This Review Gets Stranger and Stranger

RILEYISMYNAME

The dumb expensive version of the Dbrand DIY kit with sad Linus is a thing for 99.95$ though it being 1 day only is less clear.

2 minutes ago, Ultraforce said:

Though some of them are probably not all sponsor spots since the JerryRigEverything one at least is very likely to have not been paid for the spot, so they might not have all paid for it but they presumably all were like yeah we are good with you doing this and using their names.

Well the jerryrig one they were sent like a bajillion knives from him at some point so I’d think that counts as payment

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Happy April's fools!

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

Billy Mays would be impressed... but wait, there's more!

I hope all videos will look like this from now on. Great job! 

2 minutes ago, Personliving3624 said:

Can people actually buy the dbrand skin?

yes dbrand's link brings you to their DIY kit which both has sad linus as an option as well as a 100$ version if you want the fancy stuff they talk about.

6 minutes ago, Ultraforce said:

yes dbrand's link brings you to their DIY kit which both has sad linus as an option as well as a 100$ version if you want the fancy stuff they talk about.

Thanks

This was the time to reveal the Linus Vtuber segment..!

Personal Rig:

[UPGRADE]

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900X    Mb: Gigabyte X570 Gaming X    RAM: 2x16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Pro    GPU: Gigabyte NVIDIA RTX 3070    Case: Corsair 400D    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: Antec 850W 80+ Gold    Display(s): GAOO, 现代e窗, Samsung 4K TV

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / Garuda

[OLD]

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 @ 3.2 GHz    Mb: Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3    RAM: 2x4GB DDR4 GSKILL RIPJAWS 4    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960    Case: Aerocool PSG V2X Advance    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronce    Display(s): Samsung LS19B150

Cooling: Aerocool Shark White    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / OpenSUSE

40 minutes ago, fcontreras66 said:

I was 9 minutes in when I realized what day it was. Ugh lol

It took you 9 minutes to realise?

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

I hate ads.

I understand why they are required.

But I hate ads.

I hate them so much, I bought youtube premium for one reason only.

Because of this, I usually skip through the "A word from our Sponsor Section" to get to the meat of the video.

I skipped the entire video, like an idiot trying to get to the "actual content" section.

I then viewed the same video without any skips twice, as I though "man this is some good weed", after I realised I haven't smoked or been stoned in past 12 years.

It did make me click on the forum link though, and made me register an account on LTT forums.

Not sure what the point was here...

Is it a social experiment to get more views - success, I watched it twice.

Is the point to get people to join the LTT Forum - success, I've finally registered after watching LTT videos for years.

AaaaanyHOW.... WTF.

Edited later....

FFS, look at the date.

Well played Linus... If i am ever in Canada, and it is the 1'st of April, beware...

I woke up without realising what day it was (let's face it, we are all losing count of the days passing by) and saw the notification and started the video. Imagine my utter confusion watching this right after waking up.

Really loved the forest scene though. I wonder how long before people actually shakes his hand after that.

One sponsor spot is the norm, two sponsor spots is not. When you got to the third sponsor blurb I knew this was a comedy show.

Also, this would have been more authentic if the date stamp on the video was actually April 1st and not March 31st. #SLOOFLIRPA

26 minutes ago, Luscious said:

One sponsor spot is the norm, two sponsor spots is not. When you got to the third sponsor blurb I knew this was a comedy show.

Also, this would have been more authentic if the date stamp on the video was actually April 1st and not March 31st. #SLOOFLIRPA

For me it said - 4 hours ago, 1st April 2022, sorry US/Canada (and all of North & South America continents)  here in Europe it is April Fools when video was released.

Also, who the actual (quack) enabled Comic Sans today, unreadable mostly on 1440p display.

Sys Admin and part-time gamer, self-host lover, part-time web dev too

Main workstation: HP Z240 Tower Workstation - Xeon E3-1225 V5 - 12GB DDR4 2133MHz (4GB + 8GB Crucial 2133MHz Sticks) - PNY Quadro T600 4GB - 480GB SATA Crucial BX500 - 500GB WD Blue HDD - 1TB WD Green HDD - 280W HP OEM PSU 80+ Gold - DVD-RW Optical Slim - TP-Link AC600 T2U Nano WiFi - Bluetooth 5.0 Realteck Chipset Dongle - Dell P2419H (DP) - Logitech K270 - Logitech G305 Lightspeed - LTT Northern lights deskpad (150x90cm) - Xerox Phaser 3020BI - Windows 11 Pro for Workstation Canary Preview builds

Laptop: Acer VivoBook 15 X512DA - Ryzen 3 3200U - 12GB DDR4 2666MHz (4GB soldered + 8GB Crucial Stick) - Radeon ™ Vega 3 (2GB dedicated in BIOS) - 512GB WDC PC SN520 NVMe - 15.6 inch 1080p IPS - Logitech MK235 Keyboard & Mouse set - TP-Link UE200 USB to Ethernet Dongle - Dell P2419H (HDMI) - Windows 11 Pro Dev Preview builds

Retro Gaming Machine: Prestigio ION Nettop - Atom 230 @1.6GHz - 2GB DDR2 800Mhz - 120GB Kingston HyperX SATA - 65W OEM External PSU - TP-Link AC600 T2U Nano WiFi - Bluetooth 4.0 CSR Dongle - TOSHIBA 32AV933G - Logitech K120 - Logitech M220 Silent - LTT Northern lights Mousepad - WIndows 7 Ultimate x86

Home-Server: AsRock H61M-DGS - Core i5-2400 - 16GB DDR3 1600MHz (Kingston kit) - Intel HD Graphics 2000 - 120GB Crucial BX500 SATA - 1TB WD Blue HDD x 4 - DeLock PCI-E 4 port SATA Card - 450W EVGA 450BR - Lanberg 4U 19inch rack case - ASUS VB178N - Old HP USB Keyboard and mouse combo - 30x30 Cheap mouse pad - SSH - Debian 11.6 - OpenMediaVault - Jellyfin - Docker - HomeAssistant - Custom made 6U network rack (extruded aluminum with wooden panels and possibility for expand ability up to 10U)

2 hours ago, midzan21 said:

Also, who the actual (quack) enabled Comic Sans today, unreadable mostly on 1440p display.

More #SLOOFLIRPA - they enjoy rubbing it in sometimes. But I agree this font is not what you want for everyday use.

This is most certainly a video that Colton wrote 🤣

Got to admit it took me a few seconds to figure out that it was ... a s**tpost 

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

i might be dumb, but who is the woman in the bon appetech part?
also is it weird i actually like the comic sans font on the forums?

RAM 32 GB of Corsair DDR4 3200Mhz            MOTHERBOARD ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
CPU Ryzen 9 5950X             GPU dual r9 290's        COOLING custom water loop using EKWB blocks
STORAGE samsung 970 EVo plus 2Tb Nvme, Samsung 850 EVO 512GB, WD Red 1TB,  Seagate 4 TB and Seagate Exos X18 18TB

Psu Corsair AX1200i
MICROPHONE RODE NT1-A          HEADPHONES Massdrop & Sennheiser HD6xx
MIXER inkel mx-1100   peripherals Corsair k-95 (the og 18G keys one)  and a Corsair scimitar

5 hours ago, Ninja_Otter said:

I hate ads.

I understand why they are required.

But I hate ads.

I hate them so much, I bought youtube premium for one reason only.

Because of this, I usually skip through the "A word from our Sponsor Section" to get to the meat of the video.

https://sponsor.ajay.app/

you're welcome

She/Her

2 hours ago, Sousuke said:

This is most certainly a video that Colton wrote 🤣

Got to admit it took me a few seconds to figure out that it was ... a s**tpost 

Technically it's a video that Riley wrote. Given the credits at the end.

I love the first sponsor: It’s hot, like our sponsor NZXT!

Wonder if anyone else caught the hidden meaning there.

2 hours ago, StephanTW said:

i might be dumb, but who is the woman in the bon appetech part?

Riley's mom

Proof:

image.png.25a1f93ee43a2cfc4943e780bbee0f05.png

42 minutes ago, takagi19 said:

Riley's mom

nice, she played it so well, almost thought it was some Canadian tv cook show hostess or something

RAM 32 GB of Corsair DDR4 3200Mhz            MOTHERBOARD ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
CPU Ryzen 9 5950X             GPU dual r9 290's        COOLING custom water loop using EKWB blocks
STORAGE samsung 970 EVo plus 2Tb Nvme, Samsung 850 EVO 512GB, WD Red 1TB,  Seagate 4 TB and Seagate Exos X18 18TB

Psu Corsair AX1200i
MICROPHONE RODE NT1-A          HEADPHONES Massdrop & Sennheiser HD6xx
MIXER inkel mx-1100   peripherals Corsair k-95 (the og 18G keys one)  and a Corsair scimitar

That's my favorite april fools video so far.