ASUS Z97 Motherboard Lineup Unveiled – Hero, Gene, Ranger, Sabertooth, Deluxe pictured

ocCuS

yay, no brown and gold on high end boards, asus came back to earth

hopefully they add m.2 support, I think I see it but I'm not 100% sure

Sorry if this has been answered a million times before but, do the Z97 chips work with current Haswell? I'm starting a build soon and already have a 4770K but no motherboard, will it work?

Sorry if this has been answered a million times before but, do the Z97 chips work with current Haswell? I'm starting a build soon and already have a 4770K but no motherboard, will it work?

No one knows for sure yet sorry.

Our best guess is YES :)

Mainboard Asrock Z170 OCF CPU 6700k RAM Tridentz 3600 HDD Intel 730 240gb GPU GTX 780ti sc acx PSU Silverstone Strider 1200W  Case Antec 900 Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad T520 build log-   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35809-antec-900-the-re-birth-of-a-legend/ Check out the Tech Center https://www.youtube.com/user/prokon24/videos LTT's Unicore King

I wish the Sabertooth were all black...  :(

I hate sabertooth, current color sceme is just bad

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

Still not digging there designs. Re-used red and black, then they'll charge an extra 100 for all black. Not liking asus lineup all up here, which I guess was expected because I haven't since original 2011.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

I hate sabertooth, current color sceme is just bad

The black and brown, yeah, but at least when you populate the MB usually the brown parts are covered, making it look mostly black. This newer version has camo... camo! it's even worse in my opinion! 

i hate the round chipset cooler :L 

lol DISAGREE!

But popular opinion seems to always go all prissy these days. I remember the outrage when they went gold instead of blue and the only thing I could think was "YES!!!!!!! NO MOREEEEE BLUEEEE" and then read the internet and then I face palmed.

Seriously guys, blue is the new beige. Blue LEDs, blue components = the same as having a beige computer in 1992.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

lol DISAGREE!

But popular opinion seems to always go all prissy these days. I remember the outrage when they went gold instead of blue and the only thing I could think was "YES!!!!!!! NO MOREEEEE BLUEEEE" and then read the internet and then I face palmed.

Seriously guys, blue is the new beige. Blue LEDs, blue components = the same as having a beige computer in 1992.

I think you'll find that's red

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

I don't think ASUS or any motherboard manufacturer realise that all we want is a plain mat black motherboard. We can do the colours ourselves we don't need them to do it and ruin the look of a good motherboard just because the colour is different to the rest of our system components. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I would seriously consider a maximus VII Gene. I like it :)

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I don't think ASUS or any motherboard manufacturer realise that all we want is a plain mat black motherboard. We can do the colours ourselves we don't need them to do it and ruin the look of a good motherboard just because the colour is different to the rest of our system components. 

They do full black MBs and they cost over $350... that's what pisses me off, it's like they have all-black MBs reserved for the top tier only. I'm really tired of the red/black.

They do full black MBs and they cost over $350... that's what pisses me off, it's like they have all-black MBs reserved for the top tier only. I'm really tired of the red/black.

If it was all black then it would go with anything and any colour. The motherboard is the foundation for any system and because of that it should look as plain as possible. All black or all white. Some colour on some areas is ok but it should be kept as plain as possible. Graphics cards ram CPU coolers and everything else should be the colour. Fans LED lights and everything should be the colour. That way I won't be deterred away from a really good motherboard again. Thats the problem with these boards, they are probably really really good but they just only work with gold and black systems. Mine is all black or I try to make it all black but I have some yellow, red, blue, silver and white in my build. If I could get an all black system I would be really happy.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

If it was all black then it would go with anything and any colour. The motherboard is the foundation for any system and because of that it should look as plain as possible. All black or all white. Some colour on some areas is ok but it should be kept as plain as possible. Graphics cards ram CPU coolers and everything else should be the colour. Fans LED lights and everything should be the colour. That way I won't be deterred away from a really good motherboard again. Thats the problem with these boards, they are probably really really good but they just only work with gold and black systems. Mine is all black or I try to make it all black but I have some yellow, red, blue, silver and white in my build. If I could get an all black system I would be really happy.

Oh I hear you, I'm hoping for the EVGA Classified Z97, it was just a small glimpse but apparently it is not going to feature red, all black with the name in silver. I hope it is true...

Oh I hear you, I'm hoping for the EVGA Classified Z97, it was just a small glimpse but apparently it is not going to feature red, all black with the name in silver. I hope it is true...

Well I buy EVGA for 3 reasons. Quality, aesthetics and warranty. Performance is a non-factor because all the GPU makers GPU's perform pretty much the same anyway unless you want a specific feature like low profile or something. I just wished EVGA made more stuff like cases. If EVGA could come out with a case like the Air 540 from Corsair with the 2 compartments. I have the 540 Air and I think it's the bee's knees. (bee's don't have knees). Maybe EVGA should make some all in one coolers but make ones that you can upgrade like the Cooler Master Eisberg.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

Well I buy EVGA for 3 reasons. Quality, aesthetics and warranty. Performance is a non-factor because all the GPU makers GPU's perform pretty much the same anyway unless you want a specific feature like low profile or something. I just wished EVGA made more stuff like cases. If EVGA could come out with a case like the Air 540 from Corsair with the 2 compartments. I have the 540 Air and I think it's the bee's knees. (bee's don't have knees). Maybe EVGA should make some all in one coolers but make ones that you can upgrade like the Cooler Master Eisberg.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do have all that in the next years, they have a mouse now, so probably a keyboard next. I think it's just a matter of time before they do an ATX case, their Hadron series supposedly went well.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do have all that in the next years, they have a mouse now, so probably a keyboard next. I think it's just a matter of time before they do an ATX case, their Hadron series supposedly went well.

I am so happy with myself right now. I wanted to play an RTS game again but I realised there weren't any good ones out there like the ones I used to play back in the day. I realised that I still had my retail version of Supreme Commander 1 and Forged Alliance so I grabbed it out and opened the case and realised I got rid of my optical drive. I then felt like hanging myself but then an idea popped into my head. Maybe I could use the product-key on Steam. Guess what happened next, I typed in the product key into Steam and it works. I am the happiest person the planet right now all I have to do it wait for the download.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

the itx board looks interesting.  I guess Asus is bailing on the whole Daughter board thing though.

I would really like silver and blue.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

5 way of what?

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log