Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

woah the OPM tank covers are 3D lol even more reason to buy em this xmas 

tumblr_nx7ueinLWF1r2fksuo2_540.jpg

more here http://goboiano.com/news/3611-japanese-fan-discovers-that-one-punch-man-manga-covers-are-3d-images

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

I am in my original Debian install now. Booting to KDE fine (finally). 

All I had to do to get that to happen was comment out the attempt to mount the RAID 0 of the PCI-E SSD as /home in /etc/fstab. 

I've almost forsaken my old /home folder. I've done enough to the drives that I seriously doubt it will still be usable. 

I realized only a few minutes ago that I never used ZFS on that array. I used mdadm. fml :|

I should document what I've done more. Oh well. Time to see if I can salvage the "array" with mdadm. Now... how do i use this again...?

In other news, One Plus X is now $250 and freely buyable. I think it's been invite only like the One & the Two were/are? Is it the budget version? Haven't kept up with that at all. One Plus One's are out of stock. I wonder if they are done selling those.

I break installs quite often with fstab. Can be a nasty file if you don't know how to properly add things to it.

Right ZFS has some proprietary blobs so its never in default repos or installers. Its possible to use but can be annoying sometimes.

>One Plus X

Its basically a nicer looking m8 thats not $650.

Specs are almost identical but the One Plus X cut a few of the wireless capabilities. Can't remember exactly what it was but I think it made it incompatible with a couple of US carriers. Also I think it has a larger battery then the m8.

It's on my list of phones I would switch to if I actually kill my one m8.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

For all you Zestiria fans, some potentially good news: http://www.animeherald.com/2015/12/15/bandai-unveils-tales-of-zestiria-the-x-anime-series

Anyone else watch Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wi Shitai ga Umatteiru? Nothing amazing imo but a pretty good anime(it's a detective anime btw)

Just watched four eps. It's pretty awful, but kind of seems to know that, and tries to just roll with it and entertain you however it can. It didn't really have enough to keep me watching, but if you don't take it too seriously it might be amusing.

awwwww yissssss finally on break. Time to completely dump all my knowledge about electric circuits cause fuck those things.
Final exam for thermo, 7/16 for multiple choice section and 42/75 for written part, grade worked out to a 66% (which is a B)
now I spend the next 3 weeks twiddling my thumbs and trying to find something to pass time with
----- SUPERLONGPOST

now that I have a bit of time, how about a change a pace and do some quality posting.
Picked up Boku to Majo. Summary makes it sound terrible, actually has a giggle here and there. Not as bad as it sounds.

mango

aSnzhvW.jpg
S5U8vcX.jpg

9Gb8VxN.jpg
dUXC9vt.jpg
iBljkLd.jpg

wTMH7Re.jpg
98Or6rO.jpg

Just sat down and watched the first episode of Iron-Blooded Orphans. I know @wolfgang seemed to like it. Has anyone else seen a few episodes? @BashZeStampeedo @KRImSIN ? It seems pretty popular. It looked really good too.

Threw on the first episode. Couldn't resist when I started watching it, but I started the trend of making wagers. Mind you we were both only -half- watching it because just bought Taco Bell and we both tend to eat it by basically drowning it in fire sauce. So there's a lot of time spent looking down to open packets and dump the sauce between reading subs.

here's helping's brand new style of anime pre-review (LTD. ED.)

*NOTE that if you were to be perturbed by me telling you that if you bite into the flesh of an apple it will taste like an apple, then you may consider these "spoilers"
**It's episode 1, stfu this doesn't spoil anything

Managed to call accurately:

-Main character greatly suspected 1 minute in after looking at Gundam, name of anime immediately makes sense. Orphans abused by the system 'an put to fightin'. Riveting content. I read nothing at all about it, picked it up on a whim based on looks and "Gundam," though I still can't excuse myself from not seeing this coming.  
 ✓Kids fighting confirmed for dramatic at end of episode. Much savage, such grit, wow morals. 
 ✓"aniki" character also identified at 1 minute. Later bad flags, high suspect for drama-ing all over the thing and dying or whatever

-Main character and his sidekicks at first appearance as a group. Main character further reinforced by simple visual inspection.
 ✓Main "sidekick" cast confirmed later in battle
 ✓fat weird looking one confirmed for niche skill/trump card (loser.com joke to be made here), he's gotta make up for it somehow.

-Main tits called when she first appeared
 ✓Further confirmed when tits goes to space base to cross cast with main
 ✓Main character and main tits absolutely 100% confirmed when tits approaches MC out of the blue.
(sanity check at this point by recalling Aldnoah Zero and being certain that I'm not rewatching it)

-Royalty at base, they've already told us there's going to be a skirmish. Dramatic irony at this point (technical use of definition). This plus the point above is basically a declaration that MC will save.
 ✓MC saves

-Main character would be forced by circumstances (result of situation above) to get in the fucking robot
 ✓confirmed to get into robot under circumstances

-At least one death of characters introduced anticipated. Guessing who dies first was not attempted.
 ✓later confirmed.

>Extra credit: Rich vs poor strife
 ✓Potentially observed, not too sure. Burrito and ripping open masses of sauce packets is distracting.
 ✓Are you even trying? You lost to Aldnoah on this one.

gonzo of mech action anime
possibly interesting if they actually do something and first episode was hook by crook Kyoani style.

I just can't even. Can't. Even.

I can't even this post. It might be a mixture of feature and oddities because the way you're ranting sounds like it's something should "just work" because it does literally every time except for this situation.

What you're explaining sounds like an issue that ends up being excruciating difficult to search for a solution because trying to query google for that is with great certainty not possible.

perhaps you could try asking stack exchange or tek syndicate? Neither of them are that snobby (I'm not familiar with linux communities) @Opask might be able to point you somewhere because we both know you're not going to get help here.

Your frustrations do give rise to something I'd though about before and wondered if it exists. Having something like a 5.25 slot (because there's really no other use for it) and using it like a hotswap + switch. Main OS drive + fail-safe/test chamber drive, kinda useless because you could simply forget a drive on there and use a boot selector when you need it, but a physical switch would be kinda nice. Could really let you pull off some cool shit if OS used true hibernation, letting you swap environments over the span of a minute.

Latest build Einhander just finished up last night. Tell me what you think and maybe throw me some support. (using Twitter for pics cause on phone) @Charger @MyInnerFred @CatCloud @helping

https://twitter.com/TheProfosist/status/676868203419570177

https://twitter.com/TheProfosist/status/676869247268687872

I see your build. It is nice, and I raise you.

Humor me here, but keep in mind that 10000 is a large number, and is a "raise" from 100; 10000 > 100. 
On the flip side, -10000 is a very small number. But, if we change our perspective -10000 can technically be called an absolutely large number because a large negative and (abstract) and an arbitrarily defined large quantity of nothing or large "volume of nothingness" is an absolutely large value. 

With that being said, we can imply that conditionally -10000 > 100 and can conclude that a raise can be not only by value, but also in terms of magnitude.

Now, I went through that exercise so that I can show you this in hopes to garter a greater appreciation.

MgpL728.jpg
gtsozU3.jpg

Error: 410

Just sat down and watched the first episode of Iron-Blooded Orphans. I know @wolfgang seemed to like it. Has anyone else seen a few episodes? @BashZeStampeedo @KRImSIN ? It seems pretty popular. It looked really good too.

It seems like pretty typical "decent Gundam". Which is to say it follows a certain formula, but follows it pretty well. I've only seen the first two episodes so far, but I know others watching it who say it's "fine". Not great, not bad, just "fine". Their current gripe is that it's been stuck in one of those Gundam build-up phases where not too much seems to happen for a while. Honestly though, I'll be happy enough to watch another relatively decent Gundam series. We don't get many of them anymore, though we do still get an insane amount of Gundam anime.

I don`t know if this is posted earlier, but even if it is still deserves one more time. :3

aKBb62g_700b_v1.jpg

:D

I don't recall this being posted here earlier. Despite my really horrible memory, doesn't seem familiar.

Pulled from "Who is you favorite forumer?" thread:

I'll probably do something cheeky and tag the whole club... I'll refrain from doing so. Let the back patting begin!

@wolfgang - Similar taste in favorite anime, Fellow tanker, Generously donated money for giveaway purposes, Good Taste in Music, Great community member, Icy Number 9

@DigitalHermit - Good taste in Music, Club Member, Icy Number 9

@Ruostunut kokis - Club Member, Always there with something to say, Reliable, Icy Number 9

Can't tell if referring us three by the level on intelligence or the occasional use of certain fan art and/or fan-made music... or both.

post-23506-0-11448300-1450241569_thumb.j

Also: me, reliable? Good joke. I'm about as reliable as a Trabant.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Bakaramon

that was great definitely one of the best anime i have ever watched, thanks for recommending it

idolmaster...

natsuiro no kiseki...

love live...

thanks 

Inuyasha. 

i believe i've watched some of it before not sure how much

Mushishi

Natsume Yuujinchou

Spice and Wolf

i completely forgot about spice and wolf dont know why i stopped watching it xD

-snip-

who is that girl?

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

i completely forgot about spice and wolf dont know why i stopped watching it xD

You're going to break several hearts by saying that... :(

Also I'd recommend Usagi Drop or Nodame Cantabile, or if you want something with a bit more "pep" then try the Read or Die OVA or Kyousougiga (though that one takes an ep or two to get "peppy")

I don't recall this being posted here earlier. Despite my really horrible memory, doesn't seem familiar.

Pulled from "Who is you favorite forumer?" thread:

Can't tell if referring us three by the level on intelligence or the occasional use of certain fan art and/or fan-made music... or both.

attachicon.gif1411704357692.jpg

Also: me, reliable? Good joke. I'm about as reliable as a Trabant.

Direct reference to Touhou of course. 

6a7d8e4a2a8ccaf079a9c7dca82b1086146ad081

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

You're going to break several hearts by saying that... :(

sorry, but i am serious i for some reason stopped watching it and then forgot about it i will go back to it so dont worry

Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

Yeah i watched some it really just felt like a mediocre Gundam nothing really caught my eye, it's not really horrible nor is it amazing, its just a normal gundam imo.

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

sorry, but i am serious i for some reason stopped watching it and then forgot about it i will go back to it so dont worry

Oh, it's ok, I was just joking around... also, I edited that post with a couple of recommendations, in case you're interested.

Oh, it's ok, I was just joking around... also, I edited that post with a couple of recommendations, in case you're interested.

i'm always interested  :D  

Spoiler

@helping

Regarding the mixture of features & wtv, I posted later listing what my issue was. I'll give a TL;DR. 

Basically, you can't unplug a UEFI drive and boot the system. Otherwise, the firmware will look at the NVRAM (non-volatile RAM) where it stores the UEFI settings, see the drive/bootloader isn't there, and delete it's entry. So when you plug the drive back in, oh lookie, the firmware doesn't know wtf it's supposed to do with it. Because it deleted the settings it needed to know wtf to do with it.

The only way around it is to either never unplug the drive, or modify the default backup bootloader (bootx64.efi) to let you choose from all other bootloaders on the drive. Which, imo, is how it should be done in the first place. Because screw a motherboard that manages that shit on it's own and doesn't explicitly say so. The settings living with the drive makes infinitely more sense imo.

If it sees a UEFI object is gone, it should boot to UEFI/BIOS Setup mandatory and go "Hey, it's gone. What do you want me to do?"

Most of them do the "oh, debianx64.efi on drive 256GB SSD sn't there anymore? we don't need this entry in the NVRAM anymore. *delete*". Not all. But most do that.

@Opask

Good to know. I imagine /bin/plymouth does something to /home that is important. That's why it was failing and immediately sending me to rescue mode every time I boot (I believe). Otherwise, my install was 100% A-OK.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Hell yeah mother fucker.

Was it fun? Usual Nexon pay-to-win bs? or naw? Graphics ok? Performance good? 

I am going to dive into mdadm now. 

List of reasons my data is toast on the PCI-E SSD "RAID 0 Array":

1. There was a Microsoft Recovery partition on one of the drives. Why. Why the hell was it on there? I mean really. I didn't do it. I imagine Windows did it when installing onto the other SSDs. I never touched the PCI-E SSD with the installer. :| This is why you remove drives when installing Windows. o wait, UEFI doesn't like that. Guess you're f***ed.
  2. The Primary GPT partition on the arrays was corrupt. I think. That, or they weren't the same as the backups.
  3. I flashed the backup GPT on the drives to the Primary GPT since they didn't match and I figured the backup was the right one. This was a major screw up. Simply because I didn't backup the GPTs first (you can output them to file in case you do something wrong). So if the backup was wrong and the primary was right, I'm screwed. If the reverse, I'm good.

The reason the GPT being right is important is because the GPT has the GUUID, and each one is different. GUUID is the identifier for what drive is what and is usually what Linux uses to say "go get this drive" in settings. Them not being the same as what they were in the original RAID 0 means it won't import correctly or at all.

4. It's a RAID 0 array. If one of them gets FUBARed, they all are FUBARed. That Microsoft Recovery Partition probably means I'm toast, but it might only make some files corrupt and not destroy everything. I deleted the partition from the GPT then restored the backup.

Here's to hoping!  :D

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Was it fun? Usual Nexon pay-to-win bs? or naw? Graphics ok? Performance good? 

I just downloaded it.

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

Any one else interested in this? http://goo.gl/fM0r7Y I picked up the base $5 one if I like it I might go higher. I'm sure no one is surprised at this. :P

Any one else interested in this? http://goo.gl/fM0r7Y I picked up the base $5 one if I like it I might go higher. I'm sure no one is surprised at this. :P

post-259091-0-61900300-1450247029.jpg

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

*ahem* did you see my post earlier?

Cpu:

Sell some CS skins or trading cards

*ahem* did you see my post earlier?

#nope

Phew. Hyouka's gotten surprisingly slow, even for a show ostensibly about a "low energy" lead character.

Hyouka (12). decent.

This ep felt more like an OVA then the OVA did. It came across as an excuse to just show Chitanda being adorable, and aside from a couple of brief moments with a broken pen and Mayaka being all mopey, it was devoid of any real reason to be a full episode. It's the type of thing I suspect (and really hope) will be turned on its head in the next episode. I'm a bit disappointed that Chitanda really is just a flighty girl after all, but you can't win 'em all. At least she's not an angst factory, or a ticking time bomb.

Hyouka (13). decent.

Wow, they're really taking the slow road with this build-up, to the extent that it not only feels dragged out, but also like an attempt to placate fans of "nothing happens" anime who might be upset that too much goes on in your typical Hyouka episode. Honestly, for 10 solid minutes I wondered if I had stumbled onto a series of DVD specials and not just one. Thankfully they at least remembered to have some light fun again after that, with some of what passes as plot progression by this arc's standards. The good news is that I like the characters enough to not mind the slow stuff too much, nor even the annoying stuff with Mayaka (because they at least set up the appropriate punchline and delivered it). But there are limits to my patience, so hopefully the next ep will pay off.

Hyouka (14). decent.

After three episodes of this arc, my expectations for this series are pretty darn low. Hyouka has always been intentionally light and low-energy, but this stuff has dragged on far too long for its own good. If they didn't have a charming cast, it would have doomed them outright. Especially since the plot progression was contrived. Mercifully at least it was fun enough, and they telegraphed things so I didn't feel that they were just pulled out of their rectums. That doesn't make this a memorable set of episodes, but at least it makes them pleasant. I do worry about Chitanda's character though; are they trying to portray her as a girl with an overactive imagination, or a lost puppy?

@KRImSIN @TheProfosist So.... is the game the NA version? because i have both NA and EU account and it looks like its NA when i try and login.

How do i change to EU`? 

Edit: OK so there is 1 version (2 if you count Korea´s), but you can select different servers when online, but for whatever reason i need a NA Nexon account to login.
I dont wanaaaaaa + it´s deactivated so i need to wait for support to fix that..aka 2 weeks.