Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

What kind of stories? Romcom? Harem? Dark? Gritty? Comedy based? Action? Etc. 

I know the story can be separate from all that, but how you want it delivered matters I think. It's like flavoring for the story.

I tend to like darker stuff, but with some action and comedy.

As an example, I love FFX. I never really think of it as "dark" in general, but looking over it in the FFX HD remaster, I realize it definitely has a lot of dark moments. I know, not a tv show of any sort, but still... it has quite the story to it.

I also like stories that have quite the "feels" to it, as you may call it.

I don't know if that's too vague or not, sorry. =/

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

I tend to like darker stuff, but with some action and comedy.

As an example, I love FFX. I never really think of it as "dark" in general, but looking over it in the FFX HD remaster, I realize it definitely has a lot of dark moments. I know, not a tv show of any sort, but still... it has quite the story to it.

I also like stories that have quite the "feels" to it, as you may call it.

I don't know if that's too vague or not, sorry. =/

Dark-ish:

Shinsekai Yori (Yuri and Yaoi warning, but it is a good one)

Freezing (lots of 'plot')

Guilty Crown

Highschool of the Dead (lots of 'plot')

Higurashi (killer lolis)

Kamisama no Memo-chou (mix of feels and dark)

Monogatari Series (all dat Shaft goodness)

Robotics;Notes

Steins;Gate

Gosick (Blame the Japanese. It's pronounced 'Gothic')

Black Bullet

Dantalian no Shoka (all dem books)

Feels:

Anything by Key

Isshukan Friends

Shuffle (It gets some feels near the end)

AnoHana (long title is long so google it)

Nagi no Asu Kara

Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru (for loner feels)

Golden Time

50cm/s

Da Capo (I know it's a harem-ish series, but it's the end that will hold most of the feels)

-snip-

Angel Beats (Dark story but truly unique characters with a few twists in it for spice, and pretty great animation/music imo, though it's a bit fast paced, I think it's good for the type of story it tells)

Now and Then, Here and There (I'll be honest, I only saw the last episode. It was so good, I'm going to recommend it based purely on that. YMMV)

Hellsing Ultimate (If you can handle Hamlet, you can handle this, because it's basically anime Hamlet)

King of Thorn (Dark story with the worst CGI I've ever seen (only some parts of the movie are CGI), but if you can make it to the M. Night Shyamalan level twist at the end, it is so worth it).

I can't remember. Frick. That's it. I'm tired of not remembering good anime. Time to make a My Anime List. :|

-snip-

You missed this part before that:

I like animes with a good stories.

Got any recommendations?

I wouldn't put Freezing in that list, for example. Some are good, but some aren't. Just saying.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

-Snipe-

-Snipe-

Thanks, guys! I put all of those in a txt file, so I'll definitely at least check out all of them eventually. 

Now I have shows to watch. :D

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

-snip-

It's got 'plot' so I put it there...

Also for a bit more dark:

Puella Magi Madoka Magica

C The Money of Soul and Possibility Control (this one may take a special trait to appreciate)

Evangelion

Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio - Ars Nova (I think this should count. loli warships)

Fate (Watch the 2010 Stay Night Adaptation, then Zero, then the upcoming UBW, then the upcoming Heaven's Feel)

C The Money of Soul and Possibility Control (this one may take a special trait to appreciate)

But that's not really plot.

C was wonderful. I loved that anime. I should finish it one day.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

But that's not really plot.

C was wonderful. I loved that anime. I should finish it one day.

Glad to see someone appreciating that one.

Meh, it's no big deal to me. I'll still check it out, if I end up not liking it, I'll probably just not watch it. No harm, no foul. :D

Glad to see someone appreciating that one.

Same here. It was weird, and it started to lose me 75% of the way through, but I loved it. Quite the unique plot mechanic. Even for anime. I mean, money is just us turning our potential into something we can trade, as it's us trading our time & work for it, so it makes sense. It's philosophical if you look at it the right way.

... Then again, that's true for everything.

† Christian Member †

It's got 'plot' so I put it there...

Also for a bit more dark:

Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Evangelion

Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio - Ars Nova (I think this should count. loli warships)

Fate (Watch the 2010 Stay Night Adaptation, then Zero, then the upcoming UBW, then the upcoming Heaven's Feel)

Arpeggio isn't very dark.

Fate/Zero is dark; F/SN definitely isn't unless they tell you Sakura's background story(which you should already figure out from F/Z).

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Same here. It was weird, and it started to lose me 75% of the way through, but I loved it. Quite the unique plot mechanic. Even for anime. I mean, money is just us turning our potential into something we can trade, as it's us trading our time & work for it, so it makes sense. It's philosophical if you look at it the right way.

... Then again, that's true for everything.

I watched it once for the face-level stuff...

Watched it again for economics stuff...

Watched it a third time for these two:

17e709bfb3.jpg

Fate/Zero is dark; F/SN definitely isn't unless they tell you Sakura's background story(which you should already figure out from F/Z).

I put arpeggio since the protags are usually in a near-hopeless situation... There's also the designer child's story...

I loved arpeggio mostly due to the tsundere heavy cruiser's influence...

9969004be4.PNG

I saw the last bit of your sig. Can I be your friend?

@ComradeHX

I saw the last bit of your sig. Can I be your friend?

Didn't notice that until he/she pointed it out... Can I be your friend too?

cd7b2b37e5.png

Have some lolis.

Hmm wonder if the club will ever see a wan show mention.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmm wonder if the club will ever see a wan show mention.

Nope, you have to be subtle with these things. Don't say em!

Linus already mentions anime on the Hulu promotions.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Nope, you have to be subtle with these things. Don't say em!

Linus already mentions anime on the Hulu promotions.

It's been a wonderful experience watching the club grow as it has.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Vitalius or anyone else pls help

Miraculously, I was lucky enough that the PSP I bought only came with a faulty cable, so now comes the exciting part.

My physics class is basically Russia simulator 2014. I can't understand shit and I freeze my nipples off if I'm not wearing at least a hoodie and some less-breatheable warmer shoes with thick socks.

I was thinking of finding some decent RPG games to pass time and be able to pay a little bit of focus to rewite down example numbers, formulas etc

suggestions?

Error: 410

@Vitalius or anyone else pls help

Miraculously, I was lucky enough that the PSP I bought only came with a faulty cable, so now comes the exciting part.

My physics class is basically Russia simulator 2014. I can't understand shit and I freeze my nipples off if I'm not wearing at least a hoodie and some less-breatheable warmer shoes with thick socks.

I was thinking of finding some decent RPG games to pass time and be able to pay a little bit of focus to rewite down example numbers, formulas etc

suggestions?

SRW Z

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

-Snipe-

It really depends on the genre of RPG you like. I personally like all popular ones quite a lot though, so I'll give you examples of each of the major ones.

MMORPG (I've played many MMORPGs, but these are easily top of the list for me)

WoW

Rift

C9

Neverwinter

JRPGs

Final Fantasy (Preferably any between 7-10, although most of them up to and including 10 are great).

Persona series (I enjoyed 4 the most, but they're all good imo)

Secret of Mana

Wild Arms series

Action RPGs (Fixed top view camera angle)

Gauntlet series

Diablo series

Path of Exile

Torchlight series

Western style RPGs (Free/3rd person camera)

The Witcher series

Demon's/Dark Souls series

Dragon Age series

Fable series (Although the second game is best imo even though it's only on Xbox 360)

I kept the list only including 4 RPGs per genre that I included, mainly so that the choices wouldn't be overwhelming (hopefully not anyway). :)

SRW Z

LOL is this a RPG/strat based off of CG?

It really depends on the genre of RPG you like. I personally like all popular ones quite a lot though, so I'll give you examples of each of the major ones.

JRPGs

Final Fantasy (Preferably any between 7-10, although most of them up to and including 10 are great).

Persona series (I enjoyed 4 the most, but they're all good imo)

Secret of Mana

Wild Arms series

I kept the list only including 4 RPGs per genre that I included, mainly so that the choices wouldn't be overwhelming (hopefully not anyway). :)

Well, you list got slaughtered since they need to be available on PSP, lol.

I was maaybe going to get 30 second hero. I already have Jeanne d'Arc.

I was really considering FF+Dissidia and Persona, but the fact that they have all those numbers and subtitles attached is really intimidating. 

it's like trying to start Gundam.

Error: 410

"facepalm"

Don´t Worry @helping i got this!

Well as you already know RPG games usually mean lots of text and plot moments, anyway here you go.

My personal list of PsP games:

Final Fantasy 1-2

Brave Story new traveler

Breath of Fire 3

The Legend of Heroes 1-3

Valkyrie Chronicle 2-3 (WARNING your going to need to find a translation patch for 3)

Spectral Souls

Disgaea series

Wild Arms XF

Tales of Eternia

Phantasy Star Protable 1-2

Mana Khemia

Black Rock Shooter the game (need translation patch)

Class of Heroes

"yawn"

There is also the Monster hunter Series but its not exactly "RPG"

and Prinny - Can i really be a hero (hack n slash platformer)

Enjoy.