ASUS Z97 Motherboard Lineup Unveiled – Hero, Gene, Ranger, Sabertooth, Deluxe pictured

ocCuS

I don't ever recalled a 'ranger' skew of boards, plus it looks like a hero with the exception of the chokes.

I was thinking the same thing; I can see a few differences such as the number of SATA ports, but nothing to really qualify it as a separate product.

The Hero Look Ugly

Future Build : Intel-Core i7 4790K : Corsair H100i : Asus Maximus VII Hero : Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB (DDR3-1866) : Samsung 840 EVO 120GB : Seagate Baracuda 1TB : Asus GeForce GTX 770 : NZXT H440 (Red/Black) : EVGA SuperNova G2 850W :

Acer H236HLBMID Corsair M45 Mouse : Ducky Shine 3 (Red LED/Cherry MX Brown) : Audio Technica M50RD : Some Nice Cheap Mouse Mat 

Peripherals :

Once again more variety for my black themed future build :D

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

Definitely getting the new gene. Looks awesome. It also seems like Asus figured out how to do the gold thing :P

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

i already own ROG Gene VI.. worth upgrading this? since they use same socket, 1150, kinda same.. or i just upgrade to broadwell when release.. ^_^

I personally think it's oogly. The heatsink design, and that overused colour scheme.

Sorry for the convoluted speech pattern.

Likely will be released when the K-series CPUs come out later in the year.

I'm confused, aren't those the "Devil's Canyon" CPUs for overclockers, that will come out this summer?

The unlocked CPUs are coming later, the list of CPUs releasing in May with prices has been leaked out and only locked chips in there now.

No, not those, "Devil's Canyon" for Summer, like at Computex. they're still dated as mid-2014, hopefully by June at the Computex event. Later this year it should be Broadwell(Q4)

The ones that will be released in May were supposed to be out already, the date was pushed to May in an agreement between Intel and the motherboard manufactures.

So the dates for the "Devil's Canyon" CPUs should be "in-time".

The Devil's Canyon CPUs ARE the unlocked CPUs from everything I have read so far.

Exactly, but when you said later this year my mind went off retarded and thought you mean like Q3-Q4 later. My bad... I must get some sleep...

I dont like circles much, it looks like its not a sexy heatsink.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I'm most excited to see a new Formula board. The VI was sexy as, I'll be wanting to see how they improve on that.

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

Not really my style, liked the MSI boards better  :unsure:

Still, i find the pillars next to the heatsink on the "5 way optimization" board interresting.  :huh:

The Hero looks SCHWEEEETTTTT. 

Love it! Now just hurry up and release so I can throw my money at you!

Project: Rock Lobster = Completed Click for Build Log 
INTEL CORE I7 4790K @4.6ghz | 2 x Windforce R9 290's CF | CORSAIR H110i |Samsung EVO 500GB SSD, Sandisk 128GB SSD| WD 3TB Green, Seagate 2TB |

|Asus Maximus 7 Ranger  | Windows 7 | Corsair 450D Case |

Whats the point of the 'Ranger' board? I don't see the point as the Hero was the intro to ATX ROG. Seems silly to me but I assume they'll sell loads :P

Proud owner of an older sabertooth, would have loved some tiny changes maybe.

Nevertheless pretty cool as always :)

Was hopping a bigger difference in the looks. Still, they are pretty darn good-looking, even tho i agree that the red-black theme is overused as hell.

As far as mobos are concerned, I can hardly wait for the new ASRock OC series. If they do them as the z87's with the yellow/black theme i will most probably upgrade to one of those.

If the VII Formula is as nice/better in terms of thermal armour than the VI Formula I'm going to upgrade for definite, also I'm loving the ROG chipsets.

As far as sabertooth its a little disappointing that its barely changed. 

Intel i7 4770k @4.5ghz, Asus Maximus VI Formula, Asus Geforce GTX 780, Corsair h100i, Corsair Neutron GTX 240gb, WD Black 1tb, Corsair 750D, Corsair AX860i w/ Sleeved Cables.

I rarely leave the build logs section.

Why no yellow or green? Those could make pretty interesting builds...

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Yeah ... guys come on ... "red/black themes overused" ... yes of course it is ... how many people like yellow for example or green or shitty gold or Grey etc ? not many ! The black is the standard one and then come red,blue,white ... red going to gaming series always bcs that color known as aggressive/passion Color ... gaming-gamers-red yeah perfect match !!! End I like it as well !!! New blue and white I don't know I dont like them so much actually I hate white but I like blue ... end we are all lucky bcs the market give as a lot of options as long as z87 mobos are almost same As the power/overclock go . Then u only have t choose the color scheme and over all esthetics (last features) ... most people on the plane likes red/black and that's why we have more red/black options ... and I personally like that dcs I really like black/red ... (sorry for my very bad english)