ASUS Z97 Motherboard Lineup Unveiled – Hero, Gene, Ranger, Sabertooth, Deluxe pictured

ocCuS

yes more gold thank you

Personal Rig: i7 7700K - Asus Strix Z270H - 2x8GB GSkill RGB memory 3000Mhz - EVGA GTX1080ti SC2 - 2X Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2

Gold? Champagne?

Who cares, it still looks like crap.

Where's my purple colour scheme boards?! At least give us white so we can dye it!

Gold? Champagne?

Where's my purple colour scheme boards?! At least give us white so we can dye it!

This. Would love this and pair it with a Purple Parvum Systems S2.0 (The case I'm next looking at.) with custom sleeved cables! Would work a treat.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2550K @ 4GHz | Cooler: Gelid Tranquillo Rev. 2 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3

GPU: XFX 1GB HD6850 OC'd | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB | HDD: Samsung 500GB | PSU: Corsair HX520W | Case: Zalman Z11+

This. Would love this and pair it with a Purple Parvum Systems S2.0 (The case I'm next looking at.) with custom sleeved cables! Would work a treat.

Lucky you, living in the UK :(

Gold? Champagne?

Haha I agree, a white one would be good.

So do current Haswell chips fit in Z97 boards? 

EDIT: Just read the article and saw that it does support current Haswell as well as the upcoming Haswelll refresh.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

So do current Haswell chips fit in Z97 boards? 

EDIT: Just read the article and saw that it does support current Haswell as well as the upcoming Haswelll refresh.

And Broadwell, ain't that convenient.

Lucky you, living in the UK :(

While this may be true in this situation :P... We still get overpriced when it comes to the US pricing :P

But I can't wait for a Parvum, looking to do my second ever personal build next month!

CPU: Intel Core i5 2550K @ 4GHz | Cooler: Gelid Tranquillo Rev. 2 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3

GPU: XFX 1GB HD6850 OC'd | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB | HDD: Samsung 500GB | PSU: Corsair HX520W | Case: Zalman Z11+

While this may be true in this situation :P... We still get overpriced when it comes to the US pricing :P

But I can't wait for a Parvum, looking to do my second ever personal build next month!

I asked them about shipping to America, they said I could send them an email with the info to try and help me. I am going to, but I know already it can cost me an eye haha

I asked them about shipping to America, they said I could send them an email with the info to try and help me. I am going to, but I know already it can cost me an eye haha

'Dem Taxes! :P The case looks so damn good though, doesn't it? Can't decide between The Black Orange or Purple or the White Versions. The decisions in life eh?

'Dem Taxes! :P The case looks so damn good though, doesn't it? Can't decide between The Black Orange or Purple or the White Versions. The decisions in life eh?

For me is the black and white, it can go with almost anything... not these Asus MBs thou lol well... it can, kinda.

For me is the black and white, it can go with almost anything... not these Asus MBs thou lol well... it can, kinda.

That it can and very well. There is a gold one they do too which would look okay I guess. It is my least favourite though.

So then Haswell-es ROG mobo will be VIII?

thats likely teh case if it matters...

i'm really not a fan of the circle pattern of brushing on the chipset heat sinks. The champagne color is interesting but as there is no hardware except for EVGA's ACX cooler that actually is that color, I don't see these fitting into builds well unless the above mentioned cooler is on the GPU's used  and everything else is either black or painted to match the motherboards. 

Is there any real benefit from asus z87 boards?

Fan xpert 2? Usb bios flashback? Thats it

I knew it was gold! :angry:  :(

Any non-white LED lighting washes out the color of your MOBO anyways. Also, black and red are reserved for their ROG line and their new budget "Gaming" line.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

Any non-white LED lighting washes out the color of your MOBO anyways. Also, black and red are reserved for their ROG line and their new budget "Gaming" line.

Oh I wasn't hoping for leds, I was hoping for silver lol

The circle hahahaha

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

Is there any real benefit from asus z87 boards?

Well, Devil's Canyon might be different as far as VRM so all those fancy power phases/cooling might really be worth it.

Z87 I would stay with z87-G45 or under. Devil's Canyon these motherboards might be worthy every penny for a high overclock. We can all hope for 5 ghz Haswell OC's and a Sandy Bridge like chip.  Even if you get to like 4.5-4.6 as a min on dual rad water that would be pretty darn impressive over many current Haswell's. 

Other than Devil's Canyon, nothing special here. If you got a low clocking z87 chip you might want to sell that system and upgrade though, if these clock like many are hoping. For those that got a decent clock on z87? Meh. 

I am hoping Devil's Canyon is 4.5-5.0 ish on a dual rad. Enthusiast priced builds should get enthusiast priced performance so I am glad Intel is making the Devil's Canyon chip. When you get a 250-300 dollar motherboard and a chip that does 4.1-4.2 on water...That ain't cool. Literally and figuratively. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

So they went from square to round? Much innovation. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

Any shots of the Sabertooth? 

Also, do some of those boards have TWO USB 3.0 headers? 

And do I see m.2 slots? 

I think x99 is the way to go from 4 core ivy bridge not z97

EVGA GAMING INSIDE

Oh I wasn't hoping for leds, I was hoping for silver lol

No, I was talking about when you install LEDs in your case. I understand not everyone does it, but most people do.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

No, I was talking about when you install LEDs in your case. I understand not everyone does it, but most people do.

Oh yes, sorry, my bad, it's true, I could put a golden MB and my blue leds would wash it away. But I'd still know is a golden MB anyway, I don't know how to explain it in english but it would annoy me anyways even if the blue leds won't let me see the golden parts. 

But you're right.

champagne+industrial design... not really my cup'o'tea. Is it only me but does Gigabyte seem to make the best looking boards currently? With MSI close second, then EVGA maybe... Anyway, just imagine how awful those new boards will look in a standard gaming PC, bah.

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.