AHAHAHAHA IT HAS A NOTCH - Facebook's Meta smartwatch leaked

Fnige
Go to solution Solved by Arika,

here's the image for people who don't wish to click on the sources

Meta Smartwatch

Quick thanks to @Paul Thexton for showing the article but mate, it could've been its own post

Summary

Say hello to a facebook smartwatch leak, with it possibly having cellular connections, rounded corners, detachable bands and a fucking camera notch. (Note: This is a leak and may not be the final product)

Quotes

According to the report, the Meta smartwatch will have detachable wrist straps and a button at the top of the case. Previous rumors indicate the wearable will have two built-in cameras, with pictures easily being shared to Meta social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp. One camera will be placed at the front, while the other will be placed at the rear.

Meta's smartwatch is also rumored to support cellular, which means a smartphone isn't needed for it to function. As expected, it will also have health tracking features. Since Meta aims to take virtual reality to new heights, there's reason to believe the watch will add to many features on the Oculus Quest 2, including fitness apps such as FitXR.

My thoughts

You can usually get rid of all the notch problem shenanigans thingy with slight UI adjustments most of the time. How would you do that on a smartwatch though? Either way, hehe notch on smartwatch

Sources

Laptopmag article

macrumors article

techcrunch article (has extra info me thinks)

✨FNIGE✨

That would make for some awkward selfies for sure.... Either top down or close up. Can't exactly move it around as you would with a phone that you're holding in your hands.

I don't see that camera being used much, if maybe for facial recognition for easy sign in.

The device will offer a cellular connection that does not require a smartphone

I suppose this might be a relatively nice feature, maybe? For people who just want something basic that tied to them and can't lose it... Maybe ideal for old people and those who are prone to falling and can't get up.
Sure hope it's water resistant at least, otherwise it's dead on arrival to me.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I'd rather a thicker bezel than a notch or pinhole. Reason being uniformity in screen real-estate. It bugs me when I know theres a small portion of the screen that I cannot use. Idk, my monkey brain is wired that way I guess.

Of course I'm not gonna buy it tho. Idk who the hell would anyway. Just get an Apple watch honestly. Much as a I hate the company, I do like their mobiles...

Does camera really necessary for watches in the first place?

01110100 01101000 01100001 01110100 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110011 00100000 00110111 00110000 00100000 01101001 01101110 01100011 01101000 00100000 01110000 01101100 01100001 01110011 01101101 01100001 00100000 01110011 01100011 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101110 00100000 01110100 01110110

Audio Interface I/O LIST v2

Just now, Freakwise said:

how else zucc get his free "p0rn" ?

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

2 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

how else zucc get his free "p0rn" ?

A robotic reptilian gets horny by naked humanic species?

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

1 hour ago, CTR640 said:

A robotic reptilian gets horny by naked humanic species?

zucc must be one of those 'human furrys' i've been hearing about, his fursona is that of a homosapien.

*Insert Witty Signature here*

System Config: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/Tncs9N

7 hours ago, Freakwise said:

I guess video calls on the watch, which is cool for geeks of a certain age.  Not sure about the "watch on the back"...

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎

A facebook device that can see everything that I can see?

yeah... no.

I mean, I can't even see how/why you would want to have a facetime style conversation on a watch over your phone anyway.

Surely it will just turn into a nostril cam.

Have you tried to actually hold your arm high enough, with your wrist vertical enough for this to give a good view of your face?

It is not comfortable, for any duration of time.

I am an Apple user saying this now. This is not ok you do not need a camera on a watch. It looks horrible 

7 hours ago, SADS said:

A facebook device that can see everything that I can see?

yeah... no.

I mean, I can't even see how/why you would want to have a facetime style conversation on a watch over your phone anyway.

Surely it will just turn into a nostril cam.

Have you tried to actually hold your arm high enough, with your wrist vertical enough for this to give a good view of your face?

It is not comfortable, for any duration of time.

Yea, I have used my apple watch for voice calls about once a week, and its straining to keep your arm up like that.

You may have heard of Cat in the Hat, but have you heard of Notch on the Watch?

I'll see myself out.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

On 11/1/2021 at 1:00 AM, FnigePython said:

You can usually get rid of all the notch problem shenanigans thingy with slight UI adjustments most of the time. How would you do that on a smartwatch though?

In my case, by not buying it 😛 

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

It's got camera lenses like a bug's got eyes to see everything around it, including you and what you're up to.
Who needs surveilence cameras anymore?
Just make a camera/tracking device everyone will wear and go around with and wherever it goes, whoever it sees in it's lens it will gather data on.
Do remember what FB is in the first place, it's for gathering data on it's users. That's always been it's purpose and with all the bad press about it lately, it's name is getting changed to META now.
Gee - That sounds a little like Meta-Data right?
No thanks.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.