Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

I just downloaded it.

Ah k

I do worry about Chitanda's character though; are they trying to portray her as a girl with an overactive imagination, or a lost puppy?

Little column A; Little column B

ah yus, mah temp life blood

So reading wikis is informative. When mdadm creates an array, it makes Superblocks on each drive that gives the general "this is part of X array with Y drives" info among other things. It couldnt' find the superblocks on my drives using the --assemble command and --examine doesn't list them.

Last resort is simple: Recreate the array, exactly as you made it the first time, and hope it works. I'm at that stage. This is only to be done once superblocks are not recoverable/lost.

One glimmer of hope happened. When you go to create an mdadm array, it lists any pertinent info before asking if you want to go through with it. This is what it gave me:
mdadm: /dev/sdc1 appears to contain an ext2fs file system       size=87922688K  mtime=Mon Sep 21 20:08:27 2015mdadm: /dev/sdd1 appears to contain an ext2fs file system       size=117219328K  mtime=Mon Sep 21 21:19:54 2015mdadm: /dev/sde1 appears to contain an ext2fs file system       size=117219328K  mtime=Mon Sep 21 21:19:54 2015mdadm: /dev/sdf1 appears to contain an ext2fs file system       size=117219328K  mtime=Mon Sep 21 21:19:54 2015

I made this array on Sept 21st. So. Why couldn't it give me that info without having to attempt to create a new array? IDK. Still a glimmer of hope that the superblock is intact. Somehow. That info on sdc being different from the rest in size & creation date/time is weird tho. I always put these in a single RAID 0. Huh. 

I've made the array using the basic parameters & defaults. I did do one unique thing tho: When making the partitions (via gdisk), I gave the drive's file system the "Linux RAID" flag. I am not sure if I did this the first time. 

I'm running gpart now with -fi (full scan + requires interaction with each thing it finds) on the raid array. Might take a while (tho, it's an SSD, er, 4-way RAID 0 PCI-E SSD that's only 400GB big). I'm hopeful, as usual.

If this fails. I will undo the array -> delete the partitions on the drives -> remake the partitions -> leave them as "Linux Filesystem" flagged -> remake the array -> try again. Just because I'm not sure what I originally did that as. 

Another thing to consider: What if the drives are never listed in Linux in the same order? Like, if /dev/sdc wasn't the first drive in the array when I first made it, this won't work. And I don't know how that works since it's fakeRAID and Linux and stuff.

.... so I just realized I have a ton of attempts at this I have to do.

I have to try every possible combination of drive, and I have to try each of those as both Linus Filesystem & Linux RAID partitions. !4 = 24, so I have 23 different possible combinations of /dev/sdc, /dev/sdd, /dev/sde, and /dev/sdf. So I have to do this 46 times to cover all possible combinations. 

Jesus. I mean, as I do it more, my chances of getting it go up, and so I'll probably only have to do it like 10-30 times. Still a lot tho.

All this is fine imo, regarding the integrity of the data though. I could make and destroy partitions all day. It doesn't actually affect the data AFAICT. I could make arrays and destroy them all day as well. The metadata version decides where the Superblock goes, so it's just the same as the partition table. Safe to screw with, basically. 

So. Off I go. I'm really hoping that it just works the first time. But so far, it doesn't look like it. 

I'll test if the drives change letter on reboot (i.e. right now /dev/sdc is sdc, but if I reboot, does it become /sdd, /sde, or /sdf?). Just look at it's UUID and that should be enough.

If they swap around, that will suck. If they don't, then I only have two to test. Linux RAID & Linus Filesystem flags. Not sure if that'd be relevant tho. 

#NoSleep #YoutubeTime

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

woah the OPM tank covers are 3D lol even more reason to buy em this xmas 

-snip-

more here http://goboiano.com/news/3611-japanese-fan-discovers-that-one-punch-man-manga-covers-are-3d-images

Wait... OPM has how many volumes and has been publishing for how long now? Has more than 60 chapters right? And this is something they just now notice? And I thought I was unobservant.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

I just found out that this movie is basically "animated Suicide Squad": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_Assault_on_Arkham

Guess what just jumped to the top of my "to watch" list? DC Animated movies tend to be of high quality anyway (for what they are).

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I just found out that this movie is basically "animated Suicide Squad": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_Assault_on_Arkham

Guess what just jumped to the top of my "to watch" list? DC Animated movies tend to be of high quality anyway (for what they are).

I watched it a couple of months back, it's worth the time in my book. 

Joker being the joker as usual. 

4ed86eff0f68203035a41e71089c3ac9ec61f824

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I watched it a couple of months back, it's worth the time in my book. 

Joker being the joker as usual. 

I like it when black and white images are done well. Bad Apple's music video was awesome. Limbo-ized Dark Souls looks great (if unplayable).

The disks do not swap around on reboot. So, now to try it with Linux Filesystem flag instead of Linux RAID flag.

† Christian Member †

For all you Zestiria fans, some potentially good news: http://www.animeherald.com/2015/12/15/bandai-unveils-tales-of-zestiria-the-x-anime-series

Just watched four eps. It's pretty awful, but kind of seems to know that, and tries to just roll with it and entertain you however it can. It didn't really have enough to keep me watching, but if you don't take it too seriously it might be amusing.

Its pretty boring but for some reason I keep watching it slowly, maybe cuz Im just waiting for new eps of other anime and have nothing to watch

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

HMV are having a receivership sale and I managed to snag a few blurays for dirt cheap.

Went over to the anime section and not even a token 5% off. -.-

Preparing to move houses again. I've ran out of boxes..

15e74d6017.jpg

God the paint on the front looks awful. Why not just keep it simple.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

It was way worse, that or maybe because I gave up on even trying and just joined in. Just trying to find my Christmas avatar a few weeks ago jesus the thread was so bad

Shit post to whatever x000 gif wars. Quad posting etc.

tbh most of that crap was my fault, evoking gif wars every two minutes.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

tbh most of that crap was my fault, evoking gif wars every two minutes.

There were others too, but I do remember you being one of them (and I remember me fueling the .gif wars). And I'm pretty sure you have been forgiven, just like others.

Funny how times change... In less than a year there can be noticeable changes in behavior, and we don't realize it until we look back. When humans are younger, they tend to do some more or less stupid stuff. And some time after realizing that, we keep finding even more stuff in our past that are not the smartest things we have done, even from just a few weeks back.

Life is a constant learning course, I guess. And we learn effectively from our own failures.

I feel like One Punch Man is really overrated. It's not bad, but some of my friends who don't watch anime started watching it thanks to 9gag and keep talking how amazing it is.

fac2dff13b20c5579455593765b01b56.gif

Of the time I have been in 9gag every now and then, in the past month or two there has been so much praise about One Punch Man, claiming it's the best anime in a while, "savior of anime", and other stuff along those lines.

I haven't even taken a look at One Punch Man, nor that I care to at the moment.

Direct reference to Touhou of course.

6a7d8e4a2a8ccaf079a9c7dca82b1086146ad081

I was just unsure whether to take "Icy Number  ⑨" as a hidden insult or not.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

I feel like One Punch Man is really overrated. It's not bad, but some of my friends who don't watch anime started watching it thanks to 9gag and keep talking how amazing it is.

Blasphemy!! OPM is great you're just experiencing the hipster syndrome "I was doing it before it was cool"

it will wear off eventually, and you'll get used to it lel

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

it's probably gonna be the gateway anime for a lot of people. 

it's probably gonna be the gateway anime for a lot of people.

Sounds like I can pay it no mind then.

The disks do not swap around on reboot. So, now to try it with Linux Filesystem flag instead of Linux RAID flag.

Awesome. I was curious as well. Because typically it wouldn't switch unless you added a disk in strange way. So for example adding a 5th disk but plugging it into the sata port that was previously the 4th disks port.

So even though Linux is looking past the raid controller in your drive the 4 separate drives should still be presented in the same order.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

I installed esxi 6 on my rackmount woot. After which I was going to install Solaris on it...

The reality was my hp G5 dl380 (one e5345 Xeon but I would like to install a second CPU though but that requires I find another voltage regulator and hp rackmount heatsinks I think)had vtx and nx bit off by default and I had reboot two or three things due to discovering this one by one. Then I couldn't run vsphere client in my rmbp directly and I couldn't use my win10 vm because virtual box stopped working since OS X 10.11.2...

Such is life...

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

Of the time I have been in 9gag every now and then, in the past month or two there has been so much praise about One Punch Man, claiming it's the best anime in a while, "savior of anime", and other stuff along those lines.

I haven't even taken a look at One Punch Man, nor that I care to at the moment.

Kill la Kill saved anime better.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

I thought kill la kill only saved fanservice...

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

I thought kill la kill only saved fanservice...

That too

Definitely. I think anime have just gotten so boring and samey recently that OPM is the only thing left to turn into a gateway anime, so people are desperately clinging to it and pretending it's far more awesome than it really is. Ten years ago it wouldn't have even been a footnote. Five years ago we had an actually funny version called Astro Fighter Sunred, but nobody hyped that because they were still busy fellating K-On and Bakemonogatari.

Nope, Kill la Kill wasn't perfect, so it actually got mainstream backlash. OPM by contrast isn't good enough for people to want it to be perfect, so it has a distinct advantage.

Nope, Kill la Kill wasn't perfect, so it actually got mainstream backlash. OPM by contrast isn't good enough for people to want it to be perfect, so it has a distinct advantage.

Yeah, I don't really think that it did or anything. Although I did like it better than OPM. And then there was that whole sexism thing around it, ooooooh brother.

And then there was that whole sexism thing around it, ooooooh brother.

Yeah, some people just skip the whole "paying attention and figuring out the anime's themes/messages" thing and just jump straight to whatever gets them good and angry.

Yeah, some people just skip the whole "paying attention and figuring out the anime's themes/messages" thing and just jump straight to whatever gets them good and angry.

People are often very narrow minded .

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

People are often very narrow minded .

My favorite debate about Kill la Kill was with one of those people. They saw me being a bit negative about it, and thought I was onboard with their BS, though I was really just criticizing it for its technical issues. Boy did they shut up quick when they realized that they hadn't even watched the anime closely enough to substantiate their claims.