What Do You Drive?

Snapy1

You can talk about those fancy cars all day but you can't beat my Renault Clio

Pic1

Pic2

I know this is like 100 posts in, but holy shit how many of these threads are we going to make? I can probably link to 10 of them within a few minutes.

Spoiler

Gaming PC

• SSUPD Meshlicious White Full Mesh
  • Corsair SF650 Platinum
  • ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax (Won a giveaway from OptimumTech)
  • Ryzen 5 5600X w/ Scythe Big Shuriken 3
  • 2x8gb G.Skill Flare X @3200 CL14
  • PowerColor Gigabyte RX 6750 XT
  • Storage:
    • Samsung 970 Evo NVME
    • Samsung 860 Evo 2.5"
    • MyDigitalSSD BP4 250gb (mSATA inside 2.5" enclosure)
  • W11Pro
  • AOC C24G1 + Dell S2415H
  • Cheap CyerPower keyboard (Wooting 60HE coming later this year)
  • Glorious Model O Matte White
  • LTT Northern Lights DeskPad 1000mm x 500mm
  • FX Audio Dac-X6 + Monoprice Modern Retro + Fifine Studio Condenser Mic

Media Server

• Rosewill RSV-L4412U 12-bay hotswap
  • Unraid 6.9.2
  • Asrock B450 Steel Legend
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • 2x8gb DDR4
  • LSI 9207-8I
  • 9x 2tb IronWolf • 2x 2tb WD Red • 1x 14tb WD Shucked White Label
  • MSI GTX 1050 Ti

On 4/13/2014 at 4:15 PM, RatedBlam said:

That first dodge runs on diesel, it's not a proper amerikan muskel.

Proper ýankees don't even know what diesel is.

Edit: Also, even though american cars are far from my favourites they still beat the Japanese supras and the other ones posted on this thread hands down.

And i'll get my license this year hopefully, so i get to drive a car instead of a motorcycle finally :)And the choice of car will most likely be european.

I can respect that. Euro is a thousand times better

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

I am I the only one?

Asics-Cush-1501.jpg

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.

I only like Japanese cars and some euro but dislike all american cars.

Anyway I drive a 2002 Mazda Protege 5 in red.

Mazda_Protege5.jpg

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x  GPU: ASUS Strix rtx 2080 Super RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8gb x4 PSU: Corsair HX850i Motherboard: ASUS Strix x570-E Storage: Samsung 840 pro, Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme, segate 2tb Case: NZXT H510I Cooling: Corsair h100i

a_Corsa58_OSF.jpg

Perhaps the most common car in the UK.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 | RAM: 8GB Kingston Beast 1866MHz

Case: Define R4 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 780ti | PSU: Corsair CX600M | SSD: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO

.... and a Partridge in a pear tree! 

I can respect that. Euro is a thousand times better than ricer

Do you even know what "rice" is? It has nothing to do with the car, it's a "style". That aside why do you feel the need to hate on Japanese cars? You clearly have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, yet you talk about it all like you're spewing facts. Japan has offerings just as great as America and that's saying a lot. I have no problem at all with American cars, in fact I like them quite a bit. Especially the LS engines are absolutely phenomenal (for a pushrod design). Claiming however that Japanese cars are in any shape or form inferior is just plain wrong, there's been plenty of great platforms and engines to come from Japan (RB26DETT, 2JZ-GTE, VR38DETT, 20B, R26B (if you can get your hands on one) and so on). You have to stop being so ignorant and realize that there is more to life than displacement.

Do you even know what "rice" is? It has nothing to do with the car, it's a "style". That aside why do you feel the need to hate on Japanese cars? You clearly have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, yet you talk about it all like you're spewing facts. Japan has offerings just as great as America and that's saying a lot. I have no problem at all with American cars, in fact I like them quite a bit. Especially the LS engines are absolutely phenomenal (for a pushrod design). Claiming however that Japanese cars are in any shape or form inferior is just plain wrong, there's been plenty of great platforms and engines to come from Japan (RB26DETT, 2JZ-GTE, VR38DETT, 20B, R26B (if you can get your hands on one) and so on). You have to stop being so ignorant and realize that there is more to life than displacement.

There is nothing more important than displacement. MUIKUH FTW

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

I agree. There are great vehicles from different origin countries. And despite the awesomeness of modern day supercars (whether European, Japanese or American), sometimes we would have to accept that majority of us would probably not own one until maybe later on in life (when there is a sufficient retirement fund and the kids are stable).

There is a reason why Koenigsegg only made 6 examples of the One:1. Not everybody has $2M to spend on a weekend car.

sandals-and-socks__1112776a.jpg

I drive my feet!

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I wasn't gonna go there since he's one of the 1% of american domestic car fans* (fail) that did not bash euros more than imports.

But yes. All cars have their place and there are automotive gems from all kinds of manufacturers.

Displacement is only slightly relevant. A great engine builder can make even the GA16DS from a nissan sunny beat a 350 chevy engine.

And rice is a style where you hop up some daihatsu charade with a 20k paintjob and lambo doors + that stereo that takes up half the car... and you don't touch the engine one bit

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

There is nothing more important than displacement. MUIKUH FTW

Wow you really are an ultra-conservative Minnesotan aren't you?

I agree. There are great vehicles from different origin countries. And despite the awesomeness of modern day supercars (whether European, Japanese or American), sometimes we would have to accept that majority of us would probably not own one until maybe later on in life (when there is a sufficient retirement fund and the kids are stable).

A solution to this would be not having kids. ;) I personally don't plan on having kids however that's not because of cars, that's because of kids. As for the supercars man anyone with an okay job can afford one if the prioritize their money "right", it should not be that hard putting down $100,000 which is the average price of a good used Gallardo these days. A couple of years of saving and that should be in order (mind you I don't have a lot of extra expense like expensive housing, kids or a significant other).

I wasn't gonna go there since he's one of the 1% of american domestic cars that did not bash euros more than imports.

But yes. All cars have their place and there are automotive gems from all kinds of manufacturers.

Displacement is only slightly relevant. A great engine builder can make even the GA16DS from a nissan sunny beat a 350 chevy engine.

And rice is a style where you hop up some daihatsu charade with a 20k paintjob and lambo doors + that stereo that takes up half the car... and you don't touch the engine one bit

Thumbs up.

Wow you really are an ultra-conservative Minnesotan aren't you?

A solution to this would be not having kids. ;) I personally don't plan on having kids however that's not because of cars, that's because of kids. As for the supercars man anyone with an okay job can afford one if the prioritize their money "right", it should not be that hard putting down $100,000 which is the average price of a good used Gallardo these days. A couple of years of saving and that should be in order (mind you I don't have a lot of extra expense like expensive housing, kids or a significant other).

Thumbs up.

BIGGER=BETTER

I wasn't gonna go there since he's one of the 1% of american domestic cars that did not bash euros more than imports.

Displacement is still quite relevant from an engine performance standpoint, as it is one of the factors that dictate how much air and fuel an engine can ingest to combust. 

There are many ways to improve engine performance post-purchase, but most of them also shorten the life of the engine (as the engine was not designed by the manufacturer to endure the additional stresses). The big manufacturers can make their existing engines put out more power as they understand their own designs best, but they don't as they still need them to last way past the warranty period, drive reasonably well, and stay within the desired cost envelope.

Modification is more customizing the vehicle to what is preferable to the owner. If the owner is fine with fixing the car more frequently (maybe it's not a daily driver) or does not intend to keep the car for very long, then extreme mods on the car may be acceptable for his/her use.

True, it is a doable but less popular option. Are you looking at getting a Gallardo soon?

Displacement is still quite relevant from an engine performance standpoint, as it is one of the factors that dictate how much air and fuel an engine can ingest to combust. 

There are many ways to improve engine performance post-purchase, but most of them also shorten the life of the engine (as the engine was not designed by the manufacturer to endure the additional stresses). The big manufacturers can make their existing engines put out more power as they understand their own designs best, but they don't as they still need them to last way past the warranty period, drive reasonably well, and stay within the desired cost envelope.

I'll admit i was a bit extreme with the slightly relevant comment. But you seem to have gotten the point. Displacement is not the be all and end all of engine tuning. There are many other things you can do^^

And as a car guy i know all too well that fiddling with an engine to make more power will shorten it's lifespan somewhat.

But if it's done well and maintained properly. It could last even longer than stock engines too^^

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I actually just bought myself a nice new 2011 BMW 328i... 'Not bad for 19 years old..

My first car was a BMW 320i... i'm not going to tell you the year because it takes all the bragging rights out of it. but yeah, fun fun cars those are.

Right now I drive a 94 pathfinder, all lifted and junk. Gotta get rid of it because it's a gas hog and I hate that. 

Tired of hearing people say you can't install OS X on AMD hardware. Educate yourself.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/138853-just-got-myself-into-a-fully-working-hackintosh-amd-no-less/

All of those ricers would git wrekd by

0911dpweb_17%2B2009_sema_show%2Bbully_do

Bitch please (yes, this is mine):

gallery_37587_679_17119.jpg

Anyway, I plan to either drive our '08 Ford CVPI, or the truck above. Or a '97 Skylark, I'll take those.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I used to drive a 1999 Buick Regal LS (unfortunately the non-supercharged version). It's a 3.8L V6 with ~200HP. Was a pretty solid car, but it eventually died one too many times and had to be retired.

Pics:

attachicon.gifWP_000214-1.jpg

attachicon.gifWP_000215-1.jpg

attachicon.gifWP_000216-1.jpg

attachicon.gifWP_000217-1.jpg

attachicon.gifWP_000218-1.jpg

attachicon.gifWP_000219.jpg

attachicon.gifWP_000220.jpg

attachicon.gifWP_000221-1.jpg

attachicon.gifWP_000222.jpg

I still have Dash Vader :P

I kinda like those cars... I want one. :(

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I kinda like those cars... I want one. :(

Haha well it was a nice car. Quite fast considering how freaking heavy and large it is. And if you stomp on the gas, the acceleration is intense. Sure it's no $200,000 V12 mercedes, but for a car I got for free (hand-me-down from my dad when he upgraded), not too bad. Also the stock sound system was better then most upgraded systems I've seen (mostly because when people buy custom sound systems, they bewilderingly decide all they need is a 1200 watt amp and a couple 12" subs, with the rest of the speakers being P.O.S.). The bass wasn't super deep or anything, but it was WELL BALANCED, and the clarity was insanely good.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Bitch please (yes, this is mine):

Anyway, I plan to either drive our '08 Ford CVPI, or the truck above. Or a '97 Skylark, I'll take those.

Take the truck. ITS MURIKIN