What Do You Drive?

Snapy1

Automatic transmission.....

:unsure:

Didn't have a choice, what was giving to me.

(it was driven very lightly before)

work it ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ harder, make it (ง •̀_•́)ง better, do it ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ faster, raise ur ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ donger

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ HARDER, BETTER, FASTER, DONGER! ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

FLI  2400 chav watts or 800w RMS (400w rms per sub). i have an fli amp that came with it and a pioneer head unit which has a long string of numbers and letters after it which i cant remember. i'm currently in the process of modding some proper sony xplod, 6.5", 30w rms speakers into the doors because i currently have some small, paper things made by kenwood under the dash. the subs are loud enough to shake the whole car when it all closed up, however these subs are fairly cheap so they dont have much travel which makes them struggle at really low frequencies (20-30hz). they also aren't loud enough when the boot is open so i might get some nicer 12" or twin 15" after i've done these front speakers.

Nice bro

I got a cheap Boss Ar2400.4 (2400W) amp and an Boss 8Frad Cap. I got a pair of some old Audiobahn 10" AW1051T (Old mans subs) Which kick really hard (Bridged). I have them on the floor behind my passenger and driver seats, i have 17" for 12awg for the subs so i can move them around the car. Bought both subs dusty and boxed for 50$ off a friends brother.

The head unit is a JVC KW-R500 DOUBLE DIN, I got 4 mids, 2 are JBL GTO938 for my rear setup and 2 GTO438 for my doors

I hope to upgrade in the Future to a really nice Rockford Fosgae Build Mono with a one nice 12' or 15' Sub and use that AR2400 for my mids, only problem i have now is the cooling on the AR2400 is not that good and will overheat in a shorter time if its on the mids it wont be a problem, but anyway when its running it can shake the whole car!

work it ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ harder, make it (ง •̀_•́)ง better, do it ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ faster, raise ur ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ donger

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ HARDER, BETTER, FASTER, DONGER! ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

Nice bro I got a cheap Boss Ar2400.4 (2400W) amp and an Boss 8Frad Cap. I got a pair of some old Audiobahn 10" AW1051T (Old mans subs) Which kick really hard (Bridged). I have them on the floor behind my passenger and driver seats, i have 17" for 12awg for the subs so i can move them around the car. Bought both subs dusty and boxed for 50$ off a friends brother. The head unit is a JVC KW-R500 DOUBLE DIN, I got 4 mids, 2 are JBL GTO938 for my rear setup and 2 GTO438 for my doors I hope to upgrade in the Future to a really nice Rockford Fosgae Build Mono with a one nice 12' or 15' Sub and use that AR2400 for my mids, only problem i have now is the cooling on the AR2400 is not that good and will overheat in a shorter time if its on the mids it wont be a problem, but anyway when its running it can shake the whole car!

Good plan. It's so much easier to make a small car play loud, especially since it's a single cabin vehicle. A good 15 with a proper box can deliver serious volume as long as you power it right. There are a lot of awesome deals out there.

Watch out for battery drain, especially since you have a smaller alternator. Class D amps all around (full-range class D for your speakers, and limited band mono class D for the sub) may be a good investment for you.

I used to be really into SQ and SQ+ by the way. I still have a full system in one car.

I drive 2011 VW GTi... It's my DD. Frankenturbo F23T /w custom Eurodyne dyno tune.

I'm to lazy to write up all my mods though.

a9e7y3as.jpga2umeja5.jpgy4abe4e6.jpg

AMD Ryzen 1700x

ASRock x370 Taichi

Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB GDDR4 3200

EVGA GTX 1080 Ti K|NGP|N

Fractal Meshify C

Samsung Evo 960 Nvme M.2 500gb & WD Blue 1TB

Corsair TX850M Gold

Alienware AW2518H 240Hz Gsync

Audioengine A2+ & Sennheiser HD6xx /w Fiio K5 Pro

Deepcool Captain 240Pro V2

Vortex Race 3 Cherry Mx Red

Corsair Vengeance M65 PRO RGB

Engine? I want to see your sexyass engine.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Im not driving yet, but when I do I will just get my dads old car. A 2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 in BURGUNDY. 

Identical to this, just with a sunroof. 

photo.jpg

I budget build well. Want to learn? PM me if you want advice. 

Engine? I want to see your sexyass engine.

Me? If so you can't really see the turbo, it's mounted between the firewall and engine underneath the car. But here are some more pics anyway.

Dyno'd: 346WHP and 357WTQ not bad for a FWD lol.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

AMD Ryzen 1700x

ASRock x370 Taichi

EVGA GTX 1080 Ti K|NGP|N

Fractal Meshify C

Corsair TX850M Gold

A 2007 Mercedes E350 Sport.

I bought it used at a good price.  It is paid for and has low miles.  I like the interior alot.  My favorite things that I like about it are the bluetooth phone pairing, keyless go (push button start), panoramic glass roof, heated seats and unusual leather color interior (cognac brown, but looks more pumpkin color to me).

post-3852-0-66949700-1398441533_thumb.jp

post-3852-0-42880700-1398441775_thumb.jp

post-3852-0-02162800-1398441955_thumb.jp

post-3852-0-45440400-1398442053_thumb.jp

i know that linus drives a lambo................  :ph34r:

and my car

-pics of sweet ride-

it has more power in the back than it does in the front  :lol:  B)

The best part is that those woofers are bigger than your rims :P .

attachicon.gif image.jpg 2000 Dodge Caravan  ^_^

Dat rust though :/ .

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

I drive 2011 VW GTi... It's my DD. Frankenturbo F23T /w custom Eurodyne dyno tune. I'm to lazy to write up all my mods though. 

nice!  If I were to buy a car today, it would be a VW GTI.  Sporty and practical with nice looks.  I probably wouldn't do anything with the engine though, just to keep it reliable.  They are plenty fast I think.  Yours must be super fast with new turbo.

I drive 2011 VW GTi... It's my DD. Frankenturbo F23T /w custom Eurodyne dyno tune. I'm to lazy to write up all my mods though.

Thank you for not ruining another GTI! Looks great.

nice!  If I were to buy a car today, it would be a VW GTI.  Sporty and practical with nice looks.  I probably wouldn't do anything with the engine though, just to keep it reliable.  They are plenty fast I think.  Yours must be super fast with new turbo.
 Thanks! yeah they're very fun and very practical cars! I fit an entire 40gallon aquarium with full stand in the hatch with no issues along with two 5 gallon jugs. 
Thank you for not ruining another GTI! Looks great.
 Haha thank you. I wanted a very clean look, non of that plasti dip black emblems, tinted tail lights crap.Not to mention, I hate those darn sticker infested cars. Makes the whole car look cheap.

AMD Ryzen 1700x

ASRock x370 Taichi

EVGA GTX 1080 Ti K|NGP|N

Fractal Meshify C

Corsair TX850M Gold

I am seeing some awesome rides in here everybody, but can you handle setting your envious gazers on this gem?

IMG_0132_zps804ac7cb.jpg

This sweet ride is known to some as a 1989 Chevy Cavalier, but to me it is known as "rusty". The brilliant engineers were so confident in its longevity that they decided a five digit odometer would suffice (it has rolled over twice)! The ignition is turned on with  a marine 300A (cont.) switch hanging out of the front bumper (super ghetto mod to get around the key being stuck in the "on" position). Yes is may only have 3 forward gears, windows that must not be rolled down, different sized tires on the front/back, but it does get me to work everyday. Here is rusty along side my '96 Honda Odyssey (the "senior van" as it is called):

IMG_0157_zps46b45fa6.jpg

Finally the "weekend warriors", a '92 AWD turbo Plymouth Laser and a '90 FWD turbo eclipse:

IMG_0129_zps93e1e166.jpg

These are DSMs #3 and #4, the first two were a '90 AWD turbo Eagle Talon and a '92 AWD turbo Talon. I sadly needed to sell them when values were much lower than they are today, (kinda like selling a 7950 right before the minig boom). The eclipse is running a turbo from an EVOIII and some basic intake/fuel upgrades while the Laser has a full front mounted intercooler and a straight exhaust with no muffler/resonator/catalytic converter (you could drop a golfball in the downpipe and it would roll out the back)! I know the four cars seem dumb to most of you, but my insurance costs are very small adding a vehicle to the existing policy.

Oh, and I happen to have a commercial driver's license for the big rigs I sometimes drive for work. What a pain in the ass is is trying to drive around weiging 40metric tonnes at 25m long with a full trailer! This beast by itself is just under 10 meters long and 4 meters tall (about 31ft long and 12-13ft tall on the exhasut stacks), here is the Kenworth next to Rusty:

IMG_0130licenseblock_zps337a3a9d.jpg

I hope it is okay to put these big pictures in the post, I couldn't find the preferred image posting guidlines (even though I had seen them somewhere before). I know this is just my 2nd post, but I cruise the forums on the regular and watch ALL of LMG's vids (even the PAX and CES vids :D) so I hope you all don't mind me chiming in here!

Thanks! yeah they're very fun and very practical cars! I fit an entire 40gallon aquarium with full stand in the hatch with no issues along with two 5 gallon jugs.  

Haha thank you. I wanted a very clean look, non of that plasti dip black emblems, tinted tail lights crap. Not to mention, I hate those darn sticker infested cars. Makes the whole car look cheap.

What, you mean stickerbomb? It only looks cool on JDM cars.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

--Snip--

Damn.. I'd love to drive a kenworth some day.. All we have around here are the same damn boring scanias and volvos.

As for rusty. 

Gotta love a reliable beater^^ 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

my feet with no steering weal

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

Techswede, some of the nicest trucks and heavy equipment here in the US are VOLVO. That Kenworth truck in particular is only worth about 8000USD in the local used market. Those new Volvos are, I am guessing, close to a quarter million dollars new.

Also, Rusty may have gone a long way, but not without major failures and repairs needed. Brakes, starter, alternator, heater core (major PITA), battery, ignition coils, plugs, plug wires, fuel filter...the list litterally goes on and on for what I have done to keep that thing going. It is some sick voice in my head that tells me to keep it running. It was free, I "intercepted" it on the way to the junkyard. It gets okay fuel mileage for what it is and always passes the emmission tests with quite a bit of room to spare. 35mpg/(.62m/km)=56.5km/gal    56.5km/gal/(3.78L/gallon)=14.9km/liter or about 7liters/100km

Anyway, props on that GTI Steemax, super clean. I too cannot stand stickers/banners/wings/stupid loud BOV's for no reason. I am more of a sleeper kind of guy, but hawt damn, that thing is sexy!

Techswede, some of the nicest trucks and heavy equipment here in the US are VOLVO. That Kenworth truck in particular is only worth about 8000USD in the local used market. Those new Volvos are, I am guessing, close to a quarter million dollars new.

Also, Rusty may have gone a long way, but not without major failures and repairs needed. Brakes, starter, alternator, heater core (major PITA), battery, ignition coils, plugs, plug wires, fuel filter...the list litterally goes on and on for what I have done to keep that thing going. It is some sick voice in my head that tells me to keep it running. It was free, I "intercepted" it on the way to the junkyard. It gets okay fuel mileage for what it is and always passes the emmission tests with quite a bit of room to spare. 35mpg/(.62m/km)=56.5km/gal    56.5km/gal/(3.78L/gallon)=14.9km/liter or about 7liters/100km

Anyway, props on that GTI Steemax, super clean. I too cannot stand stickers/banners/wings/stupid loud BOV's for no reason. I am more of a sleeper kind of guy, but hawt damn, that thing is sexy!

Yes but the kenworth has the classic 'merican looks. I won't bash scania and volvo in terms of pure functionality.. But they just look so damn boring :/

I know the feeling with rusty too. My merc wasn't in the best shape when i bought it. But every time i think about trading it for something else.. This song pops up on the radio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvCBSSwgtg4

And then i just can't do it.. That f***ing chorus..

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Yes but the kenworth has the classic 'merican looks. I won't bash scania and volvo in terms of pure functionality.. But they just look so damn boring :/

I know the feeling with rusty too. My merc wasn't in the best shape when i bought it. But every time i think about trading it for something else.. This song pops up on the radio.

Hey that band is from Colorado where I live! Wow, just a little while back they were unheard of, that is pretty cool.

Hey that band is from Colorado where I live! Wow, just a little while back they were unheard of, that is pretty cool.

And now  they're broadcasted on swedish radio at least 6000 times a day xD

Me? If so you can't really see the turbo, it's mounted between the firewall and engine underneath the car. But here are some more pics anyway.

Dyno'd: 346WHP and 357WTQ not bad for a FWD lol.

a9y9abes.jpg

3ujavagy.jpg

uru2eda8.jpg

Nice boost and flat braces. I'm still using bulky tubular braces.

Nice boost and flat braces. I'm still using bulky tubular braces.

Haha thanks, yeah they made a huge difference to the way the car feels overall. Love them.

AMD Ryzen 1700x

ASRock x370 Taichi

EVGA GTX 1080 Ti K|NGP|N

Fractal Meshify C

Corsair TX850M Gold

2001 subaru outback VDC flat 6:)

kdldsl.jpg

its aging well and desperately needs to be retired

Mainboard Asrock Z170 OCF CPU 6700k RAM Tridentz 3600 HDD Intel 730 240gb GPU GTX 780ti sc acx PSU Silverstone Strider 1200W  Case Antec 900 Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad T520 build log-   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35809-antec-900-the-re-birth-of-a-legend/ Check out the Tech Center https://www.youtube.com/user/prokon24/videos LTT's Unicore King