Zenimax to ban abusers of dupe bug in Elder Scrolls Online

KakaoDj

Kitguru article

Keeping the economy balanced in such a game is paramount, and Zenimax might have to roll back the servers to fix this. This has been a problem for a while, but Zenimeax is just getting around to dealing with it.They plan on banning users who abused this, just as Rockstar did with the money bug abusers in GTA5.

I think it's a good response, since an unbalanced economy can easily ruin the game for many. The exploiters are breaking the terms of service, so it would be weird if they didn't get banned. But still, it would not have been an Elder Scrolls game if not for infinite cheese wheels  :lol:

“Yesterday, we identified an item duping bug in ESO that some players chose to exploit. We acted quickly, and have since fixed the issue. We have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to abusing exploitable bugs, and those who were found doing so will have their game account permanently banned.”

esodupe_610.jpg

This must have taken you so long to post because you did a great job of putting in your opinion and posting some info.

Using a shitty laptop, and as i have said countless times to others, i ALWAYS give input.

Using a shitty laptop, and as i have said countless times to others, i ALWAYS give input.

You just edited that stuff in smartass.

every mmorpg I have played has had a bug similier to this. It's almost part of genre at this point.

Yeah  :blink:  Am i not allowed to edit the OP?

That shit was reported in beta. Never got fixed. Also, this game is flooded with bots alrdy. I'm glad i didn't buy it 

You probably didn't need to rush and go through with the whole 'post link and edit OP with additional info after' thing since other gaming websites reported on this days ago, and nobody here apparently thought it newsworthy (I kinda don't think it is). :P

I think ESO sucks, but it's not like it's the only MMO to have a significant glitch on launch. *shrug*

It's their own fault for putting the bug into the game to begin with. You can hardly blame anyone for taking advantage for their own screw-up. These people pay monthly for a game that isn't anywhere nearly as good as any of the older Elder Scrolls games in-terms of being an Elder Scroll game and when they find a glitch that can help them have more fun I say let them be. You shouldn't ban someone over something like this. Besides Zenimax should have made Fallout 4 instead of this Elder Scrolls online. It's been 4 years since New Vegas came out and I really need a dose from my favorite gaming franchise.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

It's their own fault for putting the bug into the game to begin with. You can hardly blame anyone for taking advantage for their own screw-up. These people pay monthly for a game that isn't anywhere nearly as good as any of the older Elder Scrolls games in-terms of being an Elder Scroll game and when they find a glitch that can help them have more fun I say let them be. You shouldn't ban someone over something like this. Besides Zenimax should have made Fallout 4 instead of this Elder Scrolls online. It's been 4 years since New Vegas came out and I really need a dose from my favorite gaming franchise.

Yeah, it's their own fault for not fixing the bug earlier when reports has been made a lot earlier... but letting those people exploiting the glitch isn't good either as that can seriously impact other players as well... however, I don't see banning these people is exactly the right thing to do since it's their failure to fix before launch that makes this happens but something has to be done as well.

After spending like ~4 weeks in ESO after launch + 3 stress test beta session, I'd say ZoS failed miserably. Just like any other MMOs (or always-online DRM games) if not worse. As much as I don't like F2P models, I do see it really is going that way. I hope I'm wrong. It's not like the game isn't good while maybe not excellent, but if every single bug I found in beta is still in launch and maintenance to fix it now is like almost every 2 days I don't see bright future for this game. I hope ZoS can turn the table around before it hits 3 months age, or SWToR all over again.

Gadgets: Lenovo Y580 (Nostromo, Naga Epic, Hydra, TrackIr5), Surface Pro 3 (i3), Lumia 930, PSVita

Rig: i7-4770K, 8GB Kingston HyperX, Asus Strix GTX970, MSI Z87-GD65, Asus Xonar DGX, CMStorm Scout II, CM Seidon 240M, BlackWidow Ultimate, Naga Epic, Goliathus Extended Control, TrackIr5, Sennheiser HD205, Audio-Technica ATR2500, Edifier speaker, Logitech G940, Logitech G27, Logitech F710, Dell S2340L, Philips 200VL, Samsung 830 128GB SSD, DXRacer FA01N

Yeah, it's their own fault for not fixing the bug earlier when reports has been made a lot earlier... but letting those people exploiting the glitch isn't good either as that can seriously impact other players as well... however, I don't see banning these people is exactly the right thing to do since it's their failure to fix before launch that makes this happens but something has to be done as well.

After spending like ~4 weeks in ESO after launch + 3 stress test beta session, I'd say ZoS failed miserably. Just like any other MMOs (or always-online DRM games) if not worse. As much as I don't like F2P models, I do see it really is going that way. I hope I'm wrong. It's not like the game isn't good while maybe not excellent, but if every single bug I found in beta is still in launch and maintenance to fix it now is like almost every 2 days I don't see bright future for this game. I hope ZoS can turn the table around before it hits 3 months age, or SWToR all over again.

My problem with this MMo is that it won't be remembered like the other Elder Scrolls games. It will last maybe a couple of years and then go down the drain. Which is a shame because the dev time could have been put elsewhere like a new Elder Scrolls game or a new Fallout game which gets far more love and care from the community. I just wished that the Warcraft style of MMO would just die out already. MMO's like Planetside 2 are the way it should be moving but it isn't which disappoints me. I don't mean FPS but I mean games like they would be in single  player or smaller multiplayer games but with bigger maps and more people. If they had just made a proper Elder Scrolls game but allowed you to play the game in coupe that would have been the way it would be best. Actually that was what people wanted to start with not an MMO. Well I did anyway. The same with Fallout, they should have a CO-op feature so you can play with 1 other friend and that is it.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Yep, they ban them for exploiting this bug because Zenimax don't make any money out of it,  but what about all the bots and gold spammers?  I think zenimax might make too much money out of them to ban those guys.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

My problem with this MMo is that it won't be remembered like the other Elder Scrolls games. It will last maybe a couple of years and then go down the drain. Which is a shame because the dev time could have been put elsewhere like a new Elder Scrolls game or a new Fallout game which gets far more love and care from the community. I just wished that the Warcraft style of MMO would just die out already. MMO's like Planetside 2 are the way it should be moving but it isn't which disappoints me. I don't mean FPS but I mean games like they would be in single  player or smaller multiplayer games but with bigger maps and more people. If they had just made a proper Elder Scrolls game but allowed you to play the game in coupe that would have been the way it would be best. Actually that was what people wanted to start with not an MMO. Well I did anyway. The same with Fallout, they should have a CO-op feature so you can play with 1 other friend and that is it.

Would have to agree with you. If they just made a Skyrim or Fallout that had a drop in/out kinda multiplayer, it would be an instant buy, even if it was almost exactly the same game. Though, because of the lack of that kind of multiplayer, I waited for those game to get on a pretty nice sale.

So people are being banned because they jumped on a bug that wasn't fixed due to Zenimax's negligence?

GG. Guess everyone will be playing ESO when it becomes F2P then!

You probably didn't need to rush and go through with the whole 'post link and edit OP with additional info after' thing since other gaming websites reported on this days ago, and nobody here apparently thought it newsworthy (I kinda don't think it is). :P

I think ESO sucks, but it's not like it's the only MMO to have a significant glitch on launch. *shrug*

True yet you kinda answered yourself there at least for me: Even if I was to put aside my natural hatred for MMOs (which in my mind is closely tied to my natural hatred of paying fucking bills) the fact that is not even a decent one just takes a huge dump on Elder Scrolls mythology. Yes I know it's technically "in the past" however I would prefer it if this game was not only non-cannon but non-fucking-existent at all: It didn't need the Elder Scrolls setting it could just has easily have been a generic fantasy MMORPG and that way a lot less people would have been duped into buying this piece of shit.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Couldn't agree more on how ppl really want Elder's Scroll to be.

When I first play Skyrim, what in my thought is "It would be great if I can have this great adventure with my friend"

Not, "it would be excellent if I can see hundreds other players doing the exact same quest as me while has no relations at all to me making me confused all the time who is the real hero in this story"

Also, not "I freaking love to battle somebody else in this game"

Gadgets: Lenovo Y580 (Nostromo, Naga Epic, Hydra, TrackIr5), Surface Pro 3 (i3), Lumia 930, PSVita

Rig: i7-4770K, 8GB Kingston HyperX, Asus Strix GTX970, MSI Z87-GD65, Asus Xonar DGX, CMStorm Scout II, CM Seidon 240M, BlackWidow Ultimate, Naga Epic, Goliathus Extended Control, TrackIr5, Sennheiser HD205, Audio-Technica ATR2500, Edifier speaker, Logitech G940, Logitech G27, Logitech F710, Dell S2340L, Philips 200VL, Samsung 830 128GB SSD, DXRacer FA01N

A small clarification: This travesty was made by another developer entirely, Zenimax studios. Bethesda's name is only there as a publisher, not a developer. The resources they dedicated to this game were probably not coming out of their main line of games (Elder Scrolls and Fallout) and it was probably just a risk they decided to take when the idea got pitched to them by the fucking hacks who actually developed this. I really don't think that this actually interfered in the development of proper ES games (other than the aforementioned dump taken on it's lore) so I wouldn't worry about taking away resources from one game to finance another one: this isn't Gearbox after all.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Hopefully they can recognize the difference between using the bug and abusing it and are just banning the abusers, and not people that dabbled.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Yeah  :blink:  Am i not allowed to edit the OP?

burn...

It wouldn't be an ES game without a dupe bug to bad big brother was watching them.

"Do not pray for and easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."

"A place where everything and nothing exists, this is my playground."

Couldn't agree more on how ppl really want Elder's Scroll to be.

When I first play Skyrim, what in my thought is "It would be great if I can have this great adventure with my friend"

Not, "it would be excellent if I can see hundreds other players doing the exact same quest as me while has no relations at all to me making me confused all the time who is the real hero in this story"

Also, not "I freaking love to battle somebody else in this game"

Pretty much. No one said ever that they wanted an MMO Elder Scrolls game nor is anyone truly happy that there is one know. People would have prefered another normal Elder Scrolls game and would have been even more happy if they had made one with co-op features. A max of 4 players should be allowed in my opinion. It would have made for such a great game.

(\__/)

(='.'=)