LMG Sponsor Complaints

CPotter

Please do not sign sponsors when you think their products are 'awful', 'scary' and 'horrifying'.. (which they are)

2 hours ago, Eluya said:

Please do not sign sponsors when you think their products are 'awful', 'scary' and 'horrifying'.. (which they are)

TBF the comments seemed to be about the current state of AI is crazy/impressive/terrifying, not to do with the particular sponsor being bad.

On 10/15/2023 at 3:02 PM, Ahriii01 said:

Shot them an email that confirmed I received the board and that I am still looking for CPU compensation (the AMD customer service rep also recommended me to continue pursing ASUS for a replacement 5900X). I guess I'll update this with their response. Not really confident that this will work out though. 

How rather unsurprising... So I guess I'm just left with a non-functioning computer because "theres nothing we can do about it"?

Screenshot_20231017_122450_Email.thumb.jpg.d1525ae9417adfa3102c7e964d5f5556.jpg

4 hours ago, Eluya said:

I think thats intentionally made. Some of the scrip sounds like joke on the top, a satire almost. And yes, its note on technology on whole, not this particular sponsor.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Ecoflow has a poor behiavor with small to medium creators.

Here's a story from a french creator : Henri Hihacks

He signed a contract for 2 sponsored videos with Ecoflow. The production started.

Then he had to wait to receive the first product showcased in the first video.

Buuuut, they took too long (about 3 months) to send the items. Henri, 2 months later, told them that they now have 2 weeks to send the product or he would only showcase the second product and upload the video. 

Which he did, they didn't respect their side of the contract.

Onece the video went live, they opted off the contract not sponsoring the second video because, I quote (and translate) "You have a used a product that is normally used flat by tilting it towards the camera"

If you want to learn more : (7:27)

Turn on auto translation with subtitles

Imo, it's a rather poor company politic / poor staff abilities 

This creator runs a small business, therefore their behaviour has 1) impacted them badly 2) No effect on Ecoflow cuz' Hihacks doesn't have nor the money nor the ressouces to pursue them

Edited by Jonathan_bdlf
Grammar / spelling

Purchased a SilverStone ST1200-PTS via Amazon and am returning it due to a weird buzzing noise it makes when plugged in. 

3 hours ago, cwoodyard said:

Purchased a SilverStone ST1200-PTS via Amazon and am returning it due to a weird buzzing noise it makes when plugged in. 

That sounds like normal issue like coil whine. Unless they refuse or try to argue about it, or you happen to receive 2 more faulty ones, I don't see reason to complain. With all physical products, there's always chance of failure. More so with electronics and even after all QC. About 1% of all sold products of any product line will have manufacturing defect. It's about how company reacts to customer returns that matters.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I can't believe I'm posting about this, but I feel like I have to share my updated experience with Secret Lab and their gaming chairs, and I'm not thrilled about it. If you've ever considered purchasing from them, you might want to hear what I've been through.

I initially thought my problems with Secret Lab's customer service were behind me, but recent events have convinced me otherwise. It seems like dealing with their customer service is a never-ending battle of attrition, with their primary tactic being to provide as little help as possible and repeat the same phrases until you give up.

So, what's prompted me to revisit this nightmare? I recently experienced something straight out of a horror movie - I got stabbed by my Secret Lab chair. Yes, you read that correctly, I got stabbed by a gaming chair. I never thought I'd type those words in my life.

Here's the backstory: I had a guest over, and I wanted to be a good host, so I pulled out my old, crappy Secret Lab chair from my spare room, leaving my guest to sit in my comfortable Staples office chair. I wasn't thrilled about it, but I didn't want to make my guest sit in the Secret Lab chair.

While sitting on the Secret Lab chair, wearing shorts, I suddenly felt an excruciating, searing pain in my left thigh. I jumped up in shock, only to realize that a random piece of metal had scraped all the way down my thigh, leaving behind a nasty puncture wound that was bleeding. It was a surreal and painful experience, to say the least.

Now, here's where the customer service nightmare continues, Secret Lab refuses to do anything about it, they refuse to warranty the upholstery of their chairs. You know, the CHAIR part of a gaming chair! It's absurd that a company would disavow any responsibility for a product that could potentially cause injuries.

I'm hesitant to share pictures of the injury here, as there might be rules against posting such graphic content, but trust me, it was not a pleasant sight.

So, I wanted to post this as a word of caution to anyone considering a Secret Lab chair. Their customer service has consistently proven to be unhelpful and seemingly designed to wear you down with circular conversations.

PXL_20231020_114620384.jpg

On 10/11/2023 at 9:19 AM, Luka Rolak said:

Hi, I just want to complain about ASUS, I bought two monitors from them

https://www.ebay.com/itm/364467674870

and they both arrived broken. Any QA would have cought the issue.

Luckly I got a return label for the first monitor and I think I will get it as well for the other one without problems.

PXL_20231011_161012804.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Hi, We apologize for the inconvenience you've went through. Please send us a DM so we can help. We take pride in providing satisfactory customer service. If you would allow, please provide us with your case # along with a detailed description of your issue so we can follow up and research your case history. Your feedback is important to us and we'll be sure to forward to the Management Team to avoid these issues in the future.

2 hours ago, Asus_NAsupport said:

Hi, We apologize for the inconvenience you've went through. Please send us a DM so we can help. We take pride in providing satisfactory customer service. If you would allow, please provide us with your case # along with a detailed description of your issue so we can follow up and research your case history. Your feedback is important to us and we'll be sure to forward to the Management Team to avoid these issues in the future.

If this is real you should be marked as an industry affiliate, so @leadeater @TVwazhere @Spotty maybe you wanna reach out? 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Some concerns regarding AG1 https://www.consumerlab.com/reviews/greens-whole-foods-powders-supplements/greens/

this is paywalled but I can get a copy for LMG staff internal use if requested. I don't check the forum so if staff would like it please use the email address linked to my account, you have my explicit permission. Or Via the email on my floatplane account or another email I have used to email Joe on the FP team. This is the same username as my FP account

Edited by TrevorW
information about contact info

Was wondering if y'all were working with 8 Sleep again after the required membership thing a few months back. Just got an email using the water cooled bed video as a promotion for their product. 

linus.png

First of, Thank You for taking the time to read this / take our feedback into consideration.

I say this both as someone who quite enjoyed this past week's WAN Show, and as someone who has both bought, and been very satisfied by my Thorum meteorite ring after using your referral code.

DINOSUAR BONES DO NOT EXIST.

What Thorum and many similar retailers claim to make such rings out of are fragments of FOSSILS OF Dinosaur Bones. Linus made this distinction exactly once, and has since neglected to clarify it ever again. The "Vessi claims 100% waterproof." (as nothing truly is) phrasing/stance you all seem to try to take is something that I very much appreciate. To me a fossil vs an actual f*cking dinosaur bone is an even bigger distinction because "Waterproof" is a far more common term in marketing now days. Regardless if you are going to take a stance on one I'd appreciate you clarifying this as well. And I doubt I'm the only one. Otherwise, as far as I'm concerned my cat is the fiercest predator I've ever encountered and my table is technically edible.

*I have no idea why the above paragraph is formatted this way. Your forums seem to do weird things when you change font size and then attempt to change your formatting back. Apologies for that regardless, quite possibly user error here.

Also, this is completely unrelated, but Next WAN show I'd appreciate if the crew could actually answered this poor parking lot attendant's question that he paid actual money to ask. Linus started to, and then IMMEDIATELY got side-tracked by Luke and what he and Dan brought up because it was more interesting to him at the time.' I know there are plenty of messages that go completely unread, so this is really no different than that. I really think that it was Dan, as the producer, who dropped the ball here in keeping both L&L on-track to answering the question. Imo Linus should smash more things into the table to punish him for this. But for real tho it would be chill if you guys could loop-back and give him an answer. Or maybe the subsequent printer segment qualifies. 404

Again, Thanks for taking sponsor / feedback at all. It's a hell of a lot more than most do. And is part of the "try to actually not suck" attitude that I think a lot of us are here for. ❤️

- Crash

15 hours ago, lococo987 said:

Was wondering if y'all were working with 8 Sleep again after the required membership thing a few months back. Just got an email using the water cooled bed video as a promotion for their product. 

linus.png

The sponsored videos made in past are paid by the sponsor of the video. Depending on contract, LMG might not have any say on how sponsor of said video uses it in their marketing. It may not be current or future sponsor, but the contract and content was made in agreement.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 10/20/2023 at 10:04 PM, TrevorW said:

Some concerns regarding AG1 https://www.consumerlab.com/reviews/greens-whole-foods-powders-supplements/greens/

this is paywalled but I can get a copy for LMG staff internal use if requested. I don't check the forum so if staff would like it please use the email address linked to my account, you have my explicit permission. Or Via the email on my floatplane account or another email I have used to email Joe on the FP team. This is the same username as my FP account

On top of that, AG1 claims they're "backed by science" (including on the very first page you hit when you go to the site), talk about how responsible they are with their ingredients, yet go on about being non-GMO.

Soylent, for example, also claims they're backed by science and explain why they include GMOs in their products. Plenty of independent research also backs up Soylent's claims.

8 hours ago, Crash The Noise said:

DINOSUAR BONES DO NOT EXIST.

Several of us have been saying this for months.  They still keep claiming they use dinosaur bones.  It's false advertising.

1 hour ago, Gaz 1888 said:

Today’s sponsorship of NORD VPN?? I thought VPNs were on the no go list?

IMG_2246.png

what video has a NORD sponsor? I'm only asking because NORD in particular seems to have had MANY issues over the years

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

7 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

what video has a NORD sponsor? I'm only asking because NORD in particular seems to have had MANY issues over the years

Todays video “How should have done this in the first place”

Just now, Gaz 1888 said:

I'll have to look on youtube, I watch on FloatPlane usually. 

If they do have a NORD sponsor I think they need to publish why they decided to go back on what they have said previously 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

4 minutes ago, Gaz 1888 said:

3 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

If they do have a NORD sponsor I think they need to publish why they decided to go back on what they have said previously 

It seems to be for Nord in general. Other services by them are mentioned, like a password manager, but not the VPN. The quote below from this thread is also talked about here.

On 9/25/2023 at 3:56 PM, Other James said:

Hey, just wanted to touch on this one since it is the start of the week. But I anticipate on having a bit more info on this for our weekly debrief Friday.

We've worked with Nord for a few years now, and have always told them we didn't want to promote their VPN. So it's a bit disheartening to see it brought back to the landing page. Hoping this was an accident on their end, and just a communication breakdown.

However, regarding the false countdown on their site, that is absolutely deplorable and we will be pressing them on this. Thanks for bringing that to our attention.

Thank you for your well formatted, kindly worded, and thought out post.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Just now, GOTSpectrum said:

It’s the sponsor at the end of the video. I only brought it up as knew the stance on VPNs as avid WAN show viewer so was surprised to see NORD VPN. 

Agreed if there stance has changed then it should be brought up. Tho could just be another one that’s slipped through the cracks. 

6 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

It seems to be for Nord in general. Other services by them are mentioned, like a password manager, but not the VPN. The quote below from this thread is also talked about here.

Hmm 🤔 interesting. I do stand mistaken that it’s NORD SECURITY not NORD VPN tho if they are connected to NORD VPN I’m surprised still do it because the part about

We used to partner with Private Internet Access, but they, among others, were acquired by a single holding company, leading to concerns about privacy and data.”

If it would be reasonable to have those concerns with NORD VPN then wouldn’t it still be the same with sister company’s or sub company whatever the correct term would be. 

Eg the whole Anker / eufy situation. The problem was Eufy and stopped Anker partnerships. 

1 hour ago, Gaz 1888 said:

Today’s sponsorship of NORD VPN?? I thought VPNs were on the no go list?

IMG_2246.png

The advertisement was for Nord's other products. LMG won't advertise the VPN but they do advertise their other products like their password manager. 

LMG might refuse to advertise the VPN services, but I'm sure Nord is smart enough to know that advertising their other services is just as effective as advertising the VPN itself. It's just a loophole to get around their self imposed rules of things they won't advertise. Most people associate Nord with their VPN and if you google Nord the top results are for the VPN. An ad for Nord is an ad for NordVPN. 

I'm not sure if LMG is aware but nordvpn.com/linus is a valid creator page and promotes the same 4 month discount that LMG advertised for their other products. If LMG refuses to accept sponsorship for their VPN why does it link to their creator page for the VPN? 🤔 Gives the impression that LMG is also endorsing the VPN.

https://nordvpn.com/creator/tech/nord-web-page/?coupon=linus&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_term&utm_content&utm_campaign=off292&utm_source=aff8358

However, regarding the false countdown on their site, that is absolutely deplorable and we will be pressing them on this. Thanks for bringing that to our attention.

Nord still has the fake countdown timer on its homepage, LMG must not have pressed them too hard about it if it's still there and they're still advertising them.

I wouldn't actually mind if LMG did advertise VPNs, including NordVPN. As long as it is done in a way that isn't deceptive, misleading, or sensationalist. Unfortunately so many VPN companies engage in really deceptive marketing strategies like misleading ad reads saying things like you'll get hacked/infected if you don't use a VPN, fake promotion countdowns on their home page to create a sense of urgency to pressure people in to buying, or creator discount codes that promise X% off or X months free if you use the discount code that actually end up being the same deal or sometimes even worse than the regular price. 

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

5 minutes ago, Spotty said:

The advertisement was for Nord's other products. LMG won't advertise the VPN but they do advertise their other products like their password manager. 

LMG might refuse to advertise the VPN services, but I'm sure Nord is smart enough to know that advertising their other services is just as effective as advertising the VPN itself. It's just a loophole to get around their self imposed rules of things they won't advertise. Most people associate Nord with their VPN and if you google Nord the top results are for the VPN. An ad for Nord is an ad for NordVPN. 

I'm not sure if LMG is aware but nordvpn.com/linus is a valid creator page and promotes the same 4 month discount that LMG advertised for their other products. If LMG refuses to accept sponsorship for their VPN why does it link to their creator page for the VPN? 🤔 Gives the impression that LMG is also endorsing the VPN.

https://nordvpn.com/creator/tech/nord-web-page/?coupon=linus&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_term&utm_content&utm_campaign=off292&utm_source=aff8358

Nord still has the fake countdown timer on its homepage, LMG must not have pressed them too hard about it if it's still there and they're still advertising them.

I wouldn't actually mind if LMG did advertise VPNs, including NordVPN. As long as it is done in a way that isn't deceptive, misleading, or sensationalist. Unfortunately so many VPN companies engage in really deceptive marketing strategies like misleading ad reads saying things like you'll get hacked/infected if you don't use a VPN, fake promotion countdowns on their home page to create a sense of urgency to pressure people in to buying, or creator discount codes that promise X% off or X months free if you use the discount code that actually end up being the same deal or sometimes even worse than the regular price. 

Also when you click the link in the video the first thing the offer under Linus’s picture is the VPN service which isn’t the sponsorship so shouldn’t be there. 

IMG_2248.jpeg