D-Brand is Evil

RockRockRockRock

What if D-Brand is legitimately led by bad people and the PR is not satire instead, being reverse psychology?
Like we'd all be duped, I'm not joking about this.

Why Dbrand specifically? What if LTT is secretly evil? AMD led by bad people? They found a viable business model, which is all that matters for the company.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

News flash: Most companies are "evil" depending on how you define it. If you define shameless cash-grabbing and not caring about your customers feelings most are. None of them are your friends and their sole purpose is to make money. D-Brand just takes advantage of being edgy to get more attention and thus make more money. I'm not saying that's good or bad, but they certainly found their way to stay relevant.

There are very few brands/companies i know that actually care about their customers in the long run. (at least in the electronics market)

The only ones that come to mind right now are Beyerdynamic and Noctua for me. Partly because their products (consistent quality, attention to detail, few - if any - bad products, etc) and partly because of my own experiences with their support staff and how helpful they were even if there wasn't any money involved in the process.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

14 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

News flash: Most companies are "evil" depending on how you define it. If you define shameless cash-grabbing and not caring about your customers feelings most are. None of them are your friends and their sole purpose is to make money. D-Brand just takes advantage of being edgy to get more attention and thus make more money. I'm not saying that's good or bad, but they certainly found their way to stay relevant.

There are very few brands/companies i know that actually care about their customers in the long run. (at least in the electronics market)

The only ones that come to mind right now are Beyerdynamic and Noctua for me. Partly because their products (consistent quality, attention to detail, few - if any - bad products, etc) and partly because of my own experiences with their support staff and how helpful they were even if there wasn't any money involved in the process.

I understand that, but let your imagination soar and think what if....... D-brand wasn't joking

I know I know, no need to tell me about how you should never be emotional invested in corporations out to get your money

2 hours ago, RockRockRockRock said:

I understand that, but let your imagination soar and think what if....... D-brand wasn't joking

I know I know, no need to tell me about how you should never be emotional invested in corporations out to get your money

I think you're thinking about this too much.

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy

You know you should probably add a question mark in the title, if this is meant to be a hypothetical

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

4 hours ago, RockRockRockRock said:

I still don't really understand what your point is. What if D-brand is evil? Why should i care? They're a friggin sticker selling company, recently getting into selling pieces of plastic. I don't think they will be getting anywhere close to world domination or starting the next world war...

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

5 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

I still don't really understand what your point is. What if D-brand is evil? Why should i care? They're a friggin sticker selling company, recently getting into selling pieces of plastic. I don't think they will be getting anywhere close to world domination or starting the next world war...

Ah the sticker wars, D-Brand vs Etsy

On 12/28/2021 at 6:30 AM, RockRockRockRock said:

What if D-Brand is legitimately led by bad people and the PR is not satire instead, being reverse psychology?

Your post fits the definition of a conspiracy theory.

It's indeed a theory,and indeed a theory about a conspiracy.

Based on what did you get to that what if question?

Without evidence your post is just another unhelpful conspiracy theory....

Unless the question takes a philosophical turn.

It can go philosophical real fast,for example:

What is evil?

How do you know if someone is evil?

What if all of us are evil?

How can you know that you are not evil?

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

I think DBrand is evil because they can't figure out how to get gift cards on their website. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

On 12/27/2021 at 8:30 PM, RockRockRockRock said:

Then I'd like them more. I say stuff way worse than that to people all the time at work. I get away with it because they're miners and my bosses find it funny. It's the stuff they wish they could say, but being in a supervisor role they can't. 

If only more customer service could be more like that. Be nice to the nice people. Rude to the rude. Sugar makes more honey than shit. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

On 12/28/2021 at 9:42 PM, Donut417 said:

D brand are angles

Acute one

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

D-brand are actually remarkably clever. Their marketing has people paying in the region of $15 for a small vinyl sticker.

Spoiler alert: putting a sticker on your phone won't protect it if you drop it.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

Just for making us question D brand I declare ROCKROCKROCKROCK is evil.

And sinsister.................

On 1/1/2022 at 12:44 PM, ebprince the computer nerd said:

What happened with LTT and d-Brand? Linus has been making fun of d-Brand, so I knew something was wrong.

he's been doing that for years, ever since the staff made some of those Linus Skins that he didn't know about at the time.

If D-Brand actually cared, they'd have stopped sponsoring /years/ ago