Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

Does anyone else find today's anime to be cliche? I like them for the music and that's about it.

Core i7 2700K Oc'ed 4.4 Ghz, EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0 SC'ed, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, 240 GB Intel 730 SSD and 2 TB 7200 RPM HDD, Zalman Z9 plus case with 7 blue LED fans, Windows 10 Preview 

Does anyone else find today's anime to be cliche? I like them for the music and that's about it.

I really feel like a lot of anime from the last two years are just too same-ish.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

I have HD598's but they are in my closet now that my Sennheiser Game One's showed up

>.<

!

Maybe donate em? Lol, you have your nice modular headphones and now Sennheisers gaming series headphone.

A lot of people share your sentiment. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

They're just not taking many chances anymore, and pandering more to the teens and otaku, meaning more of the same stuff over and over, with very minor differences (if any). Which makes sense financially, especially if you consider how poorly the "better" stuff does. Kekkai Sensen is probably the only risky anime that succeeded on any level for the past two years, IIRC.

It's not even that the stuff airing these days is "samey" - it's just crappy. Take a look at Chaika, Overlord, and Utawarerumono 2, several recent "fantasy" anime that are complete junk, but still get a pass from anime viewers because they're still fantasy anime. Even stuff like Plastic Memories and Charlotte get a lot more praise than they really deserve because we're so desperate for something less junky that we'll take something that's mostly junk if it feels a bit different.

Of course, it's not like we're the target audiences to begin with, or that it matters to Japan and anime studios what we think, which is why we're getting so starved for decent anime now and settling more and more for whatever scraps they give us.

@MyInnerFred How do i get rid of these blended in side bars?

95dbc400949f3532522a70a78c799df8.jpg

what are you using for playback?

Maybe donate em? Lol, you have your nice modular headphones and now Sennheisers gaming series headphone.

A lot of people share your sentiment.

Maybe once my desktop is done I need some pics of them with all of them Noctua fans. I do really like them but PC wise the Game One is nearly as good if you know what I mean. :P

Well it depends which anime but yes it because the people currently making anime for the most part now are otaku or were. Basically they are making it for a market and what they know works. This is more of a problem with the industry from top to bottom. This would be a fun discussion to have actually.

Too much whiny kids, super teens and Fan service if you ask me.

That's how anime has been for the last 20 or so years...

It's like with movies and music. Everyone says that "it was better before" but the matter of the fact is that all the mediocre stuff you are exposed to right now will be forgotten in 20 years, and only the really good shows will be remembered. That's how it is for movies and music as well.

Just look at shows like Gunbuster. It's from the 80's and include nipslips, unrealistic boob jiggle when the main character simply walks, scenes where girls are bathing completely naked with each other and their "battle suits" are just leotards.

wait im like @Charger not the other way around :(

don't ask me but I went diy custom rather then buying into custom to start. Although I have bought a decent amount of keyboard stuff from you at this point and you were active in the custom keyboard community far before I even knew it was a thing.

don't ask me but I went diy custom rather then buying into custom to start. Although I have bought a decent amount of keyboard stuff from you at this point and you were active in the custom keyboard community far before I even knew it was a thing.

I started SteelSeries 7G then HHKB then Phantom's. After that its was KMAC's all the way. There were some in between but most of that was just for testing mods out and then I sold them off. A whole bunch was projects for others that I was making spare cash on.

Most of my work was lost in the great r00tw0rm of Geek Hack. After that the place went downhill for a number of reasons.

It's like with movies and music. Everyone says that "it was better before" but the matter of the fact is that all the mediocre stuff you are exposed to right now will be forgotten in 20 years, and only the really good shows will be remembered. That's how it is for movies and music as well.

Just look at shows like Gunbuster. It's from the 80's and include nipslips, unrealistic boob jiggle when the main character simply walks, scenes where girls are bathing completely naked with each other and their "battle suits" are just leotards.

Gunbuster is old school goodness from Gainax would you expect any less? (says the guy who has the original honneamise box set)

The difference isn't in the content quality, but quantity. How many anime that break that mold do we get anymore compared to 5, 10, 20 years ago? Not that many, even though there are so many more anime now that the digital revolution hit the medium. It's not even that anime is "getting worse", but just that it's a creative deadzone right now. They come around every once in a while, and we're lucky enough to be living through one of them.

been reading Aoi Hiraru ga Chikyuuni Itakoro 

gah cant stop reading it even tho i need nourishment ... literally one of the few manga i actually like 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

gah cant stop reading it even tho i need nourishment ... literally one of the few manga i actually like 

Just eat the manga. 

Just eat the manga. 

post-121932-0-00380900-1450582384.png

~eats computer screen~ 

(muffled)"its not working" 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

"school, mystery, romance"

initial rolling inertia is high with this type

@Jacona this one would do it better

B in thermo, B in dynamics, C in circuits. tfw

Error: 410

Haha, I remember that one.

Btw, how did you finals go?

I had 3 on Monday, seriously thought I was going to have an intense aneurysm and die. 

That picture looks more like taking an intense shit. 

Just build one of these

6RpTZgI.gif

You'll never starve again while oogling your waifu. 

hahahahahaha 

not sure if impressed or worried 

"school, mystery, romance"

initial rolling inertia is high with this type

B in thermo, B in dynamics, C in circuits. tfw

i was sick of slow shit and wanted something actually decent , not the usual shit i read / watch 

Spoiler
Spoiler

Haha, I remember that one.

Btw, how did you finals go?

I had 3 on Monday, seriously thought I was going to have an intense aneurysm and die. 

was k I guess

no idea how I pulled off a B in dynamics, I was at like a 78% before the finals, but I ended up drawing a coriolis vector in the wrong direction, forgot the equation for gyroscopic motion, and for an accelerating car I set ΣM = I*G (euler-newton) and completely left out m*a, lol. Luckily he was nice enough to give the horizontal force of the tires on the car so I was able to "bypass" the mistake and solve it for acceleration and friction force using normal and reaction force. Hell, the only thing I know I got 100% right was a work-energy problem. He did a normal "curve" to class average, so I doubt that helped me much if at all. He set a fucking quota for B's and A's.

Thermo tl;dr a device outputs clean water and oil, draw it, do full entropy and exergy balance. Horror.

Circuits was hell too, I only finished 80% of the test and got a C, but I was already at like 70% in the class anyway so idk.

B in matrix algebra, didn't study, winged a few problems. i'm fine with that i'll take it.

At this point the only direction GPA goes is downward

Error: 410

was k I guess

no idea how I pulled off a B in dynamics, I was at like a 78% before the finals, but I ended up drawing a coriolis vector in the wrong direction, forgot the equation for gyroscopic motion, and for an accelerating car I set ΣM = I*G (euler-newton) and completely left out m*a, lol. Luckily he was nice enough to give the horizontal force of the tires on the car so I was able to "bypass" the mistake and solve it for acceleration and friction force using normal and reaction force. Hell, the only thing I know I got 100% right was a work-energy problem. He did a normal "curve" to class average, so I doubt that helped me much if at all. He set a fucking quota for B's and A's.

Thermo tl;dr a device outputs clean water and oil, draw it, do full entropy and exergy balance. Horror.

Circuits was hell too, I only finished 80% of the test and got a C, but I was already at like 70% in the class anyway so idk.

B in matrix algebra, didn't study, winged a few problems. i'm fine with that i'll take it.

At this point the only direction GPA goes is downward

lol nice.

I completely bombed my Electronics (A.K.A circuits) with a 40% which was one of the 3 I took on monday, but the rest of the class also did fairy bad and ended up with a C in the class. Fuck Yes.  

I did pretty much average on the others with Bs, maybe one A somewhere. 

C's get degree, mang. 

Hello everyone.

Sup.

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN