ASUS Z97 Motherboard Lineup Unveiled – Hero, Gene, Ranger, Sabertooth, Deluxe pictured

ocCuS

I meant an all black haswell motherboard

the gryphon and sabertooth get pretty darn close with the armor on

New one, I don't like it.

did you like the Z87 deluxe?

did you like the Z87 deluxe?

I don't like gold/light brown themed MBs, but the newer mini ITX looks cheap to me, that's my opinion thou. Whoever like it well go with it.

This is the only build I like with the gold theme, it's so beautiful:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/141584-upcs-black-gold-build-z87-deluxe-sli-titans-air-540/

But yeah, that's only my opinion...

I don't like gold/light brown themed MBs, but the newer mini ITX looks cheap to me, that's my opinion thou. Whoever like it well go with it.

This is the only build I like with the gold theme, it's so beautiful:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/141584-upcs-black-gold-build-z87-deluxe-sli-titans-air-540/

But yeah, that's only my opinion...

if there were better pictures i would make a judgement but just that one in the thread isnt enough for me

i would have said check out my anthrax build but its more noctua themed and has stalled at the moment.

if there were better pictures i would make a judgement but just that one in the thread isnt enough for me

i would have said check out my anthrax build but its more noctua themed and has stalled at the moment.

Image of the mini ITX

http://cdn3.wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/ASUS-Z97I-PLUS.jpg

It's on the other thread:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/142280-asus-z97-deluxe-pro-ws-i-plus-etc-images-revealed/

The other ones look better thou, I must admit.

Can someone please explain to me to Asus motherboard heirarchy. I have a Sabertooth Z77. How high up is that?

i think its the VRm that kinda makes it look cheap or is that just me?

Can someone please explain to me to Asus motherboard heirarchy. I have a Sabertooth Z77. How high up is that?

Second highest to only rampage generally

i think its the VRm that kinda makes it look cheap or is that just me?

Yes, the VRM and the WiFi card... also probably the image, but I hope that's not brown PCB. I don't know if it is my screen but in both pictures the PCB seems brown to me.

that still looks gold but more champagne

The quality of the photos taken are also pretty terrible. It could be either, really. I'm just being hopeful.

Edit: nvm, I just went throught the other thread with the other pics. No silver... :(

Yes, the VRM and the WiFi card... also probably the image, but I hope that's not brown PCB. I don't know if it is my screen but in both pictures the PCB seems brown to me.

it looks like a golden-ish brown on my monitors as well as long as not caused by lighting

though lots of itx board have the wifi card mounted that way so its not really a surprise

The quality of the photos taken are also pretty terrible. It could be either, really. I'm just being hopeful.

yea the thing is as long as lthose other pics were taken with the same kit (camera, lens, lighting) its unlikly

it looks like a golden-ish brown on my monitors as well as long as not caused by lighting

though lots of itx board have the wifi card mounted that way so its not really a surprise

Well... that's an even bigger no for me then. 

yea the thing is as long as lthose other pics were taken with the same kit (camera, lens, lighting) its unlikly

yeah, just saw those other pics and edited my previous post. no silver. actually, those boards look pretty ugly with all that extra gold.

Have u ckecked these http://www.asrock.com/mb/index.asp?s=OC ?they are pretty awesome imo. Im aiming for the new z97 micro atx of these. There was a build in the build section using this mobo and it looked like absolutly fantastic

Only problem is the Z87 OC Formula is an EATX board. Otherwise i would've grabbed one and the M models look funny in a mid tower.

Second highest to only rampage generally

Thanks

yeah, just saw those other pics and edited my previous post. no silver. actually, those boards look pretty ugly with all that extra gold.

I think my X79 Deluxe has just the right amount for my build but well see as I go on. It was a touch too much initially and the top of the dominator platinuims really clashed but i think ill get it to work out.

They are rarely if ever out with the main release, as they take considerably more effort to develop and perfect. There is just so little space to work with to create a good product. Though I'd say ASUS particularly are starting to get really good at ITX, their P8Z77-I Deluxes changed the world.

I must say they are one of the companies that actually make them good. Gigabyte and MSi put the CPu socket too close to the PCIE slot. Its so Retarded. Thats why I really want to see the Asus ITX boards :D

So then Haswell-es ROG mobo will be VIII?

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Holy shit. The deluxe looks so beast

Personal Rig: i7 7700K - Asus Strix Z270H - 2x8GB GSkill RGB memory 3000Mhz - EVGA GTX1080ti SC2 - 2X Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Z97 wasn't going to support SATA Express. I know you can't fully see it, but on the Z97-A and Pro, does you see "AT Express", which I can only imagine is SATA Express. 

CPU: Intel Core i5 2550K @ 4GHz | Cooler: Gelid Tranquillo Rev. 2 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3

GPU: XFX 1GB HD6850 OC'd | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB | HDD: Samsung 500GB | PSU: Corsair HX520W | Case: Zalman Z11+

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Z97 wasn't going to support SATA Express. I know you can't fully see it, but on the Z97-A and Pro, does you see "AT Express", which I can only imagine is SATA Express. 

They can always add it on a third party controller

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

They can always add it on a third party controller

Ahhh! Didn't know that. Thanks for clearing it up!

CPU: Intel Core i5 2550K @ 4GHz | Cooler: Gelid Tranquillo Rev. 2 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3

GPU: XFX 1GB HD6850 OC'd | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB | HDD: Samsung 500GB | PSU: Corsair HX520W | Case: Zalman Z11+