Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

If only the show lived up to the hype :S (But at least it's not terrible.)

it definitely lives up to the hype for me. the manga is pretty boring atm imo, and i dont follow original web comic but i did kind of peek at it to see what will happen.

a lot of people need to get that OPM is about the humor first. it's not trying to be a serious anime with a deep and interesting plot or anything like that

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

I'm still hooked on Noragami Aragoto's Opening but it's STILL only the 2nd best opening of 2015 to me, right after Brave Shine from Fate Stay/Night UBW which has unconquered animation and an awesome song to go with it as well

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

a lot of people need to get that OPM is about the humor first. it's not trying to be a serious anime with a deep and interesting plot or anything like that

That's the problem: it's just not very funny. I mean, I see them attempting to be funny from time to time, but it's hardly very good at dry or anticlimactic humor compared to (say) Kyoukai no Rinne. The over-the-top moments of animation make it worthwhile, but not nearly to the levels it's hyped to be.

Ikr...

But that's to be expected.

are you saying you would expect the manga to show more action and motion then the anime? that just doesnt seem right to me.

Brave Shine from Fate Stay/Night UBW which has unconquered animation and an awesome song to go with it as well

Have you herd LeeandLie's english version of Brave shine yet. Its pretty good imo.

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

That's the problem: it's just not very funny. I mean, I see them attempting to be funny from time to time, but it's hardly very good at dry or anticlimactic humor compared to (say) Kyoukai no Rinne. The over-the-top moments of animation make it worthwhile, but not nearly to the levels it's hyped to be.

I find the OPness of Saitama pretty funny even though I saw this type of humor in almost every episode of OPM. I dunno why, just find something really funny for example about Genos struggling to fight his opponent then Saitama just comes out of nowhere and slaps her head off(when Saitama first met Genos). The Saitama and Sonic moments were also pretty funny to me. Or when Sonic commented on Puri Puri Prisoner's Angel technique. Or the "OK" moment. Just a few of the moments I found pretty funny. Of course not everyone might find the same things funny so I get that you might not like it that much which is fine. There are many different moments in other anime others will ROFLing about but I wont even laugh.

If you don't like the humor in an anime about humor then I would see why you wont like the anime that much since you might find the whole point of the anime dissapointing

Specs of my PC:

are you saying you would expect the manga to show more action and motion then the anime? that just doesnt seem right to me.

No, I didn't expect the Anime to have as good animation quality.

Thats all.

The artist is simply THAT good, while the animator isn't.

I can't even Imagen how great it would be if Yusuke did the animation.

Have you herd LeeandLie's english version of Brave shine yet. Its pretty good imo.

I'm not really into english versions if I like the original OP but it doesn't seem bad, just listened to it. Still like the original much more. But goddamn dat animation! Can anyone do better? lol

Specs of my PC:

But goddamn dat animation! Can anyone do better? lol

Its not really aout if anyone can do better, but more about who has the bigger wallet to spend on animation. Sure Ufotable has great shows like kara no kyoukai but they threw massive budgets at them hense the tag unlimited budget works for the UBW season. Look at god eater. average animation still by ufotable. maybe a different section but its still them. I suspect Production IG and A1 could do something like that if they wanted to thow massive budgets around.

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

Its not really aout if anyone can do better, but more about who has the bigger wallet to spend on animation. Sure Ufotable has great shows like kara no kyoukai but they threw massive budgets at them hense the tag unlimited budget works for the UBW season. Look at god eater. average animation still by ufotable. maybe a different section but its still them. I suspect Production IG and A1 could do something like that if they wanted to thow massive budgets around.

Yea I guess, but some studios just can't do as good as the others even with the same/bigger budget. I know Ufotable uses a lot of effects and CGI to make the animation look good though, but still...damn. :P

Specs of my PC:

Yea I guess, but some studios just can't do as good as the others even with the same/bigger budget. I know Ufotable uses a lot of effects and CGI to make the animation look good though, but still...damn. :P

Oh definitely. When i think of ufotable i like to believe they have a crap ton of super computers for this stuff and then other companies like PA Works just have a few overclocked calculators lol

Oh definitely. When i think of ufotable i like to believe they have a crap ton of super computers for this stuff and then other companies like PA Works just have a few overclocked calculators lol

:PP yea. Bet they have a elite animation division dedicated to Fate anime

Specs of my PC:

good is the manga any good since it restarted?

For d gray man I started watching the dub when I hit the end of that switched to sub then moved to the manga then fan translations of the manga just to hit the same dead end as the anime :(

I've never read the manga, I'm generally not into them, too lazy. I've watched a billion anime but have read very few manga so I can't answer that.

i could not finish the previous series as it is getting real boring half way through. is it good that i should finish it? i roughly stop at 50++ i think.

Yes it gets really boring at one point, but it gets quite good later for me, at least near the end. Worth watching in my opinion.

WOW, thats awesome. I was pissed at the way that they ended it. maybe now ill finally be able to recommend it to someone... Maybe...

Same here. I really want to see what happens next, w/o having to read the manga. The end left more questions than it started with.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

This is why i hate anime protagonists, the little cunt attempts to kill thousands of people, she kills hundreds of others just to further her power. when she loses her power protagonist is like no its fine. DROP THE BITCH. 

blame kiritsugu

and maybe irisviel 

Can you really be mad at someone this cute?

plus it actually works well

:PP yea. Bet they have a elite animation division dedicated to Fate anime

they don't work on just nasuverse so you know 

I find the OPness of Saitama pretty funny even though I saw this type of humor in almost every episode of OPM. I dunno why, just find something really funny for example about Genos struggling to fight his opponent then Saitama just comes out of nowhere and slaps her head off(when Saitama first met Genos). The Saitama and Sonic moments were also pretty funny to me. Or when Sonic commented on Puri Puri Prisoner's Angel technique. Or the "OK" moment. Just a few of the moments I found pretty funny. Of course not everyone might find the same things funny so I get that you might not like it that much which is fine. There are many different moments in other anime others will ROFLing about but I wont even laugh.

I like the same joke being told the same way once or twice, then it gets staler and staler. That's the real problem. It doesn't help either that Astro Fighter Sunred did the same jokes, except in a more skillful and varied manner years ago. There you also expect that Sunred will curb-stomp his opponents, but that's not really the joke to begin with, it's whatever gets him to that curb-stomping (kind of like that one ep where Saitama loses it over missing the sale), and the punchline isn't even the beating itself usually, but the aftermath.

I think my personal gripe with treating OPM as a comedy is that there aren't enough jokes to justify a full 22 minutes. In fact it usually feels like they only have 10-12 minutes of material at all for a given episode, comedy or otherwise, and stretch it out almost to the breaking point.

If you don't like the humor in an anime about humor then I would see why you wont like the anime that much since you might find the whole point of the anime dissapointing

I simply don't buy that it's primarily a comedy anime. It has some jokes, and the premise is silly, but there is at least as much non-comedy stuff as there is comedy. Since comedies don't get hyped to this degree, I also don't imagine that's why it's being hyped (so much as people just have nothing else to talk about OPM so they fall back on the animation sequences and few jokes the most).

blame kiritsugu

and maybe irisviel

plus it actually works well

they don't work on just nasuverse so you know

I know but their best animation shows mostly in Fate(Zero,UBW) as far as I know

Specs of my PC:

I know but their best animation shows mostly in Fate(Zero,UBW) as far as I know

you're correct. ufo's most well-known stuff is in the nasuverse

I like the same joke being told the same way once or twice, then it gets staler and staler. That's the real problem. It doesn't help either that Astro Fighter Sunred did the same jokes, except in a more skillful and varied manner years ago. There you also expect that Sunred will curb-stomp his opponents, but that's not really the joke to begin with, it's whatever gets him to that curb-stomping (kind of like that one ep where Saitama loses it over missing the sale), and the punchline isn't even the beating itself usually, but the aftermath.

I think my personal gripe with treating OPM as a comedy is that there aren't enough jokes to justify a full 22 minutes. In fact it usually feels like they only have 10-12 minutes of material at all for a given episode, comedy or otherwise, and stretch it out almost to the breaking point.

I simply don't buy that it's primarily a comedy anime. It has some jokes, and the premise is silly, but there is at least as much non-comedy stuff as there is comedy. Since comedies don't get hyped to this degree, I also don't imagine that's why it's being hyped (so much as people just have nothing else to talk about OPM so they fall back on the animation sequences and few jokes the most).

It's not really surprising that comedy is the primary focus in OPM as it's based off a gag manga/comic.

And some of the villains like Boros and Garou especially do look to be very strong and some of them quite serious as well but when you already know that Saitama will just easily defeat them before they even fight him it kind of defeats that seriousness.

I take it as a comedy and slice of life anime(Saitama's slice of life, his ordinary life, not the typical slice of life anime which tries to relate to real life :P)

I just like watching Saitama's silly story and encounters and how he likes being a hero for fun since that's what it's about. But also sometimes it's fun to see how he deals with his haters :P.

If I were to take it for a serious anime I'm pretty sure I would be dissapointed.

Specs of my PC:

Good music m8

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

I'm still hooked on Noragami Aragoto's Opening but it's STILL only the 2nd best opening of 2015 to me, right after Brave Shine from Fate Stay/Night UBW which has unconquered animation and an awesome song to go with it as well

The voice of Aimer is strong.

I still prefer Hollow World over Brave Shine, but then we are talking about anime OPs. Oh wait, RE:I AM.

The voice of Aimer is strong.

I still prefer Hollow World over Brave Shine, but then we are talking about anime OPs. Oh wait, RE:I AM.

Also any info on when Heaven's Feel is coming out? Been kinda out of touch w Fate ever since UBW ended

Specs of my PC:

Also any info on when Heaven's Feel is coming out? Been kinda out of touch w Fate ever since UBW ended

Aren't they beginning to finally tease it?

Some people are thinking its FGO, but I'm like, "No, it's Heaven's Feel."

Aren't they beginning to finally tease it?

Some people are thinking its FGO, but I'm like, "No, it's Heaven's Feel."

They are working on a Heaven's Feel movie. No idea when it will come out and it seems there isnt a set release date yet. We will just have to wait I guess.

Specs of my PC:

cant play Tales of Zesteria because it keeps crashing on me.

Probably a run time error. 

How far are you?

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.