Indie Devs Create $10 bundle of more than 500 games to help support Ukraine

mr fobs

Summary

Spoiler

1092870806_Gamebun.thumb.PNG.94cc96ef67e9d53adf576a153d9d67a2.PNG

A whole lot of Indie Game Devs (over 700) have banded together to create a One of a Kind bundle. Over 500 games available for a minimum of $10. The money from the donations are going to help Ukraine! 

Quotes

There are 566 more video games, plus 317 rulesets for tabletop games, 22 digital books, 10 soundtracks, nine comics, and other downloads. The minimum donation is $10

My thoughts

This is awesome and a great way for the gaming community to show their support. I have used ich.io for other games, so having these only be available their is not an issue. Plus its not about getting the games at this point.

Sources

Bundle Page Link

https://www.polygon.com/22967035/bundle-for-ukraine-itchio-list-of-games-charities-donations

https://kotaku.com/ukraine-video-games-charity-bundle-indie-russia-war-inv-1848619901

Sorry I probably edited my post. Refresh plz. Build Specs Below.

System

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5900x
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F
  • RAM
    32 GB (2X8) Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CAS 16
  • GPU
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3070
  • Case
    Corsair 4000D Airflow
  • Storage
    Sabrent 1 TB TLC PCI 4.0 NVMe M.2
  • PSU
    NZXT C850 Gold PSU
  • Display(s)
    MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34" UWQHD
  • Cooling
    Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT 240mm
  • Operating System
    Windows 11

yo this is a good deal, games like superhot and Celeste are in it.

plus 500 games for $10, even if you don't like a couple, some of these games alone are worth $10.

i'ma do this.

*Insert Witty Signature here*

System Config: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/Tncs9N

2 minutes ago, SeriousDad69 said:

Looking at 99% of the games in this bundle, I think I'll just donate $10 directly lol. I don't need that much garbage in my Steam account.

Good news! Had you read the article and followed the Bundle Link you'd know that this isn't a Steam Bundle, but itch!

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X | RAM - 64 GB DDR4 3200MHz | GPU - Nvidia GTX 1660 ti | MOBO -  MSI B550 Gaming Plus

1 minute ago, PocketNerd said:

Good news! Had you read the article and followed the Bundle Link you'd know that this isn't a Steam Bundle, but itch!

Yeah, I noticed halfway through scrolling through the list lol. Edited my comment to be less mean, given where the money is going.

Almost 1000 games/items listed and only 4 I have heard of, 2 of which I already own on Steam. If you want either CrossCode or Superhot then it works out cheaper to buy the bundle than to buy either of them on Steam so the bundle might be worth it for some people - or if you just really like playing random indie games. I personally wouldn't play any of the other games listed so I'd honestly give this a skip. One of the items included in the bundle is actually just a 3D model of a coffee cup. Another is a dice roll to determine your roleplay elf's gender. I feel like I'd just be paying $10 to have the privilege headache of going through 1000 titles trying to find something worth downloading. It's a shame there aren't more noteworthy titles included to really draw people in, I would have preferred a bundle with 10 games in it that I might actually play or have at least heard of rather than a bundle of 1000 things I'd never play.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

3 hours ago, Spotty said:

I feel like I'd just be paying $10 to have the privilege headache of going through 1000 titles trying to find something worth downloading.

I agree. Just going through the list was a chore, I can't imagine actually trying to download and play each game.

3 hours ago, Spotty said:

I would have preferred a bundle with 10 games in it that I might actually play or have at least heard of rather than a bundle of 1000 things I'd never play.

I was thinking the same thing while scrolling through. Well, I was thinking of making the bundle 100 games. 500 is just too much.

Not something I'd partake in. I have the only game out of that entire list I'd want already. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

At this point, it just had too many games, the huge number makes me not want to get it, because I probably won't touch any except one of them.

Just too many to try them all and also too many to go through and decide what to try and what to not try.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

As someone that bought their megabundle for BLM, my 2 cents:

1. This bundle seems eerily similar...
  2. As @SeriousDad69points out, might just be better to outright donate the money. I did try a couple games from the BLM bundle, but most of it was uninteresting, to put it mildly.

Did  nobody notice the INDIE title of this promo? 

Anyways, after a 2 minute look at the links, I'm going to check it out.  Never used itch.io before but they had me at the RPG "thirsty sword lesbians".  I've donated to the Ukraine cause through many different channels already so this is a no brainer.

If it wasn't for the ltt forum, I would have never had known.  Thanks everybody!