Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions

Not seen it so no idea if it's good.

First impression : but load of random.

its good. its playful considering its a childs imagination but its good. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

You haven't been playing a lot of (Square Enix) games then. Just look at Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance or Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy - the 012 is pronounced "duodecim" instead of "oh-twelve". There's also the nonsensical Engrish lyrics like Red Fraction, the opening song used for Black Lagoon. Oh, there's Oregairu who's full title is Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru - literally: "My youth romantic comedy is wrong as I expected" -, but in English it's: My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU. They're similar, but the English one has a harsher meaning whereas the Japanese one is more defeated.

I was too lazy to play Square Enix games...

Well there's also the funny Engrish that they use...

You haven't been playing a lot of (Square Enix) games then. Just look at Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance or Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy - the 012 is pronounced "duodecim" instead of "oh-twelve". There's also the nonsensical Engrish lyrics like
, the opening song used for Black Lagoon. Oh, there's Oregairu who's full title is Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru - literally: "My youth romantic comedy is wrong as I expected" -, but in English it's: My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU. They're similar, but the English one has a harsher meaning whereas the Japanese one is more defeated.
I was too lazy to play Square Enix games...Well there's also the funny Engrish that they use...
Hey man don't make fun of the Japanese for using a random English word randomly. They think its cool.

Hey man don't make fun of the Japanese for using a random English word randomly. They this its cool.

I'm not making fun of them...

I mean look at Archer's Unlimited Blade Works chant. It's epic.

They this its cool.

I agree entirely.

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

But that's like being handed a dossier on a girl you've just started dating I'd rather find her kinks as time goes on than to be told she like to dress the guy she's dating in lingerie.

So you want to find out if she has a kid(true story) or std or something later?

Girlfriend wanting you to crossdress is the least of your worries.

wrong type of spoilers xD, he mentioned text spoilers so he does not have to go through a wall of text written by profosist

Ok.

Well...what's so difficult about reading?

If someone spends the time to type up a huge page; it's probably important enough to scroll through for keywords(such as "loli," "hentai," and maybe "tentacles").

So has anyone heard about Mikasa's long lost brother?

I'm not making fun of them...

I mean look at Archer's Unlimited Blade Works chant. It's epic.

Steel bone and fire blood?

Sounds metal.

I used to have a version of that as my sig on animetake.com, it went like this:

I am the reader of my visualnovel

Sprite is my body, and text is my blood

I have skippedthrough over a thousand transitions

Unknown to Anime

Nor known to LightNovel

Have withstood pain to collect many Lolis

Yet, those hands will never hold anything

So as I pray, Unlimited VN Works

Until Mahoyo came out...but then I'm just waiting on translations.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

I agree entirely.

this = think bit yes.

So you want to find out if she has a kid(true story) or std or something later?

Girlfriend wanting you to crossdress is the least of your worries.

Ok.

Well...what's so difficult about reading?

If someone spends the time to type up a huge page; it's probably important enough to scroll through for keywords(such as "loli," "hentai," and maybe "tentacles").

Its not the least of your worries...

Not all hentai has tentacles, actually most doesn't. I do however find it funny how many modern anime, especially comedy ones take a jab at that stereotype.

Its not the least of your worries...

Not all hentai has tentacles, actually most doesn't. I do however find it funny how many modern anime, especially comedy ones take a jab at that stereotype.

Well, recently I rediscovered(a long time ago I watched Mahou Shoujo Ai series) my love for tentacles in Sidonia no Kishi(space tentacle waifu best waifu).

Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

So I watched an anime called boku!

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

So I watched an anime called boku!

Was it good? I've never heard of it.

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

Was it good? I've never heard of it.

It's a masterpiece.

Unlike so many modern shows that stumble over every excruciating minutia of their characters, Boku no Pico tastefully crafts a story and leaves the characters to mystery (only a fool would dare call the character development “shallow”). Post-modern existentialism is the soup of the day as we progress through their adventure, only to find that materialism is the only thing that keeps us living, but it’s not in a pompous, pseudo-intellectual style that implies that’s a recent phenomena; it’s handled delicately but will impact you in a way that leaves you asking “Why?” Unlike our hack-ridden film industry, Boku no Pico uses metaphors in an excruciatingly subtle way. Sharp-eyed spectators should be able to spot the humanistic properties Chico’s sister displays. Just when you think all of the questions raised will be answered, the film comes to a halt, leaving you, the viewer, left to ponder the hidden questions scholars have kept to themselves up to their untimely deaths.

It's a masterpiece.

Unlike so many modern shows that stumble over every excruciating minutia of their characters, Boku no Pico tastefully crafts a story and leaves the characters to mystery (only a fool would dare call the character development “shallow”). Post-modern existentialism is the soup of the day as we progress through their adventure, only to find that materialism is the only thing that keeps us living, but it’s not in a pompous, pseudo-intellectual style that implies that’s a recent phenomena; it’s handled delicately but will impact you in a way that leaves you asking “Why?” Unlike our hack-ridden film industry, Boku no Pico uses metaphors in an excruciatingly subtle way. Sharp-eyed spectators should be able to spot the humanistic properties Chico’s sister displays. Just when you think all of the questions raised will be answered, the film comes to a halt, leaving you, the viewer, left to ponder the hidden questions scholars have kept to themselves up to their untimely deaths.

This is one of the most well-written reviews for Boku no Pico that I have ever read.

11/10 IT IS AWESOME! BELIEVE THE HYPE. -IGN

This is one of the most well-written reviews for Boku no Pico that I have ever read.

11/10 IT IS AWESOME! BELIEVE THE HYPE. -IGN

That's because I didn't write it.

You haven't been playing a lot of (Square Enix) games then. Just look at Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance or Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy - the 012 is pronounced "duodecim" instead of "oh-twelve".

that's not completely senseless, Dissidia is a word that already uses latin roots (looks like discidium)

Error: 410

Hyper-scroll is the amazing weighted toggleable logitech scroll wheels

I have that. I use it. Scrolling is just part of it. Quoting, previewing and other things are made easier by spoilers.

Hey man don't make fun of the Japanese for using a random English word randomly. They think its cool.

A perfect example of this is Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep. 

When Tetsuya Nomura was thinking of the name, he only knew in the beginning he wanted it to have the word "by" in it. Not Sleep. Not Birth. Just "by". 

... wtf? How is that a base for a great name? :|

that's not completely senseless, Dissidia is a word that already uses latin roots (looks like discidium)

Cool. It would've made more sense to write "Duodecim" instead of "012". :|

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

It would've made more sense to write "Duodecim" instead of "012". :|

I guess they substituted Roman numerals for Arabic and changed from English phonetics to Latin, lol.

Aside from that a lot of gamers are dumb, I wouldn't count on people to figure out what duodecim means

Error: 410

Some truth from Majimoji Rurumo...

71b00fb43e.jpg

But of course, big or small, plot is plot.

303d4ff851.jpg

I feel betrayed...

You mean you never visited the meme page?

You mean you never visited the meme page?

Looked up Boku no Pico gifs just to get an idea without actually watching it. All of them were clean (Thank God). At least on the first page. *shudders*

Best non-Boku picture to come up tho' was this reaction image:

4708180+_e730658e8eff8ef8650e6d5c69a2601

It's so great. It's a joke that works on so many levels. @:DDD

>That character is from Steins;Gate and can be a girl or boy depending on which part of the anime you are watching.

>IIRC In this particular screenshot, it's the boy version.

>IIRC He's responding to his friends joking about him liking a guy or being like a woman, not sure which.

>Boku no Pico is about a bunch of cross-dressing males and a normal dressing male in a relationship.

Make the connections. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Looked up Boku no Pico gifs just to get an idea without actually watching it. All of them were clean (Thank God). At least on the first page. *shudders*

Best non-Boku picture to come up tho' was this reaction image:

4708180+_e730658e8eff8ef8650e6d5c69a2601

It's so great. It's a joke that works on so many levels. @:DDD

>That character is from Steins;Gate and can be a girl or boy depending on which part of the anime you are watching.

>IIRC In this particular screenshot, it's the boy version.

>IIRC He's responding to his friends joking about him liking a guy.

>Boku no Pico is about a bunch of cross-dressing males and a normal dressing male in a relationship.

Make the connections.

It depends on of you let him use the phone or not.

Also, that's either when he was introduced as a character in anime or when the effect of the message became apparent.

It depends on of you let him use the phone or not.

Also, that's either when he was introduced as a character in anime or when the effect of the message became apparent.

I was talking about the anime. Where he uses the phone. My bad. Didn't clarify.

† Christian Member †

episode 21? or is that the actual name? because there is an Anime called Overdrive (bicycling anime)

Just Curious

yea i watched it it was pretty decent. I head that there is a second season coming it might even already be schedule.

Love Hina does not have anyone weird.

It's a classic harem show with a main girl.

It gets repetitive after you realize that the main guy is going to bump into the boobs of at least one girl, or see them naked...etc. almost EVERY SCENE.

Want a classic show with main guy you can related to?

Watch Welcome to the NHK.

Koala?????

Yea what about Koala

So is Kawaisou in a way. i mean after a certain point the other character stop going after the main one. But the feel is very much the same and the reason why I mention Love Hina so specifically is the setting and the large amount of parallels.

And that doesnt happen in this one? Love Hina is a classic harem of its time period. I should probably also mention that harems are one one of my favorite genre's because of how they combine life, comedy, and romance.

Hopefully your realize that not everyone that watches anime is a Hikikomori or NEET. Also if you or anyone is please do not assume a cute girl is going to come along an help solve all your problems. I did watch this at a time where I could actually directly relate to much that was happening due to a bunch of things that were happenning in my life and all I have to say is that you dont want to reach that point. Once I was free from it I felt so much better.

10/10

4UaJKsr.png?1

I think other shaft anime probably fit that a bit better. Which reminds me I think im still on the second season of that.

I marathoned up to 157(it is now almost to 200) and I thought it was good although I'm not sure I would recommend someone marathoning it like I did. Also I know @TheProfosist would say not to watch it at all because to him it seems to just be too referential of the writers other work Rave Master although I have never seen it so I can not comment on that.

Now now thats not why I wouldnt watch it. I dont watch it because of what it is. I did start watching it which is what I noticed the resemblance. I actually watched the whole first season or at least US BD set before just stopping. When I watched the first couple episodes I swore I had seen it before since they even start very similarly. Then after a couple eps in I actually looked it up because it was bugging me sicne everything felt so familiar.

I thought Rave Master was ok. I saw most of the series, admittedly the English/US version, and while it was cool, at most I'd rate it as "good" on a 7 point scale from terrible to amazing (terrible - awful - bad - mediocre - good - great - amazing). The Japanese version may be different (less censorship, better translations, and such).

Sounds like something I might like. If you have to suggest a starting number for getting the gist of the show, what would it be? 3 episodes is sort of a golden rule, but I think that only applies to normal anime that is 12-50 episodes long. Longer anime are usually exceptions.

i.e. "Watch this many before giving up on it."

I never said Rave master was any good now would I ever say it was. It also never really finished. Like many anime aimed to run longer that fail it just stopped and was forgotten.

Also 3 eps would be enough for teh newer ~12 ep seasons but with the older 26 and 52 ep seasons youd usually have to watch 5 or so eps in before all the characters were introduced.

TBH (from a manga point of view) I seemed to enjoy Rave Master more than Fairy Tail.

I've only seen about 80 episodes of Fairy Tail, but I'm currently up to date on the manga.

There's something about it that just doesn't get me excited to see the next chapter, unlike other manga/ anime where after the chapter I'm all excited and can't wait for next week.

One of the things that annoys me about it is the 'friendship power', where the more they believe in their nakama the stronger they are against their enemy, etc etc and that sort of thing doesn't makes any logic to me, so it kind of ruins it.

Heaps of people seem to like it though, so you should probably give it a go.

Well just like any shonen manga or anime once they defeat an enemy its just rinse and repeat which may be why you may not be excited to watch further.

That is a comon thing in that genre of anime its likely mostly due to the age group it is aimed at.

the reason why tons of people like it is that its created for mass market appeal. That isnt necessarily a bad thing but is the reason behind its large viewership.