Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

I think other shaft anime probably fit that a bit better. Which reminds me I think im still on the second season of that.

Yea, I went on a bit on how I thought SZS is more appropriate for that macro.

Error: 410

Nope. Never seen SZS either. Or any SHAFT anime for that matter. I'll be changing that with this though. 

Is a cut frame like in Fight Club where for 1 frame there's an image out of place? Except maybe for slightly longer so it's somewhat readable?

You really should watch Zetsubou Sensei. Another one that I oddly liked was Maria Holic. the second season to me feels much more random than the first but is still great.

That's because it literally is multiple books of different name.

===

Except for nisekoi and arakawa under the bridge, shaft make good stuff.

I remember first time I watched SZS...I learned how to be a better person.

Nisekoi is on my list of things to watch and I like Arakawa. i was treated to a quite early release of it at an anime convention many years ago. I think it was with support of crunchyroll or something. I forget exaclty as my memory is not that great.

You don't remember School Days?

I have not seen it yet but for some reason anytime anyone says that title my brain connects it to His and Her Circumstances for really no apparent reason that I can see.

I'm pretty late here, but I think it's worth watching... then again I like it almost as much as Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z :P

Well DBZ fits right into that same genre. Dragon Ball starts out in a different genre in the beginning but later goes towards it before being replace by DBZ which in a way made that genre what it is today for anime.

i think im caught up now at least in this thread. Now on to the next one!

(oh and if I missed something let me know)

Yea, I went on a bit on how I thought SZS is more appropriate for that macro.

yea I saw that later... Which reminds me SHAFT actually does a bunch of different styles that is just probably their most iconic.

Another one that I oddly liked was Maria Holic. the second season to me feels much more random than the first but is still great.

I didn't think I'd like Maria holic either. The first time I looked at it, I passed on it.

The first season was kinda "eh" but the second is muuch better (IMO)

I think the small arc where kanako gets sent to an alternate time dimension and anything with the priest in it is 10/10

@Askew I can imagine this is what it's like opening a door and realizing you've opened the door to the wrong room.

I didn't think I'd like Maria holic either. The first time I looked at it, I passed on it.

The first season was kinda "eh" but the second is muuch better (IMO)

I think the small arc where kanako gets sent to an alternate time dimension and anything with the priest in it is 10/10

@Askew I can imagine this is what it's like opening a door and realizing you've opened the door to the wrong room.

I remember that episode. I also really got a kick out of the card game since even my relatively basic knowledge was enough to get the references/jokes.

Nisekoi is on my list of things to watch and I like Arakawa. i was treated to a quite early release of it at an anime convention many years ago. I think it was with support of crunchyroll or something. I forget exaclty as my memory is not that great.

I have not seen it yet but for some reason anytime anyone says that title my brain connects it to His and Her Circumstances for really no apparent reason that I can see.

You are going to be disappointed by Nisekoi, at least.

Didn't feel like a good match for SHAFT.

School Days. -> Nice Boat.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

yo guys

look at this pic

Capsuleplayeralbum2010.jpg

now zoom out and walk like at least 5 feet away and then look at it again.

Instructions weren't clear enough. Got my dick caught in a fan.

But seriously, I see them from 1 foot from the screen. Weird. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

-Snipe-

Why is your pic on its side?

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

yo guys

look at this pic

Capsuleplayeralbum2010.jpg

What am I supposed to see?

nevermind you guys can't do anything right

It's that her eyes are behind the block right? You can see them easier from far away than from up close. I could see them anyway.  Unless that's not it.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

It's that her eyes are behind the block right? You can see them easier from far away than from up close. I could see them anyway.  Unless that's not it.

More or less, when you shrink it and look at it from afar the black and white blurs. The majority of the face was already there, but barely visible.Half there, half mind's eye.

When I forced looked at the art I only glanced at it and never noticed anything out of order, I thought it was weird that it was completely censored out, but I didn't really question it.

When I had it really small in Winamp artwork and was across my room I had a face staring at me, shat bricks.

After actually looking at it (I never really did before) I do notice the dark eye dots, but that's almost all of the detail I can see unless I shrink/step back.

This kind of thing works out better if I don't have to point it out because then you won't be looking for it and will probably discover it like I did.

Hey man don't make fun of the Japanese for using a random English word randomly. They think its cool.

It just seems too strange and breaks the flow. I don't like it when reporters insert terms like coup d'état. Just call it an uprising or something.

that's not completely senseless, Dissidia is a word that already uses latin roots (looks like discidium)

Square Enix has a habit of using a lot of Latin interspliced with English or other languages. I wouldn't mind if the title was completely in Latin or if there was a subtitle rather than whatever happened with Final Fantasy Versus XIII - now Final Fantasy XV - which lead some to believe it was a fighting game. Well, there's Dissidia. There's also the whole X-2 and XIII-2 thing they like to do.

Anyway... Under the Dog got funded.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

You are going to be disappointed by Nisekoi, at least.

Didn't feel like a good match for SHAFT.

School Days. -> Nice Boat.

I dont really care if it wasnt a good match or what ever I care if it a decent anime or not. I just saw the art and wanted to check it out.

I dont really care if it wasnt a good match or what ever I care if it a decent anime or not. I just saw the art and wanted to check it out.

I personally thought it was ok at best, but you probably saw my post about that. It's predictable harem story wise. However, the music was great and the animation was good. It's the story that stopped me from continuing it. 

† Christian Member †

I personally thought it was ok at best, but you probably saw my post about that. It's predictable harem story wise. However, the music was great and the animation was good. It's the story that stopped me from continuing it. 

I like animes with a good stories.

Got any recommendations?

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

I like animes with a good stories.

Got any recommendations?

What kind of stories? Romcom? Harem? Dark? Gritty? Comedy based? Action? Etc. 

I know the story can be separate from all that, but how you want it delivered matters I think. It's like flavoring for the story.

† Christian Member †