Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel
Just now, Technicolors said:

also anyone having red highlighting when you highlight text? 

yep

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

1 minute ago, Technicolors said:

i personally like material design. but it works abit better on mobile than on desktop. 

Yep.

4 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

i personally like material design. but it works abit better on mobile than on desktop. 

I don't mind material design either. But this forum looks pretty disgusting.

My highlight is the same as it always has been. But thats because I have themed all my GTK apps.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

6 hours ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

@MyInnerFred Tagging works! No editing at all and all tags loaded fine. Posting topics isn't such a pain in the ass now. 

EDIT: Looks like Fred's tag doesn't work. 

EDIT2: Looks like you actually have to use the full tagging system now, at least for copy-paste tags. 

tumblr_nmbquyx2Hr1tahrlzo1_500.gif

I'm confused, so the normal @ "name" tagging system doesn't work anymore? Do I need to use the code form? 

2 hours ago, Vitalius said:

Oh wow. Our thread length actually went down and not up. I expected our thread to be longer, not shorter, due to the "line breaks will get double line breaks" thingie since I love line breaks.

1 hour ago, Charger said:

I think they went form 20 posts a page to 25 posts a page so now all of the old milestone page posts are way off lol

Page length issue would be resolved in a month or two seeing how much we all post.

v8nk2kr.jpg

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

22 minutes ago, That_Random_Guy said:

Im curious on how many people are going to leave because of this... Not hating or anything because i understand, but curiosity lol 
been noticing a few people with 2 folding badges now.... teir 1 and 2 at the same time, why not me lol

Edit: these loading times though.....

because you already have two badges?

19 minutes ago, Opask said:

It looks pretty much the same honestly. And that is not a good thing. Its like an abomination of googles material design ideas.

Edit: There is now a non-windows os subforum. Now I don't have to scroll past the how do I wipe my drive to install windows garbage.

The looks dont bother me as much as the fact that I cant use the desktop theme from my phone. I hate most mobile sites. 

Blarg

@helping

Blade of Grass says he has hope .webm support will come (i.e. he's not giving certainties, but it's not impossible)

@MyInnerFred

No, what Shinobu means is that you can't copy/paste. You have to type in the name, let the drop down menu load, then click the person you want to tag.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Just now, Vitalius said:

@helping

Blade of Grass says he has hope .webm support will come (i.e. he's not giving certainties, but it's not impossible)

@MyInnerFred

No, what Shinobu means is that you can't copy/paste. You have to type in the name, let the drop down menu load, then click the person you want to tag.

Wow.... you have to be kidding me.... that sounds like it'll take even longer than the usual edit and save changes a couple of hundred times fiasco. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

1 minute ago, Vitalius said:

@helping

@MyInnerFred

Yep. I'm not entirely sure if the code gives a notification or not. But going through and doing the drop down on all of them would be even longer than editing. 

7 minutes ago, Vitalius said:

@helping

@MyInnerFred

6 minutes ago, MyInnerFred said:

Wow.... you have to be kidding me.... that sounds like it'll take even longer than the usual edit and save changes a couple of hundred times fiasco. 

Oh. My. Goodness. I can't take quotes and put them next to each other anymore. So much wasted space.

@Blade of Grass

Is this the case? That you have to do what I described in the first quote to tag someone? No more copy/paste?

This is very relevant to our activities. Notifying every HS member about a forum thread is going to be a pain if this is the case. Or is there some new feature that accounts for it, such as subscribing to a member or something?

Edit: I figured I'd test it anyway.

@Luclocke @MyInnerFred @RainColt @TheProfosist @Rockmandash12 @CatCloud @Charger @Oshino Shinobu @Jaybird @Cryptonite @DarkCrow @EChondo @killers993 @Epitome @GokuLy @lutewan @Izaya Orihara @squirrl @oc0110 @Legion @Laforet @Admire @yurihellsing @EmotionalSloth @Katsu-K1L @TetraSky @Ivyk @Typho @TheGFXNovice @Fruits Punch Samurai G @frustratedrocka @Purple Spy @Sky Daddy @Adamu @Smiles1946 @GloriousPain @gastew15 @Vitalius @Le Lion de Barreras @Kagami Tsukino @DigitalHermit @Unbr34k4bl3 @Noire @Randomacts @c3p0_ @Rashy @ThyFeared @That Norwegian Guy @ThyFeared @wng_kingsley7 @Trogdor8freebird @Rising @brownninja97 @Marvzl1357 @achillesviper @Laputacake @xnoobftw @ArkAngel_X @wolfgang @Daegun @DudeWazap @eelnico09 @Jerakl @Tr3vor @Belgarionbg @Pugs501 @Silver Knight @MageofFaith @KRImSIN @cae @Ploooopp @Phorlorn @BurgerBum @Kukielka @Mujteba @Ruostunut kokis @tobben @Delusional Phil @Laederem @GrimNeo @Makeishura/Taurus Silver @Kizer0918 @Maheshvara @PercySavageEG @SHAD0WxF1R3 @ DollarPCJunior @Opask @soaringchicken @JoeyDM @shanky887614 @Tokuninashi @ NormalJoe @Zer0r8ing @Pomfinator @zappian @Xaring @KingCry @JuztBe @ThatGuyWhoTwirlsHisPen @Brainless906 @azurezeed @ilove64 @Jacona @BashZeStampeedo @thorbrantly101 @ultralars @Pohernori @Xsinar @ONOTech @ManOfDisguise @Tonylu1595 @ICantThinkOfAnyGoodName @Createinator @RedSphyxis @ZeroGenesis @Miqle @Nater @Jack_of_all_Trades @shadowblitz3 @Oasis @dragoon20005 @JarekBloodDragon @beach_boy98 @Gigamegabyte @dr_deconstruct @Skybane @MeMe @Oasis @dragoon20005 @MoonSpot @RazerZ @TheGingerKid @_INTER_ @MeDownYou @Enferk @Oskar94a @FrenziedComet @8uhbbhu8 @Biferony @cesrai @TakaIcscp @Technicolors @flip1012 @MechEdge @Vlazzy @Nuluvius @valdyrgramr @Avericious @LazyLizard @o0Martin @themaniac @Remilia @BrandonTheCat @ElfenSky @AbsolDestiny @Swindless @AyBuild @nomnom123qwe @SsidError @mosin40 @JerkyMcDilerino @Chronos5618 @Arc_Jester @NuroKnight @Zayzo @I need a better name @Pandalf @Mike_The_B0ss @NeatSquidYT @BLJohnFreeman @DiscoLights2001 @JessicaH

Edit 2: The answer is "No, this (copy/paste) doesn't work."

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Just now, Oshino Shinobu said:

Yep. I'm not entirely sure if the code gives a notification or not. But going through and doing the drop down on all of them would be even longer than editing. 

@Blade of Grass

Surely there is a faster way for tagging a large number of people right? The tagging system in the old forum was something that really hindered us in making weekly threads, this new system seems like it'll now take even longer. =/

12 minutes ago, wolfgang said:

because you already have two badges?

The looks dont bother me as much as the fact that I cant use the desktop theme from my phone. I hate most mobile sites. 

My point was that they look mostly the same. The only difference is that on mobile the Member name and their avatar are above their post instead of next to it.

Speaking of avatars looks like they have to be square now.

9 minutes ago, Vitalius said:

@helping

>2016
>still supporting a format that was never meant to house video clips.
This is really annoying. And it adds needless load to their servers considering how much extra bandwidth gifs take up.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

3 minutes ago, Vitalius said:

Oh. My. Goodness. I can't take quotes and put them next to each other anymore. So much wasted space.

@Blade of Grass

Is this the case? That you have to do what I described in the first quote to tag someone? No more copy/paste?

This is very relevant to our activities. Notifying every HS member about a forum thread is going to be a pain if this is the case. Or is there some new feature that accounts for it, such as subscribing to a member or something?

Yeah the wasted space is something I noticed right way. It's not just the quotes either, the signatures are the same as well.

2 minutes ago, Vitalius said:

@Blade of Grass

Well, there is an option to get notifications when a member posts something. I don't know if that is for just topics created, or all posts. Either way, seems like a roundabout way of doing things. 

1 minute ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Well, there is an option to get notifications when a member posts something. I don't know if that is for just topics created, or all posts. Either way, seems like a roundabout way of doing things. 

That would require all club members to follow me... that's quite excessive.

also i don't know if it's just me but  the notification that someone has replied in this thread isn't the one where you can click the link to reveal the reply. instead it'll notify me that the thread has new replies, but there's no link to actually reveal it even though i'm still in the same thread. 

4 minutes ago, MyInnerFred said:

That would require all club members to follow me... that's quite excessive.

Yep. I guess you didn't get a notification for the one I used code for. Looks like it will have to be something that we bring up with the moderators/Cat. 

There seems to be a fair amount of features which are broken right now. Hopefully most will be fixed within a few days while the forum rebuilds. 

8 minutes ago, Opask said:

>2016
>still supporting a format that was never meant to house video clips.
This is really annoying. And it adds needless load to their servers considering how much extra bandwidth gifs take up.

>square avatars

Indeed.

>2016

Indeed. Well, it takes up server bandwidth on people who host GIFs. It doesn't affect LTT AFAICT if it's just a link to another website.

7 minutes ago, MyInnerFred said:

Yeah the wasted space is something I noticed right way. It's not just the quotes either, the signatures are the same as well.

Yup. Somewhat annoying but ignoreable for now.

7 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

As Fred said, that's quite excessive. And it means every time he posts anything, they get a notification. A bit much.

@MyInnerFred Tobben has been a mod for a while? Like at least a month+.

Wait for it:
cCbdcOk.gif

† Christian Member †

2 hours ago, Charger said:

I think they went form 20 posts a page to 25 posts a page so now all of the old milestone page posts are way off lol

Really don't like the text box at all. I  hate to knock peoples work but this forum just feels so bad now. Seems testing was less in depth than an EA beta test

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

1 minute ago, Technicolors said:

also i don't know if it's just me but  the notification that someone has replied in this thread isn't the one where you can click the link to reveal the reply. instead it'll notify me that the thread has new replies, but there's no link to actually reveal it even though i'm still in the same thread. 

Your correct.

1 minute ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Yep. I guess you didn't get a notification for the one I used code for. Looks like it will have to be something that we bring up with the moderators/Cat. 

There seems to be a fair amount of features which are broken right now. 

I'm sure fixes are on the way.

2 minutes ago, Vitalius said:

As Fred said, that's quite excessive. And it means every time he posts anything, they get a notification. A bit much.

Wait for it:
https://i.imgur.com/cCbdcOk.gifv

I had no idea. Shows how clueless I am. I mean, I totally knew that.

THv027m.jpg

For you guys who don't know if you want single line breaks use shift+enter.
This(shift+enter)
Instead of:

This(enter)
The spacing is still larger then before though.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

10 minutes ago, MyInnerFred said:

Oh that's a pleasant surprise! @tobben is a mod now!

Indeed i am, i am just a fledgling trainee at the moment though. 

7 minutes ago, Vitalius said:

What an annoying gif :p. Actually i was appointed a mod about a day before the forum update. 

So this is a pretty(very) recent thing :p

6 minutes ago, Vitalius said:

Wait for it:
snip

... maybe my internet is taking a dumb because even the gifs are studdering....

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables