns popping up too. So a lot of things that sound like a V ram issue to me. This "Fixed GPU" also started to exhibit the same issues that the GPU i sent in was showing.  I promptly emailed them back and stated that they had sent me another broken GPU. I got no reply back from them. I then took the advice from another person on this form and Emailed the heads of Asus. This did get some moment and without me sending in another RMA form they started to email me about my issues. I was now being asked to fill out a form about my computers make up IE part brake down, what drivers i was using, bios info, and windows version and pack version. I sent all of this in. and then got like nothing for about a week and a half. I then got an email from some guy names Karl Macdamba, I am guessing he must be some one semi important since he was emailing me directly from an Asus email instead of a generic RMA email. In this email i was told that they would issue me a brand new GPU however i would need to pay for the shipping of the broken GPU. I emailed back saying that i was bothered that i had to pay for the shipping on an item that they sent me that was broke when they sent it to me. I also brought up that i would have spent 310$ alone on shipping. I suggested that they just send it to the memory express location in my town and i could pick it up there and drop off the broken one, that way i don't meed to pay for shipping. After a week of not hearing back from Karl i emailed him again asking for information. A few days later i got a reply from Karl sating that they could not send the card to memory express since it was coming from there repair center. He also said that the card would not be in a sealed box since they had to test it to make sure it worked. This to me had a few big red flags. The first one being that they now had found a brand new 3080 in box at a place that does not stock brand new cards, Two that they needed to test the card to make sure it worked, three that ones again i was supposed to pay for something that i was sent that never even worked, and also that i have had to ask for every followup email that and i would include all of the higher ups in my emails however he would make sure to remove them from the email chain. This all came across as a big red flag for me. But mainly the oh its brand new, trust us again when we say it, even though its coming from a place that does not stock or hold brand new items..... and ya we need to test it... but we promises this time that it actually is new  

I am still waiting for a response to my last email where i stated my concerns with this "New GPU" along with again needing to pay for shipping.  I suspect ill have to email them again to get a response.

I it feels like dealing with Asus is like watching an episode of Dragon ball Z were like nothing happens over the cores of like 15 episodes.

On 10/28/2023 at 11:32 PM, Sitta said:

I it feels like dealing with Asus is like watching an episode of Dragon ball Z were like nothing happens over the cores of like 15 episodes.

Atp just file a chargeback and get your money back, you've given them plenty of time to rectify things

Please tag me @RTX 3090 so I can see your reply

Hello all,

First time poster here, just to warn whomever may be interested about the sponsor for the recent pool cooling system (203-10-30 or 2023-10-29):

Odoo as a piece of software, technically sucks.
It is the definition of spaghetti code.
It should be a case study in bad software architecture.
It's bad to the point of being dangerous for adopters who don't know what they're doing. It should not be advertised or sold to people without a decent amount of technical ability and know-how or outside striking distance of a well-trained IT department.

I know this because i work with it everyday as a developer for one of the biggest enterprise clients Odoo has in my country ( 250+ user licenses, growing by the month). All in all, i got 4+ years of experience with it, enough to give some objectivity to my opinion.

As advertised, the software is modular. It has a base module that include core code and functionalities that get extended by other modules.
This allows for people to only get the functionality they need.
It also means that, down in the code, even with 4-5 modules installed, everything might extend everything else, and any piece of code might be  functionally interwoven to anything else but not directly linked to it, since the system is modular. This makes debugging and developing a hellish nightmare. It also means that, when two modules interact badly and generate a bug (which is a certainty, as even the official modules are often buggy), it is virtually impossible for non technical users to figure out what's happening and try to solve the underlying problem.
This is just the most egregious of defects, and believe me, there is plenty other stuff that is horrible, but this is the clearest and the easiest to verify.
Just look at the code: the core modules are all open-source. In fact, the whole thing started as a open-source project.

See for yourself.

Now, you might be thinking "stfu and git gud,scrub", and I'd have a hard time convincing you that my skills are not the issue, and that the software is bad, and would be equally bad regardless of me, my job or my existence.
I could point you to the 1.7 / 5 on trustpilot, but luckily, their own documentation might do the trick: https://www.odoo.com/documentation/16.0/developer/reference/backend/orm.html#inheritance-and-extension
in the inheritance section, it basically tells you that there are three ways of inheriting and extending things, to different effects.
Observe carefully this tasty morsel:

image.thumb.png.5e4726bf6af1ac12354a37923fe2db82.png

This is their official documentation.
Saying that one of the form of inheritance the software provides is "more or less there".

In layman's terms, it would be like the operating manual of a calculator saying something to the tune of "Be careful: the "minus" functionality is more or less there, don't use it if you can, and if you do subsequent subtractions like 5 minus 3 minus 1, we can't guarantee that the result will be 1".

Now imagine yourself giving advertising space and visibility for such a calculator.

I hope you will reconsider working with them in the future.
I have no real chip on my shoulder, but I have witnessed and keep on witnessing first-hand the amount of misery that choosing that software created in the company i work for, from us in the IT department upwards all the way to management people and other bigwigs.
I would feel bad to allow that to proliferate elsewhere without trying to warn others.

Stay clear of this. Choose sanity. Be well.

1 hour ago, RTX 3090 said:

Atp just file a chargeback and get your money back, you've given them plenty of time to rectify things

I would but I got the card before the 4080 was out so there is no way I would get a charge back accepted. Also sadly that would only affect Memory express and not Asus.

1 hour ago, Sitta said:

I would but I got the card before the 4080 was out so there is no way I would get a charge back accepted. Also sadly that would only affect Memory express and not Asus.

You don't know until you try.  Also try to cgargeback the shipping charges, you should never be charged for an RMA for a product under warranty.

If that fails, small claims court time.  It's not anywhere near as scary as it sounds.

@Other James

Your response to our discussion over Thorum "dinosaur bone" vs "fossil" just lacks.

We understand that dinosaur bones are actually fossils. When people talk about dinosaur bones, it’s usually accepted that what is meant is fossils. And even though it goes on to talk and teach about fossils specifically, the American Museum of Natural History’s fossil webpage is labeled and titled “Dinosaur Bones.” Thorum is also transparent on their site showing a photo of what they use in their rings. If it really is that irksome, we can talk to Thorum about using the term fossil instead of bone.

Considering that their product page does use the word "bone" while materials do show it as rock/fossil, this imo isn't just terminology issue. Quote from product page:

We used 4 BILLION year old Gibeon meteorite, and genuine 65 million-year-old T-Rex bone to bring this ring to life. Each ring comes with authenticity cards.

Thats pretty bold claim, and I would demand to see the paperwork to back it up. They could post pictures of their certificates (even with parts blurred if needed to keep trade secrets in tact), about dating and other analysis. Like how they know it really is T-Rex or dinosaur? That would require either DNA profile or something else to prove where it came from. From the page you linked in that post:

Our T-Rex bone is dated in the Hell Creek Formation (Cretaceous period), and came from present day Montana. 

I don't doubt that its from Hell Creek Formation. But giving it age that fits narrative, thats bit different. In upper quote, 65Ma. Hell Creek Formation, 68-66Ma. Yes, its bit nitpicking, but so is bending narration to sound better than what it actually is. Besides ofc it being fossil rock, not actual bone. And as rock, probably from near actual fossil remains than remains themselves.

I don't think its worth for you to try and get them to be decent. Imo you should just drop them when current contract ends.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Hello! I'm your channel long time viewer first of all thanks for your amazing content that you creating!

But here I'm to tell my personal story about one of your sponsors: Hetzner.

As software developer I very interested in Hetzner's sweet deals and their ARM servers. But when I tried to create account on their site I faced discrimination by my citizenship.

I born in Russia and live most part of my life there, but after full blown invasion of russian army to Ukraine I leaved the country. I have different bank cards of banks from different countries to pay for services, but Hetzner requires ID verification. And I'm totally okay with "know your customer" polices, but I will able to verify my identity only with my russian passport. Unfortunately get new citizenship isn't so easy as a new bank card.

I tried to create account on Hetzner's platform twice, but after submitting photos of my russian passport both of my accounts was banned for "security reasons". After I tried to reach their support by email to understand is it because my citizenship or maybe it's because some other reasons I was just ignored.

I fully understand all pollitical context of situation, sanctions and all the stuff, but for a lot of companies and services a bank card from some not russian bank is enough to work with you. Banning you from using their services and ignoring you because of citizenship in my opinion the pure form of descrimination. At least I want some explanation from Hetzner about this situation.

Unfortunately I can't show you their emails because that situation happened more than half of year ago and I clearing my email very often. But if you need any proof of that story I can try to register again, result probably will be same.