What Do You Drive?

Snapy1

Then why don't you do an engine swap sometime soon? Like a B16 at least, or even an RB26DET if you can handle all the conversions

:rolleyes:

Then why don't you do an engine swap sometime soon? Like a B16 at least, or even an RB26DET if you can handle all the conversions

I think a K24 is the most practical thing to plug in if he's thinking of swapping an ES for more power. 

He can save the swap money though for a nicer car once the Civic is due to be replaced. Unless he plans to keep the car for a long time, it's hard to justify such an expense on a 14 year old car (just my opinion).

I've got myself a 2011 Kia Soul. 

59972.jpg

And a naked 2008 Kawasaki 650R.

post-25087-0-90472300-1397598549.jpg

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 MB: MSI Z77A-GD55  CPU: i5 3330 OCd to 3.4Ghz CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu 2x8GB @ 1600MHz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming PSU: Seasonic M12II 650W HDD: Two Seagate Barracuda 2TB @ 7200 RPM SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

What sort of car are you looking for? Below are questions to consider:

1. Are you looking for something that will tolerate bad weather?

2. How many do you need to seat? Adults? Kids?

3. Do you drive mostly in the city or cross-country?

4. What are the road conditions in your area?

5. Would it be a daily driver? Would you have an alternate car?

6. Do you gravitate towards comfort or performance? Are safety and/or economy top priorities?

7. How long do you intend to own the car?

8. How many miles do you drive in a day and in a year? 

9. Do you care about residuals?

10. Do you tow a trailer?

1. Yes

2. 2 adults, 2 kids.

3. city, but it shouldn't break cross country

4. fine, paved

5. Yeah daily car, no alternate

6.Performance > Comfort > Safety > Economy (100,000 I hope will be enough for a good car)

7.5-7 years

8.tough one, not sure,

9. i want it brand new

10. no i do not.

1. Yes

2. 2 adults, 2 kids.

4. fine, paved

6.Performance > Comfort > Safety > Economy (100,000 I hope will be enough for a good car)

7.5-7 years

8.tough one, not sure,

9. i want it brand new

10. no i do not.

Mazda 6...

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

TheMagicSchoolBus.jpg

0-60 in 1.2 Puffs

I was saving for a new car but now I'm planning on moving to Seoul I'm not arsed with buying one.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

I drive, well ride a 2011 Wethepeople BMX, that has been stolen twice !! yep you heard it , got it back both times.

I have a Mirraco 2013 Black Label Edition, this kid Tyler stole it once. Went to the kids house with a baseball bat, he just slammed the front door on me so me and my friend johnny came back with his truck and he tied the door of the shed to the back of his truck and it literally ripped the doors off the shed right off the hinges.It was quite amusing. I got my bike back... He tried to press charges but his parents didn't, they thought it was pretty stupid that stolen my bike, so his parents just made him rebuild the shed the following summer. 

My first car. Will be my daily drive when I'm done with my study:

IMG_20130604_134913_882_zps1e1234f9.jpg

And here is my second/weekend car:

IMG-20131124-WA0000_zps72f76d7d.jpg

Main PC:
CPU: 3700x Motherboard: X570  RAM: 2x16GB 3600Mhz GPU: RTX 3080 Case: Corsair 4000D Air Storage: 1TB NVMe 2x250GB SSD RAID 0 2TB HDD PSU: 1000W Gold Display: Acer X34A Peripherals: Corsair K95 RGB Red, Razer Viper Ultimate

Laptop:
Lenovo Thinkbook 13s  CPU: i5-8265U RAM: 8GB  Storage: 256GB SSD Display: Dell P2414H Peripherals: CMStorm Quickfire TK Brown, Razer Atheris 

Audio:
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250 Ohm, FiiO E11, Stoner Acoustics UD100, Shure SE-215, Logitech Z906, Mission 731, Altec Lansing ADA-885, xDuoo UA-05, AKG K7XX,FiiO X3, FiiO K3

Edit: forgot to add this. I just might. It seriously needs more power. I had difficulty climbing one of the rather large hills near my house the other day while my car was absolutely screaming. It never sounds good.

Is it one of those D engines? Those are absolutely horrendous.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Edit: forgot to add this. I just might. It seriously needs more power. I had difficulty climbing one of the rather large hills near my house the other day while my car was absolutely screaming. It never sounds good.

Check out the cost of an engine swap in your area. If it's your only ride, chances are you'd be better off trading it for a more powerful car imo.

1. Yes

2. 2 adults, 2 kids.

4. fine, paved

7.5-7 years

8.tough one, not sure,

9. i want it brand new

10. no i do not.

Check out the Mercedes CLS63 AMG or the E63 S AMG sedans. These are very fast saloons with quality and character (the E63 S also comes in Estate form, if desired).

2014_Mercedes-Benz_CLS63_AMG_4MATIC_Coup

You get performance comparable to Corvettes, 911s and some Ferraris while having space for your family.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY5oSik1eHs

Alternatives: BMW M5, Jaguar XFR-S, Audi S6, Maserati Ghibli, Porsche Panamera, Cadillac CTS-V

Whatever you choose, you probably won't go wrong. Most cars in that ballpark are mighty good. I wish I had your problem... (having $100k to spend).

Is it one of those D engines? Those are absolutely horrendous.

It might be but I know absolutely nothing about cars. I don't honestly know. It's something for me to look at the next chance that I get.

Something, something, something, famous quote, computer specs, and stuff...

Check out the cost of an engine swap in your area. If it's your only ride, chances are you'd be better off trading it for a more powerful car imo.

I probably should. Considering I live in a mountainous region right now it might be the best choice. It is a pretty reliable car though, and I have heard nothing but good things from people who love in the area and have had the same car or slightly older models, so I may just leave it as is.

It might be but I know absolutely nothing about cars. I don't honestly know. It's something for me to look at the next chance that I get.

Well, do you see a dual cam wide valve cover? If the valve cover is about a cam gear wide, it's a D series engine.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Well, do you see a dual cam wide valve cover? If the valve cover is about a cam gear wide, it's a D series engine.

I think it does. Next time I get the chance I'll check to be sure. Thanks for the advice by the way.

I think it does. Next time I get the chance I'll check to be sure. Thanks for the advice by the way.

For a US model 2000 Civic, it's likely a D16 engine unless it's an Si Coupe.

Even if it's an Si (B16 engine), it'd strain quite a bit in some hilly sections as you need to downshift to give it enough mechanical advantage to pull itself up. This is most obvious when you have passengers and/or stuff to carry.

If you don't want the buzzy sound when going uphill, you may want to consider a bigger car (or a car that puts out more torque at lower rpms at least). In the same segment, the Mazda 3 2.5 and the Kia Forte Turbo are examples of such a car.

For a US model 2000 Civic, it's likely a D16 engine unless it's an Si Coupe.

Even if it's an Si (B16 engine), it'd strain quite a bit in some hilly sections as you need to downshift to give it enough mechanical advantage to pull itself up. This is most obvious when you have passengers and/or stuff to carry.

If you don't want the buzzy sound when going uphill, you may want to consider a bigger car (or a car that puts out more torque at lower rpms at least). In the same segment, the Mazda 3 2.5 and the Kia Forte Turbo are examples of such a car.

Or Mazdaspeed 3. Got turbo? I think the USDM 2000 Civic (insert trim here) probably has a single cam, for sure. Usually a Si here in the US would only have the B engine. I thought it also had a B18 as an option, no?

Or Mazdaspeed 3. Got turbo? I think the USDM 2000 Civic (insert trim here) probably has a single cam, for sure. Usually a Si here in the US would only have the B engine. I thought it also had a B18 as an option, no?

The 2000 Si only had a B16A2 (DOHC VTEC 1.6). Torque is not much higher than the D16Y8 (SOHC VTEC 1.6) and the D16Y7 (SOHC non-VTEC 1.6) variants, hence they buzz the same when going uphill. There are bolt-on superchargers for any of these motors that can help, if he's willing to take this route. This can get him significantly more torque across the powerband in exchange for long-term reliability.

The Mazdaspeed 3 is a very good car; I just don't know if he wants a performance car(he would have to live with the compromises of a stiff ride and significantly worse fuel economy). It seems to me that he just wants a capable car that would work well in his area.

The 2000 Si only had a B16A2 (DOHC VTEC 1.6). Torque is not much higher than the D16Y8 (SOHC VTEC 1.6) and the D16Y7 (SOHC non-VTEC 1.6) variants, hence they buzz the same when going uphill. There are bolt-on superchargers for any of these motors that can help, if he's willing to take this route. This can get him significantly more torque across the powerband in exchange for long-term reliability.

The Mazdaspeed 3 is a very good car; I just don't know if he wants a performance car(he would have to live with the compromises of a stiff ride and significantly worse fuel economy). It seems to me that he just wants a capable car that would work well in his area.

Well, the MS3 isn't so bad. I've been in one. The ride isn't really stiff. Also, I think it is only worse by only 3 or 4 mpg due to the turbo, but the revised air intake allows it to suck more air in.

Well, the MS3 isn't so bad. I've been in one. The ride isn't really stiff. Also, I think it is only worse by only 3 or 4 mpg due to the turbo, but the revised air intake allows it to suck more air in.

It's actually enough to bring down the mileage below most midsize V6 cars (rated 21MPG combined). The current non-"speed" 3 2.5 is highly fuel efficient because of Skyactiv-G, and is rated at 32MPG combined (comparable to his current Civic). 

It's actually enough to bring down the mileage below most midsize V6 cars (rated 21MPG combined). The current non-"speed" 3 2.5 is highly fuel efficient because of Skyactiv-G, and is rated at 32MPG combined (comparable to his current Civic). 

Oh come on, you compare an I4 engine to a V6? Not right. Well, of course, they haven't turboed the Skyactiv engine, yet. Even still, the future MS3 with Skyactiv can still be very efficient with a turbo.

an '06 suzuki alto gl 1.1

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Oh come on, you compare an I4 engine to a V6? Not right. Well, of course, they haven't turboed the Skyactiv engine, yet. Even still, the future MS3 with Skyactiv can still be very efficient with a turbo.

Why not compare them? They make about the same output. There are affordable V6 options from 25-26k USD (Dodge Avenger R/T, Chrysler 200 Limited and Nissan Altima 3.5S) that happen to be both quite powerful and comfortable. They don't handle as well as the Mazdaspeed 3, but he might actually enjoy the space and comfort of a bigger car.

The Skyactiv-D is very economical, in case it makes its way to the US. I don't see the Skyactiv-G being factory-turbocharged soon without major revisions.

Why not compare them? They make about the same output. There are affordable V6 options from 25-26k USD (Dodge Avenger R/T, Chrysler 200 Limited and Nissan Altima 3.5S) that happen to be both quite powerful and comfortable. They don't handle as well as the Mazdaspeed 3, but he might actually enjoy the space and comfort of a bigger car.

The Skyactiv-D is very economical, in case it makes its way to the US. I don't see the Skyactiv-G being factory-turbocharged soon without major revisions.

You know I was talking about the first gen MS3, right?

Took forever for the nice weather to get here, but I enjoyed it thoroughly. (Yes, that's an Audi RS7 in the background)

778809_10152322331256815_194106011937756

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB