Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

Could you please use something more "milder" just so we dont end up on the Mod´s "watch list"

It's not explicit... Just questionable...

But yeah... Imma edit that out of my post too...

10/10

4UaJKsr.png?1

I haven't seen it yet, but I have it in my log (it's 2nd in line). Dang you Bakemonogatari. Each new season is called something different, but Plex treats it as one long show with 4 different seasons. That makes matching the episodes a pain considering the specials (the summaries and such).

I hope I get this joke when I watch it. It looks like it's funny.

Could you please use something more "milder" just so we dont end up on the Mod´s "watch list"

I'm pretty sure this thread has been on their "watch list" (if it exists) for a while. :|

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I haven't seen it yet, but I have it in my log (it's 2nd in line). Dang you Bakemonogatari. Each new season is called something different, but Plex treats it as one long show with 4 different seasons. That makes matching the episodes a pain considering the specials (the summaries and such).

You gotta have quick eyes and quick fingers to get all the cut frame goodness...

The show starts with 'plot'.

Should I watch Fairy Tail?

I've marathoned One Piece before (~300 episodes), so I'm not new to the whole aspect of catching up on an anime that's 100's of eps long (I will never watch Conan tho'). I'm apprehensive about starting a long anime series again. Is it worth it? 

I feel like it's worth it, but I'm not sure.

I marathoned up to 157(it is now almost to 200) and I thought it was good although I'm not sure I would recommend someone marathoning it like I did. Also I know @TheProfosist would say not to watch it at all because to him it seems to just be too referential of the writers other work Rave Master although I have never seen it so I can not comment on that.

I marathoned up to 157(it is now almost to 200) and I thought it was good although I'm not sure I would recommend someone marathoning it like I did. Also I know @TheProfosist would say not to watch it at all because to him it seems to just be too referential of the writers other work Rave Master although I have never seen it so I can not comment on that.

I thought Rave Master was ok. I saw most of the series, admittedly the English/US version, and while it was cool, at most I'd rate it as "good" on a 7 point scale from terrible to amazing (terrible - awful - bad - mediocre - good - great - amazing). The Japanese version may be different (less censorship, better translations, and such).

Sounds like something I might like. If you have to suggest a starting number for getting the gist of the show, what would it be? 3 episodes is sort of a golden rule, but I think that only applies to normal anime that is 12-50 episodes long. Longer anime are usually exceptions.

i.e. "Watch this many before giving up on it."

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I thought Rave Master was ok. I saw most of the series, admittedly the English/US version, and while it was cool, at most I'd rate it as "good" on a 7 point scale from terrible to amazing (terrible - awful - bad - mediocre - good - great - amazing). The Japanese version may be different (less censorship, better translations, and such).

Sounds like something I might like. If you have to suggest a starting number for getting the gist of the show, what would it be? 3 episodes is sort of a golden rule, but I think that only applies to normal anime that is 12-50 episodes long. Longer anime are usually exceptions.

i.e. "Watch this many before giving up on it."

TBH (from a manga point of view) I seemed to enjoy Rave Master more than Fairy Tail.

I've only seen about 80 episodes of Fairy Tail, but I'm currently up to date on the manga.

There's something about it that just doesn't get me excited to see the next chapter, unlike other manga/ anime where after the chapter I'm all excited and can't wait for next week.

One of the things that annoys me about it is the 'friendship power', where the more they believe in their nakama the stronger they are against their enemy, etc etc and that sort of thing doesn't makes any logic to me, so it kind of ruins it.

Heaps of people seem to like it though, so you should probably give it a go.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

Nice thread. I will be following this. Thanks

Would you be interested in joining the club? 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I somewhat get it but I'm not sure...

The Monogatari Series is famous for its text on cut frames...

More or less, you could literally make a PowerPoint presentation with all of the cut frames from -monogatari

I'm pretty sure this thread has been on their "watch list" (if it exists) for a while. :|

It has more to do with SHAFT than it does with the series'

If you've already watched Sayonarao Zetsubo Sensei then imagine that in it's place and you'll get the joke, it's more or less the same (arguably SZS fits that image macro better, IMO)  so you would be familiar with the slide shows and walls of text flashing everywhere.

there's a lot of humor, but the plot and events in it are pretty interesting.

You gotta have quick eyes and quick fingers to get all the cut frame goodness...

The show starts with 'plot'.

Definitely need to be a fast reader, though all the cuts were never really intended to be completely read, because it's not even possible for people to do that while it's airing.

but seriously, some of the cut frames you need some good reflexes to catch, lol.

Error: 410

It has more to do with SHAFT than it does with the series'

If you've already watched Sayonarao Zetsubo Sensei then imagine that in it's place and you'll get the joke, it's more or less the same (arguably SZS fits that image macro better, IMO)  so you would be familiar with the slide shows and walls of text flashing everywhere.

there's a lot of humor, but the plot and events in it are pretty interesting.

Nope. Never seen SZS either. Or any SHAFT anime for that matter. I'll be changing that with this though. 

Is a cut frame like in Fight Club where for 1 frame there's an image out of place? Except maybe for slightly longer so it's somewhat readable?

† Christian Member †

Nope. Never seen SZS either. Or any SHAFT anime for that matter. I'll be changing that with this though. 

Is a cut frame like in Fight Club where for 1 frame there's an image out of place? Except maybe for slightly longer so it's somewhat readable?

it's a SHAFT thing in some of their works.

It will vary from a sentence or two for 2 seconds which is enough if you can read very quickly, to a paragraph flashing for a second. SZS is more OTT to a point where you're actually reading most of the time and it will take far more than 20 minutes per episode if you read everything.

But don't take my word for it, you'll understand

soon

I do like reading their frames and backgrounds though

zS4GGJe.png

You can expect a few cut frames with a little bit of text that you can usually understand if it's flashed infront of you. Some of the longer sentences or two you usually get a a second or two, and then there are paragraphs that may occur for like 3~5 seconds, but those are seldom if any in the -monogatari lineup

you need to be on top of your reading game for some of SHAFT series'

More or less, you could literally make a PowerPoint presentation with all of the cut frames from -monogatari

I'm gonna try that when I find the time...

A cut frame can last for 1/24 of a second at its shortest... and each one can contain very elaborate walls of text and several concepts that require TL notes...

Speaking of SHAFT: Nisekoi...

That's because it literally is multiple books of different name.

===

Except for nisekoi and arakawa under the bridge, shaft make good stuff.

I remember first time I watched SZS...I learned how to be a better person.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Except for nisekoi and arakawa under the bridge, shaft make good stuff.

Then I have seen SHAFT stuff. I liked both of those animes. I particularly liked Arakawa's art style. It was a trippy perspective where the scenery was inverted. i.e. close things are silhouetted, far off things are very detailed. 

I liked Nisekoi because it's music reminded me of Kingdom Hearts, otherwise it was ok at best.

† Christian Member †

I've only ever watched the first episode of Sayonarao Zetsubo Sensei (this was when it was airing) and i didn't get round to watching more not sure what took my attention that season.

I've only ever watched the first episode of Sayonarao Zetsubo Sensei (this was when it was airing) and i didn't get round to watching more not sure what took my attention that season.

You don't remember School Days?

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Should I watch Fairy Tail?

I'm pretty late here, but I think it's worth watching... then again I like it almost as much as Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z :P

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

You don't remember School Days?

Yeah i looked up what was out then and i can't for the life of me remember what i was watching back then maybe it was when i was on my classics run.

Then I have seen SHAFT stuff. I liked both of those animes. I particularly liked Arakawa's art style. It was a trippy perspective where the scenery was inverted. i.e. close things are silhouetted, far off things are very detailed. 

I liked Nisekoi because it's music reminded me of Kingdom Hearts, otherwise it was ok at best.

tell me you at least watched Sasami @ ganbaranai

It has that lazy SHAFT work that looks so nice.

Sounds awesome, but I didn't think it particularly peaked my interest at the time. I don't pay attention to who makes something unless I watch it a loooot. I've seen Geneon, Aniplex, and Funimation enough to remember them. I probably miss SHAFT's opening branding stuff, otherwise I'd watch more from them.

After -monogatari then.

† Christian Member †

First thing that ran through my mind when I read the title of the anime was this:

Sounds awesome, but I didn't think it particularly peaked my interest at the time. I don't pay attention to who makes something unless I watch it a loooot. I've seen Geneon, Aniplex, and Funimation enough to remember them. I probably miss SHAFT's opening branding stuff, otherwise I'd watch more from them.

After -monogatari then.

hm, usually SHAFT stuff stands out to me the most.

also piqued 6a0zLyy.png?1

First thing that ran through my mind when I read the title of the anime was this:

why does this speech sound so awkward